2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
I'm just saying... laugh

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
...anything in particular, or 'just saying'? smile

Nancy Fanzlaw
Seamstress for the Band

www.FortePianoGallery.com
Forte' on Facebook

"The piano was God's gift to music." Lou Mason

B
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
.....that digital pianos are the devil's incarnate? grin

If music be the food of love, play on!
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
I don't know if it was the OP's intent, but please let's not get into another "bash digital pianos" thread. We don't need more negativity. That topic was beaten to death not long ago in the digital piano forum ("Digital pianos suck" was the thread title.) Some of us like our digital pianos a lot, and we know some of you hate them a lot, so can't we just leave it at that?

Lee
A
AJF Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
I'm guessing that Mark has noticed more and more digital threads showing up here. And rather than them being redirected by a moderator or poster they develop into threads.

Jazz/Improvising Pianist, Composer, University Prof.
At home: C. Bechstein Concert 8, Roland RD88
At work: Kawai GX2, Dave Smith Prophet Rev2 16-voice
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Not just digital threads, but also threads about technique, practice, repertoire, etc. I'm guessing that a forum title that more accurately reflects the fact that it's for discussing the instrument itself would be useful.

"Wide awake, I can make my most fantastic dreams come true..."
- Lorenz Hart
The way I see it, there is already a “Digital Piano Forum”. The “Piano Forum” might also be interpreted as the “Non-Digital Piano Forum”.

There is nothing wrong with a digital piano. I have a Casio Privia PX310 and I like it; so does my two grandchildren. (Keeps them off my grand laugh ).

And, by-the-way, there is no point in bickering about whether an acoustic piano is better than a digital or vice- versa. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I hate to see bickering and in-fighting among the members here… of course, we are all like a family, and siblings do fight amongst themselves now and then. But, they also love and support one another. laugh

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
The way I see it, there is already a “Digital Piano Forum”. The “Piano Forum” might also be interpreted as the “Non-Digital Piano Forum”.

If only the new posters and the casual wanderers read the same meaning into the forum name. Then we could replace might also be interpreted as with the much simpler is.

P.S. .... as one who spent some time this morning instructing on the construction of the minor scale, on the Piano Forum.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
My parents were great people, but they wasted a lot of precious time and words worrying about the kinds of people that were moving into 'ther' neighborhood.

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
Originally Posted by turandot
My parents were great people, but they wasted a lot of precious time and words worrying about the kinds of people that were moving into 'ther' neighborhood.

Turandot, didn’t you mean “their” neighborhood? (sorry, I couldn’t resist grin )

Take care,

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Legal Beagle
Not just digital threads, but also threads about technique, practice, repertoire, etc. I'm guessing that a forum title that more accurately reflects the fact that it's for discussing the instrument itself would be useful.

give this kind person a cigar... laugh

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Rickster
Originally Posted by turandot

Turandot, didn’t you mean “their” neighborhood? (sorry, I couldn’t resist grin )

Take care,

Rick

Maybe he meant "thor" neighborhood.
Who wouldn't be concerned by such a thunderous event?

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T

some people just aren't that smart i guess

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Mark...

give this kind person a cigar... laugh

Thanks, Mark (striking a virtual match and lighting said virtual cigar). Aaaaaaaah. The rare event of somebody offering me a cigar on a special occasion (such as the birth of a child) is the only time Mrs. Beagle will consent to me smoking, so thanks... I think a virtual cigar will pass even her stringent criteria laugh

- Lorenz Hart
Thanks, Mark (striking a virtual match and lighting said virtual cigar). Aaaaaaaah. The rare event of somebody offering me a cigar on a special occasion (such as the birth of a child) is the only time Mrs. Beagle will consent to me smoking, so thanks... I think a virtual cigar will pass even her stringent criteria

Well, you could always get one of those “digital cigars”… you know, the ones that use flavored water vapor and provide the sensation of smoking without the harmful chemicals. laugh

Rick

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Thanks, Mark (striking a virtual match and lighting said virtual cigar). Aaaaaaaah. The rare event of somebody offering me a cigar on a special occasion (such as the birth of a child) is the only time Mrs. Beagle will consent to me smoking, so thanks... I think a virtual cigar will pass even her stringent criteria

Well, you could always get one of those “digital cigars”… you know, the ones that use flavored water vapor and provide the sensation of smoking without the harmful chemicals. laugh

Rick

Thanks for the suggestion, Rick, but I'm definitely an acoustic cigar sort of guy, not that I wish to bash digital cigar owners. whistle

- Lorenz Hart
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
It appears to me from this and other internet forums I look at that the first forum in the list almost always turns into a "general discussion" forum regardless of what it's called.

Greg
Originally Posted by BB Player
It appears to me from this and other internet forums I look at that the first forum in the list almost always turns into a "general discussion" forum regardless of what it's called.

I think you are right, Greg.

I remember when Frank B. was making changes to the order of PW forums… even that irritated some members.

We can always politely inform the new members that happen to post a particular question or topic here that it might be better suited for one of the other forums. You know what they say… first impressions are usually the most important.

Personally, I thought Monica K. always did a wonderful job of welcoming new members. I do that some too, and hope she doesn’t think I’ve horned in on her job! smile

Rick

Last edited by Rickster; 04/26/11 03:13 PM.

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by BB Player

I bet there would be markedly less if the "acoustic" was added.

I notice that the mods here never redirect threads to the proper forum. Does the software not allow it?

Originally Posted by Mark
I bet there would be markedly less if the "acoustic" was added.

I notice that the mods here never redirect threads to the proper forum. Does the software not allow it?

Hi Mark,

I don’t think this is the case at all… here are just a few examples in some very recent threads.

https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubb...MINOR%20AND%20G%20MAJOR.html#Post1666754

https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1665254/buying%20digital%20piano%20under%201,5.html#Post1665254

https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubb...grand%20sustain%20pedal.html#Post1666211

Best regards,

Rick

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission