2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (beeboss, Animisha, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,277 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1701093 06/24/11 09:26 AM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S

Saul #1701231 06/24/11 01:16 PM
S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
Very pretty with some interesting harmonic turns. However, I'm still listening and I couldn't hum the melody to you. Also, the piece is half over before there's any significant textural change. The second half is a bit more interesting than the first. Good luck.

Steve Chandler
composer/amateur pianist

stevechandler-music.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/pantonality
http://www.youtube.com/pantonality
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Thanks for your comments, Steve, glad you enjoyed the work.

Saul #1716465 07/19/11 02:40 PM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Enchanting and lyrical, thanks for creating music for the pleasure of people to enjoy without asking anything in return, that is so nice of you.

Beautiful music.

Last edited by Saul; 07/19/11 02:40 PM.
Saul #1716482 07/19/11 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Saul
Enchanting and lyrical, thanks for creating music for the pleasure of people to enjoy without asking anything in return, that is so nice of you.

Beautiful music.

lol

did you try and create an alt and compliment your music but accidentally use your main name ? lol

BadOrange #1716506 07/19/11 03:34 PM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
I take criticism from those who can also generate a good word or 2, with genuine feeling and sincerity, and are not trying to elevate themselves at my expense.

That was the point of this self-complements, I’m sure you understood what I was trying to do one way or another…

Saul #1716511 07/19/11 03:42 PM
nope.Seems rather strange, narcissistic and comical to praise your own work. I won't bother with feedback as you've made it quite clear you are not looking for anything but praise in the other threads. I also thought your private messages telling me to go **** myself odd and unwarranted and I somewhat think you have some issues I am not privy to that might explain your extremely aggressive and abusive behaviour . Hope you you find the help you need.

BadOrange #1716517 07/19/11 03:48 PM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by BadOrange
nope.Seems rather strange, narcissistic and comical to praise your own work. I won't bother with feedback as you've made it quite clear you are not looking for anything but praise in the other threads. I also thought your private messages telling me to go **** myself odd and unwarranted and I somewhat think you have some issues I am not privy to that might explain your extremely aggressive and abusive behaviour . Hope you you find the help you need.

Look who's talking, you're the one that has issues, may you find the help you need.

You have a history of attacking me and my music, so don’t pretend that you just don't know what's going on...

I don't look for praise, but for genuine feeling.

I wont accept criticism from those who make it without real and truthful sincerity.

If you want the last word, go ahead and have it…

Saul #1716519 07/19/11 03:48 PM
M
M
So, are the self-compliments intended as demonstrations of the kind of feedback you're looking for? Am I understanding that correctly?

Saul #1716520 07/19/11 03:50 PM
M
M

I wont accept criticism from those who make it without real and truthful sincerity.

How do you tell the difference between sincere criticism and insincere criticism?

Mirior #1716522 07/19/11 03:52 PM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Mirior
So, are the self-compliments intended as demonstrations of the kind of feedback you're looking for? Am I understanding that correctly?

No, but the complete utter lacking of any good and nice comments on my music. Good words can be so nice too you know?
And when complements are generated when they are truly deserving instead of complete silence, then the criticism may be considered genuine.

But just opening your mouth and trying to find black holes in people's music, that my friend is not the friendly attitude that creates mutual respect and friendships. And real friends later on can accept criticism in good faith, because they know that everyone really means well.

Last edited by Saul; 07/19/11 03:53 PM.
Saul #1716524 07/19/11 03:52 PM
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
It is a nice piece but you need to handle input a little more gracefully, and your posts in this thread do come of as narcissistic.

Acoustic: Yamaha C6 with AdSilent
Digital: Yamaha N3X, Kawai VPC1 with Pianoteq
Saul #1716526 07/19/11 03:53 PM

Look who's talking, you're the one that has issues, may you find the help you need.

You have a history of attacking me and my music, so don’t pretend that you just don't know what's going on...

You seem to take constructive criticism as person attacks and it is unfortunate you are not able to let go of your ego and learn, I think this is a very stressful way to look at things. I've never attacked you and actually voiced my criticism in quite a respectful manner, If I say anything rude, it is always after you bounce back with some character attack which you initiate. Even then , what you consider rude is just a reality check to hopefully let reality sink in. Your ego does not match your skill. You are the only one being harmed. I don't know how to illustrate the self sabotage you constantly exhibit. It isn't helping you but as I said, the anger you've shown in those messages to me outline a problem that extends past a piano forum.

I still don't understand what I did to warrant the slew of abusive private messages you sent me. You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder.

Last edited by BadOrange; 07/19/11 03:56 PM.
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by AlphaTerminus
It is a nice piece but you need to handle input a little more gracefully, and your posts in this thread do come of as narcissistic.

My objection is with 'saying nothing nice' when necessary, and only looking at black holes and then jumping up and saying :"you see"?

I don’t want people just to look at what's bad about my music, but also what's good about it...

BadOrange #1716528 07/19/11 03:56 PM
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Bad Orange:

I wouldn't mess with this dude, he may make us an offer we can't refuse:

http://www.musicalpaintings.net/

Just kidding Saul, your picture looks intimidating.

You are extremely talented. Be secure in that knowledge and lighten up.

Acoustic: Yamaha C6 with AdSilent
Digital: Yamaha N3X, Kawai VPC1 with Pianoteq
BadOrange #1716533 07/19/11 03:58 PM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S

You seem to take constructive criticism as person attacks and it is unfortunate you are not able to let go of your ego and learn, I think this is a very stressful way to look at things. I've never attacked you and actually voiced my criticism in quite a respectful manner, If I say anything rude, it is always after you bounce back with some character attack which you initiate.

I still don't understand what I did to warrant the slew of abusive private messages you sent me. You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder.

Yea, you were banned for no reason...poor thing, you have done nothing wrong... yawn

Saul #1716534 07/19/11 03:58 PM
M
M
Ah, I see. I agree with you that people shouldn't keep silent about things they like and just point out things they don't like, but what about people who sincerely don't find anything they like in your music? Are they not allowed to comment at all?

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by AlphaTerminus
Bad Orange:

I wouldn't mess with this dude, he may make us an offer we can't refuse:

http://www.musicalpaintings.net/

Just kidding Saul, your picture looks intimidating.

You are extremely talented. Be secure in that knowledge and lighten up.

LOL ha

Saul #1716543 07/19/11 04:07 PM
I think you have enough on your plate. Not sure why I was banned and I received quite a few messages voicing the odd action taken by the moderators but why worry about the past. The fact is that you receive constructive criticism but you would rather hear things that offer nothing but ego stroking. The examples of criticism you claim to desire is not really criticism at all. It is ego stroking and i'm sorry I can't offer that. I wish there was something positive to say about your music but it is extremely juvenile, immature and cliche and as such, I try my best to give you a few ideas on how to improve. I did thank you for posting. Not sure what else you expect. Would you like me to just lie in the future so that you take the real criticism with some level of interest ?

Last edited by BadOrange; 07/19/11 04:10 PM.
Mirior #1716545 07/19/11 04:08 PM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Mirior
but what about people who sincerely don't find anything they like in your music? Are they not allowed to comment at all?

I dont want to hear a word from them. If you hate my music send me hatemail, but dont disturb my thread...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission