2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, 10 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Originally Posted by bluebilly
-
After much trying and listening I've presently settled for the following settings: Piano = 1/3 (Mellow), Reverb = Stage, the rest of the settings I've left at makers default. I'm still amazed at how great this piano sounds, it makes me want to keep playing so my playing is improving rapidly.
-

My two favourites are Piano 1-2 Mellow Grand and Piano 2-2 Studio Grand2. Sometimes the Mellow is too mellow for the piece and the Studio is too 'sharp' (not sure of the adjective to use, maybe also 'attack') for the piece; then there is the fun of layering them on top of each other and varying the degree of mellow or sharpness that comes through. Sorry for the poor descriptions, you can tell I don't have a musical background and the ageing ears aren't too clear any more either. But as bluebilly says this is a great DP and the sounds and music it can make are fantastic.

Edit to add I've just discovered you can save the selected layering of sounds. That's really good.

spanishbudda, I haven't sat and studied the users instructions too much yet, I've been busy playing, but where do I look to discover how to layer sounds?
-

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
bluebilly, it's deceptively easy, to get started just hold down two voice buttons at the same time and release, and they should both be selected (light on). The balance slider then affects the proportion or weighting of each voice coming through. Slightly trickier to then scroll through the different sub-voices (like piano 1-2-3-4, etc) but subsequent clicks of the button (whilst holding down the other one you want to remain) scrolls through it. Sounds tricky but 30 seconds fiddling and you should get it.

Last edited by spanishbuddha; 09/13/10 11:53 AM.
A
A
[Linked Image]

Here's my new sweetheart CN-33, just got it pre-assembled last weekend and haven't slept since then.

Thank you everybody on this forum for providing insightful advice and opinions! They helped enormously when I was comparing the digital pianos and trying to choose the right one for me. And I'm sure I made the right choice!

I could never have guessed though that this strict piano-purist would one day turn into a happy owner of a great DP. Life is surprising. wink

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Way to go Amajor! Congratulations. Stay in touch too.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
bluebilly, it's deceptively easy, to get started just hold down two voice buttons at the same time and release, and they should both be selected (light on). The balance slider then affects the proportion or weighting of each voice coming through. Slightly trickier to then scroll through the different sub-voices (like piano 1-2-3-4, etc) but subsequent clicks of the button (whilst holding down the other one you want to remain) scrolls through it. Sounds tricky but 30 seconds fiddling and you should get it.

Thanks spanishbudda, I found it on page 13 of the owners manual "Dual Mode".
-

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Congrats on your new DP Amajor - it looks really great!

Which headphones are you using there, by the way?

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
D
D
Hi Amajor:-)
I'm glad to hear you like your new DP. I really thimk you got the right choise to buy it.
I'm also very happy about my cn 33.
Greetings

carpe diem
H
H
Hello,
From past one month or so I've been visiting this forum and watching all sort of advice, interest and suggestion about various brands and models of pianos.
A huge thank you for all you guys for providing valuable suggestion and sharing your experience.

Coming to myself & my experience:
I am total newbie and wanted to buy piano for my daughter who is in grade two and has passion about music and very much interested to go up to grade 8 ?!.
However, I myself very keen to learn piano and to start learning musical instrument hence had to do lot of research and experiment to buy reasonably good piano under by budget.

To start with I had short listed Yamaha only models CLP320 and CLP330. Went to shop along with my daughter to test. Liked both of them very much and he introduced me to CLP340. Decided to buy that one. Came back home to do final research and check reviews about Yamaha CLP340. Everything went positive but stumbled upon this website and forum. Made me to think about Kawai.
Went back to showroom and sat with Kawai models CN32, CN42. Loved it, simply loved it. CN42 was the winner in all respect. Did search this forum found some very good suggestions and experience about these models.Also got introduced to CN33 hurray!. Spent lot of time is reading all your suggestions finally got hooked onto CN33 and guess what order one from Thomman Cyberstore. Got delivered and assembled with the help of friend.
OH! God, believe me just loving it!, I am newbie No clue about Major, Minor but listening to my daughter playing is absolute delight! Sound is good, keyboard touch is excellent, able to connect to Mac and play few things. I have nothing but positive comments about this little DP piano. Got myself Alfred's Adult piano book and started seriously learning piano.

Enough of my rambling. I want to upload picture of my CN33 DP but not sure how to. I will learn little about it and will try and upload ASAP.

Once again thank you all very much for your help, suggestions and advice in this forum are very valuable and is much appreciated.

I will keep visiting and sharing my experience with kawai CN33 in this forum.

with Best Regards
Sanjeev Hiremath

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Welcome to the forums Sanjeev.

Also glad we were all able to help you choose the Kawai CN33, and you and your daughter like it so much. It is an excellent DP in its class. I look forward to seeing a photo sometime, as I'm sure the rest of us do.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by hiremathsc
I want to upload picture of my CN33 DP but not sure how to. I will learn little about it and will try and upload ASAP.

Use this link to upload your picture(s):

http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/fileuploader2.html

You'll get an email for each one with a link to it, which you can paste into your post here.

A
A
James, I knew nothing about headphones before but I read online that Sennheisers would be a good choice. Many people seemed to be happy even with the basic HD201 model so I ordered those (just under $20 from Amazon). Luckily it was a good choice not only for the wallet but for the ears too.

It might be that I'll upgrade the headphones at some point but at least now I'm quite satisfied.

Hello Sanjeev, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new piano.

Thank you for sharing your experiences of searching for a new DP too. I shall look forwarding to seeing a photo of the CN33 in your home shortly. wink

Cheers,
James
x

H
H
Hi All,
Below are the pictures of my sweet kawai CN33.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Special thanks to people who is maintaining this forum and to members "kawai James" "spanishbuddha", "bluebilly" for there valuable suggestions, advices and guidance in deciding to buy this DP.

Regards
Sanjeev Hiremath

Great pics Sanjeev - lovely depth of field on the second to last shot too. wink

Cheers,
James
x

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Wow great photo's Sanjeev. James should hire you too, along with Mawima, for the Kawai brochures. smile

C
C
I just found this thread and I'm happy to see some CN-33 owners. I'm debating between the Yamaha CLP-340 & the CN-33. I played both for an hour in the store, switching back and forth many times. Here's what I noticed:

The kawai's action seemed better to me. More resistance going down and the keys don't thump up so hard. on the yamaha they snap up so fast it bounces up & down. i thought the yamaha was very "thumpy". I'm a beginner on piano but I've been playing a real upright for 6 months now so I'm not used to DP keys.

Now I had two issues, and this may just be me.

First - I found it difficult to play middle volume. I could play soft or loud but it was hard to get in between while playing. Several times I'd hit a note too hard and it'd be too loud. Perhaps this is adjustable? The salesman didn't know anything about it really. I heard someone saying it has a touch. I think I should read the owner's manual and go back there. On the yamaha I didn't notice this issue. Maybe I just need to get used to the CN-33?

Second - CN-33 sounded more like a real piano to me but the attack seemed pretty hard & aggressive. Not sure how else to describe it. Can this be adjusted too? I tried some of the other variations of the piano but didn't have time to continue investigating this. The demo sounds beautiful. I wonder if it was recorded on the CN-33 or if it's a MIDI from another instrument they play?

These are the only two "issues" I had (and didn't notice on the Yamaha). Otherwise I prefer the CN-33.

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
See the other thread where there are some replies.

Y
Y
Hi all, and sorry for my bad english blush (i'm french). I would like buy this DP but I want it in the same color of hiremathsc (the photos are in the quote). Is it in "Premium Rosewood"? So is it the "Kawai CN33 R"? Please help me !

Thanks smile

Originally Posted by hiremathsc
Hi All,
Below are the pictures of my sweet kawai CN33.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Special thanks to people who is maintaining this forum and to members "kawai James" "spanishbuddha", "bluebilly" for there valuable suggestions, advices and guidance in deciding to buy this DP.

Regards
Sanjeev Hiremath

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by YukiPianist
Hi all, and sorry for my bad english blush (i'm french). I would like buy this DP but I want it in the same color of hiremathsc (the photos are in the quote). Is it in "Premium Rosewood"? So is it the "Kawai CN33 R"? Please help me !

Thanks smile

That looks like the Rosewood finish AFAICT from the photo. The finish is often designated on an order number by a suffix to the model, such as CN33 R for Rosewood, or M for Mahogonay or SB for Satin Black,

Y
Y
Yes but is because in the picture :
http://www.thomann.de/gb/kawai_cn_33_r_set.htm

it's more light brown than rosewood.

Last edited by YukiPianist; 12/10/10 04:24 PM.
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission