2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Carey, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wouter79
"I am tempted to ask if it wasn't possible to have another group that would stay at the less pricier bed and breakfast kind of guesthouses"

I would like to join the cheap version too but maybe we should discuss such in a different thread.

I'll consider a budget tour in the future, but for this time around putting together the tour we are offering now is enough of a challenge for me :-)

Coordinating with four piano factories wasn't easy (Ex: Steingraeber is postponing the start of their family vacation to host us, Steinway will just be returning from their vacation period). Robin (Goldsby/the Piano Girl) has blocked out time for us even though it's the busiest wedding time for her). And there are hundreds of little details that, although handled by our travel agency, required my involvement.

I'm hoping that 2011 will also bring another huge Cape Cod Piano Forums Party (it's up to our hosts) and a Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory tour. And of course I will be attending NAMM in Anaheim in Jan. And in between it's my job to run Piano World (and do some occasional tuning and playing).

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
that Deutsches Museum Hall of Keyboards looks incredibly awesome.

(just chiming in)

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Those pics are making me drool! I can't wait!!!

This for me will be the trip of a lifetime, and to spend it with like minded music friends will only make it tiptop. Sure this is a class act tour. I wouldn't want it any other way. I won't have to think about a thing but getting up on time and where the evening cocktails are being served!!!

< Must sell more hybrid daylilies, she says under her breath... >

Will be traveling from Boston or that might be actually NYC. Shall we try to coordinate times to travel together? I am sure it will be a long anxious flight.

< Must have a big yard sale this fall....and next spring too, she says under her breath >

Hope some from Europe will plan a weekend or couple of days to join us.

Hope some more on the fence will sell their second car and join us.

Hope more old PW friends and newbies decide to come!

< Might have to sell a kidney or two, she says under her breath, but it will be worth it! right Frank? >

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
"Might have to sell a kidney or two, she says under her breath,"

Now, why didn't I think of that?

B
B
I'm anxious that we will have the numbers to make this work. Many express deep interest in this trip of a lifetime, but will they be there when it is time to put our money where our mouth is?

I understand that a half dozen years ago the Steingraeber and Sohne dealer in Florida tried to offer a similar travel adventure. it never happened because the numbers weren't there.

How can we make our deposit of 25% if we don't know how many are going and that number determines the final cost????

I really feel we need a sooner deadline than Dec. 1 and $1000 - $1500 need to be on the table very soon so we can see if this is really a go! Other trip/tours that I have participated in and led usually required a significant downpayment at least one year in advance.

If this trip flops (and we won't know that until after 12/1/2010) I will be very disappointed because I will have lost out on other opportunities to travel in 2011 because deadlines for those trips will have past.

I'm eager to hear what others are thinking. Please share. I proposed the above discussion to Frank but have not had a response back. He may be away.

Bachsky

1904 Henry F. Miller Concert Grand * 2002 Estonia 190 Satin Bubinga * 2008 Schulze-Pohlman vertical 125 polished cherrywood peacock design * 2008 Schoenhut minature grand (49 keys) * 2008 Roland Digital Harpsichord, 2010 Roland FP-4 (88 key slab).
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Bachsky,

It's true we won't know for sure until Dec. 1st, although everyone is encouraged to contact our travel agent right away if they are interested (contact Kimberly Winters at 727-896-7161 or
Kimberly@hillstravel.com ). And of course everyone is welcome to submit a deposit ahead of time.

For the record, deposits made before Dec. 1st will be fully refundable up to Nov. 30, after Dec. 1st, you will still have until March 1st to get all but a $100.00 handling fee returned (although we of course hope your intention all along is to join us).

This is a once-in-a-lifetime, unique, and exclusive tour. It is not a typical canned tour repeated over and over. In addition to the folks who have already said they want to join the tour, and the people who asked to be on the definitely/maybe list, there are a number of other people thinking seriously about joining us.

Re-read the itinerary, check out the pictures, share this all with friends and family, help us find other music lovers to join us, and make sure you get on board yourself.

This will be a trip to remember for a lifetime.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

B
B
Frank,

Of course I plan to join the tour, its a great idea and a vary unique once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You have my name on your "for sure" list. And currently the "for sure" list is not long enough to make the trip work.

That's nice to say I can have a full refund before Nov. 30. But we will not know before Nov. 30 if the trip will really happen or not. So if the trip fails/folds/flops (and we learn that after Dec. 1) I understand the $100 handling fee, but I resent the fact that others (by not putting their money where their mouth is) have taken both my $100 away from me and my opportunity to possibly participate in other alternate travel experiences where the deadline will have passed by Dec. 1.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. I'm just disappointed that we won't know sooner if this dream trip will really happen.

Terry

1904 Henry F. Miller Concert Grand * 2002 Estonia 190 Satin Bubinga * 2008 Schulze-Pohlman vertical 125 polished cherrywood peacock design * 2008 Schoenhut minature grand (49 keys) * 2008 Roland Digital Harpsichord, 2010 Roland FP-4 (88 key slab).
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Bachsky
Frank,

Of course I plan to join the tour, its a great idea and a vary unique once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You have my name on your "for sure" list. And currently the "for sure" list is not long enough to make the trip work.

Terry

Understood. Working on that Terry.

The trip is still 10 months away. I presume even the people who want to go think that might be a bit to far out to commit their deposit. I'm hoping people will at least contact Kimberly (our agent) to let her know they plan to go. And... will start sending in deposits soon.

In the meantime, everyone who is planning on going, or who would have liked to have joined us can still help us find other participants.

Most people have Facebook accounts, and/or Twitter, or LinkedIn, or email lists. Plus friends at work, in social circles, etc.
Think about people you know who may enjoy this unique trip, then invite them to read the thread. Who knows, you just might come across some new recruits :-)

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

G
G
Hello Frank,

I have been keeping an eye on this wonderful trip since your first announcement. The pictures you recently posted on this forum is making it very hard for us not to go but like a few others my wife is a school teaher and taking two weeks off before the end of the school year is impossible. We would have loved to join the group and help with the cost. Hopefully we can make the next trip.

George Kong
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Hi George,

That's unfortunate, would have been happy to have you two along.
Our timing is do in part to trying to work around holidays in Europe, factory shut-downs, availability dates, weather, etc.

We thought parents might consider taking their students out of school at the end of the year if necessary, figuring it would be a wonderful education in and of itself.
However, have to admit we didn't figure in that teachers would not have the same flexibility.

Depending on the success of this tour we will most certainly consider something similar in the future, and will keep these points in mind.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

P
P
Not sure I can join you either, but FWIW I think you guys have *exactly* the right idea on the type of tour and accommodations. It sounds like the kind of extraordinary event that people lucky enough to go will remember for the rest of their lives. Now all I have to do is convince my wife ... who's not a piano player but does love the great composers. Still, with two kids in college, its going to be an uphill battle. smile Can't say I'm a definite maybe, but put me down for "working on it." smile

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
PFMcT,
Working on it is good, and I understand your position.

But you are right, this trip should create memories to last a lifetime.

Nobody is more excited then I am (I love pianos, music, old architecture, and history).
I hope you can join us.

Best,

Frank B.
Founder / Host
Piano World

B
B
I have been following the posts and as a travel professional I can tell you that Frank and the agent have worked hard to provide a fantastic trip. I am a little surprised that the agent hasn't agreed to go to assist in case of problems etc. as I always travel with groups as you know with the Piano Cruise we did last year and had a lot of fun. I am sure the pricing and the numbers have a lot to do with the busses you must charter. With fewer people the trip probably can go but at a higher price. If November comes and the numbers are not there then ask your agent for a repricing and it should not be a whole lot more.

Bill Potuchek, CTA, ACC
Owner
Dream Vacation Travels
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
We have 15 definite, 8 definite/maybe (want to go, will let us know as soon as possible), and lots of interested people.

Come on folks, this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance.
It's going to be so much fun sharing this experience with others who
love piano and music.
Heck, the scenery, people, and history alone would be worth the trip, but add to that the private tours and the magical music...

Remember, the more people who sign up the better the pricing becomes.

Make this your big special trip in 2011, and tell your friends about it.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

I am interested in going on this trip and the big decision point for me is if I will be able to afford financially to go. I like the idea of dinners included, the tour bus, and everything arranged in advance. It sounds like a dream trip forme!!!

qtpi
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Hi qtpi,

I hope you can join us.

As you know, the more people the better the pricing gets.
I'm hoping we can get to the third column (lowest pricing).

Either way it's going to be an experience to remember.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
After much deliberation, unfortunately I won't be able to make this 2011 European Piano Tour.
Hopefully something similar in 2012 - (including a Sauter factory tour) may be workable.

Currently working on:-
C Major scale (r/h only - starting with the pinkie finger)......

Dear Noah,
We could have sworn you said the ark wasn't leaving till 5.
Yours sincerely,
The Unicorns

(Sent from my Sinclair ZX81)..........

------------------------------

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Sorry to hear you won't be joining us Tweedpipe.
The next tour will depend on the success of the 2011 tour.

I'm hoping we get to have our big 4 house 4 piano forums party in 2011 too (that's up to our hosts). And we do expect to resume our tours of the Mason & Hamlin factory in 2011 as well.

Likely 2012 will be another cruise (somewhere other than the Caribbean) with the next European tour being 2013.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Please put me and my wife Melanie on the "Definite Maybe" list.
thxs,
Carl

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Strings & Wood
Please put me and my wife Melanie on the "Definite Maybe" list.
thxs,
Carl

Hi Carl,

Great, happy to add you and Melanie to the list.
If you two do join us (and we hope you do) I'll be sure to remember your wife's name. My daughter's name is Melanie:-)

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission