2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
28 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, 8 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by YukiPianist
Yes but is because in the picture :
http://www.thomann.de/gb/kawai_cn_33_r_set.htm

it's more light brown than rosewood.

I think that's more like dark brown smile But the lightish tinge I suspect is the lighting.

Maybe a phone call to Thomann?

Y
Y
Yes, but in France it is 10:00 PM, so customer service is closed...

But, I seen your photos, spanisbuddha, and I want the Kawai CN33 in the same color that you. What model have you got?

C
C
I'm debating between black & rosewood. It looks like people in this thread chose rosewood. Any reason you all didn't like black?

I've seen the black in the store and it looks a little "dull". So I'm leaning towards rosewood. I saw both and the rosewood looked a bit nicer IMHO. More like wood while the black looked like plastic.

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Yes I have rosewood.

I considered either the black or the rosewood. The black looked, ahem, cheaper than the rosewood, and I was advised by my interior designer wink that rosewood would fit better in our living room.

J
J
[Linked Image]

My white (!) CN-33 has been delivered today, by Musik Klier in Nuernberg.

It did *not* get lost in the snow, although we had heaps of snow like never before in the night, and we were all struggling to free our cars from under the snow in the morning!

JH.

Y
Y
Thanks to you spanishbuddha, I've buy the Kawai CN33 now. laugh

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by jhaible

Thanks for sharing. Looks quite distinctive, and suits the lighter colours of your room.

I see you have a mat/rug under it. Is that to protect the wood or influence the tone?

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S

Congrats YukiPianist. I hope you enjoy it.

Have you played it in a store? Just curious about the reasons for your (excellent) choice.

J
J
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha

Thanks for sharing. Looks quite distinctive, and suits the lighter colours of your room.

I see you have a mat/rug under it. Is that to protect the wood or influence the tone?

It's to move it around without damaging anything, until it has its final place.

JH.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
jhaible, congratulations on receiving your white CN33, and thank you for posting the nice photograph. wink

I hope your new piano brings you many years of enjoyment.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Y
Y
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha

Congrats YukiPianist. I hope you enjoy it.

Have you played it in a store? Just curious about the reasons for your (excellent) choice.

Yes, I've played it in a French store, I think it's a very good DP, and I've been seduced by the "Ivory Touch with escapement"! Thank you again for your help smile

I will publish photos of the piano when it will delivered to home laugh

C
C

I like the white one too. I don't think yamaha has many white ones so that makes the kawai white ones more unique. My wife said it looked "elton johnish" and advises the rosewood.

J
J

Hello,
I'm coming on a forum for the first time of my life, and it's quite difficult because I don't know how to proceed, and I also have some difficulties with english language ! But, anyway, I'm too motivated to turn back now. Learning to play the piano is my childhood's dream, and I'm about of realize it ! I'd need help to choose between CN-33, CN-42 and CA-18, witch are the most I can afford. I've been prospecting for one month now in many music shops, and on the web too, till I've found this forum...Would you please give me some hints.
Thank you in advance.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by jupiterin

Hello,
I'm coming on a forum for the first time of my life, and it's quite difficult because I don't know how to proceed, and I also have some difficulties with english language ! But, anyway, I'm too motivated to turn back now. Learning to play the piano is my childhood's dream, and I'm about of realize it ! I'd need help to choose between CN-33, CN-42 and CA-18, witch are the most I can afford. I've been prospecting for one month now in many music shops, and on the web too, till I've found this forum...Would you please give me some hints.
Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum juperterin. I take it you are a complete newcomer to piano playing? First of all you have made the right decision to do some research before making any decisions, I wish I'd have done that before I first started. All the digital pianos you have listed above are more than adequate for you to start with, I have the CN-33 and haven't found any digital piano in that price range which betters it. I guess the next steps are, decide which kind of music you want to play, decide whether you are going to teach yourself, select a piano teaching method or, better still, engage a piano teacher, either way ....good luck.
-

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S

Hello,
Thank you in advance.

Any of these models are suitable for a (serious) beginner.

There's a short discussion around the CN42 and CN23 (or CN33) here and the CA18 or CN42 here

Like bluebilly I have a CN33 and think that it's probably the best in its class and price.

You should get the best keyboard action first and then piano sound(s)that you can afford if you're learning piano, but look to other features and functions if you want to explore further. You can always add or improve the piano sound by hooking up the DP to a PC as long as it has a midi or usb to host port.

This thread is full of CN33 enthusiasts of course so lots of info here. Any questions about the CN33? Do visit a store though and check these models out for yourself, and some other brands.

E
E
I was pleasantly surprised by the CN33, so if you can't afford an upper model, CN33 would be my choice.

Last edited by egallego; 12/18/10 01:27 PM.
J
J
Originally Posted by egallego
I was pleasantly surprised by the CN33, so if you can't afford an upper model, CN33 would be my choice.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Rhodes sound.
Epiano 1, switch Velocity to "Light 2", and switch off the chorus, and it's quite good for a home piano.

JH.

J
J
First I would like to thank everybody for having answered so quickly ! Actually, I'm living in a very small village in the "french Alpes", then I unfortunately can't try the touch and sound of these pianos ! All stores that I've contacted by phone in many big cities don't have Kawaï models, except sometimes CA-63(witch is too expensive for me). YAMAHA,ROLAND and KORG is all we can find here ! Sellers all say that people have lots of difficulties to resell a Kawaï DP on the french market. But when I saw Kawaï DP on Thomann web site, I fell in love with their look, and all I can read here are very good arguments.
I'm decided to learn to play the piano with a teacher(I've already find one to start on january !), and I would like to play classic and even "pop" or actual music pieces. I'm waiting for a great touch, and a nice full sound.
Thank you in advance for your good hints.
regards,
Jupiterin

J
J
I've forgotten to say that I would be disappointed if it would sound too métallic !!!

kind regards,
Jupiterin

C
C
First I would like to thank everybody for having answered so quickly ! Actually, I'm living in a very small village in the "french Alpes", then I unfortunately can't try the touch and sound of these pianos ! All stores that I've contacted by phone in many big cities don't have Kawaï models, except sometimes CA-63(witch is too expensive for me).

The CA-63 has keys that are, in my opinion, very similar to the CN-33. So if you can find a dealer that has both the CA-63 and any Yamaha CLP, I would recommend making the trip to try them out. I was quite surprised by how much I preferred the CN-33 over the Yamaha. But I imagine others prefer the Yamaha. To be honest I'd be happy with either one (was considering the CLP-340 which is 1700 euros at that districiz store I forget the name), so you can't go wrong but you might as well get the one you like best.

I ordered mine and hope to have it this week but with the snow & christmas I'm not sure.

Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission