2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, 8 invisible), 1,163 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
I hope some will have a little extra time to spend in Vienna before leaving. There is so so much more to do for those that do. There is an impossibly long list of museums:

http://www.wien.gv.at/ma53/museen/museen.htm

Also music venues, parks, and lots of possible excursions less than an hour away easily by public transport.

By the way, there is a Mozart haus in Vienna too, where he lived during his financially better times. It is in the city center near to the Stephans cathedral.

Here's a link to the technical museum:

http://www.tmw.at/

And for Schoenbrunn palace:

http://www.schoenbrunn.at/en/home.html

Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Arrghh, so much to see, so little time.

Kathy and I have to start our adventure on 30 May, which means by the time we return to Florida in the U.S. we will have been away almost three weeks.

I have a business to run, and Kathy has a job.
Otherwise I can assure you we would love to be able to spend more time in Germany and Austria (Italy and Greece are definitely on our bucket list too).

Thanks for the the links and info tnew, I believe a few people are in fact staying extra days.

And I've no doubt we will be back, when finances allow.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

Originally Posted by Piano World
Originally Posted by Jan Oliver
Hi Frank,

only a few more days...! I wanted to catch up with you on our earlier posts from last year. Coming from nearby Aachen, I would love to join you on Tue Jun 7 for the Cologne evening event with Robin, maybe also for the Cathedral visit. What time do you expect these to be? And do you have an idea if you'd like to include the tour of the House Of Music in Vienna that I offered to help coordinate, with its interactive exhibit to conduct the Vienna Philharmonic?

Best,

- Jan

Hi Jan,

I wish we could visit the House of Music in Vienna, but I believe our schedules are too tight. Here is the Cologne/Bonn scheduling, followed by our Salzburg/Vienna schedule.

7 June
07:00h depart for long distance transfer to Cologne
13:45h estimate arrival time
14:00h WDR Tour (contact Hans Giese) - Westdeutscher Rundfunk
Funkhaus am Wallrafplatz, Eingang: Pilzbau
An Der Rechtschule 3, 50667 Cologne, Germany

15:30h guided visit to Cologne Cathedral (duration about 1 hour)
17:00h continue to the city of Bonn
18:00h estimate time of arrival – check in
19:00h dinner at hotel

8 June
10:00h pre-booked guided visit to Beethoven museum (duration 45 minutes)
Balance of the morning at leisure
14:30h departure from hotel to Schlosshotel Lerbach -about 50 minutes drive
Adress: Lerbacher Weg, 51465 Bergisch Gladbach,
17:30h drive back to Bonn
18:30h dinner at hotel

Hi Frank,

thanks for the travel details! I won't make it to Vienna, but I will meet up with you all in Cologne on the 7th at 2pm at the WDR tour entrance you mention then. I would love to join you folks on Tue and Wed in Cologne/Bonn, including Robin's concert of course. (I'm already on her asparagus book and will make sure to bring both books along for signing!)

As a local (and without jetlag) ;), I hope I can make myself useful. And of course I'll be perfectly happy to pay my share towards any expenses.

One slight catch: I just wanted to book those two nights at the Rheinhotel Dreesen in Bonn where you are staying, but they said they're sold out. Looks like there's a climate summit going on. Do you still have any room contingencies at the hotel? I'd just need a single room for the same two nights as you guys.

Have a safe trip, and looking forward to meeting everybody!

- Jan

Yamaha YUS-5 SG; Roland V-Piano; Roland RD-800; Kurzweil RG-200; 1884 Bechstein upright
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Piano World
Hi Frank,

only a few more days...! I wanted to catch up with you on our earlier posts from last year. Coming from nearby Aachen, I would love to join you on Tue Jun 7 for the Cologne evening event with Robin, maybe also for the Cathedral visit. What time do you expect these to be? And do you have an idea if you'd like to include the tour of the House Of Music in Vienna that I offered to help coordinate, with its interactive exhibit to conduct the Vienna Philharmonic?

Best,

- Jan

Hi Jan,

I wish we could visit the House of Music in Vienna, but I believe our schedules are too tight. Here is the Cologne/Bonn scheduling, followed by our Salzburg/Vienna schedule.

7 June
07:00h depart for long distance transfer to Cologne
13:45h estimate arrival time
14:00h WDR Tour (contact Hans Giese) - Westdeutscher Rundfunk
Funkhaus am Wallrafplatz, Eingang: Pilzbau
An Der Rechtschule 3, 50667 Cologne, Germany

15:30h guided visit to Cologne Cathedral (duration about 1 hour)
17:00h continue to the city of Bonn
18:00h estimate time of arrival – check in
19:00h dinner at hotel

8 June
10:00h pre-booked guided visit to Beethoven museum (duration 45 minutes)
Balance of the morning at leisure
14:30h departure from hotel to Schlosshotel Lerbach -about 50 minutes drive
Adress: Lerbacher Weg, 51465 Bergisch Gladbach,
17:30h drive back to Bonn
18:30h dinner at hotel

Hi Frank,

thanks for the travel details! I won't make it to Vienna, but I will meet up with you all in Cologne on the 7th at 2pm at the WDR tour entrance you mention then. I would love to join you folks on Tue and Wed in Cologne/Bonn, including Robin's concert of course. (I'm already on her asparagus book and will make sure to bring both books along for signing!)

As a local (and without jetlag) ;), I hope I can make myself useful. And of course I'll be perfectly happy to pay my share towards any expenses.

One slight catch: I just wanted to book those two nights at the Rheinhotel Dreesen in Bonn where you are staying, but they said they're sold out. Looks like there's a climate summit going on. Do you still have any room contingencies at the hotel? I'd just need a single room for the same two nights as you guys.

Have a safe trip, and looking forward to meeting everybody!

- Jan

Hi Jan,

Best bet would be to contact our travel agency rep, Elle. elle@hillstravel.com

Kathy and I are already starting our adventure, which means I'll have limited Internet access for a while.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

I wish everyone a great time on this trip!

Be sure to bring a rain jacket because there can be some passing thunderstorms with high winds, though it has been pretty dry for this time of year so far. And the temperatures are varying quite a bit at the moment, anywhere from the 80s F to 60s F.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Re the e-coli infection in Germany - Probably others more familiar with the situation than I, but I am currently in England staying with my daughter's family which includes my German son-in-law. He follows it closely because his parents still live there.

Basically you should not eat any raw vegetables until the source of the infection is confirmed. Thought to be cucumbers from Spain but not certain. Also has not shown up elsewhere (with rare exception) reason unkniown. I'm sure we'll hear more, but if you are arriving early be cautious. A SERIOUS STRAIN WHICH HAS CAUSED NUMEROUS DEATHS!

Steinway 1905 model A, rebuild started 2008, completed 2012
Yahama CVP-401
Will somone get my wife off the Steinway so I can play it!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

BON VOYAGE to all PW travelers. Hope you have great weather, I know you will enjoy the tour.

Let us know all about your trip when you get back - wish I could be with you, I'll be with you in spirit. smile

Last edited by musdan; 06/02/11 09:02 PM.

Hi Jan,

Best bet would be to contact our travel agency rep, Elle. elle@hillstravel.com

Kathy and I are already starting our adventure, which means I'll have limited Internet access for a while.

Hi Frank,

thanks - I already contacted Elle, paid my share via bank transfer, and will see you Tue at 2pm at the WDR entrance. I'll be there early, just call or SMS me if there's any change of plans. My cell is . I really hope joining you in Lerbach works out too - looking forward to meeting Robin!

Enjoy Hamburg!

- Jan

Last edited by Piano World; 06/05/11 04:53 AM. Reason: removed phone number

Yamaha YUS-5 SG; Roland V-Piano; Roland RD-800; Kurzweil RG-200; 1884 Bechstein upright
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission