2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 8 invisible), 1,410 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
M
M
Andy,

Oh, I forgot about that laugh

"Music is the shorthand of emotion."
Leo Tolstoy
[Linked Image]

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Hey all!
I just finished watching the videos from the recital. I have to tell you how great they all are. In particular, Hawgdriver- I really liked the B&W video, nice touch. And TTigg-What a great video! I love all the San Francisco photos in there. My husband went to school there (a long time ago)and we are so familiar with all those places! Thanks for bringing back some great memories along with your beautiful music.
LaValse-I don't know if it's just me, but I thought the sound on your video was much better than just the audio here, and I loved watching you play the Scriabin!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen
Thanks Mel, for the background, a lovely piece indeed. I enjoyed it much.

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1
Nice job of delivering the melody note Sam. The hesitations and bobbles were there, but overall I think the musicality of your piano playing keeps getting better with each recital. I enjoyed listening.

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria

Outstanding playing cgyan.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by CMohr
LaValse-I don't know if it's just me, but I thought the sound on your video was much better than just the audio here, and I loved watching you play the Scriabin!

I agree, the video offers much better audio quality, but there is one thing terribly wrong--someone stole the rest of his Op. 9/1 nocturne!! Put out an APB, we need to get it back! wink I'm tremendously impressed with the playing, this is where I hope to arrive one day.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
#58. edtec- Six months well spent. Yea, it is a shame the recording quality was not better but it was good enough to still appreciate your playing. Well done!!

#52. Bluekeys- Hey the way you described it I was not ready for something so nicely played. If you ask me I wouldn't be too concerned with getting it up to 100.. It's quality over quantity and you played it wonderfully. I listened to it on youtube)

#50- Bunneh- I enjoyed that greatly. It had a bit of a dreamy quality. Very smoothly played.

#48- Laura- I can never get enough of the Moonlight. You played it with just the right amount of feeling.

#46- Shiro- Wow, very interesting piece. It sounds really tough to play but you are having fun.

#43. Mike White- Another very interesting piece. I really enjoyed your playing....

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three Very nice! Wonderful to listen to. Your "free-play" is so very nicely put together, and the ideas fit well. It sounds like you had fun playing them too, which makes it fun for the listener. I think I like the middle one best.

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade Great job! (Is it just me, or are there more original compositions with each recital? Or does my jealousy make it just seem that way?)

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935
I was surprised at how good this sounded after reading your “I hate my …" comments on the submission page. You play very well.

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged)
This is a very cool arrangement. I’ve only heard the Tommy Dorsey version of this and was expecting something much more uptempo. I like your rendition a lot.

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace
This song always reminds me of the scene in Coal Miner’s Daughter where the men are standing around the fire outside drinking while the women sing this song in the cabin after Loretta’s father’s death. A powerful and moving song that you played with just the right amount of reverence and restraint. Very cool tempo change at the end. Nice

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em I really enjoyed your performance! A wonderful recital debut! By the way, I love Em smile

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!) Great job, and another wonderful first-recital submission! This is one the first pieces I remember learning to play-- as an adult! So listening to your performance brought back many nice memories! Thank you for sharing your recording!

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are I really enjoyed this recording, and I am definitely getting some jazz-envy this recital. smile Great job!

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) Nice job! I am not familiar with this piece, but I enjoyed listening to it!

29. serge88 - Your Song This is one of my favorite Elton John songs, so I was excited to hear your version of it. And indeed, you don't disappoint!

Random comment-- anybody else notice the folks who have a number in experience but don't say what the number is? 2? 2 months? 2 years? grin

Random comment 2 -- doing a recording and submitting it is like taking a test, you don't *really* know the material until after the test! I've been playing my piece so much better these last few days, now that I'm done recording! :p

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
P.S. Thank you sooo much to everyone who has commented on my piece so far: Inlanding, Andy Platt, CMohr, Hawgdriver, MartinJB, BenPiano, Peyton, I really appreciate it! I am planning on playing this piece on Saturday at my teacher's studio class, so I will keep all of your positive remarks in my head and hopefully stave off some of the jitters!!

(Stave?? is that a word??)

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
(Stave?? is that a word??)

Yes ... and a pun too since stave is a (chiefly British) alternative form of staff!

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
32 Undone - Toccata in D minor, Bach
A beautiful piece, and you have played it very nicely with good dynamics and touch (within the limitations of the digital). Quite a satisfying performance overall.

33 LisztAddict - Prelude in B minor, Bach/Siloti
Satisfaction guaranteed. This is perfect. What a wonderful touch you have. This is not my favorite piece, but I haven't heard it played better.

34 Mohan Karthik - So Far Away, Karthik
I can hear the references to your inspirational pieces, but it's definitely not a copycat piece. I love the way you build to a crashing tension level and then the quiet resolution. Nice indeed.

35 ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee, Sarah Flower Adams
Nice arrangement. I particularly like the second chorus. A beautiful rendition of a beloved hymn.

36 MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze, Bach/Petri
One of my favorite Bach cantatas. You play it divinely. Thanks for the link to the Emma Kirkby performance. It is amazing.

37 FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture
Debra, you know I like this from my earlier comments in the piano bar. I continue to be impressed upon revisiting it. A supremely challenging (and long) piece. You play it beautifully with nice dynamics and touch.

38 Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante
Perfection is asking a lot with Mozart, Andy. This performance is musically satisfying and well done.

39 Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935, Bach
Edwin, you're too hard on yourself. A trill or two could use some work, yes, but hate is too strong a word. This is a musical performance and the dance-like accents, though unconventional, seem to work for me.

40 GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India, Rimsky-Korsakov
I enjoyed your performance. Very nice.

41 jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace
Cathy, believe it or not, Amazing Grace was to have been my piece for this recital as well. I like this arrangement by Joe, although it's not the one I was working on. You kept a nice steady rhythm throughout the piece. I found myself singing along. Wonderful job.

42 PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4, Chopin
Phil, that voice makes your Casio sound amazing. I hate the sound of mine. You have the dynamics of this piece spot on. An amazing accomplishment at 18 months of experience.

43 Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel, Astor Piazzola
I always enjoy Latin dance pieces. This is no exception. Well done, Mike. It sounds quite difficult to play well.

44 MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2, Brahms
I agree with you. The piece is quite beautiful. Chiaki is right, too, though. It is sentimental, and there are a lot of different themes here. Fortunately, I like sentimental pieces. Nice performance.

45 Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24, Tchaichovsky
This is beautiful. You've done more than just overcome performance anxiety. You have a wonderful touch, and you play this with dynamics and feeling. Why do I always think "wisebutt" when I see your name, though? A personal failing of mine, no doubt.

46 ShiroKuro - Sunburst, Andrew York
What an interesting and fun piece. I haven't heard this before. It sounds incredibly challenging to play well. Beautiful performance.

47 spidaman - A Moment Lost, David Nevue
I am unfamiliar with the piece, but it sounds very "Nevueesque". I guess that means you got it right. Very soothing.

48 Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement, Beethoven
Those rhythms are tricky, Laura, but I think your main issue is that you are rushing the piece. The music needs to breathe a bit. Slow down just a little. Most performances of this movement are something over five minutes as opposed to your 4. Overall well done, just a bit on the speedy side.

I shall listen to the rest tomorrow . . .

Last edited by TX-Dennis; 02/17/11 01:10 AM.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Here's a bunch from the top and a bunch from the bottom. Will work on the middle area next.

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3
Nice BenPiano. Not bad at all for 1.5 years of piano.

02. wouter79 - the entertainer
Very impressive playing for one year. Very even and nice tone. And yes dare we comment on the recording itself? Definitely good range even on my earphones.

03. Peyton - Angel
Nice soulfull rendition Peyton! Your originals do come from the soul and we can sense it. BTW I was about to say the piano needs tuning smile And then I read the reference. LOL. I guess you knew what we were going to say. I didn't have a problem with the low register but my confusion was more rhythmic. Perhaps you could make that more consistent. As always such excellent piano playing.

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen
Very enjoyable Dannylux! Nice playing.

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1
Good playing sam Smith. The recording seems quite compressed though so that USB mic isn't the best here. I'm sure I would have heard even more wonderful nuances.

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria
Iain, you have a nice rhythmic feel. That sounds really good.

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682)
You played it well KeemaNan. I think though that it's either the digital or a little heaviness in the touch that lends a harsh piano sound. Maybe adjust the piano touch to heavy?

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)
Nice tune SH. Recording's too harsh though somehow. Clipping? I sound like Wouter now. But usually your recordings are just perfect.

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch
Hey I recognize that keyboard sound. Sounds a lot like my FP7F. Not bad playing. Good job for 13 months. Maybe lighten up a little on those chords.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi
That's pretty solid playing there CarlosCC. You've been working hard and it shows.

11. Monica K. - The Meadow
Very nice piano touch Monica. You're really getting there. Even your pedal is perfect. Piano sounds great.

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major
Sounds pretty solid John. Good work. Maybe a little lighter LH Chords would bring it up a notch. You already accomplish a good LH balance at times so I bet you could do it if you're aware.

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend
You're really developing very quickly Cheryl. Tone is really good. I thought perhaps all the time on the forums would take up practice time. But apparently not. Nice job.

14. CMohr - I Should Care
You sound like Bill Evans doing solo piano. What a nice touch on those chords. Really great voicings and really solid arpeggios there. Not cocktail sound at all. Sounds like jazz. I don't think many appreciate that you're coming up with these yourself so your teacher is doing a great job. Certainly one of the best performances I've heard so far in the recital.

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2
Good work Todd. Nice piece. Just some more evenness to work on there and maybe a lighter touch on those chords would bring it up another notch. Try to play with more dynamics too to raise interest. You're doing great for your time on the piano.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto
That sounds pretty good! Nice tone too.

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three
I envy your touch at every recital smile Solid rhythm this time Glen and you kept your form. Nice! Looks like your moving up in the world!

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya
Nice Ken, I haven't heard of this before and good to know another jazz lover. Sounds pretty good. it sounds rhythmically difficult and you kept it going.

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme
That was very well played Mati. Nice touch. Impressive to learn that in 3 days (well, you were motivated smile )

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade
You have nice tone there TB so you're really sounding good. The rhythm was a bit uneven though so it was distracting. If you can just solve that, you'd really be moving up fast. You'd got good technique here.

21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance
Gutsy of you to try Dolphin Dance smile I think this took me a whole year to figure out. You did a nice job of figuring out the voicings since this is not that obvious. Did you have a source or just self study?

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em (to do)
Martin what a great recital debut, and from a SoCal local at that. Pretty good work for less than a year of playing. You're doing great.

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!)
Another recital debut! Good thing you took the dip. Nice even playing and a solid performance. As advice for future development, you should work on stronger legato playing so there's less gap between notes. Hope to see you again at the next recital. If you keep doing this you'll get better fast.

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4
This is just beautiful. Scriabin has the kind of harmonies that really work for me. You're playing is wonderful. Just keeps getting better. Keep sailing!

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are
You need a lot of work bro'. And everyone thinks your ending sucks so work on it.

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement
Very nice! Wonderful tone. A little hesitation on the RH there and the RH seems to be swallowed up sound wise so maybe more dynamic alteration of the LH. Are you just learning this? Otherwise, fabulous playing.

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto
Excellent work grotrianer. Touch and evenness is outstanding on single note melodies. Maybe more balance on some chords where a single note stands out more than intended (just a few instances at the beginning). Very impressive.

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisième Recueil de Chants, op. 65.
Impressive touch and dynamics! At 2.5 years? Wow. Really good control. You've been working hard.

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop'
Excellent work Hawgdriver and impressive for a short time at the piano. You'll be going places! Time for some 10/1 smile

52. bluekeys - Invention #13
Lovely bluekeys! You've certainly matured with your touch at the piano. It sounds great with your legato and tone and very nicely even on both hands. I myself have not dabbled in Bach but everyone tells me I should. But so little time...

53. custard apple - A Time for Love
Great work! I recognize this arrangement -- from Dave Frank? smile Time to put some solos in there. You have a very nice touch with this.

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni
Nice sounding Steve! Touch is improving for sure so that means you've been practicing hard. Maybe lighten up a litle on the LH. Think of which voice you want to stand out at each moment and adjust accordingly. Good to have you over here btw.

55. Copper - Lullaby
Nice Lullaby Copper and good tone going there. Nice gentle touch. Watch the pedal at the end.

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails)
Good work ddh. Maybe soften the LH some more. It would have more contrast.

57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov. ]
Sounds good mcasl! I think you need to work on evenning out the rhythm here so it sounds consistent to the listener. Nice touch and really good work for 2 years.

58. edtek - Winter Twilight
Good work edtek. Although you say the dynamics doesn't change, you can tell though because of the different tone of the piano so you were doing it thumb. But try to create a wider dynamic range (exaggerate especially during practice). I like it!

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose
You just played this by ear? Good ear my friend! As far as playing it, see if you can have a less harsher touch on the piano. Perhaps some technique building could help that. Learn to create contrasts with dynamics. Do this and you'll jump to the next level, I promise you smile

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
F
#11 Monica K. - What a beautiful piece. You played it expressively from the beginning to the end. I closed my eyes and totally enjoyed the world you led us in - for me it was a moon-lit ocean and the forgotten beach.

#12 John Frank - I loved your Franz Schubert's piece. You captured the melody very well and I like your sensitive playing style, something I would like to acquire. The second one,Samuel Maykapar's piece, this is the first time for me. It's a really fun piece and you did well. I think you had fun playing this one.

#13 CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Well done. I was worried about your hand. Is it well enough to play? I liked your expressions and dynamics.

#14 CMohr - Like it a lot. You opened my eyes (ears?) to Jazz. It's beautiful and sounds like Jazz allows so much more personal freedom, I am just reading your comments. It's neat.

#15 Todd Vance - BEAUTIFUL. I love this waltz. It's an accomplishment to play this one through. It was very pianistic. I particularly loved the B section.

#16 Joangolfing - You played this piece very well. expertly. I hear plenty of dynamics. Well done.

#17 Inlanding - Glen - You are soooo good. I totally enjoyed it. You are so free. I like your style.

#18 Ken. - Great. You played so smoothly and effortlessly. You are right. It's a fun piece with lots of interesting notes and rhythm.

#19 Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - You learned this in 3 days! It is a very interesting and gougeous piece. I have to put you in the naturally gifted category.

#20 True Beginner - I seriously suggest changing your forum name to TruelyGifted or . You are so talented in both performance and composition. It is incredibly beautiful. Thank you

F

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
F
I would like to thank everyone who took time to comment on mine. I would comment back when I can. I cannot do it now. My report is due tomorrow.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Congratulations to all the participations. We spent an enjoyable evening listen all the pieces.

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3 - Beautifull waltz and you played with a great sense of felling. Great start!

02. wouter79 - the entertainer - I learned to play this version after 3/4 months of having started to learn piano. Even today I play it because everyone loves it and is a lively and rhythmic music. I think you made to keep the rhythm of music, but IMHO it seems to lack a little "joy" in interpretation. Nevertheless, you did a good job. Btw: I heard more than the 1st note...

03. Peyton - Angel - I think all those who send originals are very brave! My wife cringed when he heard this song and was thrilled when she realized that you had lost a friend. You made him a beautiful tribute, full of feeling. Well played and felt. Congratulations!

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen - I really enjoyed listening to this piece. Very beautiful and played very surprising. One day I'll try to play this... Well done!

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1 - Very good interpretation. Very beautifull. Nice job!

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria - Wow, I did not know Giovanni Allevi but I was very moved by this music. Very, very good! I love it: great sound, great rhythm, and very well played!

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682) - I'm not a big fan of Henry Purcell, but I liked to listen to this piece. Good job.

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover) - Great music of Rick Wright, and you caught exactly the spirit of it. Well done!

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch - It's always nice to hear a march! You played it very well and you managed to keep the proper rhythm. Congratulations!

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi - Well, that's me smile - I know many of you don't appreciate Einaudi, but I learned a lot from the variations of rhythm and touch with his music. At the same time it gives me peace of mind playing songs of this genre. Thanks for listening.

11. Monica K. - The Meadow - Beautifull melody; I love it. This is very enjoyable. Great job!

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major - What a nice medley you did! The two waltz work well together and you did a great transition. Nice!

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend - Good start with your new acoustic. Very enjoyable. Good job.

14. CMohr - I Should Care - Nice harmony, with a bit of jazz. It's a pleasure to hear that performance. Congratulations.

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 - And we got to Chopin! This piece is well chosen because, besides being beautiful, it demonstrates the dedication and passion who play it. Nice job.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto - Very pleasent sonata and you played it very smoothly. Nice job!

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three - Another (almost) original work with lots of free play. Very pleasent and enjoyable. I love the way you play!

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya - I did not knew Monk work, but I like this medley. IMHO is a litle bit repetitive but funny. Nice!

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme - Only 3 days for learning? Wow, that's great! Nice recording, too. (btw: what's the computer game?)

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade - Very nice original piece (another brave!). You played it full of feeling. Congratulations.

21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance - A litle bit of jazz surroundig this piece, but with constrasts that result in a nice harmony. Nice job.

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em - What a great start for your first recital! Very pleasent and enjoyable. Well done!

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!) - Amazing for only 4 months of practicing. Keep the good work!

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4 - Wow, this is very impressive. I did not know this piece, but I really enjoyed listening. Thanks.

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are - Another brilliant Jazz improvisation made by you. Very good! I love it!

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads - Very pleasent to listen. I like this calm version. You made a good job!

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man) - Your voice is unmistakable! When I saw the name "BillM" I was not recognizing you, but after hearing the first words I recognized you immediately. Good work!

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) - Realy nice Schumann piece. I like how you mix the notes without losing the sense of melody. Good job and nice recording, too.

29. serge88 - Your Song - What a pleasent and "clear" version! You take it very well!

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach - I can't imagine how difficult this piece can be... wow, good job and great LH work!

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail - What a charmimg and pleasent song. You play it very good. (where's the airplane...?)

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor - If this is "where you are" then let me say that you are in the right direction. What a work! Congratulations.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor - I was expecting a different sound from Batch. This is just perfect!

34. Mohan Karthik - So far away - Another original piece, and another impressive work. Very smooth and beautifull. (Please, write it on paper and share w/ us; I'll give it a try.)

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee - Very good arrangement. I like the way you play: full of joy.

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze - You did a great job, and I think you reach the intention of turning this in a beautifull piano solo piece.

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture - Lol, your "aditional info" is so funny. In my opinio you did a great job, and the result is a beautifull piece.

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante - This is the kind of pieces that is always enjoyable to listen. Very "fresh" and well played.

39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935 - I like you trills! I'm not a specialist in Bach, but i think that you play it very, very well!

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged) - I have never heard his piece, and it seams very well palyed and pleasent.

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace - This is a tune that everyone knows, and it was nice to hear it. Good work!

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4 - Very nice played in a dificult piece. I loved hearing it!

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel - Great pice os Piazzolla. And you did get the Piazzolla environment. Great!

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 - Wow, nicely played; full of feeling and very pleasent to listening.

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 - This is new for me, and I realy love it. You have a special feeling for this one. Beautifull!

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst - Wow, guitar to piano arrangement? That's cool. You did a great job!

47. spidaman - A moment lost - Very good for someone playing by ear. Beautifull piece and excelent interpretation.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement - I'm glade you bring this to PW. For me, it's just fine. You did it very well!

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto - Wow, I believe it's a challenge; full of transitions and diferent melodys, but it works. Great!

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisième Recueil de Chants, op. 65. - I can see you enjoy it because you play it very, very well. You say "it's so much easier than it sounds"... well, that's easy after you learn it, right? Good job!

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop' - Leon, you are a brave. Only 15 months playing piano and you play like this? And the worst is the fact that you "offer" me a problem, because my wife (who is listening the recital with me) already said: "Carlos, no more Einaui! Your next attempt will be Chopin. I LOVE IT!"

52. bluekeys - Invention #13 - bluekeys, that's amazing. And I think you get the exact "tempo". Nice work!

53. custard apple - A Time for Love - You play it very well. Very smooth and enjoyable. Congratulations.

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni - TTig, like me you choose an Einaudi piece. I like your interpretation. Congratulations! ("I Giorni" is in my queue).

55. Copper - Lullaby - This is a very sweet played melody. It remembers me of my kids when they were litle babies. Thanks!

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails) Thanks for sharing a Alain Lefèvre piece. I have never heard this. It's beautifull and you did a great job. Good recording, too.

57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov. - Hola! Beautifull sonata and I think it's "fluidid" enough. Good job!

58. edtek - Winter Twilight - edtek, doesn't matter the time you (we) take to learn a piece. The importante it's the felling you put on it. And you did a great job. Congratulations.

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose - Very good arrangement! I can play the easy version of this, and this is realy better. Congratulations, it's beautifull.

Last edited by CarlosCC; 02/17/11 07:32 AM.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
C
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
C
Many thanks Carlos and Jazzwee.
Yes, JW, A Time for Love was inspired by the Dave Frank masterclass.
Right now I have realised that I need to work on familiarisation with tonality. Today I improvised over a B maj progression and found this key the most difficult/unfamiliar.
After I become more comfortable with improvising over progressions, I definitely want to start creating my own solos over tunes.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I deliberately tried not to look at titles and composers, so apologies if original composition and I got something different to intent. I didn't know who was playing either... (honest).

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3 image that came to mind

02. wouter79 - the entertainer image that came to mind

03. Peyton - Angel image that came to mind

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen image that came to mind

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1 image that came to mind

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria image that came to mind

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682) image that came to mind

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover) image that came to mind (sorry!

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch image that came to mind

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by LaValse
I deliberately tried not to look at titles and composers, so apologies if original composition and I got something different to intent.

Very original idea!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CarlosCC
Originally Posted by LaValse
I deliberately tried not to look at titles and composers, so apologies if original composition and I got something different to intent.

Very original idea!

+1

Last edited by Peyton; 02/17/11 08:11 AM.

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
La Valse - what a great idea!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission