2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (AlkansBookcase, AndyOnThePiano2, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, 10 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 75 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 74 75
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
welcome Waltz...book 3 really moves you to the next level...enjoy!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Mark... Are you currently on Book 3 or have you already finish it?

I haven't had time to read much of this thread yet. I only skimmed the posts on the last page. I have a lot of catching up to do, and I plan on reading this entire thread, from page 1, in the next few days. Thanks again for the welcome smile

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Undone
In honor of our newest Book 3 cohort Nancy and our soon to be newest cohort Waltz, I humbly submit my “its time to move on already” recording of A Very Special Day:

http://www.box.net/shared/ku9epotq7f

Undone

Undone - good job on "Day" - well played.

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Waltz
Hi everyone,

I guess I'm the newest member of the Book 3 thread smile . My name is Waltz and I just finished Book 2 and I'm now completely on Book 3.

I'm excited to be here now, and look forward to meeting those I don't know.

Waltz - welcome! Nice to have you here.

If you bump this thread once a day it may crash - it's not used to that! grin

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks JF, It's really nice to be here!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by John Frank
Undone - good job on "Day" - well played.

Regards, JF

Thanks JF – this was another one (of the many) Alfred pieces where I started out thinking “Okay, this isn’t going to be anything ‘special’” and then wound up really liking it and wanted to keep working on it. After getting the above recording I had to convince myself that “That’s good enough for now, time to move on to the next piece” which just so happens to be “A Classy Rag” – another challenging number (at least I’m finding it challenging at this point).

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Welcome aboard Waltz!

[Linked Image]
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
I'm still in the back working the ambitious stuff as well as my favorite Prelude in D. I've moved to some intermediate books but still in book 3 too...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thank Undone and Mark... for the replies.

Calypso Rhumba:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p43-gHGBlqo

I'm working on Fandango now, which I really like. Nothing of yet has been too challenging, but I'm sure that's going to change soon. I still have lots of catching up to do with this thread.

[Linked Image]
N
N

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryVLn572Rvc

Anyway, I recorded Canon in D twice, the second time being my recital piece. I had

I just had a chance to watch this - and you did wonderfully! I think you slowed it down in this second version just enough. Nice job and great recital piece. I spent 40 mins this morning working on my Canon in D (The Coates version); but don't know if it'll be recital ready by next week.

Just curious - what did you use to record the video and sound for you tube? i have a camera that can take video; but I don't know how the sound quality would come out.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Nancy smile !

I use the camcorder's audio for the sound, I don't have an external mic or anything like that. My camera is a sony, and it's fairly new, and when I bought it, it was "in the middle" as far as quality is concerned. So obviously the sound/video isn't the best, plus I generally compress the files to between 15-25 mb, so they'll upload nicely.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
nancy w - just a little note to let you know that I answered two questions you asked in separate posts above (since you haven't responded to either answer I'm assuming you missed them and I wanted to draw your attention to them).

Regards, JF

N
N
I did see your messages. I read the new posts by watching the thread and it emails me the new posts when there's an update, but don't always get a chance to reply.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome - I'll have to get to work on my Super Special song which is the first one in the book.

Waltz – nice job on your first two book 3 pieces. I look forward to being able to listen to your recordings of the pieces I’m beginning to work on. smile

Undone

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Waltz – nice job on your first two book 3 pieces. I look forward to being able to listen to your recordings of the pieces I’m beginning to work on. smile

Undone

Thanks Undone! Haha, by what I've read on the first ten pages of the thread, I'll probably be slowing down "big time" soon. On which piece/page are you working?

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Undone

Thanks Undone! Haha, by what I've read on the first ten pages of the thread, I'll probably be slowing down "big time" soon. On which piece/page are you working?

Well to jump in and steal Undone's thunder (never of course) I'm hitting "A Very Special Day" this week. It's a very nice piece (unlike it's previous ones) and I'm prob going to be here for a good 2-3wks..

thumb
SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
Very nice playing everyone! I'm only starting Book 1 but I love hearing everyone's recordings of the more advanced pieces. Keep up the good work!

PS

Last edited by PeggySue; 08/09/09 12:03 PM.

When you are aspiring to the highest place it is honorable to reach the second or third rank. Cicero
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Well, since you asked PS, here's my version of "An American Hymn", which is in the new key of A Major and is the first piece in Section 2 of Book 3.

This piece is much more commonly called "Shall We Gather at the River" (after the first line of the first verse) and was written way back in 1864 by Robert Lowry.

The Book's arrangement is nice, but I've enhanced it a bit by adding (1) and "intro" based on the last phrase (a very common technique) and (2) insertng a D.S. al Fine at the end of measure 16, which jumps back to the start of the chorus at measure 9.

These same techniques can be used often to spice up many of the study pieces found in any number of methods and songbooks.

Enjoy!

An American Hymn

Regards, JF

Last edited by John Frank; 08/09/09 12:37 PM.

Very nicely played JF. It’s great to get a glimpse of where we’re headed. This piece certainly does have a lot going on behind the melody.

Undone

[Linked Image]

Undone

Waltz – I’m currently working on A Classy Rag. This is another one that is going to take some time to get through.

Undone

[Linked Image]
Page 35 of 75 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 74 75

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission