2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (bcalvanese, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, 14 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Lilylady I noticed you tilt your head back when reading the music at the piano. Do you wear progressive or bi-tri focal glasses.

I was doing the same thing until I bought piano glasses and they make playing much easier...

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Hi Mark,

Awful things, those bifocals!!! New perscription is trifocals, which are worse and I can't wear them while playing as each 'space' is too small.

I have computer glasses (of the bifocal) but can't wear them as the distance from eye to music is not the same as from eye to someplace on the keyboard. The same if looking for middle C but not for the ends of the piano, which is more likely where I need to look! So I get dizzy when I use them.

At home the piano bench is higher and I can manage better but at the party the bench would not go up as high.

Thanks for the suggestion though - will keep trying something else. I would love for something else to work better than straining my neck!!!

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by lilylady:
Hi Mark,

Awful things, those bifocals!!! New perscription is trifocals, which are worse and I can't wear them while playing as each 'space' is too small.

I have computer glasses (of the bifocal) but can't wear them as the distance from eye to music is not the same as from eye to someplace on the keyboard. The same if looking for middle C but not for the ends of the piano, which is more likely where I need to look! So I get dizzy when I use them.

At home the piano bench is higher and I can manage better but at the party the bench would not go up as high.

Thanks for the suggestion though - will keep trying something else. I would love for something else to work better than straining my neck!!!
During my annual eye check up I brought some sheet music. Gave the eye doctor the distances I view and for $100 I picked up a cheap pain of piano glasses.

I can't tell you how much it has helped...

Mark...

N
N
Found a computer at the motel here in Rockland and A441 and I just had the greatest time reading all your comments and looking at the pics. Thanks Kathy and Jonathan and Sophie for hosting the "best ever piano party". Of course now that I'm taking lessons , I enjoyed all the playing so much more. Thanks to all of you or I never would have started, even though I managed to use the middle pedal while I was playing. What a hoot!

We are having the best of times in Maine. Spent 2 days in Rangeley and now we are in Rockland for 4 nights. What a view from our 4th floor motel room of the harbor.

Still talking about the party and all the wonderful and amusing things that went on. Hope to find a way to post some of my pictures when we get back to the Cape.

Keep playing everyone.

Linda and Jerry

Linda Gloo
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Hi, Kathy:

I just tried sending you a private message through PW but your mailbox is full! Sorry to be following up so late. Things have been so hectic the last month or so and last week my husband and I were away on vacation. I just opened your email! I only check my email once a week, if that.

Wow! Sounds like everyone had a great time at your get together, I'm sorry to have missed it, and your piano and house are beautiful! Lots of good music and good company!

What a nice thing it is to get together with friends!

smile

Jeanne

Music is about the heart and so should a piano be about the heart. - Pique

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/107473/1.html
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by kathyk:
Terrytunes, for example, blew me away this time with her Lizst Consolation. I've never heard her play more beautifully.
You are way too kind! Most of it was due to you piano sounding wonderful; plus, it was very enjoyable to play.

I gave myself credit for making it all the way through the entire 3 pages of this piece!! Even though it didn't flow smoothly and I flubbed up the 2nd to the last line, I made it to the final note without wanting to cry!! laugh

Jeanne, missed you and all the others who were unable to attend. frown

Linda & Jerry... thanks for checking in and letting us know you are enjoying your travels. Have a safe journey back over the CC bridge!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thanks to Kathy and her family for hosting (and putting us up!). What a wonderful weekend.

Linda you played so well!!! I am so impressed that you are taking lessons! You go girl! thumb

Jeanne, we missed you but as consolation, while we were on the highway I pointed out the exit to your place for Bernard! :p

Only thing missing was Frank! smile

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
kathyk Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
I just finished cleaning the house. I came across the tip jar on the piano. Jerry, I owe you $3.38.

I know BL, I missed Frank too. But, I expect to see a lot of Florida parties popping up.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I live in Nova Scotia but attend SummerKeys when I can. If there's a party in Maine next year I'd love to tie it in with my trip to Lubec. When/where are dates posted for these parties.

It's the journey not the destination..
[Linked Image]
kathyk Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Sandy, the party notices are generally in this room of Pianoworld - Forum Members Parties, Cruises, Meetings . . Just keep your eye out. wink

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Mark...:

During my annual eye check up I brought some sheet music. Gave the eye doctor the distances I view and for $100 I picked up a cheap pain of piano glasses.

I can't tell you how much it has helped...

Mark...
I need piano glasses for my fingers laugh

Les Koltvedt
Servicing the Greater Atlanta area
www.LKPianos.com
PTG Associate
Kathy, I love the weather and my new life out here, but I sure do miss the New England gatherings. Wish I could make it but unfortunately...
(and it's hard to find a good New England lobster out here in the desert) frown Nice pictures, Frank.

Lee B.
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by leebea:
Kathy, I love the weather and my new life out here, but I sure do miss the New England gatherings. Wish I could make it but unfortunately...
(and it's hard to find a good New England lobster out here in the desert) frown Nice pictures, Frank.
It's hard to find them down here in Florida too leebea.
I guess we'll just have to both make a trek to a New England piano party, and get some lobster while we're at it :-)

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I was trying to send a message to Linda and Jerry to see where their pictures are...do you have any to share?

But novalinda's PM seems to be deactivated.

???

Anyway...hope you both enjoyed the pics we shared of you two and that you had a grand time in Maine!

I am so proud of you Linda - learning to play now and even playing for friends!

And Jerry, well, you KNOW how much I love your playing!

Are you still thinking of attending NYC on Nov 1st? More info on that is over on WTF. Noontime at Jeffrey's. Center of Greenwich Village, a few blocks north from Washington Square Park.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Y
Y
A lobster almost 4 feets? the largest i have seen is about 1 foot long..

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission