2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (crab89, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, Fried Chicken, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, 9 invisible), 1,250 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
First batch for me:

1. Ben -Thank you for introducing me to this lovely little waltz. You made me want to push the furniture against the wall and grab my spouse for a dance with your beautiful playing.

2. Wouter79 - This is such a fun piece. I worked on a very simplified version of it about a year and half ago when I was doing the Legacy course. Later I tried playing the complete Joplin score and I know how hard it is to maintain that tempo throughout but you made it seem easy. I couldn’t believe you could play this well after only one year. Thanks for giving me the feedback on the the deplorable condition of my piano’s bass and clearing up for me that it wasn’t my deplorable playing of it you were referring to. I was concerned about one or two notes that didn’t ring out in the bass when I bought it, but I thought that was only because it needed to be tuned.

3. Peyton - Does “original” mean you composed this yourself or is it just a qualitative description? Because it certainly fits the latter category. It’s beautiful and your playing took it deep into my core.

4. Dannylux/Mel - All I can say is if you are an adult beginner what is an adult Intermediate? I’m not an experienced enough listener of the nuances of classical music. All I can tell you is listening to you play conjured an entire other world and time and the thought that this music was the only way to bring it back.

5. Sam - You sound like a man after my own heart. I’ve had the same amount of total hiatus and over the same struggle. If listening is just as important as playing for the study of an instrument than I just had a great lesson.

6. Iain - If I was doing images, the one I got from listening to you is a great eagle soaring with my heart on its wings. Or maybe it was an angel. Playing only 11 months like this, you must have been touched by one. I’m so flattered that you subscribed to my channel, and now that I’ve heard you play I’m off to subscribe to yours.

7. KeemaNan - I saw the Draughtsman’s Contract and don’t remember the story at all, but I do remember this music. I can’t comment on technique on this level. All I can say is you’ve inspired me to want to revisit the Inventions. Since playing Bach was the most traumatic part of my childhood piano lessons, that’s saying a lot about your playing.

8. Super Hunky - Wow! This may be my favorite kind of playing, large dramatic with huge mood swings between melancholy and manic delight. My husband has always been a fan of PF but I never was till now. Do you give lessons?

9. Pianosaurus Rex - I got the image of that yellow folio with Czerny on the cover from younger days but I know he never sounded this good and I played a lot longer than 13 mos.

10. Carlos - Your kids are so lucky to have this enchanting music to sweeten their dreams. I could listen to you play this all night. It flows beautifully like its name implies and the rubato is like the places where it curves and meets river rocks. Thank you by the way for your kind words on my piece. I got so tired of bad sheet music arrangements of beautiful songs. Never having to be bored and disappointed by one again was my main motivation for learning to play by ear.

11. Monica – I thought you played beautifully. I read in your profile that you are a psychology professor. After listening to you, I believe that you could heal patients with your music as effectively as you could by talking to them. I immediately began to relax and felt calmed listening to this piece even in its minor key, which probably suits the mood of many of those seeking help anyway.

12. John Frank - Very pretty. I can see the room, the wigs, and the people dancing by candlelight. Accomplishedly played throughout and putting me in the mood for a good Jane Austen novel.

13. Cheryl - This is the month for gypsy music. Another haunting and melancholy melody which I thought you articulated very well.

14. CMohr - Image: a smoky dark café in the Village. This is a beautiful tune. Thanks for all the background on it. You’re doing great with jazz for only a year and a half. I know I tried and gave up after almost two years ago. Hopefully I’ll make it this time with people like you to lead the way.

15. Todd - I think I remember being assigned this Chopin piece as a young teen but never learned to play it this well. I just finished a year learning nothing but how to play popular music by ear, but if I listen to much more of this I may take another just learning to play music like this from the sheet and forget everything I learned about the latter.

16. Joangolfing - Wow, I’m going to keep this one on hand the next time I tape myself and find I’m lacking in dynamic contrast. I think you do a great job with that and keeping a food dynamic balance between both hands. Beautiful phrasing too.

17. Inlanding Glen - Wow! You sound like you should be out playing gigs every night. I’d pay to hear you. Thankfully I don’t have to--I’m thankful also for your kind words about my piece here and in the February thread.

18. Ken. - I never had a very good feel for Bebop myself but I know one when I see one. I liked your light touch with this piece meant for children.

19. Mati - Now it was a very wet, cold day in California, which can offer some of the wettest and coldest because often utterly unprepared for, and you feel the chill in your bones that tells you you’re not a kid anymore. Then along came this piece which warmed with its suggestion and evocation of some of the fairytale enchantment and beauty of childhood. And they all lived happily ever after!

20. True Beginner
- I really think it’s time to think about changing your name. I’m sure it was “true” when you chose it but now it really only serves the purpose of making others feel bad. How about keeping half of it and changing the other half, something like “Truly Accomplished” would work for instance.

Last edited by Starr Keys; 02/18/11 09:56 PM.
A
A

Joangolfing- Sonata E major Op. 14 no. 1 Allegretto- I am unfamiliar with this piece. You played it so well smile

Ken- Monk Medley- Interesting Piece:) Well played

Riddler(Ed)- Dolphin Dance
I enjoyed this piece a lot, cool that you wrote the arrangement:) Nicely done

Hoffy Minuet in G Major- Yes this is a very familiar piece. Very well played.

LaValse- I am unfamiliar with this piece- I thought you played it very well

Jazzwee,- All the Things You Are- I started tapping my foot along with the music:) This was very enjoyable to listen to.

wj3/Walt -Take me home country roads- Nicely played!

BillM -Mr. President- I always enjoy hearing you sing, You have gotten so good at it!:) Awesome job on this.

Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16- I haven't played any Schumann music. I might have to dig some out:). I thought you played this well. It would have been interesting to hear your playback though!:)

serge88 -Your Song- I am unfamliar with this song also, but I enjoyed it a lot, nicely done!

Paquijote- Invention No. 7 in E Minor. This sounds like a hard piece, but sounds like it would be fun to play, good job on this:)

LadyPayne- Nearer My God To Thee- Great attempt at making something your own:) Nicely Done.

MaryBee- Sheep May Safely Graze- I was about to say I was unfamiliar with this piece, but it sounds so familiar. Anyways Nicely played!

FarmGirl- A Christmas Overture- This piece does sound difficult, but I thought you did a great job with the different tempo's, and melody changes. Awesome:)

Yamaha G-3 & P-80 Mike White- Milonga del Angel- This is another composer I am unfamiliar with, This was very well played.

MegumiNoda- Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 Very pretty piece, You played this very well:)

Wisebuff- In Church Op 39 No. 24- ah Tchaikovsky:) I was forced to play a lot of his music when I was in band during highschool. I thought you played this very well:)

Spidaman- A Moment Lost- II lvoe David Nevue's pieces also! You played this piece so Beatuifully!.

Laura aka Ten left Thumbs- Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1rst movement. I enjoyed listening to the piece a lot!, Awesome job.

Grotrainer- Sonata in C-minor Op. 10, no.1: 2nd movement. I don't think I'd have the patience to learn this piece. It was very relaxing to listen to though. You played it so well:)

Bunneh- Barcarolle, No. 6 - I am unfamiliar with this piece, it sounds like it would be fun to learn!. Nice job on this:)

Hawgdriver- Prelude in D-Flat Major- Another very relaxing piece. I haven't tried to play any of Chopin's pieces, I always thought they would be to hard. I might have to give some a try now though:). You played this piece so well.

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by PhilzPiano
08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)

I'm a Pink Floyd fan myself and I thought this was brilliantly played. Superb arrangement. Can we look forward to some more arrangements of rock classics in the future?

YES! and I promise (to myself) to submit a clear recording without clipping and distorion.

I recently found a classic rock piece performaed by David Lanz....(Moody blues "Nights in White Satin") that I would love to perform. I want to completely re-compose the piece however not be be a duplicate of what already exists but rather become an original complete cover.

I'll start on it right away hopefully to have it ready for next months piano bar or something.

A
A
Todd Vance- Waltz in C#minor Op. 64 #2
Wonderful!:)

Inlanding - Medley of Three- This was very relaxing to listen to. Nicely played:)

MartinJb/ Martin- Reflections Em- This piece was very pretty! I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for sharing it:)

GlassLove- Song of India, There seems to be a lot of people from Michigan in this piano forum:). You played this piece so well:)

PhilzPiano- Prelude in E Minor Op. 28. No. 4- Wonderful! nicely played

ShiroKuro- Sunburst- Kind of a bouncy piece:) You played this piece very well

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Edtek

54. TTigg / Steve C – A beautiful piece and played very well with dynamics well controlled.
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it

Originally Posted by Undone

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni
So this is what you've been doing since you left Alfreds, sounds great! I love the pace of the piece and the way it keeps driving forward, pauses for a moment of quite reflection, then moves on again. Wonderful performance!
smile you got me. Yep, been doing this and some others. Really need to mix it up though so I'm polishing off some Twilight stuff so I can then go back to Mr E himself. I'm going to be picking #3 back up though in 2wks so my teacher and I can work on getting it complete thumb
- SC

Originally Posted by PhilzPiano

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni
It's good to hear more Einaudi on the forum recitals. I thought your playing flowed beautifully. Very enjoyable.
Thank you very much, I'm glad it seemed to flow right it always sounds better away from the red dot, I swear smile
- SC

Last edited by TTigg; 02/18/11 11:19 PM.

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Bluekeys --FYI I'm listening to your piece again. It's really damn good.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky

I recently found a classic rock piece performaed by David Lanz....(Moody blues "Nights in White Satin") that I would love to perform. I want to completely re-compose the piece however not be be a duplicate of what already exists but rather become an original complete cover.

I'll start on it right away hopefully to have it ready for next months piano bar or something.

Can't wait to hear it... I have the sheet music for that arrangement and tackled it once, but for the life of me I couldn't get what came out of my fingers sound anything like the Lanz version, so I've put it away for a few months years.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
What a great recital! Thanks to everyone who participated. I love how many comments people have going here. Maybe all our discussions really helped! smile

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3 You sound very confident with this piece. Good choice and good performance.

02. wouter79 - the entertainer You have such good control on the dynamics. Nice!

03. Peyton - Angel "Dilettante"? Ha ha! I like the melody. I think I agree with you about the intro being a little muddy, but I love how it moves to those upper registers toward the end. I'm so sorry about your friend. Cancer sucks. My friend just had a tumor removed and will be starting chemo soon.

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen What a cool wedding gift! Interesting -- the music seemed a little melancholic, and yet the poem has a promising feel. You play it very expressively.

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1 How nice to hear this again. Wonderful! Yes, I've heard it played faster, but I actually like this tempo better. Good job brining out the melody. I know how difficult that is.

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria This composer is new to me. I like how you build up the energy as the piece moves along. And those high notes are so delicate!

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682) I especially like the left-hand part. It really supports the piece. The offset rhythm (syncopation?) at the beginning was cool.

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover) I hate to admit this, but I don't know the original. Sounds like you got creative with it, though. It must have been fun to explore what you could do with it.

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch What a nice little piece! Well-played. You give it that majestic march feel in the right places.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi I'm impressed with the playing, the memorization, and your teacher! smile Your pauses and sense of timing are just right.

11. Monica K. - The Meadow Beautiful piece -- your playing is so smooth and soothing.

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major Nice idea in putting these two pieces together. The second has a bit of a lilt that I really enjoyed.

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend Good job, Cheryl! You're bringing out the melody nicely. It has a yearning feeling to it that really comes out in the high notes.

14. CMohr - I Should Care I really like what you're doing with your jazz work. You must be inspired. Be sure to thank your teacher!

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 I love this piece. Thanks for playing it! Chopin's music is amazing, isn't it? This one is on my list to learn.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto Good work on the dynamics. Nice playing.

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three Your improvising is really enjoyable to listen to. I liked #2 especially. And I learned a new word -- "threnody".

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya I like that second part. You're getting some nice movement there.

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme Wow -- three days to learn? You must have been inspired. I enjoyed listening. Hope your friend did too. smile

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade I always like your compositions. Nice playing.

21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance Nice arrangement! Quite interesting.

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em Thank you for playing! Very nice. Welcome to the ABF recital. Glad you joined us.

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!) This piece cannot be played too many times -- it's a classic! smile Sweet. Love your ornaments.

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4 Wow, that's complex! Very interesting piece. I like how you shape the phrases to help it make sense to the listener.

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are I like how light those chords are. It really lets you hear the right-hand work.

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads "Almost heaven…" I love John Denver. Thanks for playing this! smile

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man) Enjoyed your performance! I admire your ability to play this by ear and sing while you're playing.

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) Nice playing, Carl. I wonder if it would be more melancholic if you slow it down a bit, or maybe add more rubato?

29. serge88 - Your Song You sound really comfortable with this, like you've made it your own. That made it fun to listen to.

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach This sounds like a tough one! You have the hand independence down.

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail I like your interpretation of this song. I prefer the tempo that you were working up to toward the end.

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor I would love to hear this as an organ piece. It just has that organ feel to it. But I certainly like your piano version too.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor Mezmerizing… the more I listened, the more I liked it. What did you do about 1:10 in? Switch to emphasizing the left hand? It suddenly starts sounding more romantic somehow. I liked that.

34. Mohan Karthik - So far away I like the way you vary the dynamics to move the piece along.

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee Nice phrasing. You build the music nicely throughout the piece. And then I like how you return to the simple melody at the end.

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture Wow, this was a project! That's some tricky Christmas music. When I play Christmas music, I stick to the basics -- simple chords in the left hand, and single notes in the right. That's one of the things with medleys -- it can be difficult to connect the different parts. You did well, though.

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante Andy, I love it. You have such a nice touch for Mozart. I played the first movement of this sonata a couple recitals ago but haven't worked on this movement yet.

39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935 Oh, no… If you tell us what you hate, you have to also tell us what you like! I like: the nice even tempo, the light trills, the way you make it sound so easy.

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged) That's a real interesting piece, with some unexpected note combinations. I like it.

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace You have such a strong beat in your playing, it really gives your music strength and a signature.

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4 There are so many ways to play this piece. You've got the notes down, which can be a challenge, especially towards the end. For more drama, I think it would be cool to hear it slower and with even more dynamics. Maybe varying the dynamics is difficult on a digital. This was the piece I was working on when I switched from a digital to an acoustic, and I couldn't believe the difference!

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel This piece takes you through so many moods. Very interesting and nicely played.

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 Very romantic! I liked it better and better the further along it went. You draw me into it.

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 Solemn and grand. Nice playing.

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst Wow. Super job! It sounds like you're up to the challenges of this piece. Lots of energy and a happy feeling.

47. spidaman - A moment lost I'm impressed with your play-by-ear ability! Very dreamy.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement Laura, this is really nice. And inspiring, since I've just started working on this piece myself.

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto So pretty! You've got some fast finger action going on there in places. Sounds like a challenging piece. I enjoyed listening. How could anyone be bored? It's Beethoven!

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisième Recueil de Chants, op. 65. I can't hear anything to critique! It's a really nice performance -- I enjoyed listening!

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop' Great job! This piece is on my list to learn... soon, I hope! You said, "The deeper I get, the more I find." I've been discovering that about Chopin's music, too. That's part of why I love it so much. Thanks for sharing what you hear in this piece.

52. bluekeys - Invention #13 I really like the tempo the way you play it -- it's slow enough so you can still hear all the notes! But good luck with your work on speeding it up. I like your DP for this one -- nice and light.

53. custard apple - A Time for Love Thanks for playing. This was nice to listen to.

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni Sounds great -- very expressive! I really like the sound of your piano here, especial those sweet high notes.

55. Copper - Lullaby Ahhh, so sweet. My mom used to sing this song to me at bedtime. Thank you for playing it.

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails) Very pretty piece. You play it with such feeling, it takes me on a journey through time.

57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov. Haydn's music always makes me smile. I like the way you play this -- it has such a delicate feel. Fun to listen to! I want to play a Haydn sonata one day.

58. edtek - Winter Twilight You're doing fine! Nice playing. Keep up the practicing, and you'll probably find it easier and easier to learn new pieces.

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose Those chords sound complex and full. It all works great with this piece. Nice job!

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Starr Keys: Great job on playing by ear... I thought the ending was extremely effective, with all those dramatic chords leading up to the delicate closing melody line.

Thanks Monica. Finding a way to end it probably was the biggest challenge I had with it, so I appreciate the feedback. I also appreciate your going out of your way to make us newbies feel comfortable and remind people who we were so they wouldn't be too rough on us. thumb

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member

My Final Batch ...the ones in the middle.

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads
Nice job Walt. Know this tune well. It you play the melody legato it will bring it up a notch. Thanks for sharing.

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man)
Very nice performance Bill thumb I love the rhythmic feel between your two hands. Very full sounding and impressive. Your singing really fits this tune well.

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust)
Sounds really good Strings & Wood. Nice job. A little more legato would bring it up to the next level.

29. serge88 - Your Song
Very well done Serge. Love this tune. I play it only by ear. You really made it your own. Sounds like the real deal.

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach
Pretty impressive for 2 years. Keep it up!

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail
Nice job Augustina and such a nice tune. I enjoyed it.

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor
Not bad Undone. You're doing well. Very enjoyable performance.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor
As always, wonderful playing and beautiful touch. I want to play like you when I grow up. Such a delicate sound.

34. Mohan Karthik - So far away
Your own composition! Sounds really nice. Good work. Very 'New Age'

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee
You're improvising too? Wow great job.

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze
Success at bringing out the melody! Beautiful.

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture
Beautiful rendition. I was a little surprised at the loud opening. It looks like your
recorder took a second to adjust. But sounded very good after. Very nicely balanced chords. You should have submitted this at the last recital (for seasonality's sake smile )

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante
Very nice playing Andy. I liked it a lot. Volume was a little low. This one was so good

that I wished I could hear with more range. Now I see why, this is a DP. With your
skill you should enjoy playing this on an acoustic. Surprising nice sound for this

digital. Shows how much control you have.

39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935
Wonderful playing. Too much reverb though. You don't need that. You play very well. The
evenness of your notes is outstanding and just brilliant notes. Very enjoyable.

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged)
Not bad at all Christine. You're doing well in your piano journey. Time to learn some jazz? It least it's great to know another jazz fan!

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace
Well done Cathy! You can safely add this to your repertoire and I'm sure it will be often requested. You keep sounding better and better each recital.

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4
Sounds great Philzpiano. I think you can safely add pedal here. It can be assumed even without it being stated on the music as long as you lift up for every change in harmony. Beautiful tune, and of the few classical tunes I play. Make the RH completely

legato as well. Not bad for 18 months!

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel
Pretty piece and enjoyable playing Mike. Looks pretty challenging rhythmically. Good work.

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2
Very nice! I'm sure there's more to appreciate here but recording quality and piano

was a little on the lower quality side. Perhaps some lighter touches in some spots would bring it up a notch. Fun listen!

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24
Lovely piece and lovely playing. Very nice touch. Obviously not a beginner

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst
Nice peppy piece Shirokuro. A fun performance and I liked it!

47. spidaman - A moment lost
You played this well spidaman. I always appreciate those who can play by ear. Great work. You're doing well in your piano journey.

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
I'm lagging behind the fast stream of feedback!

02. wouter79 - the entertainer
You’re doing incredibly well for only 1yr under your belt. Sounded great, flowed perfectly.

Thanks TTigg!

#2 wouter79. Love this piece and especially your even, relaxed tempo with it. Encourage you to add more contrast between the sections. Nice job on that Grotrian.

Thanks WiseBuff. Yes I think you suggest that the third part might be even more lyrical. But I'm not sure how to pull that off. The bass keeps the same umm-pah pattern most of the time. Any suggestions?

02. wouter79 - the entertainer Overall very good job. A couple of slips and pauses here and there. Watch the synchronization between your hands -- they get a little off at times. Ragtime pieces should be a little jauntier -- more bounce. Work on keeping the tempo more even -- there are surges and pauses that shouldn't be there.

eps, thanks for the very detailed comments! You did not even play, so all the more thanks for taking all the effort to make comments here

Yes I take just a little time between the 4 parts, not because it's written but it allows me a brief recovery and to think how the next part is starting smile

And the sync issue, yes thanks, it's an issue I'm aware of but I'm not sure yet how I want to deal with it. I want to keep the hands a bit free in order to play rubato independently with both hands.

And the pauses, yes these are minor flubs... Not thinking ahead far enough I think.

For the bouncyness, I'm all in for it! But if I play it like that now I usually screw up badly after a few minutes because I get over-enthousiastic laugh I think I'll eventually get to that.

Well I nearly skipped this one as it wasn't played on a DP! But I had a listen anyway and thought it was really well played.

Thanks for listening anyway! Glad that you liked it.

2. Wouter79 - This is such a fun piece. I worked on a very simplified version of it about a year and half ago when I was doing the Legacy course. Later I tried playing the complete Joplin score and I know how hard it is to maintain that tempo throughout but you made it seem easy. I couldn’t believe you could play this well after only one year. Thanks for giving me the feedback on the the deplorable condition of my piano’s bass and clearing up for me that it wasn’t my deplorable playing of it you were referring to. I was concerned about one or two notes that didn’t ring out in the bass when I bought it, but I thought that was only because it needed to be tuned.

the Legacy course?
Yes there is some issue with your bass. Maybe a technician can fix it?

02. wouter79 - the entertainer You have such good control on the dynamics. Nice!

Thanks Mary!

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This is a very competent and jaunty rendition and all this after only playing one year! Wow! You kept a good balance between hands which can be pretty tricky on this one.

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen
I enjoyed this beautiful piece very much. Your phrasing brings out the beauty of this melody.

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2
Your self-teaching is very effective. This is a very impressive performance of a classic work.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto
This piece has a quiet beauty. Your performance is appropriately understated and quite good.

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze
This is a lovely recording and performance – suitable for framing. Your piano has a ringing treble that does, in fact, bring out the soprano part in this transcription.

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst
I am not familiar with this work or composer. Your comment is correct – this does bring out a bit of sunshine to a dreary day. An interesting piece.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I tried taking notes after listening to the first 10 pieces, but after looking at some of the comments by others I realize that being a complete beginner hack, I don't have the listening or playing experience to make worthwhile individual comments. So I'm just going to say that everyone did a great job. Some of the pieces made me want to dance, some were beautiful and relaxing, and I really admire those who composed original pieces. You've all done a beautiful job and I hope to be as good some day. Bravo!!!!

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MaryBee

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni Sounds great -- very expressive! I really like the sound of your piano here, especial those sweet high notes.

Thanks Mary!
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Here's my next batch of comments...

11. Monica K. - The Meadow Very nicely played. There is a haunting beauty to this piece, and the sudden shifts to the minor key add tension. The piano sounds good, too!

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major John, an interesting medley. A few minor slips, but nothing major. There were some hesitations that seemed too long, but they did not bore me into not listening wink Nice bridge between the two pieces. The second waltz seems jauntier and is a great way to conclude the Schubert. Very nice.

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend From a technical standpoint, you are overdriving the recorder -- set the volume lower or move it further from the piano. The playing seems very controlled but the touch seems heavy (again, could be the recorder). Thanks for submitting this.

14. CMohr - I Should Care The ballodic approach to this is interesting, but the piece still carries a jazz feel -- nicely done. It may just be me, but I'd prefer to see the pedal cleared a little more often -- there is a lot of blurring in the left and right hands as you carry it over so much. You played this with a nice touch.

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 This is one of my favorite Chopin pieces! Overall you played this well. Some major slips in the middle and the tempo seems a little slow. Still, and overall good effort! I did listen to all of it!

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto Nice control of the dynamics, good overall touch. Well played!

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three Very mellow jazz sound. Thanks!

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya boy, you couldn't ask for two more different feeling pieces to put together, yet it works. Very nicely done.

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme Hmmm... when I saw "Odin" I expected some Norse sounding piece. This is a very delicate piece and you played it well -- nice phrasing and touch!

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade A couple of initial things hit me: 1) too much pedal -- clear it more often and, 2) the hands seemed out of sync at times. The piece is interesting and you played it well. I'm not sure if there are supposed to be more dynamic changes in it, but you might consider that.

More to follow.

Ed

"...a man ... should engage himself with the causes of the harmonious combination of sounds, and with the composition of music." Anatolius of Alexandria
[Linked Image]
YouTube Channel
L
L
Just some more random comments. My school work is starting to catch up to me so I won't be able to do many more for the time being.

LisztAddict: really pretty. Your piano sounds great too. One of these days I’ll get around to playing some classical music.
GlassLove: Perfectly played! Very nice and pretty song too.
Jotur: Very nice job. I thought I heard a key changing could be wrong though? Sounded nice
Spidaman: Wow great job on doing this by ear. I also love David Nevue’s pieces!
Copper: Always enjoy this piece. It is pretty. Nice job.
Edtek: Another david nevue piece! Very nice. Your hard work paid off!

I am currently uploading all of my written piano sheets onto my blog to make things easier. I also have written out a few more sheets. All free check it out if you want smile Any questions, PM me

http://myuniquepianomusic.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/paws1528
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

Performances 41-50

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace Very nice playing Cathy. I enjoyed the evenness of the tempo and relaxed control you have over the entire piece. The slowed down ending was the best part.

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4 Lots of dynamic control and gentle emotion went into this performacne. Very nice.

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel Mike I always look forward to your performances as they are so well played and usually come from within. (fellow noodler!) You have such a smooth flow that I try to emulate when I can control myself! nice job.

[b]44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2
I love the classic sound of your piano as it works extremely well with this performance. Nicely played.

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 Another crisp and clasic sounding piano along with a top notch recording. I loved the high end delicate right hand chords used best. Nice job.

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst Shiro the first thoughts while listening are wow, she's gotten pretty darn good and jazzy too!. You cosmopolitan women you. One of my recital favorites for sure. Keep up the good great work.

47. spidaman - A moment lost Oohh a beautiful and gently flowing piece. Who doesn't love that?, especially played with so much emotion as you have. Very nice indeed.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement This piece is so nice it's almost like cheating! Good thing your performance lived up to the beauty of the tune. Excellent performance.

[b]49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. Wow. Make that a Super wow!. I loved the rolling chords used as well as the incredible sound of your perfect recording. Only useful tip....just a bit less silence in the begining as I thought my stereo stopped working until the music finally came. Nice trills too btw.

[b]50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisième Recueil de Chants, op. 65.
Okay this was top notch stuff. I would even go as far as saying professional sounding. Great playing, great sounding piano, great recording. Tough to beat this!

Last edited by mr_super-hunky; 02/19/11 05:07 PM.

Here’s my second set of comments, again grouped thematically. This time it's the new age-y performances:

03 – Peyton: This is one of your prettiest melodies, I think. I watched the video and kept looking at your left hand to see what pattern you were playing; it looks rather tricky. I really liked the last minute or so when you shifted up an octave.

06 – cgyan: That’s a gorgeous piece, and you play it well. It suited well my mood on this carefree weekend day with a hint of spring in the air. The video itself was terrific. I’m going to have to try to duplicate that camera angle.

08 – mr_super-hunky: I think this is one of your most creative arrangements yet. And those really low bass notes show off your BB at its best… wow Say, weren’t you going to swap it for my A? wink

10 – CarlosCC: I am, as always, delighted to see Einaudi represented in the recitals, and you have chosen my all-time favorite piece to play. You do a wonderful job of conveying the feeling of flowing water, and I’m impressed at how you’re able to jump down and hit those low G’s in the bass without any hesitation whatsoever… I *still* can’t do that!

19 – Mati: Anime music just keeps getting better and better. Your performance was outstanding. I was enjoying the piece so much I thought maybe I should download the sheet music, right up until 1:32 when you started doing those bass tremolos and that wicked fast run. eek The video quality was top-notch, too; what did you use to record it?

20 – TrueBeginner: I always enjoy your compositions, TB. If it weren’t for your login name, I’d think you were a long-time pro.

34 – Mohan: I think your composition shows an impressive depth and complexity, especially when you consider it’s your FIRST composition! This is one of my favorites of the recital.

47 – spidaman: previously commented on.

54 – Ttigg: Yay! Another Einaudi piece! Hope it’s just the first of many from you. I loved your video; seeing the photos from SF interspersed with your playing reminded me of the first Einaudi concert I went to there. smile

56 – ddh: I wasn’t sure how to classify this piece, but since the composer is still living and performing, I figure it’s close enough to new age. laugh I enjoyed the image of a long string of preschoolers from a daycare walking down a street roped together; your playing captures well the innocence and delight of the scene.

58 – Edtek: Nevue is an amazing composer who manages to squeeze a lot of beauty into very spare arrangements. You did a great job of controlling the very slow tempo effectively. As you pointed out, though, the memo recorder was not kind to the dynamics of the piece.

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by wouter79

the Legacy course?

http://www.learnandmaster.com/piano/

Last edited by Starr Keys; 02/19/11 06:13 PM.
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission