2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, 4 invisible), 1,330 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
jazztpt #1707633 07/05/11 06:07 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jazztpt

Here is my contribution to the bar.

My Foolish Heart

jazztpt - great job on this beautiful standard thumb

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Nicole, nice playing. What's the deal? Do you get together with a bunch of musicians and jam on a regular interval? Sounds like fun.

Cgyan- a very contemplative piece. You do it just right. Just the right amount of reverb too.

John- Nice playing of the Mozart.

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Lady Payne
Beautiful music. Love that piece...makes me realize each time how quickly life moves

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
alphaterminus ~ Great to see you at the Piano Bar - welcome!. Beautiful music. I've never heard of David Nevue. His music sounds very similar to a few others recently posted - great to see that. You played the selection, heartfelt. Thank you.

Groucho ~ Welcome to the piano bar! How very kind of you to learn a piece of music to play at one of life's passages for your brother's child. You hold your hands in a very relaxed position and it shows in your playing. Excellent!

Mohan ~ Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - another variation on Mozart's 12 K265, making it 13. You played this rendition of it very well - another David Nevue - wow! Thanks for sharing your music.

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Inlanding
Loved it...made me want to sit back with a Grand Marnier and candlelit lounge.

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
AlphaTerminus: What a wonderful sound you have there! Thanks for sharing.

"You are the music while the music lasts" - T.S. Eliot
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Some excellent music and playing again this month, lots of new music that I haven't heard before which is part of the pleasure for me.

Thanks to all who commented on my post.

GrouchoMarx - excellent note perfect playing it would have sounded great at the Christening.

Mohan Karthik - expert playing here, really enjoyed it.

TrapperJohn - apologies I missed your Romance post for some reason. Enjoyed your performance, you obviously have a passion for Mozart, thanks.

Jazztpt

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Here's another tune I recorded at the weekend, its a quick once through of an old standard.

My One And Only Love

Jazztpt

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Groucho, great job on this forums classic. It's probably one of the most recorded pieces on ABF, and you play it tremendously well.

Mohan K, beautifully played.

jazztpt, that's terrific! I enjoyed it a lot.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Ladypayne, glad to see you are up and playing again after your move. Nifty arpeggios on Sunrise, Sunset. We oldtimers find that some quite moving. Good playing!

Glen, wow, love that Horace Silver piece, and your improv on it. Very nice jazz feeling.

Iain, yes, it did indeed fit with the image of the moonlit lake. Very serene, calming. What I need somedays! Well done.

Trap, always a pleasure to listen to Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. Nicely done! BTW, your playing and writing and hometown sure do remind me of another John who used to hang out here.

Augustina, that's some red hot stuff there, you risk burning up the keyboard at that speed. Good job.

Jazztpt, very full and interesting (though laid back) performance of My Foolish Heart. Love those chords! Also love your take on My One and Only Love, one of my favs!

AlphaT, very thoughtful and heartfelt rendition of the Nevue piece. What a great piano! Well done.

Groucho, wow, you played with excellent feeling even when you were playing some pretty tough stuff in both hands. Well done.

Mohan, great job of making real music out of the simplest tune. Good work.

My piece this month is Blue Monk, by jazz pianist Thelonious Monk. I am playing the piano, but the drums and bass are on a backing track.

Ed

http://www.box.net/shared/82bgleq8tcyfc5ye1o01

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Wish I could spend today hanging out here in the piano bar...love the moods you all are creating with your music and want to hear each one. Nicole...you really get into some deep blues with your Blues in E. Whew! Iain (Cgyan) you set such a classic picture with your sensitive touch on this piece. Glass of chardonnay and a chair by the lake...reflective place.

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
Some great contributions for the first week in the bar! Thanks again everyone for listening to my little contribution this month and I appreciate all your comments.

ladypayne - great start to the month, must get around to watching Fiddler again. Nicely done!

glen - it's always an education to watch you play, both in technique and choice of music. I'm constantly impressed with your improv and free playing abilities and this was nice work on Lonely Woman.

nicole - wow, cool sounds! I really like what you did with this. How is the composition class coming along or have you completed it yet?

trap - you have a cool, calm and collected style to your playing which is really nice to listen to. Also, thanks for the info on the repertoire book you use - got it noted for the future.

augustina - hey, that's really nice. Lots of fun indeed, shame it wasn't longer!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AlphaTerminus
My first contribution to the piano bar. Prelude - There is a Fountain by David Nevue.

AT - very nice piece, nice sound and nice touch - haven't heard anything by DN that I don't like and this is no exception.

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by GrouchoMarx
I played this piece at the baptism (or is it called christening?) of my brother's child. Thought it a good idea to record it when it's still fresh in my memory.

Hope you enjoy

Groucho - Never tire of hearing this lovely Tiersen piece - delicately and sensitively played - glad you're with us here in the Bar!

Trap

BTW - how are your brothers Harpo, Chico & Zeppo doing (and the infamous and deranged black sheep of the family Carl)? laugh

B
B
Well I haven't progressed on this as much as I would have liked to by now, after all I started learning it in January of this year, and I still have one more page of music to go. Working alot more than I thought I would be this summer so I don't have much time to play.

Anyhow, here it is, more of the raindrop prelude from Chopin. To see my progress, look in the piano bar from February, or just look in my channel for that video

There are a few mistakes in here, they are pretty obvious when they occur. I suppose practice makes perfect.

edit: sorry quality isn't great and the cam kinda shakes around. I was balancing my iPhone on the piano

Last edited by beechcraft409; 07/06/11 07:01 PM.

Nick

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
GrouchoMarx - Comptine d'un autre ete...is just excellently played! How great you played this for your nephew's baptism, too! (your 1st piano piece ever?! holy cow!)

Mohan - Twinkle, twinkle...I like this arrangement by Nevue. Wonderful playing with the perfect touch on this!

jazztpt - My One and Only Love - I love your take on this one! Great chords and the ending is very tasty!

Riddler
- Blue Monk - very cool! cool Nice groove you got going there! (I also like that you let your "band mates" take a quick solo here & there laugh )

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
jazzpt ~ a fine, mellow swing you created on that beautiful melody! Once again, a superb, very enjoyable rendition.

Ed ~ I love Blue Monk and you improvised it so playfully. Great comping, and so relaxed was your delivery. I'd buy a ticket to your gig anytime.

beechcraft409 ~ Chopin's music is beautiful. Clearly, you were connecting with the music, listening to the nuances you want to express. Keep it up! Look forward to your next iteration. Thank you for sharing your music.

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ladypayne - an excellent opener for this months piano bar!

Inlanding
- I don't know the original, but your take on this makes me think you wrote it since it has your style and flair - awesome!

cgyan - perfect description for this song. It reminded me of my holiday weekend, crawling back and reigniting our fire after the fireworks died off and after having a few games of cribbage with the FIL. The lake was still and quiet, and the stars peered out between the branches of the trees. I can't see that many stars from where I live, but there the heavens opened up. This would have been heard in the background.

TJ - you made the genius of Mozart shine through!

Augustina
- sounds like fun to play!

jazzpt - I love how everyone here has their own niche. I don't know how anyone couldn't enjoy listening to your jazz style here - I know I did!

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
AlphaTerminus - Nice - loved it!

GrouchoMarx
- Great! I really enjoyed the composition of your video!

Mohan Karthik
- Wonderful playing!

Riddler
- nice blues - a one man band!

Last edited by BenPiano; 07/07/11 01:07 AM.

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mohan Karthik

Thought I'll share another Nevue here.

Hope you like it. Have fun smile

Mohan - delightful version excellently played (as usual) thumb

Trap

Last edited by TrapperJohn; 07/07/11 05:42 AM.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission