2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (Cheeeeee, Carey, Dalem01, danno858, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 9 invisible), 2,030 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
puff Offline OP
OP Offline
P

James,

Just tell those engineers theyve done a damm fine job on the MP6 - the function I was asking for allready exists grin

Im a jerk! You CAN sve the Pannel Button setting per setup!

Ive got more OS requests up my sleve though.

As well as a request to stop putting links to SLUSHY piano music in my thread!

Cheers.

F
F
According to page 93 in the manual I could not find a way to turn the prepamp off and on with the foot controller switch. Being a prgrammer by trade that does not mean it can be done. I am playing with it now to see if can figure out how to do it. I will keep you informed.

P
puff Offline OP
OP Offline
P
You need to FIRST press and hold the 'pannel' lock button - chose Amp Simmulator then (in the Common settings)set foot controller to SW (Its the last CC number in the list - before 0) Then save this to the chosen EP sound.

You dont even have to save it to a setup. Brilliant! (The MP6 I mean -not me!)

Editted as ever for typogadic illiteriavy

Last edited by puff; 01/16/11 10:08 PM.
Hope I can park my question here!

I read the MP6 user guide deeply but I couldn't find any reference to half-pedal feature. Both foot controls (DAMPER and FOOT SW) look to be simple foot switches. Is it so?

Thx in advance

EDIT: I found half-damper note on Kaway MP6 web page. Strange it's not referenced on the user manual....

Last edited by Qbert; 01/17/11 04:01 PM.

GEM Promega 3 (sold) - Yamaha CLP 170 (sold) - Acuna88 (sold) - Kawai VPC1 + BK7m - Yamaha P125 + VSTi
S
S
I, too, have a question about the pedaling on the MP6.

Is it possible to implement a three pedal (or double pedal) on the MP6? Can the Roland RPU-3 or Kawai F-20 be made to work as a soft and sustaining pedal?

F
F
You are simply brilliant. I do not know what I was thinking. That is how I setup the rotary speaker and it is an effect. My problem I had was once you power it down it went away. Since I use the rotary only for organ, I saved it for those setups.

Typical software developer. I made it harder than it should be

Peace

Yes, F-20 is supported. Don't know about Roland one.

GEM Promega 3 (sold) - Yamaha CLP 170 (sold) - Acuna88 (sold) - Kawai VPC1 + BK7m - Yamaha P125 + VSTi
F
F
I just emailed my contacts at Kawai about that question. I know you can use the Kawai Double pedal. There is always a polarity issue going from on brand to another. I will respond when they do.

S
S
Originally Posted by FrankDaddy
I just emailed my contacts at Kawai about that question. I know you can use the Kawai Double pedal. There is always a polarity issue going from on brand to another. I will respond when they do.

Thanks, FD. You're efforts to untangle the pedaling options are appreciated.

P
puff Offline OP
OP Offline
P

The MP6 has three jacks for ; Foot Switch , Damper , and Expression Pedal.
(Foot and Expression can can be programed to diferent CC functions too.With the F-20 double unit plugged in the damper jack you can change the left pedal of this unit to either Soft or Sost)

So if f you want three pedals to work as a soft/sost/sustain setup with the MP6 get the Kawai double pedal and another momentory pedal in the Foot switch jack some gaffer tape or velcro and youre ready to rock 'n'roll.

The roland unit has three jacks attatched to it-I recon it would only work with a Roland board.

F
F
Tom Love from Kawai said the dual pedal Kawai unit is compatible. you can assign the left petal as the soft pedal. Puff is right about you can then use a "standard" sustain pedal. they make them that are universal. they come with a polarity switch that you set so it will lift the dampers when depressed. I bought one at Best Buy for about $19.00 US. Tom did not recommend the Roland since only two pedals from the Kawai Pedal jack will work. Also there may be a polarity issue. Setting the control switch to 66 will allow the use of a sosanuto petal. According to their web site is the following statement about the footswitch.

Here is theURL

http://www.kawaius.com/main_links/digital/PRO_2010/mp6-info.html

Pedals
Included with the MP6 is the F10H damper (with half-dampering) pedal . The F20 damper (with half-dampering) and soft pedal assembly is available as an option.

So It sounds like it would allow you to have a soft pedel and a sosonuto pedel.

BTW to be on the safe sidfe I am double looping with Kawai on this. Sine the manaul does not totally agree with this.

Last edited by FrankDaddy; 01/17/11 11:39 PM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
FrankDaddy,

As Tom Love has confirmed, the F-20 dual-pedal unit is compatible with the MP6.

Here's an extract from page p.13 of the MP6 owner's manual:

6. FOOT SWITCH
A momentary Foot Switch can be connected to this jack (EX: KAWAI F-1 or F-20). The Foot Switch can be assigned to different MIDI control numbers or functions in the Menu. When using the KAWAI F-20, the right pedal works as a Foot Switch, and the left pedal works as a Soft pedal. When the Rotary EFX is in use, the Soft pedal changes between Fast & Slow Rotor speeds.

Essentially, the MP5/MP8II and MP6/MP10 all offer largely the same pedal functionality, however the connection method is slightly different:

The MP5/MP6 include the F-10H single-pedal unit (damper), however the F-20 accessory can be added for triple-pedal functionality (soft, sostenuto, sustain).

The MP8II/MP10 include the F-20 double-pedal (damper, soft), however an additional pedal (F-10H, F-1, or any other brand/unit provided the polarity is correct) can be added for triple-pedal functionality (soft, sostenuto, sustain).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
F
F
Thanks James for the clarification.

S
S
I second the thanks to K_James and FD.

Can the F20 be purchased directly from Kawai or Sweetwater?

Scooby Hoo, Sweetwater does not appear to list the F-20 on their website, however it may still be worth calling/emailing for clarification - it may simply be a special order.

Alternatively, contact Kawai America and ask for details regarding availability.

Kind regards,
James
x

F
F
I found it at the following url

http://www.thomann.de/gb/kawai_f20.htm

Scooby Hoo are you in the US?

S
S
Yes. Fellow Southerner.

I found a U.S. retailer listing the F-20 F-20 Pedal , but I'll try KJ's suggestion first.

I tried the RD-700NX and the CN-33 and CA-63 recently, as well as a few others. Each had their strengths, but I feel comfortable that the MP-6 will be the best choice for me.

P
puff Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Im going to mail Michael Kunz at Kawai germany to request some thing for the next Operating Sytem update.

I found out on the Kawai.de site that they will release a new OS to iron out a bug that stops the MP6 woking mutitimbraly with a computer sequencer which they are aware of and maybe other things.

Anyway if other users agree with this request they could also mail Michael at; *deleted by moderator*
At the moment the touch can only be set Globaly in the System menu.It would be good if you could save the touch setting to a set-up.This can be offset under 'Dynamics' but only in one direction ie to make it 'lighter' in ten increments.Tis seems to affect the initial attacck but as this is increased the dynamic range is reduced so its not the same as having a different touch setting.

Realy I want a 'Heavy' touch for the APs and a 'normal'or 'light' touch for the EPs

The 'Pannel Lock' button can be programed to change the touch from default to OFF (for Organ) so perhapse this could have a setting to change the default to heavy of light? I would gladly loose some of the existing settings here like Mod Wheel lock or especially Pannel Lock - who needs those?

Or could the 'Dynamics settimg could be made to go from -0 to -10 ...?

The best thing would be to simply be able to save whatever setting you chose to a setup but if thats not pos some workaround.

Do you agree with this Frank?

James do you understant the functionality of the MP6?

Last edited by BB Player; 01/23/11 04:09 AM. Reason: Private email address deleted
puff #1603323 01/22/11 11:28 PM
M
M
I love the Classic EP sound, but does anyone else find it a bit noisy? Some (but not all) of the noise goes away when I turn off the amp simulator, but then I hear a bit of a high-pitched click.

Of course, this is through headphones, the noise or click isn't as noticeable through my amp. I just find that the noise will be a problem when I want to record.

puff, may I please ask you to refrain from writing the private email address of Kawai employees on a public forum. If individuals wish to get in touch with staff at Kawai Europe, they should do so by sending an email to one of the addresses on this page.

Originally Posted by puff
James do you understant the functionality of the MP6?

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Which functionality are you referring to, specifically?

Kind regards,
James
x

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission