2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (benkeys, 1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 10 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1669806 05/02/11 12:48 AM
B
boo1234 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
B
shocked

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
It will be very interesting to see and hear what the next few months are going to be like now that he has been taken out.

The implications of what has happened today may impact all of us in ways we have never thought about before.

This is huge on so many levels. You think the royal wedding caused a stir... Get ready for more... Potentially.

Nord Grand, Kawai MP11 (v1), iMac 2017, Yamaha HS8's, Sennheiser 650, Focusrite 2i4, Pianoteq 6.4.0, Steinway Model A, Mason and Hamlin Model AA, Piano Marvel: 3C

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
One of the first thoughts that passed through my mind was "Ok...well, he's gone, but I wonder what is followers will do?"

Scary thoughts.

One can only hope that with him out of the way there will be room for a voice of moderation to be heard.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

I'm sure that there are more whacko's where he came from......and quite a few right here in California!

Piano obsession started November 2010.
Ragtime Butcher
Kayserburg U123
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Quote from True Lies:

MALIK
Come on, child. Give me the key.
(smiling)
Don't you want to live? I give
you my word.

DANA
No way you whacko.

smile

Nord Grand, Kawai MP11 (v1), iMac 2017, Yamaha HS8's, Sennheiser 650, Focusrite 2i4, Pianoteq 6.4.0, Steinway Model A, Mason and Hamlin Model AA, Piano Marvel: 3C
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Meh, he's been dead for almost 10 years now, this is simply another complete piece of fiction from the usual lying suspects.
Much like the Jessica Lynch story or Pat Tillman story, both of which were proved to be complete fabrications by the usual lying military/industrial/intelligence psychopaths.
Bin Ladin had Marfan's disease and was suffering from kidney failure in 2001. He was visited in the American hospital in Dubai by an American CIA agent just a few months before 911 where he was being treated for kidney failure. Anybody who truly thinks that he's been able to avoid the American military (who could find a cockroach in a jungle) for all these years while constantly undergoing kidney dialysis really needs to get a grip on reality.
There's been many people in the know who have claimed over the years that Bin Ladin died at the end of 2001. These people include Benazir Bhutto, Madeline Albright,Oliver North amongst many others in government. There was even reports of his death in several Pakistani papers back then, of course none of this was reported in the West. The military/intelligence goons have been keeping Bin Ladin "alive" as the scary boogey man all these years simply in order to continue to sell the completely contrived "war on terror".
They'll release the "picture" of a shot Bin Ladin at about the same time they release the photos of whatever it was that hit the Pentagon. It ain't gonna happen.
It's all theatre.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Well spoken Sparky..
Heres one, compare and contrast what real wreckage looks like by googling "Lockerbie" for some reason, this wreckage never appeared at the site of the pentagon.
There is without doubt so much to be "gained" (in their minds) for a government to constantly keep its population living "in fear" Fear of Weapons of mass destruction" (Tony Blair is still unrepentent and claims they will still be found in Iraq! yeh righty oh then tony) Fear of Biohazard, fear of global warming, fear of a hole in the ozone layer, fear of bird flu, fear of a cosmic event such as a catastrophic asteroid strike. Fear fear and more fear, a pedophile on every corner, dont let your kids play out now will you, fear of being shot or raped walking out of your front door, dont go out, stay inside and be "safe". 1984 Orwellian style by default.

Keep folk in fear and you keep them supressed,they are in effect "your zombies"
As far as Terror goes, One thing at a time,
Lets take genocide. over 60 million indigenous "first nation " slaughtered, Apache, Sioux, Blackfoot,Cheyenne, Need I go on?
Torture; Guantanamo Bay....
Bio weapons:... Agent orange and Napalm in Vietnam.
And Nuclear weapons;, the only country that has ever used them, and not just once but twice, they were diferent types of bomb, so both needed to be tested.....
And who did all of the above, The good old Government of the USA....
The real "Terrorist" here might not be too hard to spot.
There is a glimmer of hope; even the Roman empire fell,
and in financial terms,the USA has had its time.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by Rostosky

There is without doubt so much to be "gained" (in their minds) for a government to constantly keep its population living "in fear" Fear of Weapons of mass destruction" (Tony Blair is still unrepentent and claims they will still be found in Iraq! yeh righty oh then tony)

I can't really comment on any of the things that have been said on this thead because, well, many of them don't seem to be coherent. But the above point is factually incorrect and, even though it might not be relevant, facts are important.

Tony Blair stopped claiming that 'weapons of mass destruction' were to be found in Iraq at least as long ago as 2004. That's seven years ago. In fact, he made a speech to the 2004 Labour Party Conference in which he apologised for being too willing to believe that such weapons would be found.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
"Too willing to believe" is not the same as admitting he was wrong and they will not be found. He has never admitted to being wrong or mistaken.
The "coherence" in the thread is this.
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of using nuclear weapons,
regardless of the Rights and wrongs of using bio weapons,
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of torture (guantanamo)
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of genocide (first nation)

You cannot do these things and then say on the world stage, we have done these things, You cant. ie we have nuclear weapons you cant. etc because that is hypocrisy.

The folk of the USA are in my opinion amongst some of the Kindest, most caring, charitable folk in the world.

Their government however, is dangerous and callous, forcing it's "Brand" of democracy upon the world. It's our way or no way. You are either with us or against us.
This in itself is the opposite to democracy.
True democracy recognises the rights of different folk to have different ways.

As an example, an innocent unarmed person in Pakistan was suddenly shot dead, their life taken away for no crime.
This was allegedly Bin Ladens son, Murdered by the USA government. Why? what had he done.
Even the most hideous of Natzis were afforded due process, the right of a trial, and many of them killed far more people than BIn laden was alleged to have done.

Stomping into foreiegn countries, committing murder and being judge and jury but with no trial is a dangerous prescedent.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
"Too willing to believe" is not the same as admitting he was wrong and they will not be found. He has never admitted to being wrong or mistaken.

Oh, for Heaven's sake .... smirk

Here is a direct quote from Mr Blair's submission to the Butler enquiry in 2004.

Originally Posted by TonyBlair

We expected, I expected, to find actual usable, chemical or biological weapons after we entered Iraq.

But I have to accept, as the months have passed, it seems increasingly clear that at the time of invasion, Saddam did not have stockpiles of chemical or biological weapons ready to deploy.

This information is on public record, for anybody who actually takes the trouble to find it and read it. There could hardly be a clearer admission that he was mistaken.

As I said, I don't want to get into a discussion about politics, but if you make a strong statement that contains a factual error, I feel I have to point it out so that others are not misled.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
"But I have to except" is again not the same as "I was wrong" "I was misinformed by the USA gov" "I am so sorry for taking this country to a war on a false premise"
"And in my mistaken stupidity I misled the house"
"I apologise for my mistake to the British electorate/public and to the wifes, children , mothers and fathers of those poor souls who are not alive today due to my arrogance"
"I am so sorry for spending millions of pounds of taxpayers money for nothing save making the world a much more dangerous place"

Culpability? Apology? He should be charged with war crimes.

K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
"But I have to except" is again not the same as "I was wrong" "I was misinformed by the USA gov"...

I suspect we are using the word 'wrong' differently. I'm pretty sure the Mr Blair admitted to being factually wrong. Whether he did, or ever will, agree that his actions were _ethically_ wrong is a different matter.

But what you actually wrote earlier was:

Tony Blair is still unrepentent and claims they will still be found in Iraq!

and that suggests to me that you were claiming that he is persisting in making a _factually_ incorrect claim. His own words do no support such an interpretation.

S
S
Bin Laden died on or about 2001. What do you meant by "implications"? what do you think they will be?

S
S
Semantics. What is "wrong" is that US/NATO/Israel imperialists have cuased the end of life of millions around the world at the behest of Finance Capital. It makes your nuanced discussion about Blair a little mute

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Never noticed this thread before.

Seeing some of the replies, all I can say is oy.

S
S
The United States/NATO/Israel use reactionary feudal elements around the world, including violent Islamists, including Al-Qaeda", which is merely a database of names used by the CIA, to achieve the aims of Monopoly Corporations and Finance Capital.

Those aims? To expand the domination of Finance Capital and State Monopoly Capitalist corporations. To keep the surplus value coming in for that fraction of 1% that own the means of production and to opress and exploit and discipline workers in the Imperialists countries like the US and to murder and maim innocents abroad so that they to can come into the fold of opressed workers enslaved to Monopoly Capital.

The US National Security State Apparatus will stop at nothing to achieve their evil aims. That includes using terrorists to destabalize innocent nations and demonize their leaders in order for companies like Microsoft to penetrate and appropriate their resources, labor, markets, minerals etc...... 9/11 did not need "terrorists" to be executed. The planes were remote control military planes operated by the US air-force. There was no "flight 93" and a missile hit the pentagon.

In Syria, the "Free Syrian Army" are nothing but terrorists, stooges of US/NATO/Israel Imperialism. The "FSA" are murdering, and sometimes violently so, innocent civilians like you and me. This "FSA" is armed and abetted by the US/NATO/Israel/Qatar so that they can demoralize the population. Those in power in the US use the bourgeois (corporate) media to convince people that it is Assad's soldiers and security forces who are doing the murdering. In reality Assad is defending himself and his people against such violence and Imperialism.

We as workers must unite with the working masses in Syria who overwhelmingly support Assad and their right to develop their industries for themselves, not for "democracy" which is a camouflage for "profit" for the ruling classes of the US and "oppression" for the toiling masses everywhere. The throngs of thousands in the center part of Damascus with which the US media has inculcated us were not protestors against Assad but were in reality supporters of Assad. They don't want to be bombed to shreds just like you and I don't want to be bombed to shreds.

Victory to Assad!!!
No to Imperialism!!!

Last edited by Scribbler; 12/30/12 03:01 PM.
B
B
Really in a piano forum....??

Double oy. smile

I just hope and trust that not too many people take all these posts seriously.

S
S
This is what the ruling Finance Capitalists and their government want: a politically passive, inert individual, subservient to and guided by the elite, and devoid of any ability to argue or think independently; such an individual is incapable of critically assessing the social processes going on around him; he dully absorbs the " intellectual standards" of bourgeois (monopoly capitalist) society and loses all individual characteristics of a humane and integral person. It behooves all of us to read about Marxist Leninism. Capitalism is war, poverty and oppression. Communism is peace, production and guaranteed jobs for all....communism is not an option, it is a necessity.

People that play the piano are working and exploited people too, whether in the US and abroad.

S
S
It's the best place for it. Capitalist or Bourgeois "Mass Culture" imposes on us an openly mercantile prevalence of the economic goals set by the dominant capitalist class over the individual’s intrinsic human needs, it implants a utilitarian consumerist ideology which serves to enrich the few at the top and impoverish the masses.

Hence the 1001 models of Yamaha pianos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission