2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
69 members (Buzz209, achoo42, Beowulf, AndyOnThePiano, accordeur, AjinoRegret, 18 invisible), 579 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Re: Recital #22 --- General Discussion Room
AB Forum Recital #1691475 06/06/11 04:52 PM
S
S
Sorry for the delay in getting out my comments. I am really enjoying all the recital pieces so far.

35. Teodor - Avalanche - Op. 45, No. 2 Really nice Teodor. Nice dynamics and great job on keeping consistent timing through all the runs in this piece. I can tell you put a lot of work into this piece and I really enjoyed listening to it. Thanks for submitting!

36. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Black Orpheus (Manha de Carnival) Wow, very interesting piece. This rhythm seems really difficult to play. Great job, I really enjoyed listening.

37. CMohr - A Time For Love So beautiful CMOhr! Such a romantic, flowing piece. It’s really impressive that this is your own arrangement from lead sheets. Great job, I really enjoyed!

38. Andy Platt - Sonatina No.4 in G (Andante) Nice Andy. I’ve always thought Clementi was fun to play. You have a nice, light touch and your dynamics came through well. I enjoyed listening. Thank you.

39. Roger Ransom - A Deam is a Wish Your Heart Makes Awwwe, sooo sweet. I just loved your piece. Your playing was refined and the song just flowed. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

40. Monica K. - Divenire Gorgeous Monica. I think you did a great job with this piece. I love the passion in it, especially the slower parts. I’m glad you submitted it, thanks!

41. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gavotte Very pretty Cheryl. I’m not familiar with the works of Handel but what a nice introduction. Great job on the trills and your playing was fluent and delicate. I enjoyed listening. Thank you for submitting.

AK

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
AB Forum Recital #1691491 06/06/11 05:17 PM
S
S
42. bluekeys - Maple Leaf Rag WOW!! Excellent job on this piece. I’ve always wanted to learn it. It sounds like you are enjoying yourself while playing. It is a very difficult piece but you did a great job!! Thanks for submitting.

43. Wisebuff - Le Sommeil de l'Enfant (Berceuse) I just loved this piece. It is a beautiful lullaby. I don’t know the piece so I wouldn’t have known that you cut it down. When you finish it will be a very special gift to your granddaughter. Thank you so much for submitting.

44. achat - Love Theme Very beautiful Achat. I can’t believe you’ve been playing for less than 1 year. You must be working really hard and it shows! I really enjoyed this very pretty piece. Thank you for submitting.

45. grotrianer - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring Absolutely beautiful!! I really listened through many times to offer some suggestions since you mentioned your teacher wouldn’t work with you on it. My only suggestion at all would be to quiet your left hand but that was only in a couple areas. Overall, your timing, dynamics, and musicality seemed flawless. I really enjoyed your playing! Thanks for sharing!

46. Ode2Joy - Tango This was a really nice piece Ode2Joy. I’m not familiar with the piece but it seems quite technically challenging. I think you did a great job with it and I really enjoyed listening. Thank you for submitting!

AK

AB Forum Recital #1691655 06/06/11 10:49 PM
S
S
47. dannylux / Mel - Gavota Wow! A beautiful piece played beautifully. I listened to this piece several times because I enjoyed it sooo much!! I’m not familiar with this piece or composer but I truly thought you played it perfectly. I loved the passion you put into it, and the sweet ending was just right!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

48. EJR / Elwyn - Hurt Really great job with this piece. It is a very emotional song and that definitely came through with your playing. The dynamics were perfect. Great work. Thanks for submitting.

49. Fillanzea - Aria (BWV Anh. 131) Very pretty piece Fillanzea. You played very well as the piece really flowed without hesitation. I enjoyed listening to it a lot. Thank you.

50. ddh - Daniel - Berceuse (Lullaby) Wow Daniel, what a beautiful piece and you played it so well. Thank you so much for introducing me to this composer. I will definitely do more research on him. I also enjoyed reading his background. Again, your playing was beautiful and evocative. Thank you so much!!!

51. Piano Again - Well-Tempered Clavier, Book II, Prelude and Fugue No. 15 in G major Wow! I too am amazed that you played this from memory and recorded it in one take! It was really great stuff and I enjoyed listening to it tremendously. Congrats on getting through fourteen of the preludes!! That’s very impressive!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent!

AK

AB Forum Recital #1691699 06/07/11 12:13 AM
S
S
52. Lain - Sonatine - I. Modere Gorgeous Lain! This is another composer I was not familiar with but will be looking into. This piece is just beautiful and I can’t imagine it played any better! It is obvious from this piece that you have put a lot of hard work and dedication into your playing. An absolutely incredible and beautiful piece. Thank you for submitting it.

53. MegumiNoda - Visions Fugitives #2 Wow! This was really great! I loved the piece and you played it beautifully! From a technical and musicality aspect I couldn’t imagine it played any better! Thank you so much for sharing!

54. jotur/Cathy Turner - Neil Gow's Lament for His Second Wife Cathy, this was a really nice Scottish piece. I wasn’t familiar with this piece but really enjoyed listening. I can just picture Mr. Gow playing it on his fiddle. Also, I enjoyed reading your description. Thank you for submitting!

55. Hawgdriver (Leon) - March in G minor, op. 76/2 Hawgdriver- Wow! First, I think this piece sounds extremely challenging and second, I think you played it exceptionally well!! I loved the passion in which you played it. The piece flowed really well and the dynamics and phrasing were exceptional. Also, your piano has a beautiful, rich sound. Thank you for submitting!

56. anthonyb - Berlin Song Really beautiful Anthonyb. I love this Einaudi piece and you played it beautifully. Another one for my list of pieces to learn! Thank you so much for submitting and sharing!

57. cscl - Invention No. 1 Nice playing CSCL. You did a great job on this Bach piece, even with the distraction of the children. I’m really glad you were able to get it in prior to the deadline, as I enjoyed listening to it very much. Thank you very much for submitting!

I'd like to thank everyone again for the hours of listening enjoyment!!! Also, thank you so much to all who commented on my piece. I really take the comments to heart and so appreciate them!

Best Regards,
Alleykatt (Cathy)

AB Forum Recital #1692004 06/07/11 02:09 PM

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks, AlleyKatt! I'm very happy that you enjoyed my tune!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #1692021 06/07/11 02:27 PM

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
49. Fillanzea - Aria (BWV Anh. 131)
Good progress being made here. Congratulations on the decision to restart.

50. ddh - Daniel - Berceuse (Lullaby)
Thanks for the introduction to Mathieu. I enjoyed the music and information. Nice playing Daniel.

51. Piano Again - Well-Tempered Clavier, Book II, Prelude and Fugue No. 15 in G major
Very nice PA. It sounds like quite the finger workout and I am most impressed ( envious really ) of your one take!

52. Lain - Sonatine - I. Modere
Beautiful playing Lain. I enjoyed this very much. Welcome to the ABF recital!

53. MegumiNoda - Visions Fugitives #2
Well this is pretty dark- almost spooky. Very nice playing MegumiNoda.

54. jotur/Cathy Turner - Neil Gow's Lament for His Second Wife
Softy now are ye?
Lament:
"1. To express grief for or about; mourn: lament a death.
2. To regret deeply; deplore: He lamented his thoughtless acts."

Now, I am trying to figure out Neil's position. It sounds like it should be "1." based on your excellent interpretation performed here; but it could also be "2.", depending on the circumstances. laugh
Enjoyed it Cathy!

55. Hawgdriver (Leon) - March in G minor, op. 76/2
Richter can be hit or miss for me. Some of recordings his I like a lot and some leave me wondering.
Nice playing and nice dynamics HD.

56. anthonyb - Berlin Song
Very nice anthonyb. I enjoyed listening.

57. cscl - Invention No. 1
Excellent concentration cscl. When I first heard the background noise I thought my neighbor's kids were in the backyard. Well done.

AB Forum Recital #1693779 06/11/11 12:34 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
sick omg I got distracted by the Cliburn Amateur and never finished! My apologies! I got distracted, but even the Cliburn Amateur doesn't compare to our homemade (and non-competitive) recitals! wink

41. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gavotte - Cas, I can hear your improvement each recital. I understand your frustration in recording and anticipating the unexpected distraction. I hope you're healing well!

42. bluekeys - Maple Leaf Rag - You're too hard on yourself - I think you did just fine! I think Joplin is difficult for anyone, regardless of experience. Just keep at it, you'll sound like an old pro before you know it!

43. Wisebuff - Le Sommeil de l'Enfant (Berceuse) - Beautiful piece! (and your piano sounds great) Congratulations on your new granddaughter! smile

44. achat - Love Theme - Terrific playing at 8.5 months! thumb

45. grotrianer - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - ""great-take-so-far"-tension" haha, I love this description! But I didn't hear it at all. Wonderful playing, and shame on your teacher for not working on this with you - you played great without teacher input!

46. Ode2Joy - Tango - Thanks for sharing! I don't think I've ever heard anything from Albeniz before, and it sounded great. I hear you about implementing nerve reduction techniques before recording. smile

47. dannylux / Mel - Gavota - This is one of the things I love about these recitals - being exposed to works I don't think I would ever discover on my own. Thanks for sharing this obscure piece and composer (at least to me) - brilliantly played!

48. EJR / Elwyn - Hurt - OK, I can honestly say that I never expected to hear NIN in the ABF recitals. But it sounded great, well done!

49. Fillanzea - Aria (BWV Anh. 131) - Well done! Don't go on and off. Just go ON! smile

50. ddh - Daniel - Berceuse (Lullaby) Thanks for introducing this composer to the ABF recitals. I love hearing this kind of unusual stuff here! It's a shame when these prodigies leave our realm so early.

51. Piano Again - Well-Tempered Clavier, Book II, Prelude and Fugue No. 15 in G major - ha! You're no beginner, but always welcome here. I'm amazed by your talent and dedication to learn all of the preludes and fugues from the WTC. Just awesome!

52. Lain - Sonatine - I. Modere - wow, that was awesome, well done!

53. MegumiNoda - Visions Fugitives #2 - An interesting piece, no doubt. I hope the recital went well!

54. jotur/Cathy Turner - Neil Gow's Lament for His Second Wife - Very remorseful, well done!

55. Hawgdriver (Leon) - March in G minor, op. 76/2 - Dude, wow. shocked

56. anthonyb - Berlin Song - Wonderfully played!

57. cscl - Invention No. 1 - Well done! haha, I understand the frustrations of trying to record with stuff going on in the background.

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
AB Forum Recital #1693780 06/11/11 12:37 AM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Thanks, you guys. Carl - I was remorseful after hearing my recording laugh I have never heard anyone play it the way I heard it played live by a fiddler from Ireland. Not even close. It's a truly haunting tune. Some day I'll re-record and it will be closer to that.

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
AB Forum Recital #1694630 06/12/11 10:05 PM
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Thanks Ben, AllyKat, Strings and Woods,
I enjoyed playing for you and really enjoyed your comments and encouragement.

[Linked Image]

Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
AB Forum Recital #1701869 06/25/11 02:09 PM
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Is there no handout of the medals this time?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #1701936 06/25/11 05:18 PM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Yes Wouter is right. We are getting a bit sloppy in the medal dept. I don't even know where I put a bunch of mine. Maybe in the garage somewhere.

We need someone to take over the medal ceremony that never really existed. Someone to come up with a good theme and implement it.

Wouter, how 'bout you do it?

wouter79 #1702136 06/26/11 01:03 AM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by wouter79
Is there no handout of the medals this time?

Here it was:

Copper's Order of the Red Dot

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
AB Forum Recital #1702140 06/26/11 01:07 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
We're still talking about last recital? The next recital is just around the corner! shocked

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
AB Forum Recital #1702518 06/26/11 05:35 PM
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Ben, Yes last recital we forgot the medals smile

Jotur yes something like that!

mr_super-hunky,

We need someone to take over the medal ceremony that never really existed. Someone to come up with a good theme and implement it.

Wouter, how 'bout you do it?

I don't quite follow you... Never existed? I thought what yotur was referring to was pretty existing? "good theme", "implement it" confused crazy

AB Forum Recital #1702519 06/26/11 05:37 PM
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
When is the next recital BTW?

AB Forum Recital #1702522 06/26/11 05:45 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
August, I'm sure, started my piece 3 days ago, hope I get it done satisfactory in time, wouldn't want to have to subject you all to another lady gaga lol! And, yeah, I saw the order of red dot post, no slacking going on there!

AB Forum Recital #1702724 06/27/11 02:03 AM
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Thanks Jotor, apparently I bluntly missed it!!

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
July Piano Bar 2020
by Tim Adrianson - 07/06/20 04:35 PM
AF215 vs. cc213 scale design
by blueviewlaguna. - 07/06/20 04:06 PM
Your Biggest Struggles
by Tom-mmh - 07/06/20 03:51 PM
Value of piano?
by Heimom - 07/06/20 03:33 PM
Ennio Morricone RIP
by pianoloverus - 07/06/20 02:20 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics200,074
Posts2,977,550
Members97,683
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission