2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (crab89, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, Fried Chicken, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, 9 invisible), 1,250 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
O/T, I've created a new thread HERE for cyclist/pianists to talk about cycling, or post pics. I my case I could be loosely described as a piano player....perhaps a pianist one day.
-

A
A
Hi - been searching for a piano and have settled for the CN-33 after comparing with various Yamaha and ROland DPs. I'm in London and wondered if anyone can point me to a decent dealer who can supply at a decent price! I have come across Rose Morris who initially pointed me to the Kawai over the Yamaha - however one of the comments was that they had wooden keys and hence a much better feel. Subsequent research shows otherwise (even though I still prefer the feel over the Yamaha). So have lost a bit of confidence in purchasing from them. Reluctant to also purchase from thomann.de as there have bee lots of mixed reviews and I would like more local support for warranty etc.

I have searched the kawai uk website but can't find a list of dealers. Any help appreciated.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Great idea bluebilly!

I just posted some pics. wink

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
F
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
F
Originally Posted by ak888
I have come across Rose Morris who initially pointed me to the Kawai over the Yamaha - however one of the comments was that they had wooden keys and hence a much better feel. Subsequent research shows otherwise (even though I still prefer the feel over the Yamaha). So have lost a bit of confidence in purchasing from them.

Ignore your feelings about the rep and buy the DP that you prefer. Reps are trained to present the positive aspects/selling points of what they're selling. It's the consumers' job to balance that presentation with independent research. You've done what a consumer should do.

Frankly the dealer's main value, post sale, is as a conduit to the distributor if warranty issues arise. Those are rare.

If you like that Kawai, take it home and play it until you couldn't care less whom you bought it from;-)

If you don't already own a set of good headphones, you might want to try auditioning good 'phones.

Online Content
ak888,

Some Kawai instruments (CA/CP range, MP8II) do feature wooden keys, however the CN range do not - they utilise a plastic key keyboard.

While this is an oversight from the Rose Morris sales person, however I don't believe this should dissuade you from purchasing from the store - especially if you like the feel of the instrument overall.

As for other UK dealers, may I suggest you email Kawai UK and ask for a list of the closest stores in your city/county.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
Hi ak888, Here's a list of Kawai dealers in the UK, however there are two dealers omitted, Salop Music Centre, Shrewsbury and Broughton Pianos, Belbroughton, near Birmingham, there may be more.
-

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
I was walking on the Clee Hills in Shropshire today, I had stopped for my sandwich lunch at 12 noon when I got a call on my cellphone telling me the delivery driver was at my house with my new piano!! no one had contacted me with a delivery date!!. The good news is my piano is being delivered tomorrow before noon.
-

A
A
Originally Posted by bluebilly
-
Hi ak888, Here's a list of Kawai dealers in the UK, however there are two dealers omitted, Salop Music Centre, Shrewsbury and Broughton Pianos, Belbroughton, near Birmingham, there may be more.
-

Thanks bluebilly - I've not even had a reply from Kawai UK yet!

V
V
In the Buying a DP CA63/HP307/CLP340 thread Vishal got a good deal from Sheargold on a CA93 - they have a branch in Cobham, so depending which side of London you are they might be relatively local.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by ak888
-
-

Thanks bluebilly - I've not even had a reply from Kawai UK yet!

You could always give KAWAI UK a ring, they're only in Milton Keynes.
-

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
My CN-33 arrived this morning, so far I've managed to get it to the entrance to my study by myself after lugging it up two flights of stairs with a half landing in between, don't try this at home, I'm 6'4" and last time I looked in the mirror, 16 stone of muscle. I'm now waiting on one of my son-in-laws to help me lift it onto it's stand, I'm not looking forward to it, he's bigger than me and my daughter often describes as being like "Frank Spenser"...ooch!!.
-

S
S
Is "Frank Spenser" someone clumsy?

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by superwang
Is "Frank Spenser" someone clumsy?

Any Brits around will know the Frank Spencer Guy from the TV shows....he was "clumsy". grin
-

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
I finally got my piano set up, my daughter helped lift the main unit onto the stand, not that difficult but it would have been awkward for one to handle. I haven't put it into it's final position yet I couldn't wait to try it out. I've settled on H1 for the touch setting but need to keep tying other settings to find my favourites.
-

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Congrats bluebilly, at last eh! Any chance of a foto or two? This weekend .... smile

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Congrats bluebilly, at last eh! Any chance of a foto or two? This weekend .... smile

Yep, once I get it into it's final position I'll take a photo, it's in a tiny room and I'm trying to rearrange furniture. The ideal place was in front of the window but it faces West and I get the Sun pouring through it in the latter half of the day.
-

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
I finally manoeuvred the piano into it's finished position, and took a photo, I couldn't get far enough away to take a full width shot, the room is so small....sorry about the sloppy shot, I wa balancing on my heels. smile

[Linked Image]

My old piano stool doesn't colour match but I got a matching adjustable bench with the piano so I might change them over, the new one wouldn't take up so much room. I'm playing "To a Wild Rose" to test the piano settings, a kind of middle of the road type of music...and at my level. I really like being able to save settings once I've decided which ones I like. Due to the size of the room I can't use the volume above the level of the third dot but I had the same thing with my previous piano, not a problem, especially when I wear headphones. I'm just going to experiment with string resonance, the one big difference I notice between the sound of a DP and an Acoustic so a nice additional function on the CN-33.
-

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Thanks for sharing. Interesting bench. At some point you're gonna have to take the protection off the pedals smile I've still got the protection on the display tho'.

Mine is also in a small room, possibly a bit larger than yours and I don't think I've had the volume above half way.

At first I though it was a shame you can only save one default piano sound setting, but I've since found I switch piano sounds around quite a lot to suit the different types of music I try to play.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Thanks for sharing. Interesting bench. At some point you're gonna have to take the protection off the pedals smile I've still got the protection on the display tho'.

Mine is also in a small room, possibly a bit larger than yours and I don't think I've had the volume above half way.

At first I though it was a shame you can only save one default piano sound setting, but I've since found I switch piano sounds around quite a lot to suit the different types of music I try to play.

My user manual says to remove the plastic film from the display but as far as I can tell there is no film on it.
-

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B

My user manual says to remove the plastic film from the display but as far as I can tell there is no film on it.
-

Yes there is, I just peeled it off. grin
-

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission