2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
65 members (danielp11, clothearednincompo, anotherscott, brdwyguy, beeboss, c++, Bill McKaig,RPT, accordeur, 8 invisible), 622 guests, and 455 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I've been working on an original from the day I submitted for the last recital. I was so happy I had finished and submitted I got roaring drunk (well... maybe a bit tippy) , sat down and played the wierdest spacest thing I think I've ever played. I've been tweaking it ever since. I'm calling it "Message From Space". I've been playing it every morning and I think it's driving my wife insane. She asked me the other day while I was at the piano "Whatever happened to Chopin?" I turned my wild, red rimmed eyes eyes to her and laughed saying "Ha, Ha ha, ha.... I HAVE TAKEN CHOPIN TO A NEW LEVEL....I have taken him into space and HE is talking to me in all new ways. HAAAAA HAAAA , we have fine tuned out radio and are getting a MESSAGE FROM SPACE and it is GLORIUS!!!!!@! HA HA HA!!!!! "

Then I asked her if the coffee was ready yet.

Last edited by Peyton; 07/19/11 07:12 AM.
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
laugh

Peyton. Please get some sleep. Soon would be good. Spacey piece does sound interesting - i do like adventurous writing smile

Being quite serious now people, the last Unsung Heroes recital I participated in, every thread that I looked at was positive and supportive. You should read them before you are so sure! The Beethoven recital I have not read because when I clicked on it my computer was infected with the most horrible virus ever. Too scared to click again.

S&W I wish I'd been at a piano party - how lovely for all who attended.

[Linked Image]
Composers manufacture a product that is universally deemed superfluous—at least until their music enters public consciousness, at which point people begin to say that they could not live without it.
Alex Ross.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Peyton

Then I asked her if the coffee was ready yet.

Just the ticket to get you out of your lethargic doldrums... laugh

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The curse of the red dot has struck again. I can't play anything with the camera. I sit and play and my mind is not into the piece but somewhere else in thoughts like "OK, now I got it, this section is good" *playing on autopilot as I think that* and 5 seconds later I crash because I am not there.

I nearly had a nervous breakdown today trying to record two lines of music from a Czerny etude. I turn on the cam "OK, I am done with this section, maybe if I make a mistake now I can do a cut and carry on" *again playing on autopilot and making tons of mistakes. I turn off the cam, play it with no errors, then I turn it back on, unable to finish it and so on laugh

Last edited by Teodor; 07/19/11 09:14 AM.

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Peyton, looking forward to your composition, but your post has me thinking exorcism. Then again if it sounds like Chopin... maybe not. smile

S&W I wish I'd been at a piano party - how lovely for all who attended.

Canonie, for you we would have to skype.

I look forward to your playing, Mr. Strings & Wood. I love Prelude No. 20.

Going to give you my best shot. smile

Originally Posted by cscl
I'm planning Schubert Op. 9 waltzes Nos. 1-3 that I played in a June competition, meaning I'd better record now before I forget them. eek

I love Schubert, I'd love to be able to play some of his pieces, but can't do it justice right now.

Self taught adult beginner since September 2009 ( Man, I REALLY need a teacher ... )
Roland HP-305
I am afraid I will not be very original for the August recital. frown

The piece I was planning to play is far from being ready and the only one that will sound decent has been done beautifully at the last recital by S&W ... So, it's either that or no piece at all.

It's gonna be a last minute decision I guess ... confused

Self taught adult beginner since September 2009 ( Man, I REALLY need a teacher ... )
Roland HP-305

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
The piece I was planning to play is far from being ready and the only one that will sound decent has been done beautifully at the last recital by S&W ... So, it's either that or no piece at all.

I hope that you will submit- I would love to hear it.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Strings & Wood
Peyton, looking forward to your composition, but your post has me thinking exorcism. Then again if it sounds like Chopin... maybe not. smile

No... it sounds nothing like Chopin. In fact Chopin would probably slap me silly with his white glove if he heard it. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Teodor
The curse of the red dot has struck again. I can't play anything with the camera. I sit and play and my mind is not into the piece but somewhere else in thoughts like "OK, now I got it, this section is good" *playing on autopilot as I think that* and 5 seconds later I crash because I am not there.

I nearly had a nervous breakdown today trying to record two lines of music from a Czerny etude. I turn on the cam "OK, I am done with this section, maybe if I make a mistake now I can do a cut and carry on" *again playing on autopilot and making tons of mistakes. I turn off the cam, play it with no errors, then I turn it back on, unable to finish it and so on laugh

Why not try putting the camara on record, everytime you practice, ie start it recording and just leave it on while you practice, after a few sessions, you may start to forget that it's actually there.

If I put the camara on record in the hope of just playing and recording one piece, you can gaurentee I'll make a mistake.

C
C
Originally Posted by Cohenfan
Originally Posted by cscl
I'm planning Schubert Op. 9 waltzes Nos. 1-3 that I played in a June competition, meaning I'd better record now before I forget them. eek

I love Schubert, I'd love to be able to play some of his pieces, but can't do it justice right now.

These were my Schubert starter pieces. They're very short, only 16 measures each. Still, they have lots of notes! The disappointing thing ends up being their brevity, without repeats, only about a minute and a half. I dream of playing the Drei Klavierstucke and the op. 140 impromptu in f minor. Someday!

cscl
Estonia 190 Satin Ebony
ABF Recitals: [Linked Image]x9 — Studio Recitals: x17
[Linked Image][Linked Image]*
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
I'd like to have a mix of Schubert landler for the next recital (from D366, I think, 'Siebtzehn Landler'), but it's looking unlikely. Just staring to put hands together. Well, a lot can happen in two weeks, we'll see. Most of my learning happens during this crunch-time.

I'll be in Maui on 'opening night,' so I'm looking forward to a nice ABF recital present when I return. I will need something to offset the drudgery of returning to classes.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by hawgdriver
I'd like to have a mix of Schubert landler for the next recital (from D366, I think, 'Siebtzehn Landler'), but it's looking unlikely.

You could play a duet with your son smile Do you think he could fake the treble of a landler?

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I'll be in Maui on 'opening night,'

Yeah, life is rough. grin

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by jotur
I'd like to have a mix of Schubert landler for the next recital (from D366, I think, 'Siebtzehn Landler'), but it's looking unlikely.

You could play a duet with your son smile Do you think he could fake the treble of a landler?

Cathy

Hm, he likes to walk his 'spider' across the piano...it could be novel...

BTW, you all should know that spiders (hand-spiders) come in certain varieties:

Squishable
Invincible/unsquishable ('braaaaarrr!' spiders)
Kangaroo spiders
Mega invincible unsquishable dadda spiders

Originally Posted by BenPiano
I'll be in Maui on 'opening night,'

Yeah, life is rough. grin

grin

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Mega invincible unsquishable dadda spiders

Ok, so I quoted this in the Colorado piano party thread. So I'm 65 and confused, ok? laugh

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
This time I will try not to play already known material but I will work on a piece from scratch just for our recital since it's summer and I have no formal assignments at the moment. Let's see how it goes ^_^

I was planning to record fur elise but I changed my mind, it's played too often. Instead it will be a Japanese piece which has turned out to be my absolutely most favorite music. Even though anime and game music is not as deep as classical is quite good often times and I love it smile

Last edited by Teodor; 07/22/11 06:29 AM.

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

bumpity-bump bump
bumpity-bump bump
Four more days to go.

wink

Originally Posted by Monica K.
bumpity-bump bump
bumpity-bump bump
Four more days to go.

wink

Hi Monica. I believe that you are the person in charge of putting the recital together... Is there a link that I could follow where I can read as to how this is done? ... I mean, the process of uploading an entry and if that entry is a video? I thank you. smile

Be careful about wanting to reach the top because once you are at the top, the only place left to go is down.

[Linked Image]

Hi Clemente, on August 1st I will be starting a thread entitled "Recital #23 -- Call For Submissions" that will have the link to the recital website. It's not set up to accept entries right now, so I don't want to give the link here. But the thread will have all the details about how to submit your piece.

The recital requires recordings in mp3 format. But there is an optional space for people to provide the links to a YouTube video. Not everybody does so (maybe 1/3?), but it's there for those who have videos.

The mp3s are compiled into several zip files, and they're also listed individually for people who just want to click and play without downloading something onto their computer.

This is probably sounding way more complicated than it really is. Here's a link to the last recital page to give you an idea of what it will look like when it comes out.

Recital #22 thread

For the time being, all you need to worry about is getting a recording of your piece in mp3 format, and look for the new thread calling for recital submissions on August 1. smile

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Why do used Baldwins seemed to sell for less than...
by pianoloverus - 04/17/21 04:00 PM
Cesar Mariano - Brazilian jazz piano
by jjo - 04/17/21 03:57 PM
Did many of the great piano compositions start out...
by pianoloverus - 04/17/21 03:40 PM
Pearl River GP160 for intermediate player
by PoleStar - 04/17/21 01:27 PM
NV10 has been 3D Printed?
by Harpuia - 04/17/21 01:19 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,353
Posts3,083,535
Members101,221
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission