2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
25 members (drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, 8 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by PianoMath
I got it now. Thanks.

Good! Now relax...and play! smile

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Just got back from a week south of Cancun...beautiful beach, tequila AND my roll it up piano. Everyday I practiced and played some music too. :-) The flat keyboard is frustrating because it notices when my finger pressure is not consistent and it plays double/triple if I press too hard. Grrrrrr. BUT! I played and still have everyday so far in 2011. VBG

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by WiseBuff
Just got back from a week south of Cancun...beautiful beach, tequila AND my roll it up piano. Everyday I practiced and played some music too. :-) The flat keyboard is frustrating because it notices when my finger pressure is not consistent and it plays double/triple if I press too hard. Grrrrrr. BUT! I played and still have everyday so far in 2011. VBG

Good for you!

Keep in mind that the frustrations of playing on your roll up will probably serve you well - you will pay attention to your finger pressure on your regular piano a bit more this week!

[Linked Image]

P
P
Count me in too please! I am starting today (As soon as the circuit breaker panel is replaced) and will be registering on the log list. I am so excited smile

[Linked Image]
L
L
I'm new here, just a beginner but I'd love to join.

It's 11pm right now and I practiced for a little over an hour today.

My history on playing instruments:
I got a VL-1 when I was around 6 (it's that calculator-keyboard thing from Casio), and I treated it like a toy. I only learned some very basic tunes with it back then, like the built in tune, our national anthem and a few more whose titles I don't know.

I got a burning desire to have a piano when I was in my last year in high school. That was the year I first saw The Lion King. I found Hans Zimmer's work to be really amazing, but the only instrument around was my cousin's recorder, so I practiced with that for some time. I played mostly just songs from The Lion King and back then I could sightread slowly. I played it until before I entered second year college.

I got a cheap keyboard (~$100)later that year and practiced Be Prepared. I could only play the treble, but at least I got something that can play more than one note at a time. It was the first time I learned how to do play by pressing multiple keys together. Interest shifted to software development through most of my college years, but I regained the desire again this last semester.

I saw Balto for the first time, and again, a cartoon drove my desires, but it's greater than it ever has been. I practiced Heritage of the Wolf since late November 2010, and now I can say I can play something using both hands!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CPitsHfr_w

I practiced using the vid above, and wrote the notes on paper while watching, then played it on the piano. Here's a recording of me playing:
recording

I've been practicing some more songs, such as ones found from video games (TF2's Playing with Danger). Sometimes I get addicted and practice for like 4 hours straight... which I've never done before. A few times I found myself playing past 3am.

I signed up for the forums since I wanted to get more serious. I didn't know any forum that was active, and I just stumbled upon this site when I was looking up reviews for the CDP-100, which I plan to save up for when I start working.

Last edited by Lord Akela; 01/18/11 12:06 PM.

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Welcome !
It sounds like you are making good progress! How exciting.

You might want to post this information in the Adult form in an introductory thread - more people will see it!

cheers

Originally Posted by Lord Akela
I'm new here, just a beginner but I'd love to join.

It's 11pm right now and I practiced for a little over an hour today.

My history on playing instruments:
I got a VL-1 when I was around 6 (it's that calculator-keyboard thing from Casio), and I treated it like a toy. I only learned some very basic tunes with it back then, like the built in tune, our national anthem and a few more whose titles I don't know.

I got a burning desire to have a piano when I was in my last year in high school. That was the year I first saw The Lion King. I found Hans Zimmer's work to be really amazing, but the only instrument around was my cousin's recorder, so I practiced with that for some time. I played mostly just songs from The Lion King and back then I could sightread slowly. I played it until before I entered second year college.

I got a cheap keyboard (~$100)later that year and practiced Be Prepared. I could only play the treble, but at least I got something that can play more than one note at a time. It was the first time I learned how to do play by pressing multiple keys together. Interest shifted to software development through most of my college years, but I regained the desire again this last semester.

I saw Balto for the first time, and again, a cartoon drove my desires, but it's greater than it ever has been. I practiced Heritage of the Wolf since late November 2010, and now I can say I can play something using both hands!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CPitsHfr_w

I practiced using the vid above, and wrote the notes on paper while watching, then played it on the piano. Here's a recording of me playing:
recording

I've been practicing some more songs, such as ones found from video games (TF2's Playing with Danger). Sometimes I get addicted and practice for like 4 hours straight... which I've never done before. A few times I found myself playing past 3am.

I signed up for the forums since I wanted to get more serious. I didn't know any forum that was active, and I just stumbled upon this site when I was looking up reviews for the CDP-100, which I plan to save up for when I start working.

[Linked Image]

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I need to go on the "Excused Absence" list for 2011. I had to drive my daughter and some of her teammates to an academic team tournament in South Carolina on Friday-Saturday. We didn't get back until after 1:00 am last night, so I didn't play at all on Saturday. frown

The good news [bragging shamelessly] is that my daughter's team came in first place in the JV division at the Dorman Invitational tournament, one of the major quiz bowl tournaments in the country with over 100 teams competing. WOOT. She's a smart one, my little girl. thumb

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
I need to go on the "Excused Absence" list for 2011. I had to drive my daughter and some of her teammates to an academic team tournament in South Carolina on Friday-Saturday. We didn't get back until after 1:00 am last night, so I didn't play at all on Saturday. frown

The good news [bragging shamelessly] is that my daughter's team came in first place in the JV division at the Dorman Invitational tournament, one of the major quiz bowl tournaments in the country with over 100 teams competing. WOOT. She's a smart one, my little girl. thumb

Well, if that isn't the best darn reason for going on the excused list, I don't know what is. Congrats to your daughter (and you)!

[Linked Image]

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Monica
Good for your daughter!!! And for you too for being there for her.

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
F
F
Pokes his head up from lurking

I'm in for 2011. smile

Fate #1604444 01/24/11 10:26 AM

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Fate
Pokes his head up from lurking

I'm in for 2011. smile

Well, if Fate is on our side, how can we go wrong?

Welcome!

[Linked Image]

J
J
Damn, I'm off the wagon, didn't play yesterday. But I got a note from my doctor! Almost anyway, I was and still am sick. frown Not so sick I absolutely couldn't and can't play, but it's kind of painful.

My channel on youtube. Feel free to befriend or subscribe.

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Ok, well, you can start up again with a new date when you are ready.
Take care and get better soon.

[Linked Image]

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Utto - I need to go on the excused list! We had a large snow storm last night, it brought down many tree limbs and knocked out power. So my digital doesn't make much sound right now!

Turns out my teacher's studio is without power so I won't get my lesson either.

I'll come back off the list when we get power back (chances are we'll be at the in-laws till then anyway).

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Ok, well, I'll put you on the excused list - you let me know when you are back and I'll fill in the dates, ok?

Hope you aren't without power for too long!

[Linked Image]

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Our building is having the whole plumbing system replaced over the next couple of months, so there will be at least 3 days (actually, more likely 6, since they'll be cutting my wall to access my neighbours' bathroom, too) when I'll have plumbers working inside my bathroom and/or kitchen (which adjoins my living room) & may not get to practice. I don't know how much notice I'll get, & even with notice, I won't know whether I can practice while they're working until I try it. If necessary, can I go on excused after the fact, or on very short notice?

So far, I haven't missed a day since New Years. & I'm finding the one day a week where I can only squeeze in about 20 minutes, I plan the 20 minutes much better.

Carol
(Started playing July 2008)

[Linked Image]

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Carol, in 2010 I never reported my non playing days til I got home from my trips. (The only reason I missed last year was for being away from home). My philosophy was "Hey, I might find a piano while I'm out of town!"

So by all means, just wait til everything is back to normal, then let me know which days you need to be excused for.

(I hope for your sake there aren't many!)

[Linked Image]

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by casinitaly
So by all means, just wait til everything is back to normal, then let me know which days you need to be excused for.

That's what I should have done because our power came on and I practiced without missing a day!

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
I just found this! I would like to be added to the list, to start tomorrow Jan 28th please, and be the Master of My Domain! This will give me the incentive I need to make sure I practice every day. This is great! :-)

Music is my Sanctuary
2010 Mason & Hamlin A Monticello
2001 Baldwin R1
C
C
Just found and joined this forum, and would like to be part of the MOYD. Thanks!

Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission