2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
40 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,179 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1700335 06/23/11 05:07 AM
C
clayts Offline OP
OP Offline
C
( always) ( always)( always)play with both hands, don't try to separate them.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks, clayts, thats the tip I was waiting for.
I always play with both hands.
I am glad I have two hands.
Once, when I had a motorcycle accident, one hand was bandaged up.
I nearly played with just one hand, but instead, I ripped the bandages open so my fingers were poking out, one was bleeding a little bit, but I still played with both hands.

Did I do Right?
This is magic advice thanks. I want to be much better than I am, I want to be master piano player. I try hard.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
I am trying to learn a this piece, but seem to have a lot of difficulty with it, I'm sure your tips will help me master this some day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiDLBd3Rx90

In all seriousness though, not only do I disagree completely with this particular tip, I see no reason why you should make a new thread for each and every tip.
Please consider sticking them all in one thread if you absolutely do feel the need to post them.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Student/apprentice technician
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Was about to try the Ravel Concerto for Left Hand. How do I use both hands for it?

Steinway 1905 model A, rebuild started 2008, completed 2012
Yahama CVP-401
Will somone get my wife off the Steinway so I can play it!
N
N
yawn cry laugh cool

I may not play very well, but my heart is there!!!!!!
C
clayts Offline OP
OP Offline
C
playing the piano with only one hand it will take you twice as long to do anything this is obvious to anyone with more than a few brain cells as one hand can play ten notes but both hands will be able to play 20 notes in the same time so 20 is twice as many as 10 so you will be learning twice as fast so please stop going about with blinkers on and saying that nothing works because a lot of things will work so i will be playing the moonight song soon and i will post it for you on the forum so as i have finished the 2 book and now will be starting the 3 book very soon playing the correct way with both hands when you press the buttons on your computer do you use both hands yes you do as only using one hand would be silly so it is the same on the piano keys one hand does one thing thing in the same time as 2 hands do 2 things so by doing 2 things we learn twice as quick as doing 1 thing which is obvious its not rocket science

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
I disagree. I find playing hands separately allows each hand to learn its part in a way that is difficult to do when playing hands together. I would never avoid playing hands separately. I think it's a valuable tool in learning a piece. I think the coordination involved in being able to play both hands separately and together is important, rather than only being able to play hands together. If you only play hands together, without allowing each hand to play hands separately, in a way you are shortcircuiting independence of hands because you're only learning the piece as one interlocked mesh rather than as two coordinated but separate lines.

Piano Career Academy - Ilinca Vartic teaches the Russian school of piano playing
Musical-U - guidance for increasing musicality
Theta Music Trainer - fun ear training games
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by clayts
playing the piano with only one hand it will take you twice as long to do anything this is obvious to anyone with more than a few brain cells as one hand can play ten notes but both hands will be able to play 20 notes in the same time so 20 is twice as many as 10 so you will be learning twice as fast so please stop going about with blinkers on and saying that nothing works because a lot of things will work so i will be playing the moonight song soon and i will post it for you on the forum so as i have finished the 2 book and now will be starting the 3 book very soon playing the correct way with both hands when you press the buttons on your computer do you use both hands yes you do as only using one hand would be silly so it is the same on the piano keys one hand does one thing thing in the same time as 2 hands do 2 things so by doing 2 things we learn twice as quick as doing 1 thing which is obvious its not rocket science

yeah thats right. and if you play it through at double speed you will also learn it twice as fast.

C
clayts Offline OP
OP Offline
C
EH?

C
clayts Offline OP
OP Offline
C
piano tip number 9 10 11 12 13 14 and the final tip 15 is the most important piano tip of all time on this planet earth and the final last tip that i will post is THE SLOWER YOU PLAY THE FASTER YOU LEARN anyway bye bye i am going on to the pianist corner cos theres to many silly effers on here

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
beeboss: I think you have clayts' measure..................

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by beeboss
yeah thats right. and if you play it through at double speed you will also learn it twice as fast.

We have a new master!

Get lost clayts, we're gonna study under this guy now.

Last edited by Sparky McBiff; 06/23/11 12:21 PM.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission