2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 9 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Hi Mel, on the whole Steinway are very good pianos, if not great pianos. I had a 1988 Steinway M, lovely in its own ways and never had any trouble. I am classically trained and I played it a lot. I traded it back to the dealer after 22 years when I bought a new B several months ago. My old M was in the Steinway showroom for about a month to two before it was sold. I think the dealer sold it for over $30,000. Your husband is right about the Steinway brand name. Not that I agree that pianos should be treated as an investment, but if one insists on looking at piano as a possible investment, I would say Steinway is definitely among the best.

2010 Steinway B #586826
J
J
Good news and bad news,

Its most likely a Teflon piano

Good news, its a Teflon piano, and because some people hate Teflon in the actions of steinways, the market price will be lower, at the very least its a good negotiating tool and could be a relative bargain

Bad news , its a Teflon piano, some techs just don't don't like them, others think they are fine..... and it will affect future resale, but you will also pay less for the piano, so who cares

Assuming you like the way the piano looks, sounds and plays, and it doesn't require a ton of work and your tech signs off on it, you could get a bargain Steinway

But do keep in mind, the resale value of a teflon Steinway is lower, but if you pay less for it to begin with who cares.....

I've found Teflon units with good Teflon either still in them , or replaced work very well as personal players

D
D
Do the bushings squeak or make any noises? If it doesn't.. I seriously doubt it will in the future assuming you have a competent seasoned (steinway) technician. Either way, as the above poster said, it is a good negotiating point for you to get the best price possible. Good luck!

Musically Yours,
Jonathan Hunt

Sales Professional:
Steinway, Boston, Essex, Kohler & Campbell

The Music Gallery
Clearwater, Fl.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission