Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
65 registered members (cfrederi, CyberGene, bounced, cliowa, barbaram, Angelos58, Agent88, Beemer, 19 invisible), 1,380 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bösendorfer Ceus is dead #1596855
01/13/11 05:01 PM
01/13/11 05:01 PM
California
4evrBeginR Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
4evrBeginR  Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member

California
Yamaha Press Release

BÖSENDORFER 200DE3: FIRST NON-YAMAHA PIANO TO INCLUDE GROUNDBREAKING DISKLAVIER TECHNOLOGY

—Classic Model Piano Now Offers New High-End Performance Reproduction Capabilities—

ANAHEIM, Calif.—Yamaha today introduces the Bösendorfer 200DE3, the first non-Yamaha piano to feature the company’s award-winning Disklavier performance reproducing technology, which is integrated inside the new model as part of the handcrafted manufacturing process.

The Bösendorfer 200DE3 derives from the vaunted Bösendorfer 200, which has enjoyed enormous popularity with music schools and professional teachers at conservatories for over 50 years. Its compact size makes it equally at home in private spaces. The model features the famous, rich and moving Bösendorfer sound, along with superior quality workmanship and optimal use of materials to create lasting value and the best sound possible.

“This is the first time that we have extended the Disklavier system to another manufacturer’s name and in this case it enhances both brands,” said Mark Anderson, Marketing Director, Yamaha Keyboard Division.

“Because consumers are confident in the reliability and performance capability of the Disklavier technology and in Yamaha pianos, they will perceive an enhanced value for the Bösendorfer 200DE3, which embodies Yamaha’s commitment to upholding the Bösendorfer legacy while adding sophisticated technological enhancements that have many practical benefits,” said Anderson.

By keeping Bösendorfer’s brand integrity intact and adding an advantageous performance reproduction system that only Disklavier technology can bring, Yamaha has created the perfect complement to Yamaha’s high-end Disklavier piano line. Faculty and students at top colleges and music conservatories will appreciate the expanded capabilities that this reproducing technology provides, including the ability to conduct remote lessons and master classes on pianos networked over the internet, which virtually eliminates geographical boundaries between teacher and student.

A great piano like Bösendorfer is a logical place to expand Disklavier technology from its role enhancing the capacity of quality Yamaha pianos. For almost a quarter century, the award-winning Disklavier performance reproducing piano systems have combined old-world craftsmanship with a range of 21st century features. Disklavier offers a sophisticated, whisper-soft playback system that turns any room into a concert hall. Special music CDs ship with the system, so it’s possible to start enjoying content as soon as the Bösendorfer 200DE3 is delivered. The built-in Disklavier system further expands the Bösendorfer’s capabilities by offering remote control operation along with USB recording and playback. The DisklavierRadio function offers uninterrupted streams of music over 11 different channels delivering classical, jazz, pop and other styles. The unit comes with ample storage space so users can document and share their own performances.

For more information on the Bösendorfer 200DE3, visit Yamaha at Winter NAMM 2011 at the Anaheim Marriott, Marquis Ballroom; write Yamaha Corporation of America, Keyboard Division, P.O. Box 6600, Buena Park, CA 90622; telephone (714) 522-9011; e-mail infostation@yamaha.com; or visit www.yamaha.com.

Art is never finished, only abandoned. - da Vinci
Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
Re: Bösendorfer Ceus is dead [Re: 4evrBeginR] #1596925
01/13/11 06:49 PM
01/13/11 06:49 PM
Omaha, Nebraska
Brandon_W_T Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Brandon_W_T  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Omaha, Nebraska
Hmm.............

Is Yamaha slowly taking over Bosendorfer by integrating their own stuff into it?

If I bought a Bosendorfer, I probably would much prefer having genuine Bosendorfer only parts, not Yamaha's system.

Not saying Yamaha's system is bad or anything.... But I sure hope the price aint nearly as high as what a Ceus was.

______
Home -
1905 Story and Clark Art Case smile

--NEW!--- 1964ish Conn 640 vacuum tube theatre organ! (with leslie!) smile

Grandmas- New Hyundai petite baby grand

Church (the organ I practice on)-
1998 Bedient (Built about 45 minutes from me!) 2m/pedal 24 rank Cavaille-Coll style pipe organ
Re: Bösendorfer Ceus is dead [Re: 4evrBeginR] #1596984
01/13/11 08:38 PM
01/13/11 08:38 PM
B
beethoven986 Offline
3000 Post Club Member
beethoven986  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
B

I think your thread title is somewhat misleading. The press release says nothing about the demise of CEUS, and the Boesendorfer website still has CEUS listed as a product. When I was at the Boesendorfer factory two years ago, the factory rep mentioned that after seeing CEUS, the Yamaha techs were somewhat embarrassed with the DisklavierPro. I got to try CEUS myself, and thought it was amazing.

And then there's this:
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...ow-guisborough-audiences-84229-27561177/

Re: Bösendorfer Ceus is dead [Re: Brandon_W_T] #1596989
01/13/11 08:52 PM
01/13/11 08:52 PM
B
beethoven986 Offline
3000 Post Club Member
beethoven986  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
B

Originally Posted by Brandon_W_T

Is Yamaha slowly taking over Bosendorfer by integrating their own stuff into it?

Yamaha purchased Boesendorfer a few years ago.

If I bought a Bosendorfer, I probably would much prefer having genuine Bosendorfer only parts, not Yamaha's system.

What is a "genuine Boesendorfer only" part? The Renner action? Or the cast-iron frame made in the Czech Republic? Few, if any, manufacturers make ALL their own parts.

Not saying Yamaha's system is bad or anything.... But I sure hope the price aint nearly as high as what a Ceus was.

CEUS is expensive because it wasn't designed to be a low-end reproducing system that you find on Chinese stencil pianos. The DisklavierPro is also very expensive. People need to stop complaining about how much pianos cost. High quality products usually cost more.

Re: Bösendorfer Ceus is dead [Re: beethoven986] #1597103
01/14/11 01:06 AM
01/14/11 01:06 AM
California
4evrBeginR Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
4evrBeginR  Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member

California
Originally Posted by beethoven986
I think your thread title is somewhat misleading. The press release says nothing about the demise of CEUS...

I guess I was reading between the lines; just been in corporate world long enough to know mergers and acquisitions eventually leads to integration and elimination.

Art is never finished, only abandoned. - da Vinci
Re: Bösendorfer Ceus is dead [Re: 4evrBeginR] #1597138
01/14/11 03:02 AM
01/14/11 03:02 AM
B
beethoven986 Offline
3000 Post Club Member
beethoven986  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
B

In this case, let's hope not. CEUS is pretty nifty.

Re: Bösendorfer Ceus is dead [Re: beethoven986] #1598391
01/16/11 01:53 AM
01/16/11 01:53 AM
Belgium
S
schwammerl Offline
2000 Post Club Member
schwammerl  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
S

Belgium
In this video (info section) below taken at the NAMM 2011 and provided in the thread about NAMM 2011 news by the dealer memeber PianoWorks Atlanta it is clearly stated the CEUS system remains available.

Bösendorfer with Disklavier

However it should not escape anyone this Bösendorfer 200 with Disklavier is in fact the first Bösendorfer 200 with a non-Renner action!.
This should not mean anything negative about action performance on this Bösendorfer but at least the expertise of one expert action maker - Renner - can be put against that of another one - Yamaha - when a purely acoustic Bösendorfer 200 is compared to a Disklavier version.

schwammerl.

Last edited by schwammerl; 01/16/11 01:53 AM.
Re: Bösendorfer Ceus is dead [Re: schwammerl] #1599462
01/17/11 05:16 PM
01/17/11 05:16 PM
Atlanta, GA
PianoWorksATL Offline
3000 Post Club Member
PianoWorksATL  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by schwammerl
However it should not escape anyone this Bösendorfer 200 with Disklavier is in fact the first Bösendorfer 200 with a non-Renner action!.

Actually, to clarify it is a Bosendorfer Renner action, not a Yamaha action.
[Linked Image]

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
Re: Bösendorfer Ceus is dead [Re: 4evrBeginR] #1599517
01/17/11 06:37 PM
01/17/11 06:37 PM
Surrey, B.C.
Norbert Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Norbert  Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Surrey, B.C.
I'm sorry to say but during NAMM I liked the Yamaha grand much better than the Boesi directly on the right to it. Perhaps it wasn't same size or wasn't prepped same, so my impression could have been skewed.

Fine pianos both!

Norbert thumb

Last edited by Norbert; 01/17/11 06:37 PM.

www.heritagepianos.com
Greater Vancouver B.C. piano dealers for : Estonia, Brodmann, Ritmuller
604-951-8642
Re: Bösendorfer Ceus is dead [Re: Norbert] #1599636
01/17/11 09:10 PM
01/17/11 09:10 PM
Atlanta, GA
PianoWorksATL Offline
3000 Post Club Member
PianoWorksATL  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Norbert
I'm sorry to say but during NAMM I liked the Yamaha grand much better than the Boesi directly on the right to it. Perhaps it wasn't same size or wasn't prepped same, so my impression could have been skewed.

Fine pianos both!

Norbert thumb

Or perhaps it was that the Yamaha on the left was 2.5 feet longer than the Bosendorfer on the right wink

In their giant hall where every Digital has to be set at max volume because the one next to it is already...there is no way to evaluate the subtleties of any piano, which is really too bad. The room next door with 6 Bosendorfers across from 6 of Yamaha's premium pianos offered moments of opportunity to enjoy these when it wasn't overrun. But that is the challenge of most booths at the trade show, finding the moments.

I wanted to find a moment with the Yamaha AvantGrand models. I played the N1 & N2 Avantgrands in that room several times, but in that room, I really couldn't appreciate any differences. I could tell a difference with the N3, but not fully appreciate the sound system. Roland set up a private booth for the V-piano grand. It wasn't open to the general floor traffic, so very few people got to try it (the trade off in this approach). I was patient and got 10 good minutes privately with one of the developers to really examine it, its features and its sound system. It's going to be fun to see these great products challenge each other in the marketplace.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
Re: Bösendorfer Ceus is dead [Re: Norbert] #1599652
01/17/11 09:29 PM
01/17/11 09:29 PM
Philadelphia/South Jersey
Rich Galassini Offline
Platinum Subscriber
Rich Galassini  Offline
Platinum Subscriber

Philadelphia/South Jersey
Originally Posted by Norbert

Fine pianos both!

Norbert thumb

Norbert, remember what I said last NAMM when the CFX was first shown. I said that it was like no Yamaha piano that I had ever played. It is a different voice from the Bosendorfer, but I have very high respect for this piano. There is no shame in enjoying it.

Back to the original topic - the Bosendorfer 200DE3 sounded wonderful in live performance. It was played live at the Bosendorfer Annual Meeting. The advantage of the Disklavier is that it is one third the cost of the CEUS, still performs admirably, and the software available is very cool.

The CEUS is a marvel - period. I have seen the distance learning component of this instrument first hand. Cunningham Piano hosted the first Trans Atlantic distance recital using this technology and we are quite impressed with the merging of great technologies between the Disklavier and Bosendorfer. That is why we bought the first available 200DE3. thumb

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
Phila, Pa.
(215) 991-0834 direct line
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for great content every week:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CunninghamPiano

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is Kawai CN37 Worth The Extra Money?
by yarinch. 11/15/18 04:05 AM
Brodmann PE 121 vs. Kawai K300
by Timpskie. 11/15/18 12:20 AM
Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room
by AB Forum Recital. 11/14/18 10:44 PM
Recital 52 --- November 15, 2018
by AB Forum Recital. 11/14/18 09:06 PM
DIGITAL PIANO "SECONDS WAITED"
by ericco. 11/14/18 06:15 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Petrof
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics188,338
Posts2,761,231
Members91,490
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

PianoTeq Petrof
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission