2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
46 members (Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, 5 invisible), 1,240 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
L
L
1. Benpiano: That was so delicately played. Very nicely done!
2. Wouter79: Perfectly played! Great job
3. Peyton: It was a very pretty song. Wonderful melody
4. Dannylux: Very pretty. Nicely played
5. Sam Smith: Very enjoyable to listen too.
6. Cygan: This was a neat song! Your piano sounds so nice too
7. KeemaNan: Great!
8. Mr SH: Nicely played! Haven’t heard the song before but enjoyed it. Also on a side note, I did get a laugh out of your “self-review” of yourself lol. Personally banging the keys might be a way of showing you had fun with the piece!
9. Pianosaurus Rex: Nicely done!
10. CarlosCC: Always enjoy Einaudi. Great job on this
11. Monica K: Very pretty song. Never watched any of the Twighlight movies though. Probably never will either lol. Not my thing but liked the song!
12. John Frank: This was a nice piece to listen too. Very pretty waltz.

I am currently uploading all of my written piano sheets onto my blog to make things easier. I also have written out a few more sheets. All free check it out if you want smile Any questions, PM me

http://myuniquepianomusic.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/paws1528
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by hawgdriver
Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky
02. wouter79 - the entertainer I must be honest in saying that I was looking for a reason to slam you for something. ANYTHING!, but I couldn't as you gave me nothing to work with in that respect. SO....., I think you did a very nice job with this piece. Playing, timing, even the recording itself was very good. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I listened a couple more times and I think I was just on edge to be critical (I have no idea what LH melodies I imagined existed)--I'm not sure how this piece could be improved. I'm sure there are things, but beyond my ken. Good job Dubya.

LOL, so everyone seems to be needling wouter about something - must've been a comment he made on a thread I didn't read. Sorry folks, been super-busy this month; hence, why I missed this recital. frown

Anywho, the only way he can "improve" this piece is to graduate and play the full 1902 version . He should be able to do this as he improves. smile

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
01 BenPiano, Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3, Brahms
As you say, short and sweet.

02 wouter79 - The Entertainer, Scott Joplin
Excellent! You keep a nice even rhythm throughout. That's not so easy with this piece. Good dynamics as well. I didn't know Grotrian made digital pianos. smirk

03 Peyton - Angel, P. Higgison
A lovely melody, Peyton. I like the way you echo the melody in a lower register in parts of this. Nice ending, too.

04 dannylux - Morgen, Richard Strauss
Beautiful!

05 Sam Smith - Song Without Words, Opus 19 No. 1, Mendelssohn
You did a nice job bringing out the melody. I think that's the biggest challenge of this piece.

06 cgyan (Iain), Aria, Giovanni Allevi
Nice job, Iain. I haven't heard this one before. You play it with a deft touch and wonderful dynamics. Having not heard the original ending, I must say that yours fits the mood of the piece well.

07 KeemaNan - A New Ground, Henry Purcell
That piece has some really challenging ornamentation. You handled it well. Very fun.

08 Mr Super Hunky (hey - didn't you used to be hyphenated?) - The Great Gig in the Sky, Rick Wright
Your arrangement really highlights the bass of your piano, something that's a bit lacking in mine. I do like what you've done with this classic, Bernie. Wonderful job!

09 Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch, Carl Czerny
I don't know this one. Nice job.

10 CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi, Ludovico Einaudi
Carlos, you play this very well. You have a nice touch. Well done.

Monica K. - The Meadow, Alexandre Desplat
Hmmm . . . I didn't think I'd heard this one before, but I found myself anticipating the next phrase several times. I don't know where, but I have heard it before. A beautiful piece played expertly.

JohnFrank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major, Franz Schubert & Samuel Maykapar
Interesting medley, John. I like your transition. I'm so tired this evening, and you played these like a soothing lullaby. It must be time for bed.

I think that's all for tonight. I'm pretty tired after working 13 hours today. When I'm tired I start to get silly. No need for alcohol.

Last edited by TX-Dennis; 02/15/11 11:03 PM. Reason: tae poes

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member
F
#1 Ben piano - Liked a lot. Your senstive playing and expressiveness. it sounded very pianistic. You have a very nice touch.

#2 wouter79 - You played it very nice and made me dance. I bet you had a lot of fun playing this one.

#3 Peyton - What a warm and kind piece filled with memory. I hear conversations, saw beautiful sceanary.. perhaps from years past. Thank you for sharing it. You play like a pro by the way. I am sure you know that.

#4 dannylux / Mel - I have never heard of the piece. It is beautiful. Did you play it on the valentine's day? Excellent performance.

#5 Sam Smith - Mendelssohn! You played it very well. I heard all the parts and singing melodies on top. Good job.

#6 cgyan (Iain)- I cannot believe you are only playing 11 months. You seem to have everything. technique, expression and phrazing. keep up with your good work. what more can I say.

#7 KeemaNan - Wonderful rendition of Purcell. I loved it. Did not know he was English.

#8 Mr Super Hunky - You are amazing. I think it's better than the original. At times, it's so powerful that it sounded like coming from 2 pianos. Good job.

#9 Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - I played the piece when I was a child. But it was not anywhere near the quality of your performance. if you can do this in a year, can you imagine what you can do in 2 years. I am really impressed with you - your scale runs are even and smooth. you even addedd expressions. Wow. commenting is becoming a very humbling experience now.

#10 CarlosCC -You played it very beautifully. So this is the famous Ludovico Einaudi that many people are raving about. Believe it or not, I have never heard his piece. Now I feel like I gotta buy one. Thank you.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)

Very enjoyable rendition, Mr. S-H! I loved the deep bass chords - sounded "thunderous" as it should, and it resonated well.

As a long time Pink Floyd fan (reminds me of High School when I listened in an altered state of consciousness (lol) ), the only thing missing was that gospel lady humming the melody...lol. Other than that, loved it! Kudos to you for composing this yourself as well.

My next request..."Riders on the Storm" by The Doors. Ray Manzarek is one of my all-time favorite keyboardists, and I think you can definitely pull off his piano solo from that song.

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3
Super short and super sweet smile. Loved the melody!

02. wouter79 - the entertainer
Wonderfully captured the feeling wouter. Good job!

03. Peyton - Angel
Just moved me Peyton! I love the melody and the "progression" towards the twinkle. I dint really like the chords when they came in. Felt that they were a little too jaaring for the beautiful melody. But the melody is really stuck in my head. I also love the syncopated LH arpregios. Well done peyton. Beautifully played. Kudos to you for turning a hopelessly sad event into a beautiful art and remembering it thus.

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria
I'm ashamed to say that I've never heard this beautiful piece before. You played it too amazingly. And OMG the YDP sounds soooooo awesome. Really, the opening low register arps are soo "filling". This song is going on my todo list. Brilliantly played Cgyan.

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)
Oh [censored]! Tat was well played. Tat was really well played. Good work Mr.SH smile.

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch
That was fun to listen to as well laugh

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi
Perfectly captured the feel of the song (which I think is the primary goal of anyone playing an Enuadi). Good job!

11. Monica K. - The Meadow
Well, you never let your level go down Monica! And every recital you inspire me to add your piece to my todo list smile. Well done. Beautifully played. Really captured the emotions.

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major
Beautiful piece, and beautifully played JF.

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend
That was unique. Well played Cheryl!

14. CMohr - I Should Care
Excellent jazz piece. Good job on it!

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2
Love the motive. Good job on getting all the intrinsics sounding good smile.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto
Played with patience and care!

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three
Beautiful moving jazzy piece! Loved the change in tone!

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme
Love the FF themes. Sakimoto does a very very good job! Well played. 3 days is a ridiculously short time for playing this. Brilliant job Mati!

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade
Hehe, I know that its a cliche now, but let me do it once more. Your name is soooo ironic :P. Brilliant composition. Love the melody. But maybe a litle more dynamics can be added to it to add variation?

Learning Music is hard. But enjoying ones own music makes it soo much easier!
Yamaha CLP-430
https://soundcloud.com/mohankarthik
http://www.youtube.com/user/nemesisnitt
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
43 - Yamaha G3 - I liked the petite phrases that ended some of the melody lines. I like how the piece has distinct periods of dominance between the bass and treble motives. Very musical. There is a certain air of discontent and content at the same time, as odd as that sounds. Very interesting and provocative selection, masterfully performed, thank you.

44 - MegumiNoda - I was excited to see this selection among the pieces for this recital. I am new to Brahms, I've only heard a small selection of his body of work. However, one of my favorite pieces for the piano are the Op. 79 rhapsodies. I've been told the intermezzi are a logical next listen. So I was excited to see this.

Not to scare you, but to gain some familiarity, I dialed up a Radu Lupu recording I have to acquaint myself. I realize that set a very high bar, but I have heard your previous performances, so I know it's not inappropriate.

I quickly heard elements and distinct features of the piece that were compelling, and I set to listen to see if you brought them out. One thing that strikes me is that the quality of a recording has an effect on the experience of listening, regardless of the talent of the performer and the quality of the instrument (ok, I'm not too subtle, am I? ;)).

Your performance is really impressive and captivating. Compelling and stirring. Excellent use of the silences to effect the right drama. I can only say that I wish the quality of the recording was a touch better. I can hear all of the delicate features his piece calls for, I just wish I could hear them with the glorious tones you can. Even as this recording stands, it's among the finest of this recital, well done.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
45. - Wisebuff - Go AF! Well, not that we would ever play the Buffs... Keep submitting pieces, you have a great touch and this was a fantastic choice. Not familiar w/ the piece, but I see why you chose it. The ethereal blend of faint deep bass and upper register create an unworldly atmosphere. Your playing is very musical, what else can I say? Keep sharing this stuff with us, it's great!

46 - ShiroKuro - Having played guitar, I am intrigued by a guitar transcription to the piano. Here is a piece of music that looks to its neighbors, then looks at the whole neighborhood (whole recital), and says, 'hey, cheer up you mopey wankers!' Terrific chords, moving progression, and the intermediate dialogues a pleasure to hear. This was a great change of pace and a very fun and pleasant performance.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
47 - spidaman - very pleasant performance and a great introduction to Nevue, someone I'm not familiar with. You played this very well, and I appreciate the effort you put into this. Also, what a fitting title to the piece...

48 - Laura aka someoNe is stalking me - This was a marvelous performance. This is one of the great pieces in the universe of classical, and what a joy it is that you get to indulge and share it. Thank you for the terrific playing, and my condolences for the loss of your pet of 18 years.

49 - Grotrainer Great recording. Yeah, I would like to learn all the skills you mention and be able to give a clinic like you did with this piece. Holy cow, what was that you did from 2:10 to 2:20? This type of playing is truly masterful. I'm so thankful for your help with 28/15, it's a real blessing for me that you shared your knowledge and insight. I don't know what to think of this piece, it's different somehow. It has a restless and poetic character; the fits and starts, the rephrased passages that rhyme but not exactly. There is an aspect of dialogue, too, as if someone makes a point, and then the response, and so on. Not exactly choppy, that sounds bad, but a series of distinct and discrete musical thoughts. I found it wholly enjoyable, thanks for sharing it.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
50 - Bunneh - I agree with what you wrote about this piece. I would be excited to discover it could be approached and tamed, yet be so complex and moving. Never heard of Alkan, but now I am glad I know a bit more than I did before. This is a beautiful piece, and I'm amazed that Alkan successfully defies resolution for as long as he does while keeping the development interesting and suspenseful. A great selection and a great performance, hat's off to you.

51 - Hawgdriver (me) - There's some fun in reading what people write about themselves, so I'll indulge in a kind of post-op debrief. One major flaw is synchronicity of notes between hands. I was too lax with this. I also needed to bring the final fioratura up to par a bit more. I'll definitely continue to build on this foundation, but like all of you, I do feel a touch of accomplishment, and it's a good feeling when I listen to it. I love this instrument and found a lot more than I bargained for with this piece, but it's been a blast giving it a go.

52 - Bluekeys - I love these inventions, I like the balance and the sensitivity to the LH counterpoint and sub-melody. I think sometimes I'd like to hear the LH brought out a tad more, to force me to latch onto it--but don't take that as a suggestion, I have no idea the 'right' way to play this. I appreciate your self-critique, but I don't know how much more you will offer by increasing another 20 bpm, it's very pleasant at the tempo you play. Fantastic job, and please dial up another invention if you would.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
53 - Custard Apple - (aside: why am I suddenly craving dessert?) This is a sexy piece if you ask me. I suppose the title is reflective of that? The word that comes to mind: nightcap. This would be a great aphrodisiac I bet. Very sumptuous and smooth playing--great job.

54 - TTigg - You nail the dynamics that cause this piece to pull me in. I just discovered this piece from the last recital, and it has quickly become a favorite. Great performance of this beautiful, compelling, deeply moving piece.

55 - Copper - As a father of a 2 year old, this short and simple piece has special meaning, as it does to all parents. Well done, thanks for sharing it.

56 - Daniel - I've only heard this three times, and it will need more listens before I can go into detail. I think this will end up being one of the gems of this recital that I will revisit on occasion. I have REALLY enjoyed your performance and this new piece. I look forward to listening to this one several more times to get acquainted with it. You did a very good job performing this piece.

57 - Mcasl - I love Haydn's sonatas. Great dynamics. Your balance of LH/RH really stands out. Great job!

58 - Edtek - Ah another Nevue. I like this guy already. This is a terrific piece. The chords are so moving. Great job bringing out the melody. The title is appropriately suggestive for the piece. This is a fine and stirring performance, thank you for sharing it.

59 - Starr Keys - This is a wonderful piece, you did a great job with it. From a technical standpoint (and I'm the last person you should listen to) maybe you could soften the attack of your keystroke a touch for this piece, generally speaking. The softer sections are terrific, like at the end. I think that evokes the emotion of the piece better--but this could be an artifact of the recording. You did a great job with it, and it was a pleasure to listen to. Well done!

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
General comments on recital and early favorites.

I'm proud to be a player in this recital, this is a very motivated and musical group. The joy from hearing these performances and knowing the effort and labor of love involved makes them special and meaningful. Thank you everyone so much for sharing your wonderful creations. Each and every recording was truly a pleasure to enjoy, and will be enjoyed again and again.

At this point, I'd like to recognize some performances that have special merit in my ears (after 3-4 listens):

BenPiano - this is a killer piece, and I don't know how hard it is to play, but damn it sounds good
CarlosCC - Your kids have great taste, I bet that makes you proud. And a papa that lays down such music must make them proud. Remarkable job, esp. given your experience.
Todd Vance - you had a great head start with a Chopin selection, and you played it very well. I really enjoyed this.
MartinJB - like I said, this reminds me of a similar melancholic piece by Meyer that I really enjoy. Good job.
LaValse - I'm listening to this a lot, and I'm feeling myself getting sucked into the gravity well of Scriabin.
ladypayne - This brought back nice memories of church music I enjoy, it was a treat to my ears.
Sideshow - You rocked the Bach man. I was into it, and this is a great recording and performance.
grotrainer - exquisite playing and a terrific presentation of the whole piece. I noticed every detail you put into it, and it's actually rather remarkable.
Daniel - Les lulus is a standout piece and you did a great job with it. I really enjoy it when someone brings something new (to me) and excellent to the table.

finally, ALL the jazz dudes (Ken, Jazzwee, CMohr, Glen, ...? who am I leaving out?): those were simply outstanding performances.

Thanks for a great recital everyone! ~cheers

Last edited by hawgdriver; 02/16/11 03:11 AM.

C
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
C
Thank you Inlanding, Andy, hawgdriver and Augustina for your nice comments on my playing of the Bill Evans song A Time for Love.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop' I am almost speechless...this is rapturous!! I can't think of a better word for your performance. And your letter to Chopin...well, you've put it all in this piece. I was very near tears-a truly moving listen. BRAVO!

52. bluekeys - Invention #13 I think this is perfectly wonderful playing! I played this (one of my favorite inventions) many years ago, but not nearly at the speed or as well as you have. You may be being a little hard on yourself, I loved it! Both voices stood out just as they should.

53. custard apple - A Time for Love Wow, really tasty playing there! A Bill Evans tune couldn't have been easy, but you made it sound smooth and melodic with those fantastic voicings.

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni This has got to be one of my favorites of yours, Steve. Your piano sounds wonderful-sounds like you're right here. What a great job you've done with this piece! Nice and flowing, great dynamics. You've done yourself proud with this one. Very lush!

55. Copper - Lullaby I could have used another verse, but just perfectly and beautifully simple. A joy to hear - played the way it should be played!

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails) What a charming piece! I think you gave it the appropiate flavor fitting your description. I love hearing pieces from composers otherwise unknown to me. You gave it a very nostalgic, playful feel. Thanks for the introduction!

57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov. This sounds like it was fun to learn and play. I don't think you have too far to go to get it polished. Man, those trills are pretty darn good, too! I love happy participants and I think it shows through your performance. Keep up the good work!

58. edtek - Winter Twilight This is another great piece of music-what a good job you've done considering you only practiced this 10 mins. a day (wow!). Sounded very good to me. Congrats!

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose Oh, I'm so happy to listen to this again (after the Piano Bar preview)! You've translated this wonderful Seal song perfectly to solo piano. A very nice arrangement, soft in the right places and full & rich in the other right places. I liked your build up to the ending, too. Great way to finish up this recital! I loved it!

*Another fantastic recital everyone! I truly enjoyed each and every submission. I feel very lucky to be in your company. Thank you all! And huge thanks to Monica, Mr. SuperHunky, Malziet, Copper, LaValse for creating this venue! heart *

I haven't watched any of the youtube videos yet - my computer doesn't like multiple windows open with video going. I'll do my watching later.

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Pianosaurus rex - Czerny - This made me laugh! He only gives you 101 places to trip up, doesn't he? Nicely done.

Cmohr - I should care - Beautiful. I should get to know this one. I trusted you completely as I was listening.

Many thanks for the condolences.

C
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
C
Thank you C Mohr and Bunneh.
haha Bunneh, you're so right, give me that out of tune piano Bill used in the Iowa night-club smile

Firstly, thank you very much to all of those who have made comment on my piece and thanks for the encouragement.

I would like to think that I will comment on everyone as well, but please do not hold me to that. Anyhow, I have started in a completely random order:

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose - I love the arrangement. Really liked the ending. One of my favourite songs from an awesome artist and nicely executed

19. Mateusz Mati Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme - A computer game theme? Who would have thought it. Very nice and to my ears, well played. (I hope you impressed 'her'!)

43. Yamaha G-3 P-80 Mike WHite - Milonga del angel - An interesting tune. Felt like it was telling me a story. Very well played.

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee - Loved how you picked up enthusiasm and gusto around the minute region and ended it nice and softly

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail - Thought you did a good job, especially the feel of the first couple of bars(yes, I heard the plane...added a level of realism!).

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach - You are my ornament guru! Wish my fingers would move like that with those quick notes. Very nicely done!

02. wouter79 - the entertainer - Mr Joplin would have been proud. The base line and tempo also did it for me. Nice and smooth throughout.

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze - Without comparing it to the suggestion in your fact sheet, I thought you did a really good job. Kept a good tempo through it all. I'd be proud

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky cover - SO that was from scratch? Quite a bit of effort must have gone into getting that to sound as good as you did.

22. MartinJB martin - Reflections Em - Really nicely executed and a nice feel. I'd be proud of that for a first submission. Heck, I'd be proud of that for a tenth submission!

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 - Sounds to me you got over the performance anxiety. Love that bass line from 1min to the end.

Help!
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682) - very nicely played KeemaNan - lovely little piece - we don't get too much Purcell here & I remember some time back hearing some of his work transcribed for classical guitar, where it was always delightful.

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover) - played extremely well Hunky, but since I'm not at all familiar with this piece in particular, or Pinl Floyd in general(didn't they sing something about "another brick in the wall") I can't really appreciate this piece as much as I probably could or should - but the performance definitely has your distinctive and dramatic touch!

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch - nicely done P. Rex - what does "Wiener Marsch" translate to? Vienna March? I'm not sure you'd want to play this any faster.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi - well played CarlosCC - never get tired of hearing this no matter how many times we've heard it before here in the Recitals - it's always fresh & lovely - played this from memory huh? I can appreciate that effort!

11. Monica K. - The Meadow - if I hadn't known ahead of time I would have guessed that this was a David Lanz composition - lovely piece of music sensitively and expertly played - your usual very high standards in work selection & performance continue unabated.

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major - not a half bad effort (which means only a half good effort) - decent idea of putting these two little gems together but you're wearing out what's left of your already low reserve of memory cells trying to play these things without the sheets - and as someone recently and wisely informed you in a PM you are in desparate need of a real piano, aka an acoustic! And do you have to be so damn vociferous in the info section - it takes longer to read your writeup than to listen to your performance - come on!

More to follow...

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Glen- Thanks for sending that link. the Medley is fantastic, especially loved the second.!! Wish to heck I could play like that....

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust)
I like the gentle way you sort ease into the piece. You have a light and delicate touch that is perfect for this piece. I was expecting the ending to ring out a bit more but maybe it is supposed to end that way. Well done.

29. serge88 - Your Song
I like this song (I also submitted it as an ABF recital piece last year) and listened to both versions that you did. You really put your personal stamp on this piece. Very nice arrangements.

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach
This sounds tricky. Nice job on a difficult piece.

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail
I was looking forward to hearing you play this. This is a wonderful tune and you did a nice job with it.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission