Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
PIANO TEACHERS Please read this!
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

Who's Online Now
127 registered members (36251, ASilotiCoffee, Amedeus, ando, 90125, anotherscott, Anthill, Alex Hutor, Artur Gajewski, 29 invisible), 1,257 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 61 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 60 61
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: Stubbie] #2476326
11/01/15 06:00 PM
11/01/15 06:00 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,322
Australia
E
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,322
Australia
Originally Posted by Stubbie
Originally Posted by earlofmar
Only had my very first acoustic piano for a few weeks now and here it is. My one and only local piano store did not have a fantastic range but this Kawai K8 was obviously the best in the shop, so I just had to have it. We are all still adapting to the new kid in town, including the dogs who don't seem to mind whichever way I hack Bach or Chopin.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Very nice! Congratulations! It sounds as though the new piano has passed the dog test. How are you liking it?

That looks like a Bach Invention on the music desk. I can't quite make out which one.


I am really enjoying having my new piano and can hardly bear to practice on my digital any more. I am of course going through some of the teething problems of transition but everyday I love it just a bit more. Well spotted on the Invention book, I had the page open at No 2 which I am learning and think is just such a beautiful piece.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10


13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: earlofmar] #2476347
11/01/15 07:08 PM
11/01/15 07:08 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,942
*sigh* Salt Lake City
malkin Offline
4000 Post Club Member
malkin  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,942
*sigh* Salt Lake City
And it looks like you are recording already!

Congratulations on your new piano!


I've been trying to change my signature quote for weeks.

Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: mr_super-hunky] #2476389
11/01/15 09:54 PM
11/01/15 09:54 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,264
Melbourne, Australia
Tubbie0075 Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Tubbie0075  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,264
Melbourne, Australia
There are some small updates in my piano room arrangements. First, I put the Star Wars lego boxes to good use, as a bench for some books. Then, there's a new addition to the photo frames on the wall, far right, my freshly delivered grade 8 piano certificate from AMEB! Far left is the grade 8 violin certificate.

As before, I have a photo of my babies (dogs) and a photo of me with VALENTINA LISITSA. She autographed my Rachmaninov preludes book, which she was holding in the photo :-)

Now, this is what I call my man cave!

[Linked Image]




Be your ♮ self
YouTube channel

Studying:
  • Chopin: Ballade No. 4
  • Rachmaninov: Prelude No. 5 (Gm)
  • Ravel: Pavane for Dead Princess
  • Bach-Rachmaninov: Gavotte
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: Fugue14] #2476413
11/02/15 12:05 AM
11/02/15 12:05 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 733
Melville Saskatchewan
F
FrankCox Offline
500 Post Club Member
FrankCox  Offline
500 Post Club Member
F

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 733
Melville Saskatchewan
I really like the big treble clef on the wall!


If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country and Western!
Casio Celviano AP-650
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: earlofmar] #2476546
11/02/15 12:25 PM
11/02/15 12:25 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,004
Midwest USA
Stubbie Offline
Gold Subscriber
Stubbie  Offline
Gold Subscriber

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,004
Midwest USA
Originally Posted by earlofmar
Originally Posted by Stubbie
Originally Posted by earlofmar
Only had my very first acoustic piano for a few weeks now and here it is. My one and only local piano store did not have a fantastic range but this Kawai K8 was obviously the best in the shop, so I just had to have it. We are all still adapting to the new kid in town, including the dogs who don't seem to mind whichever way I hack Bach or Chopin.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Very nice! Congratulations! It sounds as though the new piano has passed the dog test. How are you liking it?

That looks like a Bach Invention on the music desk. I can't quite make out which one.


I am really enjoying having my new piano and can hardly bear to practice on my digital any more. I am of course going through some of the teething problems of transition but everyday I love it just a bit more. Well spotted on the Invention book, I had the page open at No 2 which I am learning and think is just such a beautiful piece.
I haven't done Inv. No. 2 yet. I'm on No. 9, which is in a minor key. Quite nice. I'm just starting to add in the ornaments. I also recognize the Alfred's book of Scales, Chords, Argpeggios, and Cadences on top of the piano. Mine gets a fair amount of use--I had to tape the cover back on.

I don't play our digital at all anymore, though Mr. Stubbie does. He plays with headphones on, so we can both play at the same time. thumb I just got myself an early Christmas present, namely an LED lamp for the piano. It was pricey, but so far I really like it.


[Linked Image]
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: earlofmar] #2476616
11/02/15 04:10 PM
11/02/15 04:10 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,264
Melbourne, Australia
Tubbie0075 Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Tubbie0075  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,264
Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by earlofmar
Only had my very first acoustic piano for a few weeks now and here it is. My one and only local piano store did not have a fantastic range but this Kawai K8 was obviously the best in the shop, so I just had to have it. We are all still adapting to the new kid in town, including the dogs who don't seem to mind whichever way I hack Bach or Chopin.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]



Welcome to the Kawai Club!

Kawai K8 would have been the upright piano I would go for if a grand piano was not possible. This is one very handsome piano!

Do you have any recordings of your playing on this piano. I'm interested to hear the sound. I tried several of this piano in different stores and they all sounded quite different.





Be your ♮ self
YouTube channel

Studying:
  • Chopin: Ballade No. 4
  • Rachmaninov: Prelude No. 5 (Gm)
  • Ravel: Pavane for Dead Princess
  • Bach-Rachmaninov: Gavotte
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: Tubbie0075] #2476622
11/02/15 04:34 PM
11/02/15 04:34 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,322
Australia
E
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,322
Australia
Originally Posted by Tubbie0075

Welcome to the Kawai Club!

Kawai K8 would have been the upright piano I would go for if a grand piano was not possible. This is one very handsome piano!

Do you have any recordings of your playing on this piano. I'm interested to hear the sound. I tried several of this piano in different stores and they all sounded quite different.




I have sent you a PM of my only recording so far which is for the upcoming PW recital. Everyone else will have to wait until opening day laugh


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10


13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: PhilipInChina] #2476765
11/03/15 05:13 AM
11/03/15 05:13 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,264
Melbourne, Australia
Tubbie0075 Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Tubbie0075  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,264
Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by PhilipInChina
I thought I would take the family photos out of the music room and put them in the ballroom. So I want some images of the truly great to go into the music room. I had thought:

Ashkenazy
Beethoven
Brahms
Chopin
Debussy
Horowitz
Liszt
Mozart
Rachmaninoff
Rowlf
Rubinstein

I know we are never going to agree on the list but what does anybody think?


You're missing a B in your list, and it's a very big B. Bach. If your wall is to be a list of photos of the TRULY great, you cannot exclude JS Bach. After all, he's one of the popularly known 3 Great Bs: Bach, Beethoven, Brahms. Not to mention he is hugely admired by Mozart, Chopin, Brahms, Mendelssohn and many other great composers. But it is your wall. You shouldn't feel obligated to put a photo that you don't like.

I also wonder why you put Ashkenazy (one and only non-composer) in your list. There are many more suitable candidates, like Horowitz, Rubinstein, Argerich etc.



Be your ♮ self
YouTube channel

Studying:
  • Chopin: Ballade No. 4
  • Rachmaninov: Prelude No. 5 (Gm)
  • Ravel: Pavane for Dead Princess
  • Bach-Rachmaninov: Gavotte
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: mr_super-hunky] #2476774
11/03/15 06:29 AM
11/03/15 06:29 AM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,740
Kuwait
PhilipInChina Offline
3000 Post Club Member
PhilipInChina  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,740
Kuwait
I had tweaked the list a bit and JSB was included before I started to investigate the options for getting prints done.


Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: PhilipInChina] #2476776
11/03/15 06:51 AM
11/03/15 06:51 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,171
Louisiana
R
Rerun Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Rerun  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,171
Louisiana
I'd say it'd probably be way more interesting to your visitors if you draw/paint real/semi-real images of some of those composers ... they don't have to be photographic quality, just enough information that they know it's Bach, etc.

Get Betty Edward's book "Drawing on the Right side of the Brain" and go to work on it. It's easier than one would think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USzIcShZ62Y

Last edited by Rerun; 11/03/15 07:18 AM.

Rerun

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD


[Linked Image]



Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: earlofmar] #2476787
11/03/15 07:41 AM
11/03/15 07:41 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,777
Italy
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
sinophilia  Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,777
Italy
Originally Posted by earlofmar
Only had my very first acoustic piano for a few weeks now and here it is. My one and only local piano store did not have a fantastic range but this Kawai K8 was obviously the best in the shop, so I just had to have it. We are all still adapting to the new kid in town, including the dogs who don't seem to mind whichever way I hack Bach or Chopin.


How could I miss this post? Welcome to the acoustic world, it was about time! Congratulations smile


Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://soundcloud.com/sinophilia - http://youtube.com/sinophilia
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: sinophilia] #2476939
11/03/15 04:23 PM
11/03/15 04:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,322
Australia
E
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,322
Australia
Originally Posted by sinophilia


How could I miss this post? Welcome to the acoustic world, it was about time! Congratulations smile


thanks, you will get to hear (insert name here) at the upcoming recital. So looking forward to hearing you play Invention No 1 which was nearly my submission as well.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10


13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: mr_super-hunky] #2477017
11/03/15 10:14 PM
11/03/15 10:14 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 340
F
Fugue14 Offline
Full Member
Fugue14  Offline
Full Member
F

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 340
The angle I chose didn't show our awesome piano rug!

[Linked Image]



Yama B3
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: earlofmar] #2477049
11/04/15 01:12 AM
11/04/15 01:12 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 216
lyricmudra Offline
Full Member
lyricmudra  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 216
Originally Posted by earlofmar
Only had my very first acoustic piano for a few weeks now and here it is. My one and only local piano store did not have a fantastic range but this Kawai K8 was obviously the best in the shop, so I just had to have it. We are all still adapting to the new kid in town, including the dogs who don't seem to mind whichever way I hack Bach or Chopin.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]



Congratulations, earlofmar! I have felt the excitement of shifting to an acoustic piano myself, so I am sure you are very thrilled with your new toy. :-) And welcome to the world of Kawai!



Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: Rerun] #2477070
11/04/15 03:19 AM
11/04/15 03:19 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,324
England
LarryShone Offline
1000 Post Club Member
LarryShone  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,324
England
Originally Posted by Rerun
I'd say it'd probably be way more interesting to your visitors if you draw/paint real/semi-real images of some of those composers ... they don't have to be photographic quality, just enough information that they know it's Bach, etc.

Get Betty Edward's book "Drawing on the Right side of the Brain" and go to work on it. It's easier than one would think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USzIcShZ62Y


I made a few quick composer sketches myself, more caricatures really. This is Rachmaninov, who I favour over Bach anyday

[Linked Image]

Last edited by LarryShone; 11/04/15 03:20 AM.

If the piano is the King of instruments then I am its loyal servant.
[Linked Image]

My Piano Group
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: LarryShone] #2477082
11/04/15 05:43 AM
11/04/15 05:43 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,171
Louisiana
R
Rerun Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Rerun  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,171
Louisiana

Pretty nice work Larry ... on the next try, focus your eye on drawing the negative shapes rather than the shape. In other words, rather than drawing your hand sitting on a table top, draw the shapes that encompass the hand, it'll shift your brain to the right side by drawing what isn't. Or the next time you draw a composer, turn the photograph/subject matter you're working from upside down, then draw it.


Rerun

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD


[Linked Image]



Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: mr_super-hunky] #2479396
11/11/15 08:27 AM
11/11/15 08:27 AM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 131
Hitry Plan Offline
Full Member
Hitry Plan  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 131
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hitry Plan; 11/11/15 08:29 AM.

Yamaha p-155, Yamaha Motif Rack XS(with mLan), Roland Fantom XR, Alesis Vi61, Yamaha HS7, Cubase 7.5.4
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: Hitry Plan] #2480514
11/14/15 09:36 AM
11/14/15 09:36 AM
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 161
Scotland
Smurfette Offline
Full Member
Smurfette  Offline
Full Member

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 161
Scotland
[Linked Image]

My new digital piano . Kawai CA97


♥♪ ♥ ♫ I really shouldn't borrow tomorrow's troubles, but I like to plan ahead. ♥♪ ♥ ♫

[Linked Image]XL

Kawai CA 97
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: mr_super-hunky] #2480621
11/14/15 05:05 PM
11/14/15 05:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,322
Australia
E
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,322
Australia
it's a lovely instrument Smurfette, it is going to give you so much pleasure (and just a bit of pain)


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10


13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Let's see pics of your piano room [Re: Rerun] #2480870
11/15/15 10:40 AM
11/15/15 10:40 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,942
*sigh* Salt Lake City
malkin Offline
4000 Post Club Member
malkin  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,942
*sigh* Salt Lake City
Originally Posted by Rerun

... the negative shapes rather than the shape...


I like the negative space between the nose/chin and the corner of the piano. Nice work


I've been trying to change my signature quote for weeks.

Page 35 of 61 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 60 61

Moderated by  BB Player 

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Petrof
(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater
ad
Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Lessons Online

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Thomas Young 1 temperament measured
by Hakki. 01/21/19 10:08 AM
Debussy - Arabesque No. 1
by cmb13. 01/21/19 09:11 AM
Saving to WAV or MP3 on a Kawai CA
by Garald. 01/21/19 08:26 AM
Naming convention of classical pieces
by Artur Gajewski. 01/21/19 08:16 AM
Help, pain when playing the piano!
by Hengsen10. 01/21/19 01:18 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics189,708
Posts2,784,307
Members92,171
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

PianoTeq Petrof
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.2