2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, Charles Cohen, 20/20 Vision, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 9 invisible), 1,922 guests, and 266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
R
Originally Posted by piRround
I'm still trying to get past how you have an eight year old AND a beautiful white room at the same time. What is your secret?

I'm still thinking this guy is putting us on.

Rick

Last edited by rickshapiro; 06/24/11 03:27 PM.

Music Hack

Nord NP88,Yamaha Motif ES7, Brodmann 187 Grand,
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by rickshapiro
I'm still trying to get past how you have an eight year old AND a beautiful white room at the same time. What is your secret?

Rick

I think so too but I still love the white room.

Sandy

H
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H

I absolutely do have an eight year old boy. Ok, he isn't a budding pan flute savant, but that's just proud parent hyperbole.

My secret? The easy part is that I'm Asian and don't wear shoes in the house. House keeper every other week helps. My real secret though lies in the lessons of the Dog Whisperer, Cesar Millan.

Last edited by Hideki Matsui; 06/24/11 03:36 PM.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
H
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by rickshapiro

Rick

Just to clarify. I am not the real Hideki Matsui. I did own a CP1 just yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hideki Matsui; 06/24/11 03:43 PM.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
W
W
You have an acoustic piano right there. Play that.

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Lucky you didn't get a barrel of gasoline ! They could have mistaken it for Shell V-power - it doesn't sounds as good but it get's you further than you ever imagined...

H
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by Kawai James

Godzilla, nicely done. wink

James
x

I feel a bit like Andy Kaufman on the bongos right now.

Last edited by Hideki Matsui; 06/24/11 04:06 PM.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
This has surely got to be one of the best threads of the year, so far. wink

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
I love that you have that beautiful bench in front of your new "V"!

I wasn't familiar with the CP1 you traded away, so I looked it up. I personally don't understand why everyone on the forum is so upset - I think you definitely got the better end of the deal. I was surprised to learn the CP1 is apparently quite portable, but its sound is rather brash from what I gather.

I'd say keep the V. smile

Cheers,
Jim

I'd rather be practicing wink
Kawai K-3, Roland FP-7F
Now: Brahms Op. 118, Bach French Suite #5
J
J
well.... that's really a funny joke :-)

YAMAHA PSR-E423 / KORG microSTATION / Roland FP-7F
D
D
Originally Posted by jscomposer
Dude, that doesn't even have 88 keys. LMFAO!!!! (sorry)

[Linked Image]

Ya I noticed that, I think I counted 61?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
So Hideki, what's your plan?

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
How about trading-in the Shigeru for a Winkelmann?

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Y
Y
Speaking from the perspective of a bona fide "pre-beginner" who aspires to learn how to play piano one day, even I would know how a Roland V-piano looks like, and some of its nuances. Lurking in this forum in the past months, I have learned much from all of you, my friends, experienced pianists and keyboarders alike. And among them, Hideki, your postings invariably have been informative and knowledgeable. There is no way you could have made this purchase as an inadvertent mistake, an mistake that even I could not have made.

Thank you for clowning around in an effort to entertain us all on a hot summer day.

Last edited by YoungH; 06/25/11 02:19 PM.
Wow, what a dream setup..

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Korg Kronos 88 (on order)
Access Virus TI2 61
Roland V-Synth GT

it does't get any better than that..

H
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by YoungH
Speaking from the perspective of a bona fide "pre-beginner" who aspires to learn how to play piano one day, even I would know how a Roland V-piano looks like, and some of its nuances. Lurking in this forum in the past months, I have learned much from all of you, my friends, experienced pianists and keyboarders alike. And among them, Hideki, your postings invariably have been informative and knowledgeable. There is no way you could have made this purchase as an inadvertent mistake, an mistake that even I could not have made.

Thank you for clowning around in an effort to entertain us all on a hot summer day.

Ok. Well if you you are going to call me out like that, I must admit I haven't stopped laughing. I figured my thread title would peak some interest, but that my first post would immediately be recognized as an attempt at keyboard humor. I understand where some may not have seen that, but I assumed by the the second post, when I cast blame on my father and the everlasting stigma of the gift of Bee Gees, and Bennevis for misleading me with his V-power, my intentions would be clear. I threw in my flute savant child and the wise teachings of Cesar Millan for good measure. Andy Kaufman was for the old timers like me... 41 is old timer here, unlike the Piano Forum.

I did do a trade involving my CP1 for the V-synth and it wasn't a mistake. As my signature indicates, I'm pretty set in the piano department and I happen to enjoy other keyboard instruments.

Thanks for the laugh guys.

Last edited by Hideki Matsui; 06/25/11 04:08 PM.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
A
A
Originally Posted by Hideki Matsui
Originally Posted by YoungH

Ok. Well if you you are going to call me out like that, I must admit I haven't stopped laughing. I figured my thread title would peak some interest, but that my first post would immediately be recognized as an attempt at keyboard humor. I understand where some may not have seen that, but I assumed by the the second post, when I cast blame on my father and the everlasting stigma of the gift of Bee Gees, and Bennevis for misleading me with his V-power, my intentions would be clear. I threw in my flute savant child and the wise teachings of Cesar Millan for good measure. Andy Kaufman was for the old timers like me... 41 is old timer here, unlike the Piano Forum.

I did do a trade involving my CP1 for the V-synth and it wasn't a mistake. As my signature indicates, I'm pretty set in the piano department and I happen to enjoy other keyboard instruments.

Thanks for the laugh guys.

Lol, well done. wink

Nord Stage 2, Nord Lead 4, Rhodes MkII, Yamaha MOX6, Novation SL MkII
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
I assumed V was for Virtual and GT stands for Grand Touch. So this instrument should't disappoint at all ! It's obviously offering everything that it says; just close your eyes, enter the virtual experience and enjoy the grand touch. That's all it takes (you can even 'feel' the missing 27 keys in the virtual world this synth offers; great job Roland - I'll trade in my stage as well now that I've seen this !)

J

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Hai Guyz! LOL !!!!!

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
B
B
Originally Posted by Hideki Matsui
....., when I cast blame on my father and the everlasting stigma of the gift of Bee Gees, and Bennevis for misleading me with his V-power, my intentions would be clear.

Hey! I can only talk about the V-Power, er, V-Piano because that's all I've got. Nothing came before it and probably nothing will come after it.... cry. Of course, if someone was to gift me with a good acoustic grand (like the one opposite your V-thing), I wouldn't say no (and I'd promise not to refer to my V-Piano as V-Power ever again) grin.

If music be the food of love, play on!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission