2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
52 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 5 invisible), 1,283 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
chompy Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey guys, first post here.

I've been looking at different digital, slab-style pianos for a while now, and I think that the best bang for my buck at the moment is the yamaha cp33.

My concern, however, is that it appears the cp33 does not come with a music stand. Is it possible to purchase a music stand and add it to the piano? It seems the p155, which is priced identically to the cp33, has one. I understand that these are different machines, with one being a home-practice piano and one being a stage piano, but I would still like to have a music stand on the cp33 for practicing.

Can any current cp33 owners tell me what they did regarding this?

Also, if there is any piano which is priced competitively with the cp33 and is "better", I'd be open to any suggestions of that kind as well

Last edited by chompy; 04/16/11 02:33 PM.
C
C

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Chompy, consider buying a professional Manhasset music stand instead. The Yamaha stand is plastic and if you ever take the keyboard out of your house that plastic stand is an accident waiting to happen. Those metal stands will last several lifetimes and will probably cost less as well. Also those metal stands are much more adjustable.

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
R
RDW Offline
R
I have the CP-Rest. It plugs neatly into the back of the keyboard and, while you might want something else for heavy gigging, it's fine for home use. It's wide enough for 3 A4 size pages. One poster here has reported his works itself loose over time, but I haven't had this problem. However, some things aren't ideal. It's not very tall, so unsupported pages may flop a little at the top. It's also a little lower (the base is not much higher than the keys) and further back than I'd like, and there are no clips to hold open a bound score. If you use a fitted keyboard cover, you might have to unplug the rest (I just use a cloth draped over the rest and keyboard, so it's fine).

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by RDW
I have the CP-Rest. It plugs neatly into the back of the keyboard and, while you might want something else for heavy gigging, it's fine for home use. It's wide enough for 3 A4 size pages. One poster here has reported his works itself loose over time, but I haven't had this problem. However, some things aren't ideal. It's not very tall, so unsupported pages may flop a little at the top. It's also a little lower (the base is not much higher than the keys) and further back than I'd like, and there are no clips to hold open a bound score. If you use a fitted keyboard cover, you might have to unplug the rest (I just use a cloth draped over the rest and keyboard, so it's fine).

I was the poster who has the CP-Rest that keeps falling apart. The rest has two metal pegs that slot into the keyboard which have worked their way loose. I have to periodically tighten them up or they will fall out. Having the rest that attaches to the keyboard is more convenient than using a separate stand but it is not as heavy duty as I would like. I have a stretchy dust cover form my keyboard and it goes on fine with or without the rest in place.

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
I wonder if you couldn't make a music rest for a Yamaha from some brass welding rod, or rather "brazing rod" It comes in 3 foot lengths and is sold in most hardware stores. Put one end in each hole and bend it ziz-zag between the holes. The diameter that fits in the hole can be bent by hand.

You could get fancy and use multiple rods and some solder but we are only holding up a sheet of paper not a lot of strength is required

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

I am 'doremi' because I play scales smile
My teacher is 'domisol' because he plays chords shocked
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by doremi

What kind of clef is that, an E clef?

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

I am 'doremi' because I play scales smile
My teacher is 'domisol' because he plays chords shocked
C
C
If you are using anything but the most solid piano stand, and are a forceful player, then the piano may tend to move while you play. If the music stand is mounted to the piano, then the stand (and the music) may move back and forth even more. I couldn't take it any more, and resorted to a separate music stand on the floor behind the piano, as another poster has suggested. What a relief!

Yamaha YC88, Kawai CA93, Yamaha MODX8, EV ZXA1

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission