2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 86 of 136 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 135 136
Snoopy

Which "piano shop?" What "princess?" Quick, let me know your lingo!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
dancing princess lor, few pages back, neber pay attention huh? i sneak out to "master" shop to help a client to Beo a LU100, was chatting with boss, then custome lai leow. So i go into the glass showroom to sms my findings of the LU.

Then doink.. big princess n little princess came into the glass room to access the special room, n big princess gotcha me. was startled abit.. aaa which tuning customers huh?? no i recog u from the PW. Like kenna speed camera.

Anyway i think the "special" kawai has good potential, tone is full, dynamics is one of the best among the choices.

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
Thanks for playing those beautiful songs, Snoopycar. Sorry to catch you unawares. you play very well.... wish I could play like that ....if only I didn't give up so many years ago.

We love that special Kawai too, but it's above budget lah...

Anyway, we finally went to see some more pianos and we are leaning toward getting a older Japanese imported used piano as they looked so new and still sound good and of course - cheaper as well....better for budget, especially since economy is not well, may lose job anytime.

But then, we got confused by different salesmen -
1. about imported used Japanese domestic pianos and local used pianos. Apparently, some say, Japanese domestic piano wood is not made for Singapore climate, so may warp after a while, so Singapore used piano better? Are Singapore used pianos specially built for the climate? Or, are they just 'aclimatized' ?
2. Also is it true that all pianos after 20 years will have to be reconditioned, if not they won't last long...so most piano out there are recond? if not, the strings may break after a while?..so do the strings need to be changed after many years? Many 15 to 20 year old pianos look far too pristine inside not to have been reconed ... despite salesmen saying, no recon lah, straight from Japan!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
oh over flatered, thks for the compliment, nothing at all really...
You also can pick up after stopping for so long, just give yourself 1~2 to working on it. self learn can already.

the particular kawai can be juiced for even better touch by going through a round of fine adjustment on the action. PM me your idea ____ , i beep beep master see if can match make(gotta speak in lingo here)

As we have pointed out many post n posts ago, yes, these amazing like "new" condition piano are really original condition from japanese homes !!! After being sold off to re-exporters due to move home, child grown up, no 2nd beliefs.
These piano just sit at nice enviromental clean home for 10~20 years, like in a showroom.

But there are some that are heavily used and all parts have been change, strings, bass, hammers, pedal. To find out, just see, you can know and tell, but the person must be a season tech, you know who.

Those who say japan piano can't be use in SG ....
who arr , yamaha n kawai dealer ?? haha..

cheers

W
W
Snoopy , What is that special kawai ?

Hey Snoopy,

I was thinking of visiting the "master" to check out the W&L and Hailun. Maybe can bump into you there smile

I like the taiwanese soya and you tiao in you-know-where.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
oh no... the "master" i refers to is different for your mention master smile think again.
one is kung fu, the other karatae.

kawai special is one with extra 2 bass. when damper is press, it add resonace and the bass seems more meaty - more ooomph!!

well, i don't mind dropping by too to check it out WL again, then go to geylang - for the tau hwey, you char kwhy near by... hehehe

F
F
Hi, I'm new here and looking for a piano.

I've been to Robert to try some of them, and quite liked the K8, so that's what I'd probably be getting in the end if I settle for new.

However, after some consideration, I won't mind looking at some decently cheap and good quality used grands first before deciding. I've read through some of the pages in this thread, but now I'm more confused as to where stocks what and such.

I'm probably looking at a used Kawai/Yamaha, preferably from Japan. Budget would be around 10k.

Would appreciate if someone could PM a small list of shops selling used Japanese pianos, with some grands.

Thanks smile

M
M
Hey,
this is a really interesting article:

http://www.musicouch.com/Genres/Classical/Showing-Virtuosity-in-60-Seconds.357351

It kind of gives a new perspective. Leave some comments about what you think smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Finkelstein:
Hi, I'm new here and looking for a piano.

I've been to Robert to try some of them, and quite liked the K8, so that's what I'd probably be getting in the end if I settle for new.

However, after some consideration, I won't mind looking at some decently cheap and good quality used grands first before deciding. I've read through some of the pages in this thread, but now I'm more confused as to where stocks what and such.

I'm probably looking at a used Kawai/Yamaha, preferably from Japan. Budget would be around 10k.

Would appreciate if someone could PM a small list of shops selling used Japanese pianos, with some grands.

Thanks smile
sorry too busy to reply
if you flip to the sat straits times classified sections, there are 30~40 shop advertising(competing).

Good japanese grands are a little rare.
There is on kawai CA70(concert artist) at century!!
Excellent condition and superb power and tone. Its a 9.1footer and around 35k though(the lady measures the top lid length and tells me 7.7foot) thumb
(can i use my cpf to buy ??)

R
R
Hi snoopycar

I am new to the forum and is currently shopping for another piano. My sister is picking up piano again after 20 years and is taking the grade 7 exam. I only started picking up piano recently.

Just wondering whether the special kawai that you are talking about is the US61 at Mr Kwan. After shopping over a few shops, I love the sound and touch of that piano the most but it is pricely for a 2nd hand piano.

My other choice is a Kawai 26 years old US50 with another dealer ($4,200).

I now still struggling cos my initial budget is only $2,000. But my sister and I don't mind spending more for a good buy.

So if it is really the same special piano that you are talking about, can let me know is it just my delusion or is it really good? Cos my sister has no preference lor and I am just a beginner so no confident in my judgement.

But I may have decoded your messages wrongly. The master that you are referring is a different one. smile )

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
yes, that's the one. it a little pricey over US50 because its new price is higher also. The bass tone is full, right? If you're really keen, i can accompany you to check out the condition again more in detail.

the master is the "master" lor.
can tune with just a fork, a mute , and a tuning lever.

US50, have you chk out the condition?
If it good, then consider. If so so, the consider the US61, better features, just a few hundred more. Price wise, should be able to knock off a little if you are really keen.

As usual in all shops, if you just asking price, they cannot give the lowest lowest because it'll spoil market. If you take out wallet, and want to deposit, then slowly put back..... smile then ask for some discount, maybe its effective.. hehe

Mr Kwan has many nice pianos. If I had the money, I'd get the Fazioli.

But I'm glad I got something I like ... :p

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
you like japanese babe*.... hehehe
ppp , you use dehumidifier right?
how about the heater? Kept On all the time?

Hows you SP bill, jia luck, now i have 3 heater constantly on, $80.(2 px at home)

*piano

R
R
Thanks Snoopycar. I made a mistake... the special kawai is actually US80. My sister and I have decided to go for it.... Can't wait for the piano to be delivered next week smile

Btw, the US50 that I have mentioned is in quite good condition. In fact, the dealer has quite good grade used yamaha and kawai and at reasonable price. If anyone is interested, look for Music Odessey over the internet.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ringo

Wow, congrats !! thumb
say hello to rumbling bass smokin

Did you use my bargining "technique" ?
did it work? hehe

cheers cool

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
uniquely singapore :t:

[Linked Image]

wah rao ....

D
D
To avoid ppl asking “Are these seats taken?”

This is nothing actually....

What? table for 6 with 6 tissues

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Hey, don't ignore the umbrellas hooked on the chairs as well!!
eek eek eek eek eek eek

W
W
Hey snoopy , your mail is full, so i just post it here ok .

Yes . It is that shop .

Hmmm , what is the story behind it ?

Page 86 of 136 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission