2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
77 members (20/20 Vision, amc252, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 15 invisible), 1,986 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Congratulations on your new piano bluebilly, and thank you for posting that 'up close and personal' photo. wink

I'm glad that you were able to assemble the CN33 with your daughter (rather than Frank Spenser...), and that it fits snuggly into your room.

However, even though you have that lovely new piano to enjoy, please don't neglect to ride your Dawes - at least, not until the summer and autumn have passed.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
Hi James, I'm afraid I will be locked in with my new piano for a few days so the bike will have a breather. I was just going register my piano with Kawai for the warranty is there somewhere on-line one can do this?
-

bluebilly,

I was just going register my piano with Kawai for the warranty is there somewhere on-line one can do this?

No, I'm afraid not - just the good old fashioned method of paper, pen, and carrier pigeon.

Cheers,
James
x

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Kawai James
bluebilly,

I was just going register my piano with Kawai for the warranty is there somewhere on-line one can do this?

No, I'm afraid not - just the good old fashioned method of paper, pen, and carrier pigeon.

Cheers,
James
x

Hmmm... I didn't know about this. How's it done? In my case I bought it from a local store and they said they would handle the warranty for me and with Kawai.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
bluebilly,

Cheers,
James
x

Hmmm... I didn't know about this. How's it done? In my case I bought it from a local store and they said they would handle the warranty for me and with Kawai.

That's right, your retailer should honour the warranty, at least for the first year. However, in these troubled times, remember Woolworth's, who'd have thought it? My German supplier gives a three year on site warranty also but I thought it a good idea to register my piano with Kawai. HERE'S a blank form to complete and return to Kawai in Milton Keynes, this form came with a Kawai piano I bought for my granddaughter awhile ago, not with my present piano.

-

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by bluebilly
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
bluebilly,

Cheers,
James
x

That's right, your retailer should honour the warranty, at least for the first year. However, in these troubled times, remember Woolworth's, who'd have thought it? My German supplier gives a three year on site warranty also but I thought it a good idea to register my piano with Kawai. HERE'S a blank form to complete and return to Kawai in Milton Keynes, this form came with a Kawai piano I bought for my granddaughter awhile ago, not with my present piano.
-

Although, thinking about it, I may have downloaded that form from the Kawai website at the time....senior moment perhaps?
-

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
As my piano was purchased from outside the UK it may be my completed form will not be validated, I posted it anyway.
-

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Thanks for the warranty form.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
Just a thought, we Hi-Jacked Fred Lierman's thread, sorry Fred.
-

A
A
Thanks to the thread for help in purchasing my CN-33. Followed the advice from another thread (highlighted in this thread) about Sheargold. I bought from there for a princely sum of 1200 GBP with a free set of headphones as well. However, it doesn't come with a bench and the ones they have are way outside my budget.

I am on a search for a bench now - but wondered what peoples thoughts were between an adjustable bench or a fixed bench. I'm an adult but the piano is also for my 7 year old daughter to learn on. I can see the benefit of adjustment but a fixed bench usually has storage (great benefit - we live in a flat and any additional storage like this is welcome). Would a fixed bench be ok for my daughter?

P
P
Congratulations on the new piano -- it's beautiful! Hope you enjoy!

Pam T
Piano Teacher/Church Pianist
1977 Chickering Baby Grand
1961 Baldwin Hamilton Studio
Korg SP-170
www.facebook.com/pamwt
www.PamTurnerPiano.com
M
M
He Ak888, I also just ordered the CN33 (a few days ago from a Dutch retailer). You seem to be located in the UK so i'd like to suggest the following: the adjustable bench from Thomann for only 55 euros! I received it today and it looks perfect! Here's the link http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_kb10bm.htm?sid=dc9a5fcfaeb0d48bc89c6cf58ab0f483

cheers

ak888, congratulations on your new piano!

Regarding your query, I learnt to play on a fixed bench (with lots of space inside for scales and those dreaded music theory books...), but I definitely see the benefits of an adjustable bench.

I'm not sure if this was the point you were making, however if your daughter is struggling to reach the pedals, you may wish to look into renting a set of pedal extenders.

Ah, once you decide on the bench, please do take a shot or two of the new piano in your home.

Cheers,
James
x

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Congratulations ak888. You and your daughter should enjoy the CN33. We'd love it if you can share photo(s) once it's in place.

I also don't have a proper bench, and am reluctant to invest in one without a back rest. I do suggest you consider an adjustable bench for yourself and daughter as the position and posture is so important. Unless of course you're handy with a saw and have lots of spare books to mount it on smile

For my own case I've been looking at drummer's thrones, but they don't really match the decor, so I am told! frown

A
A
I will post photos as soon as I order a bench! Have actually found that Thomann do an adjustable bench with storgae on top which aswers both my questions - and comes in rosewood! Bit more than what I would like to spend but would be worth it!

M
M
My CN33 arrived last wednesday after a long wait but it was well worth it, i'm absolutely adoring it!

Anyway, to fuel the discussion on this DP in this thread, i'd like to invite all of you to share your thoughts on the best settings/voices and to elaborate on that smile

I haven't tried all settings yet but I lean to the Mellow Grand 1 whenever playing.

munq, congrats on your new piano. wink

Please don't forget to post a photo once you've got the room arranged as you like it. wink

Regarding best settings/voices, it may be worth trying out some of TADutchman's CA93/CA63 layered sound suggestions. Obviously the CAs offer quite a lot more control over the tonal character of the sound, however the CNs should still sound pretty great. wink

Cheers,
James
x

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
After much trying and listening I've presently settled for the following settings: Piano = 1/3 (Mellow), Reverb = Stage, the rest of the settings I've left at makers default. I'm still amazed at how great this piano sounds, it makes me want to keep playing so my playing is improving rapidly.
-

I'm still amazed at how great this piano sounds, it makes me want to keep playing so my playing is improving rapidly.

That's a ringing endorsement if ever I heard one - many thanks for that bluebilly!

Cheers,
James
x

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
-
After much trying and listening I've presently settled for the following settings: Piano = 1/3 (Mellow), Reverb = Stage, the rest of the settings I've left at makers default. I'm still amazed at how great this piano sounds, it makes me want to keep playing so my playing is improving rapidly.
-

My two favourites are Piano 1-2 Mellow Grand and Piano 2-2 Studio Grand2. Sometimes the Mellow is too mellow for the piece and the Studio is too 'sharp' (not sure of the adjective to use, maybe also 'attack') for the piece; then there is the fun of layering them on top of each other and varying the degree of mellow or sharpness that comes through. Sorry for the poor descriptions, you can tell I don't have a musical background and the ageing ears aren't too clear any more either. But as bluebilly says this is a great DP and the sounds and music it can make are fantastic.

Edit to add I've just discovered you can save the selected layering of sounds. That's really good.

Last edited by spanishbuddha; 09/12/10 06:55 AM.
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission