2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, 12 invisible), 1,877 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1639527 03/12/11 12:47 PM
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
March 10, 2011

Dear Fellow Keyboardists:

It was with great excitement that Kawai America and Kawai Canada launched our new flagship MP10 Professional Stage Piano at the end of 2010. We believe that this instrument is a tremendous advancement over comparable keyboards in the marketplace—a view echoed by industry experts and media reviews.

After shipments started, we began to receive reports of problems with some MP10 instruments related primarily to uneven key spacing and shipping damage. We immediately reported these issues to our offices in Japan and Kawai America’s technical team began an investigation here. We also made the difficult decision to halt all shipments until the cause of these problems could be determined. While halting shipments is never a preferred option for a manufacturer, we believed this action to be in the best interests of our customers and dealers—and consistent with our longstanding reputation for quality and customer support.

We are now pleased to report that the key spacing problem has been solved and the MP10 packaging has been improved. Kawai America and Kawai Canada will resume shipments to North American dealers immediately. Kawai continues to be proud of our instruments and our excellent reputation for quality and customer service. As the MP10 resumes shipping, we anticipate that it will quickly gain a reputation as the finest stage piano in the industry.

For more information, please feel free to contact us at info@kawaius.com.

Sincerely,

Kawai America / Kawai Canada

Don Mannino RPT, MPA
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Thanks for coming here to make your statement, Don. I think it was a brave decision to halt shipments and solve the problem; (other manufacturers please take note...).

Slightly OT since you're here. There are many people on this forum who have concluded that the MP10 would be the perfect stage piano if it were twenty pounds lighter. I would have been first in line for an MP10-lite if such a plastic-keyed UPHI board had been available. As it stands, I was obliged to purchase elsewhere to achieve a top-quality, lightweight gigging package, as the MP6 doesn't offer Kawai's best sound engine. I would love to have access to the best sounds that Kawai can offer, but it has to be truly portable (for a 57-year-old).

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
F
F
My main problem with MP6 or MP10 is that I can't find anybody selling them in my area to try them.
And I live in the SF bay area not the lost coast.
That's a shame Kawai doesn't expand their keyboards dealership network.

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by filipi
My main problem with MP6 or MP10 is that I can't find anybody selling them in my area to try them.
And I live in the SF bay area not the lost coast.
That's a shame Kawai doesn't expand their keyboards dealership network.

I'd happily host an MP10 and MP6 for people in the western USA to try!

mabraman, 2015
D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris
That's very cool Don. I'd like to see Roland or Korg come on a public keyboard forum and admit there were problem areas in their products.

Yes. This "corporate infallibility" syndrome is actually very odd. Everyone who works at Roland, Yamaha, etc., buys products from, say, Toyota or Microsoft, the same as the rest of us. They must know how frustrating and off-putting it is when a company denies a problem exists or simply stonewalls. They must also know that it causes a drift away to competitors - in other words, it's counterproductive. So why do they continue to do it?

My estimation of Kawai as a brand is way ahead of many of their competitors, simply because they treat their customers as fellow citizens, talk to us as equals, and share our enthusiasm. Of course, I won't buy a product unless it's right for me, but if it came down to a choice of two equally competent products from Kawai and Korlandaha, I'd pick the Kawai.

mabraman, 2015
C
C
sweetwater in stock ohhhhh boyy. gotta sell this pearl river first! darnit

any takers? lol.

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/msg/2223386631.html

Last edited by craig1999871; 03/12/11 08:50 PM.

play that one again sam
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I am not familiar with the upcoming products, but I am quite sure the sound engine from the MP-10 will find it's way into a lighter instrument.

As for dealers, Filipi, it's a problem. The on-line dealers have cut so far into storefronts profit margins that stores don't want to carry them.

Don Mannino (piano technician, not digital person)

Y
Y
Don, Thanks for your clarification on the status of the MP10 keyboard problem. That Kawai has halted all shipments since the uneven key spacing problem showed up is a responsible one. It's certainly good to know that all MP10s being shipped have had this problem resolved.

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by KawaiDon
I am not familiar with the upcoming products, but I am quite sure the sound engine from the MP-10 will find it's way into a lighter instrument.

I'm very much looking forward to that! If you have a chance, Don, please ask the designers to include the new Rhodes and Wurlitzer samples also.

(PS: glad to know you're real, and not merely a digital representation grin)

mabraman, 2015
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

A request: could Kawai please produce a DP that is fully sampled i.e. not looped? You've eliminated stretching and most of the audible layer switches, which is terrific, but looping is what keeps me from even considering the purchase of a Kawai (or Yamaha, or Korg, or Casio, etc.).

Pretty please?

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by dewster

A request: could Kawai please produce a DP that is fully sampled i.e. not looped? You've eliminated stretching and most of the audible layer switches, which is terrific, but looping is what keeps me from even considering the purchase of a Kawai (or Yamaha, or Korg, or Casio, etc.).

Pretty please?

Geez, give it a rest. Do you really have to drag your agenda into yet another thread that clearly has nothing to do with looping? Why not consider the fact the fact that a Kawai representative has taken the time to address a manufacturing issue on this forum even though I'm sure everyone affiliated with Kawai has more grave matters on their mind right now? Do you really feel this is the thread to be moaning about looping once again?

Everyone gets it... despite the fact that you don't even really play piano, you have determined that most DPs are woefully inadequate because of something that you consider of paramount importance. Never mind the fact that countless professional piano players use these inadequate DPs to produce great music.

Why not appreciate the measures Kawai is taking to address a manufacturing/design issue rather than turn a great gesture into yet another opportunity to further your own agenda?

Last edited by Hideki Matsui; 03/13/11 04:25 PM.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Hideki Matsui
Geez, give it a rest.

Sorry to have upset you Hideki, and I mean that sincerely.

It's not often that reps show up here directly and I didn't want to miss the opportunity to put in a request. I don't think it's all about me, I believe there are others here who want this too.

Others were asking for additional features and new products too, so it's not clear to me why you are singling me out for ridicule.

Last edited by dewster; 03/13/11 05:48 PM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Hideki Matsui
Geez, give it a rest.
Amen to that.
dewster: Maybe drop the piano and try string theory ... where looping is the name of the game.
smile

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
"My main problem with MP6 or MP10 is that I can't find anybody selling them in my area to try them.
And I live in the SF bay area not the lost coast."

Filipi, have you tried Carnes Piano in San Jose? I bought (and first tried out) my mp8ii there. Last I heard, they were thinking about carrying the MP10. Couldn't hurt to call.

Don, thanks for the statement from Kawai. It shows the kind of honesty that makes people respect the company.

Last edited by Jeff Clef; 03/13/11 09:29 PM.

Clef

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by dewster

It's not often that reps show up here directly and I didn't want to miss the opportunity to put in a request. I don't think it's all about me, I believe there are others here who want this too.

Send them a PM, and that's it. Japan now has other problems than non-looping samples... bah

<~ don't test forever - play and enjoy! ~>
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
dewster, indeed! It's getting really boring... You've got already the SuperMegaExtraTerrestrialNonLoopedPiano in your new Roland smile Why should you care about the others?

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
M
M
Originally Posted by CyberGene
Why should you care about the others?

Maybe because he's got nothing else to do?

Yamaha C3 | CP88 | CP4 | P-121 | Sauter Upright
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CyberGene
dewster, indeed! It's getting really boring... You've got already the SuperMegaExtraTerrestrialNonLoopedPiano in your new Roland smile Why should you care about the others?

Probably because he does not want to admit that he's not really satisfied with the artificial & clinical Super Unnatural sound after all, being so terribly overprocessed. In future communication this will be referred to as SU.

K A W A I ..... R O L A N D ......... E - M U
C A - 9 3 ......... A X - 7 ...... X B O A R D - 4 9
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
March 10, 2011

Dear Fellow Keyboardists:

It was with great excitement that Kawai America and Kawai Canada launched our new flagship MP10 Professional Stage Piano at the end of 2010. We believe that this instrument is a tremendous advancement over comparable keyboards in the marketplace—a view echoed by industry experts and media reviews.

After shipments started, we began to receive reports of problems with some MP10 instruments related primarily to uneven key spacing and shipping damage. We immediately reported these issues to our offices in Japan and Kawai America’s technical team began an investigation here. We also made the difficult decision to halt all shipments until the cause of these problems could be determined. While halting shipments is never a preferred option for a manufacturer, we believed this action to be in the best interests of our customers and dealers—and consistent with our longstanding reputation for quality and customer support.

We are now pleased to report that the key spacing problem has been solved and the MP10 packaging has been improved. Kawai America and Kawai Canada will resume shipments to North American dealers immediately. Kawai continues to be proud of our instruments and our excellent reputation for quality and customer service. As the MP10 resumes shipping, we anticipate that it will quickly gain a reputation as the finest stage piano in the industry.

For more information, please feel free to contact us at info@kawaius.com.

Sincerely,

Kawai America / Kawai Canada

Thanks for sharing this with us, Don! thumb

K A W A I ..... R O L A N D ......... E - M U
C A - 9 3 ......... A X - 7 ...... X B O A R D - 4 9
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission