2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, 3 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
W
W
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44U4...gzDQ&index=10&feature=plpp_video

You might want to get a proper piano stand. You just about killed your digital!! haha. Learn this word, dynamics.

I reckon even the lowest graded jazz players at juco could outplay you with their left hand.

W
W
I propose we lock you up in a room playing Thelonious Monk and Cecil Taylor 24/7. You'll be a reformed man in no time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP5L8tjnB6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMmeNsmQaFw&feature=related

R

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
R
Oh no... Rossy...have you fallen off the wagon again? Quick! Somebody check the basset hound for over medication! smile

Seriously... Music is an expression of the heart. Then with some it becomes a match with their nervous system. Also shows their heart. Same way with some jazz.
Now I find this jazz just plain hot....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NdJ...wX2w&index=45&feature=plpp_video

Last edited by rnaple; 09/07/12 03:06 AM.

Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
W
W
Words reveal the character and heart behind a person's intentions. For this guy to start a thread and write all this vitriol about jazz shows a deep angst. I doubt very much it is only jazz that gnaws at him, perhaps some childhood trauma or family issue has affected him and his only recourse is to lash out at jazz. It's pretty funny from my point of view.

A true musician never denigrates the art form. There are many musical styles I like and some I don't like. I don't go off pontificating on those which don't appeal to me. Why waste time on that when I could be listening and playing music I enjoy.

Professional or amateur, I highly doubt he's taken serious time to study, learn, teach, perform and share music with integrity. I personally would not trust or hire him for any of the above.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by WiZeM@N
Why are you wasting so much time writing, shouldn't you be practicing or playing.

Dude, you then went on to write another four posts without anybody else posting inbetween, This is exactly what jazz musicians do, they go on and on and on without anyone else getting a chance...

They too like the sound of their own solitary voices.

Quote Wizenedman again " I personally would not trust or hire him for any of the above."

Dude, you couldnt afford to. (And dont try offering me Euros again)

Last edited by Rostosky; 09/07/12 07:09 AM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
I just want to know who's going to start the thread titled
" Why do I hate disco? " ......

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

W
W
Originally Posted by Rostosky

Dude, you then went on to write another four posts without anybody else posting inbetween, This is exactly what jazz musicians do, they go on and on and on without anyone else getting a chance...

They too like the sound of their own solitary voices.

Quote Wizenedman again " I personally would not trust or hire him for any of the above."

Dude, you couldnt afford to. (And dont try offering me Euros again)

hey dude, take a look in the mirror. most of your single posts here are longer than my 4 posts combined!

Learn this word: brevity

You really have no clue about jazz, most players play in groups not solo.

My last performance cheque could no doubt easily cover your pedantic fee, but why bother when I got 10 year old students who play better than you and for free?

I heard they're looking for buskers again at Picadilly Circus, best put in an audition while you can. You might get lucky with a quid or two.

W
W
dang man with all the posts you have you could have written a bloody novel! problem is no one would buy it!

I think I hate your writing style like you hate jazz. It's so filled with incoherent ramblings that I just skip over everything. I'll put you on ignore eventually but for now I'm having too much fun ribbing you. =)

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by piano joy
I just want to know who's going to start the thread titled
" Why do I hate disco? " ......

Go for it PJ!! I'd be delighted to post my Kool and the Gang favorites! laugh

Carl

G
G
Gentlemen, PLEASE! A little ribbing and teasing is fine, I've certainly done my share here...but let's cool it with the personal attacks, shall we? Not that I think Rossy needs any help from me, but scrolling through post after post of personal attacks in what was previously a funny and light-hearted thread is getting tiresome.

I don't know if you clicked these links or not, Rossy...but I presume you haven't if your spleen is still intact. I recommend keeping your distance if you value your semi-useless internal organs.

I propose we lock you up in a room playing Thelonious Monk and Cecil Taylor 24/7. You'll be a reformed man in no time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP5L8tjnB6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMmeNsmQaFw&feature=related

E
E
dang man with all the posts you have you could have written a bloody novel! problem is no one would buy it!

I think I hate your writing style like you hate jazz. It's so filled with incoherent ramblings that I just skip over everything. I'll put you on ignore eventually but for now I'm having too much fun ribbing you. =)

Hear hear! I'm new here, but it only took reading one of R's posts to realize that he's a music elitist wanker. I don't even love jazz, but having my eyes fall upon the pretentious verbal masturbation of R is a fate I would not wish upon my worst enemies!

E
E
Of course you can't criticize dudes like this because they suck back the compensating e-attention and spit it back in the form of more verbal masturbation, which is why I'll be peacing now wink

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I'll put you on ignore eventually

You are absolutely correct, I did write a novel that nobody bought , the publishers said the problem was actually in the title though.

It was entitled, "wizeman,mentally abusing ten year old students with jazz related augmented 5th+13th's"

My next novel will have a better title, something like Piano joy suggested " Is disco brain dead or is it just unwise, man?"

I thought that a much cleverer title because you cant prove a negative.

Anyways, do not wait to put me on ignore, I Love being on folks ignore list, that way I get to see what they post , but they cannot see what I am posting, fantastic Idea.

So, if you hate jazz your an "elitist wanker?" excellent, much better than just being a common wanker I suppose.

allthough as I love every other genre of music apart from jazz I fail to see how that works.
(Bagpipes isnt music as I understand it)

Great to see you back Piano joy by the way, long time no hear.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by eNOTEquest
[quote=WiZeM@N]

Hear hear! I'm new here, but it only took reading one of R's posts to realize that he's a music elitist wanker. I don't even love jazz, but having my eyes fall upon the pretentious verbal masturbation of R is a fate I would not wish upon my worst enemies!

I learned a new phrase today. Wonder if I'll EVER be able to incorporate it into my lexicon.
I love this place....

(thanks for the welcome, Rossy...)

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

W
W
Originally Posted by eNOTEquest
Of course you can't criticize dudes like this because they suck back the compensating e-attention and spit it back in the form of more verbal masturbation, which is why I'll be peacing now wink

I couldn't have said it better myself eNOTEquest!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well, my arm's still too sore to play much, so guess I'll join in the discussion here.. I've tried two local jazz teachers over the years because I thought it might be fun and I do like some jazz, but they didn't last long. Both rolled their eyes at me right from the start and said my playing was too "cocktail style" and "you have to think like a jazz player, not cocktail player". I asked what do you mean, and he says my playing is too "flowery". I said "Well, what do you have against flowers"?! LOL That was the end of my lessons. I think maybe Chopin and Tchaikovsky were accused of the same thing? Just play what you love, IMO. The best teacher I ever had (about 25 years ago) combined classical, cocktail, jazz, etc, etc.

R

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by gahdzila
Gentlemen, PLEASE! A little ribbing and teasing is fine, I've certainly done my share here...but let's cool it with the personal attacks, shall we?

I agree. Like in music. The heart shows in what is said.
We got a couple "gentlemen" who have been here less than a month. They're posting destruction.

Who is the real troll?

Rossy always posts creativity. Causes us to think. Be amused. Entertains people with expanding their minds. I like him. Even though I like to rib him also. smile

EDIT: I've always said I love the mind of jazz. The creativity. Particular players are irrelevant to me.

Last edited by rnaple; 09/08/12 02:42 AM.

Ron
S
S
Jazz always seems to be for those who can't remember what to play.
While punk is fo those who can't remember how to play.

R

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by Rostosky

What new shade of H E L L is this?

No, dont answer that,...

Originally Posted by Tribbs
In order to enjoy Jazz you must be one of the [un]fortunate few who...There is no known cure. Probably because none has been sought.

Sometimes they can be quite the spectacle!

I like to call that: Prozac music. High sugar diets. Energy drinks. Diet pills. Any of that will cure you. Will understand it perfectly. Will actually like it.
See Rossy? You just need to get your Doctor to change your prescription. But then, your Basset Hound will leave you.

Ron
W
W
I'm sure old Rosto can handle a few insults his way. With a title like that he knew full well he'd get the jazz guys all riled up. Time to take what you can dish. He's a man.

and no, his posts aren't creative or worthy of anything at all. what I don't get is for someone with so little musical skill why are you not practicing more? Get off the forums and get in the woodshed.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission