2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (bcalvanese, 20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, crab89, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,932 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Lady's and Gents, This thread has been brought to my attention. I am the Mass Marketing Manager for the Mass Merchant Division of First Act Corp. USA which distributes these pianos that you all seem to think are (well let's not go into that). The individual posting here as paulisme is, in fact a real person, and is in fact purchasing exactly the piano he has described. I would respectfully request that the members of this forum (and the moderators) put an end to the unfair comments and speculation. Thanks you!

BS#1

WHAT???????
Yamaha S6, U5C, P120
http://michaelstith.com

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Originally posted by Marty Flinn:
For God's sake don't let them roll it on the pedal lyre!
Thanks to the advanced design of the First Act Junior Grand Piano, that won't be a problem, as the piano itself was cleverly built without a lyre and pedals. I suspect that is because of the superior sustain of this scale design, rendering pedals unnecessary.

Hello Avid Piano Shoppers!

First of all, I would like to thank mdsdurango for his kind words and careful followup of the order to First Act placed by a certain paulisme who has kindly posted about the experience of shopping First Act Superstore through one of our many distributors.

I assure you that all efforts will be taken to provide the superior product advertised, and that the First Act brand will be the piano delivered.

Now, I must address the peanut gallery of skeptics on this forum whose scurrilous attacts are nothing more than unprovable internet rubbish perpetrated by Europhiles tauting such nonsensical advice such as playing a piano before you buy as gospel truth.

Well, to those people (including the insideous Piano*Dad - whose laughing and rolling around on the floor is quite annoying to me) I have only one answer:

$99.95!!!

Thanks right, folks! By providing top quality grands from our undisclosed manufacturers (that's right - our prices are so low, we can't even tell you where we get them!) We are cutting out the traditional middle man of the industry and passing the savings on to you!

Also, new scale designs from our crack team of piano designers led by Mr. Fell Dandrich has eliminated the need for the full compliment of 88 keys! With robust bass octaves and twinkly upper registers, the First Act is truly "First Class" (Fine left it out of 1B by accident - he will address this in next year's supplement, I assure you)

And now, I have work to do and orders to take, so I must leave you all. ORDER THE FIRST ACT NOW!!! After all, you would not want to be the second on your block to play the First Act.

Respectfully, Gerry Fillston - President, First Act Piano Corp.

Beverage Industry Pro Since June, 2007
Well, it's about time YOU showed up!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Even though Gerry is hard on the 'Europhiles,' I have a sneaking suspicion that he might have 290cm of European piano in his home wink .

-Michael B.

There are two rules to success in life: Rule #1. Don't tell people everything you know.
ftp Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
OperaTenor and all you croutons in PianoWorld (you know who you are)- I am frankly nauseated by your sophmoric and childish speculation based on no fact. I will have none of this immorality-get a life.

For heaven's sake we've digressed now to where we are picking on a respected maker of children's musical ivestments- is our next generation of pianists now cannon fodder?

Feh. Like I care.

Fathertopianist,

Thank you for your kindness. The sole reason for my existance is to spread beautiful music in our world of darkness and to provide beautiful instruments for those who might otherwise go without.

Oops, got to go - four more First Act orders just came rolling in!

Sincerely, Gerry Fillston - President, First Act Piano Corp.

Originally posted by FirstActSuperstore:
Also, new scale designs from our crack team of piano designers led by Mr. Fell Dandrich has eliminated the need for the full compliment of 88 keys! With robust bass octaves and twinkly upper registers, the First Act is truly "First Class" (Fine left it out of 1B by accident - he will address this in next year's supplement, I assure you)
In the interest of sticking to the facts, Gerry, with only 30 keys on the First Act, shouldn't you change your description to "robust bass octave" rather than "octaves"?

My dear, dear Monica,

You are a smart one, aren't you.

It just so happens that I may have Mr. Dandrich address this personally on the forum. Once again, the skeptics emerge and try to throw cold water on my hot fire. Alas, as I am not an engineer, only a humble servant of music and the piano industry, and I really can't tell you how these things work. I assure you, however, upon speaking with Mr. Dandrich, the octave issue that you have raised - and it's subsiquent implication of my credibility will be fully addressed.

I suppose you even play the piano using your pinkie! Anyone who studied piano properly knows that this is "uberhaupt nicht" the way to play. I rest my case.

Nice try, Monica.

With a certain glint in my eye, Gerry Fillston - President, FAPC

Oh, Monica, that is so petty. Why must you throw mud on this fine starter piano. Gerry was very up-front about its limitations in his disclosures.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Is this one of the better Chinese manufactures?
Do they make any other case styles ? (Louie XV,French Prov,Chippendale,spade leg) I noticed the EarLy American case styling
Is the fallboard name real brass script or just a decal?
In home tune (A440)voicing prep included?
Do they use any plastic in their action parts?
Is Walmart objectional to you sending a tech?(floor mdl. available)
Is the action geometry heavy? light? even?
Keys look a little short Is it the picture angle?
Duet bench? Can't tell from the pic
Artist bench upgrade option?
I would be a little skeptical in that they are not an authorised service center. Walmart subcontracts to other techs. Limited in their field service

One positive note it is not 85 notes which definitely affects the fair market value.
Other than that it should be fine for a starter piano for your wife. You can always upgrade later

www.pastperfectpiano.com
Largest selection in the USA
100+Steinway and M&H grands
Warehouse showroom Onsite Restoration
Preowned & Restored
Hailun dlr.818-255-3145
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z8RvhXGKzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voo0zumHGgE
P
OP Offline
P
pianobroker, my wife is actually a very accomplished musician. She grew up playing the music box, then switched to radio, and is now to the point where she's ready for a top-quality grand piano.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Paulisme,

I have been told by other technicians that the First Act may be of poor quality. I myself have not seen one. So I can not confirm this. I do believe they come with a George Jensen artist bench in pleather that's worth $89.00

Verhnjak Pianos
Specializing in the Restoration, Refinishing & Maintenance
of Fine Heirloom Pianos

www.pianoman.ca
Verhnjak Pianos Facebook

P
OP Offline
P
Ron, have you ever actually played a First Act? Have you ever serviced one? I think we need to keep this thread confined to the FACTS.

FACT #1:

Only 6 to 7 percent of customers were drunk or high when they bought a First Act piano.

FACT #2:

The word "fact" begins with an "f" and ends with an "act." So does the name "First Act." Coincidence? I think not.

FACT #3:

I am so happy I bought a Fist Act piano from Wal-Mart! Why? See FACT #1.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Paulisme,

How dare you challenge my expertize. First of all I stated I did not see a FA piano. I am going on hearsay a very reliable source of information. And my name is ROD not RON so get it right.
If you think you are so smart. I think your sock has a big hole in it!!!!

At least the bench will last more than the return policy.

Verhnjak Pianos
of Fine Heirloom Pianos

www.pianoman.ca
Verhnjak Pianos Facebook

Dear List,

I think I may be getting buyer's remorse. I shopped at a number of stores and spent a lot of time researching a piano purchase for my church. We worked very hard to raise money and after much soul-searching decided upon a Boston GP-163. The piano has been ordered and should be delivered soon.

Now I find that I could have purchased the First Act Junior Grand Piano for a MUCH better price. Additionally, it is in stock at my local Wal-Mart, (I have seen and played it myself) and it would be much easier to get warranty adjustments, tunings, etc. since the store is less than 20 minutes from the church. Also, I prefer to deal with a local business in my town.

Have we made the wrong decision on the Boston? We are trying to get the best deal for the church. How do most B&M piano dealers handle a cancelled sales order? Please advise!

EllyKay

EllyKay
P
OP Offline
P
ellykay, I'm not sure how good your dealer's return policy is, but Wal-Mart usually offers a full refund, even if you've already opened the box! Maybe you could buy the First Act, put the Boston that you don't want into the First Act box, and return that to Wal-Mart. They probably wouldn't even realize it until somebody else buys it, then brings it back realizing he's been duped, but by then you'll be long gone with the piano of your dreams!

P
OP Offline
P
Originally posted by Rod Verhnjak:
Paulisme,

How dare you challenge my expertize. First of all I stated I did not see a FA piano. I am going on hearsay a very reliable source of information. And my name is ROD not RON so get it right.

Rod, sorry I got your name wrong. I also didn't appreciate your attitude; the tone of your message was harsher than a 1956 grey-market Pearl River upright.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Sorry Paulisme, I was a bit harsh. wink

Today my wife and I went to Walmart to purchase some ham and in the same isle we had the privilege of being able to sample a new F&A piano.
Ya know, I've got to say they are better than I thought. I was able to cut my ham on the top lid without much difficulty.

I think in time these pianos may get the credit they deserve and take on the top makers.

Verhnjak Pianos
of Fine Heirloom Pianos

www.pianoman.ca
Verhnjak Pianos Facebook

C
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
C
Originally posted by paulisme:
Originally posted by Rod Verhnjak:
[b] Paulisme,

Rod, sorry I got your name wrong. I also didn't appreciate your attitude; the tone of your message was harsher than a 1956 grey-market Pearl River upright. [/b]
Oh I just KNEW somebody was gonna go there mad

Look, I've been importing so-called grey market Pearl Livers for over 60 years, direct from FaSoLa, without having so much as a single fatality that could be directly attributed to them in a court law, on appeals.

Rich Lindahl
Piano Restorations in Central CT
www.rivervalleypiano.com
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission