2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
83 members (Beowulf, AaronSF, apianostudent, anotherscott, aphexdisklavier, AZNpiano, 22 invisible), 527 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Recital #19 --- General Discussion Room
#1496121 08/14/10 09:43 PM
A
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
A
Welcome to the General Discussion Room for the AB Forum Recital 19!!!

Please utilize this room for any discussion of the pieces in Recital 19 that is taking place in the Main Recital Thread.

Discussions and replies can be posted at-will. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:

Recital 19 Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the music! smile

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital #19 --- General Discussion Room
AB Forum Recital #1496205 08/14/10 10:55 PM

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I had intended to cheat and get most of my comments written early, but life and work got in the way. Here's my first batch of 10; more to come later.

01 – Jazzwee: Oh, what a lovely start to the recital. I’m not familiar with the original, but I can assure you that this piece works wonderfully at the slower tempo.

02 – Super-hunky: I like your version of MacArthur Park better than the original. You do a great job of conveying the complex emotions of regret, pain, and loss. I especially liked the part at 3:28 when you started getting all wild and crazy with those chords.

03 – Peyton: As much as I miss hearing your beautiful songs, I’m increasingly impressed by the breadth you show in your composing skills. This waltz is gorgeous. I love how the delicate runs in the treble alternate with that low rumbling bass part.

04 – Dannylux: Once again you have introduced me to a composer I had never heard of. I would not have guessed that “Cui” is a Russian name. What a pretty, waltz-like prelude with dramatic undertones.

05 – Sam Smith: I’m going to be disappointed when you finish recording this whole set, Sam, as I’ve enjoyed listening to all of them. I thought you handled the tempo/meter changes very smoothly.

06 – Carl McC: I don’t care if this song is overdone; I love it anyway. You play it with such beautiful emotion. What a wonderful tribute to your sister.

07 – Inlanding/Glen: I had never heard of Ernesto Nazareth, either, so thank you for introducing me to his work. This is a nice, meditative piece with a nice blend of classical and jazz elements.

08 – TrueBeginner: I have loved every section of this long piece. Very Clayderman-esque, sad, and poignant! I hope that you will at some point post all three sections together so I can shamelessly download it into my iTunes.

09 – epf: I have a “greatest hits” sheet music book for Vangelis, but I haven’t tried to play this one yet. It’s a pretty arrangement, and you have inspired me to dig that book out to take a look at it.

10 - Riddler: I used to play this on accordion! smile And I was one of the ones who thought the name was "Fly me to the moon." Great job on giving this a jazzy feel with an irresistible beat.

AB Forum Recital #1496218 08/14/10 11:47 PM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
Mr. Super Hunky:

Oh my! That's just phenomenal. I'm just floored by the flow and musicality of your playing of MacArthur Park.

Damn! Now I'm going to spend the whole evening humming, "Someone left the cake out in the rain..." No matter. This no singing version is still going on my Ipod right next to the Errol Garner.

Kurt

**********************************************************************************************************
Co-owner (by marriage) and part time customer service rep at an electronic musical equipment repair shop.
KurtZ #1496219 08/14/10 11:52 PM
L
L
Everyone sounds great so far! Will do more later

01. Jazzwee - Giant Steps A very nice tune! Changing Keys can be a pain but you did a wonderful job

02. Mr Super-Hunky - MacArthur Park (Cover) Wow! That was really pretty. Nicely done. Fantastic improvising you did there

03. Peyton - Waltz For Bella Beautiful waltz. You have a very nice touch on the piano

04. dannylux / Mel - Prelude In F# Major Op.64 No.13Well played. Another pretty song. It was fun to listen too!

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Op. 19/2 Haven’t Heard this before but sounds great. Good luck on those other 3 you have to do still.

I am currently uploading all of my written piano sheets onto my blog to make things easier. I also have written out a few more sheets. All free check it out if you want smile Any questions, PM me

http://myuniquepianomusic.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/paws1528
Monica K. #1496223 08/15/10 12:20 AM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
01 jazzwee - Giant Steps, John Coltrane
Nice performance. It still sounds pretty good at the slower tempo.

02 Mr Super-Hunky - MacArthur Park, Jimmy Webb
A beautiful interpretation of a beautiful song. I like what you've done with this one. Wonderful, truly wonderful!

03 Peyton - Waltz For Bella, Higgison
This waltz is beautiful. I can picture elegantly dressed couples floating across the dance floor. No, I don't think a tribute to your cat is "sappy." A tremendous performance.

04 dannylux / Mel - Prelude In F# Major Op.64 No.13, César Cui
I cannot imagine music, Russian or otherwise, making good compost, but I will leave that to the obviously superior knowledge of Mr. Cui. What a beautiful piece this is, and you put serious feeling into your interpretation. You certainly captured that quintessentially Russian feeling in the piece. Very dramatic!

05 Sam Smith - Song Without Words, Mendelssohn
I've never played this, but I have always enjoyed listening to it. Great job, Sam. Your interpretation is spot on.

06 Strings & Wood/CarlMc - Wind Beneath My Wings, Larry J Henley & Jeff Silbar
I have always thought Midler's interpretation was the best of the many I have heard. You have captured the emotional essence of the piece with tremendous dynamics and just the right touch of rubato in all the right places. Excellent!

07 Inlanding - Glen - Eponina, Ernesto Nazareth
Nazareth penned some beautiful pieces. Wonderful performance!

08 TrueBeginner - The Journey / Broken, TrueBeginner
I have been looking forward to the finalé of your trilogy. I am not disappointed. Haunting, wistful, and beautiful.

09 epf - Theme from Chariots of Fire, Vangelis
I was in college when the movie came out. I remember how inspiring it was. Your performance brought back that memory. Great job!

10 Riddler (Ed) - Fly Me To The Moon, Bart Howard
Two Ed's in a row - what are the odds? It was Sinatra's recording which changed the key signature for all time. The great Quincy Jones arranged and conducted - I have the album. I like what you did with this song. Quite fun!

11 tdvance (Todd Vance) - Sonatina no. 8 (Pathetique) 1st mvt., Beethoven
This is my favorite Beethoven piece (to listen to - it's way too insanely difficult for me to even think about playing it). Despite the difficulties (and only a concert artist wouldn't have difficulties with this piece), your performance is quite moving. Six months well spent - I could work on this for six years and not play it this well.

12 timmyab - Nocturne op 32 no 1, Chopin
Very nice performance. Your experience is showing.

13 Gary0001 - In The End, Linkin Park
Interesting arrangement. Quite enjoyable and well played.

14 Basia C. - The Clown, Dmitri Kabalevsky
Nice job on a fun piece!

15 joangolfing - Armes Waisenkind (The Poor Orphan), Schumann
Another fun piece well played. Great job.

16 ladypayne & Augustina - Battle Hymn of the Republic
Tremendous fun!

17 CebuKid - Weeping Willow, Scott Joplin
Great job. I think your tempo was just right. Very enjoyable performance.

18 Monica K - Canon in D, Johann Pachelbel
Yes, I like this arrangement, too. It's one of the prettiest, in my opinion. I don't hear all those mistakes you keep talking about, though. Great job!

19 Mohan Karthik - Punnagai Mannan Theme, Ilaiyaraaja
What a beautiful piece! Thanks for sharing it with those of us who are not familiar with the great Indian composers. You've made a most excellent performance here.

20 LaValse - Theme from Schindler's List, John Williams
Beautiful!

I shall listen to more tomorrow. Thanks for the beautiful music, all.

Last edited by TX-Dennis; 08/15/10 12:22 AM.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

TX-Dennis #1496229 08/15/10 12:31 AM
EJR Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
01. Jazzwee - Giant Steps
Spacey! From a lead sheet - awesome!

02. Mr Super-Hunky - MacArthur Park (Cover)
Thoroughly enjoyable Mr S-H! A great impressoinistic arrangement.

03. Peyton - Waltz For Bella
Wonderful. It sure isn't Strauss: its a lot more interesting.
It seems to have a sort of 'Behind the Iron Curtain'/Kurt
Weill thing going on with a really interesting vibe/atmosphere.
I liked this very much.

04. dannylux / Mel - Prelude In F# Major Op.64 No.13
I'm not familiar with this composer (César Cui), but I think you are
doing a great job in 'spreading the word'.
I liked the dynamics. A fantastic performance.

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Op. 19/2
A dark and broody piece.

06. Strings & Wood/CarlMc - "Wind Beneath My Wings"
A tender and emotional performance, you played this beautifuly.
I particularly enjoyed your phrasing and dynamics - great
control...

The Schimmel/Zoom which sounds great!

07. Inlanding - Glen - Eponina
Ernesto Nazareth is another composer I'm not familiar with.
A pretty "parlour" piece. You played this piece very well which
sounds very tricky in places but you gave a very smooth and suave
performance.

08. TrueBeginner - The Journey / Broken
A very 'cinematic' piece. Nice performance.

09. epf - Theme from Chariots of Fire
Sounds like you had loads of fun. Well done. Vangelis is awesome.

10. Riddler (Ed) - Fly Me To The Moon
Wow a whole band! Cool - nice one...
Sounds like you were having a lot of fun.
Very enjoyable.

11. tdvance (Todd Vance) - Sonatina no. 8 (Pathetique) 1st mvt.,
Dramatic start to this one! A great brooding peformance - excellent.

12. timmyab - Nocturne op 32 no 1
Delicately played, loved the phrasing and dynamics.
Great performance!!

13. Gary001 - In The End
Great! Linkin Park. We need more nu/rap metal in these recitals!
This is a gentle delicate version by Mr Davis...
Well played!

\m/

14. Basia C. - The Clown (to do)
I enjoyed this. But its sounds one of those evil, creepy Clowns to me.

15. joangolfing - Armes Waisenkind (The Poor Orphan)
I'd adopt. Nicely played.

16. ladypayne and Augustina - The Battle Hymn Republic piano duet
You guys had oodles of fun here. This put a smile on my face. Love the page
turns! Great fun! Great momentum...

17. CebuKid - Weeping Willow - A Ragtime Two-step
A thoroughtly enjoyable, jaunty peformance of a pretty rag.
The piano tone suits this piece very well and I'm looking forward to
seeing it on YT. Well done.

18. Monica K. - Canon in D
What not Einaudi? Monica you played this beautifully, great phrasing, builds
nicely, very slick, relaxing & calming.

I couldn't sleep tonight (at the moment its 05:31 here).
This is just what I need and I think it's working ....zzzzzzzzz.

EJR #1496240 08/15/10 01:24 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This is my first time listening to the recitals with headphones instead of my crappy laptop speakers - much better and more intimate. smile

Awesome start to the recital! Loved it, and left me wishing to learn jazz more.

I'm too young to be familiar with the song ( laugh ) but it was well played, nonetheless!

Comment on You Tube

What an absolute gem of a piece. I loved this! Added to the list of stuff I hope to play before I win the lottery.

Beautifully played. Your dedication to learning this shows throughout the piece!

Sorry to hear about your sister. The piece was beautifully played - I'm sure your sister would have been very proud of your performance.

What a gentle touch you have. What a graceful piece and performance!

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
BenPiano #1496310 08/15/10 05:55 AM
EJR Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
19. Mohan Karthik - Punnagai Mannan Theme
Another new composer to me. A slightly idiosyncratic piece this one. However, I have to say how expertly it was played, crisp, clear
and accurate throughout. Pianoteq sounds nicely set up for this one.
Nicely done.

20. LaValse - Theme from Schindler's List
A mournful and sad piece. Tenderly played.

21. Schubertian - Fantasie in c minor, K475
Ah Mozart! Touchingly played with delicacy but with great dynamics when required. You take us along with you throughout....
In spite of your reservations I think it was a great peformance.

22. mahlzeit - Recital 19
A pretty piece, with an almost Bach Chorale feel at the start. I like the way it grows as the melody comes in.

EJR #1496348 08/15/10 07:57 AM
Z
Z
I thought all of them were beautiful, but I only know so many positive adjectives, so I will just pick out a couple that warrant special praise.

Very beautiful tune. I had never heard the song before, but your rendition is stunning.

I love this Opus. I was surprised and happy to see someone play Cui. Great music. Not one of my personal favourites but it might be when it's played this well.

Beautiful and emotional. This is great.

I love this song, but I haven't heard it for so long (and I didn't know how it was called or where it was from). Great playing, though maybe a little on the fast side.

I'll listen to therest later.

"Practice makes perfect, but obsession makes better."
Zindaras #1496350 08/15/10 08:03 AM
EJR Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
23. John Frank - Minuet and Trio, K.1
A pretty little minuet, nicely done.

24. Mar_red - I Will Wait For You
Very smooth.

25. LisztAddict - Impromptu Op 90 No 3
Absolutely awesome. A very professional, polished and quite emotional performance.

26. AnthonyB - Nuvole Bianche
One of Einaudi's best and you nailed it completely. A beautiful rendition. Pianoteq sounds great as well, what settings did you use?

27. MIghtyS - Fantasie Impromptu C-sharp minor Op.66
A great performance of this difficult piece.

28. wouter79 - Ases Tot
Dark and forboding. Well played.

Zindaras #1496353 08/15/10 08:28 AM
A
A
Well, I just woke up so thought I'd start listening to everyone's recital songs before I start doing stuff for the day^_^
1. Jazzwee- Giant Steps did sound difficult to play, but looks like you got it down pretty good, It sounded Great! hope you have a great vacation!^_^
2. Mr Super-Hunky. I always have a hard time playing pieces by ear, I've never heard MacArthur Park before. It was a nice relaxing piece to wake up to this morning. Awesome job:)
3. Peyton- Another song I've never heard before, I like it!
4. Dannylux/Mel This was a very pretty, and another relaxing song, I enjoyed it a lot:)
5. Sam Smith, this was very well played. Can't wait to hear the other 3 pieces:)
6. Strings & Wood.. your from Colorado?:) me and my sister just spent a week there 2 weeks ago, was great! I have listened to Wind beneath my wings so many times, and you played it very well, I also like the sound of your piano:)
7. Inlanding I've never heard of Ernesto Nazareth, I might have to give him a try sometime, This was another very well played song, and also very pretty:)
8. TrueBeginner- its great that you write so many beautiful songs; Keep them coming:) This was another nice piece to listen to this morning.
9. Epf My mom use to watch Chariots of Fire.. I still haven't seen it all the way through though. You did great on this song:)
10. Riddler Fly Me to the moon, sounded bouncy and fun to play, and it was enjoyable to listen to, smile

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
Augustina #1496404 08/15/10 10:34 AM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
#30 Gracie Cat and #40 Copper - Amazing Grace

Thought I'd start Sunday morning with these smile Boy, I didn't go wrong there! Gracie Cat - yours was delightful and very pretty. Copper - wow. This was wonderful. Very awe-ing - that kind of quiet majestic. I liked the hint of strings/organ in the background, too. Like walking into a church early before the service starts, and just slipping into a pew.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
jotur #1496457 08/15/10 11:56 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly 3mths goes by. I've gotta get cracking in my mind on stuff I want to do for the November recital, maybe I can crank out the Christmas Song (we'll see). I've said it before and I'll be sure to say it again..

So happy and proud to be a part of this online family and our journey great work everyone!

OK here's my first batch of 20. I confess that the last recital got away from me and with restricted access to work I failed to listen to them all and or even comment and say thanks to those who did on mine (bad Steve, never again).

Very bright and cheerful. Listening to this on a nice Sunday morning with a fresh cup of espresso, perfect opener and extremely well done. I especially love the subtle tones and runs,licks in this piece. I will confess to have recently purchased a Jazz DVD (fellow You Tube and possibly PianoWorlder?. Will eventually get into this soon since I want to record and learn Christmas song, well, before Christmas smile

OK so you can feel free to edit out the microphone turning on and we won't knock you for it. My GOD your M&H sounds divine. Excellent playing S&H, really brings out the piece and LOVE the way the runs & chord progressions just come together, not muddy in any way. Well I wouldn't expect them to be but if I were to attempt this right it would be. Do we have anymore pics about of your piano it it's gorgeous setting? I remember you being in AZ yes? only 6hrs or so from SoCal so when's the Mr S&H Piano Party? smile

What a great way to pay homage and respect to a great friend. Nicely done Peyton!

Great piece - nicely played!

Great work Sam, LOVE the almost spinet sound of your piano.

As a bloke I'm fine with admitting that "Beaches" was a great movie. I LOVE this piece and will eventually play it (don't we all have a list of one day songs?) I LOVED your version and the playing. You can really feel the emotion of the piece and the reason it's so special to you. I myself also lost my sister many years ago and will hopefully play something one day as good as this to honor her..

By 1917 O is that a S&S? Great sound and I like the almost twitchy arrangement of the piece. Forgive me as this means no disrespect as I begin to ever grow and expand my correct musical reference wordings smile well done..

08. TrueBeginner - The Journey / Broken
You make me sick! LOL OK let me clarify, we've been playing for approximately the same time so when I hear stuff like this, your own composition, I am truly in awe at your talent and insanely jealous. I will eventually learn to compose I'm sure and I just hope I can churn out stuff as great as this, another perfect piece - well done!

Such a great piece and of course, it’s from the good old British movie (or at least it was used in it) that depicted Roger Banister breaking the 4m mile.. Well done, are you going to play this at the August Piano Group meet up?

Another excellent Jazz piece. I’ve got this on a DVD I just got but I am not ready to attempt it just yet. The piece and the backing are perfect together – excellent!

Excellent Todd and my god man, 8m piece !

A lovely and bright & dancing piece – great job!

13. Gary001 - In The End
Another fellow Brit! WOW 2.5yrs (same as me) and this sounds great, lovely work. Good job mate!

14. Basia C. - The Clown
Great sparky piece !

Lovely, well done!

Very busy with both sets of hands – great job!

Well that’s one heck of an opening piece to your ABF debut! Simply amazing, excellent work!

No Einaudi? I kid but great job Monica, one of my all time favorite pieces. I must re-do mine since the first time I played it was the shortened Alfred version.

Wow that’s a lot of work and played so very well!

20. LaValse - Theme from Schindler's List (to do)
I love movie music (one of my main inspirations for taking up piano) nicely done indeed!

On to the next 20...

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
TTigg #1496463 08/15/10 12:11 PM
Thanks for everyone's comments so far. This is the first time I "attempt" to post comment on the recital. So it will be slow and be patient with me.

First batch:
Nice playing. I love the constrast between the left hand and the right hand,the right hand strokes are very crisp.
I am not familiar with the song, but you played beautifully. Your dynamic is perfect and your piano tone and the recording quality are really good. There were some background noises to answer my doubt of a live recording smile
This is my favorite from you so far. I like the mood it conveyed and I love those notes runs. I feel a little bit of bitter sweet in there.
Your playing is perfect: Tempo, Touch, Dynamic... I can not find any flaw in this piece.
I think your playing expressed the emotion in this piece very well, and I like this piece, I put it in my list for future learning.
Usually when I listen to a well known pop song on piano solo I can not separate my feeling from the original one. But now, I listen to your on a rainy day, I have a totally new feeling and I think your playing/expression is making the different here.
Lovely piece beautifully played, what else can I say.
I haven't heard that song for a while. I enjoyed it a lot and you played it well as usual
"Your band" really stands out in the recital, I found myself tapping and bobbling my head to your piece. Thank you.
I am sure that is a hard one to play but you did it smoothly and without overplaying it. Love it.
Another great classical one, it's hard to follow Todd, but you held your own.
13. Gary001 - In The End
This sounds New Age-ist, well played.

TB

jotur #1496474 08/15/10 12:31 PM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
21 Schubertian - Fantasie in c minor, K475, Mozart
Mozart and bongos - what a thought. How about a full Latin rhythm section to go along with them? A long challenging piece played at concert level perfection. Where are those bars that need more work? I don't hear them. The tone of your instrument fits this piece perfectly. You exhibit a delicate touch when needed and play with confident authority where it is called for. Wonderful dynamics as well. Couldn't be better.

22 mahlzeit - Recital 19, some Dutch guy
The beginning is lush and beautiful; a bit like a sacred piece from one of the great masters. Then it morphs into something more like a movie theme. Quite an enjoyable piece.

23 John Frank - Minuet and Trio, K.1, Mozart
I'm so accustomed to hearing you play pop/jazz standards in the piano bars that this comes as a bit of a surprise to me. You succeeded - this isn't mediocre, it's quite good. Nice job.

24 Mar_red - I Will Wait For You, Michel Legrand
Legrand wrote so many gorgeous and lush pieces. This is one of my favorites. You play it with feeling and a wonderful touch.

25 Liszt Addict - Impromptu Op 90 No 3, Schubert
I have come to expect concert level performances from you. This is no exception. Beautiful touch with wonderful dynamics. I would eat tofu and squid every day if I thought it would help me play like you. Alas, it will not. Bravo! May I say your piano's bass register sounds wonderful.

26 Anthony B - Nuvole Bianche, Ludovico Einaudi
I hope you made a CD for your Dad so he can enjoy it over and over again. This is excellent - great job!

27 MIghtyS - Fantasie Impromptu C-sharp minor Op.66, Chopin
This piece is beautiful and insanely difficult to play as well as you do. What a nice touch you have on the fast bits! Great dynamics throughout. A truly impressive performance.

That's all for now. Thanks for all the great music, everyone.

Last edited by TX-Dennis; 08/15/10 12:32 PM.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

(Was)TrueBeginner #1496506 08/15/10 01:31 PM
Next batch:
14. Basia C. - The Clown
What a fun piece to play! I like it.
It is an interesting piece. Those rests made it a child like song and the melody is haunting and sad. Your playing interpreted them well.
Is it the first duet submission of AFB recitals? I like it. You guys are in sync. Especially the chorus parts. I was wondering who did the page turning, who did the pedal?
you sounded a little nervous at the beginning but when you got in to the groove, it was a very fun to listen to your piece.
I like this arrangement. Especially toward the end. It gave me a feeling of water running to the shore wave after wave the next one is stronger than the previous one. Your playing is impeccable as always since the day I found this forum on the internet. What all the Pachelbel cursing is about ?
A dramatic piece and you played it well
20. LaValse - Theme from Schindler's List
I loved this emotional piece when I watched the movie. Thank you for bringing the memory back.
If I made a CD of those classical pieces of this recital alone, Nobody will say it is coming from the ABF. Your is no exception. You guys are pro.
Beautiful simple melody. I can see it in a movie soundtrack or a show theme.
I think you improve very much technically since several recitals ago. This sounds like a challenging piece to me and I really enjoy it.
This was one of my favorite piece, so I was really looking to hear your piece and I love it, it will probably be my next piece to learn when I got time.

TB

(Was)TrueBeginner #1496524 08/15/10 01:59 PM

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
What wonderful music! I'm in awe again, everyone's playing is so enjoyable!

01. Jazzwee - Giant Steps Really, really well done! The slower tempo doesn't matter when the playing is so wonderful! Very articulate performance.

02. Mr Super-Hunky - MacArthur Park (Cover) I've always loved this song, even the weird lyrics. Great arrangement, SH! All those notes and chords and you kept the melody foremost with a nice delicacy. I think you've improved upon the original.

03. Peyton - Waltz For Bella Your talent never ceases to amaze me! To compose and play so beautifully...there's something a little Chopinesque in your waltz. I really like the way you structured this piece.

04. dannylux / Mel - Prelude In F# Major Op.64 No.13 Very nice performance. I had never heard the preludes - this one is beautiful and a delight to listen to.

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Op. 19/2 You've done a wonderful job on this one, Sam! Very smooth and flowing. I think it's great you're doing all 6 in op. 19. I also really love your recording - I feel as if I'm in the room with you.

06. Strings & Wood/CarlMc - "Wind Beneath My Wings" A lovely tribute, Carl. You have created a big emotional response from me here. Great touch and your feeling comes through this piece wonderfully! Not overdone for me, I love this song and am very glad you submitted it!

07. Inlanding - Glen - Eponina Glen, what a perfect touch you have for this piece! Very romantic and relaxed playing. I hadn't heard this particular piece before you played it, and always enjoy listening to new work. Very refined.

08. TrueBeginner - The Journey / Broken Beautifully sorrowful composition. I'm amazed, as ever, at your talent.

09. epf - Theme from Chariots of Fire Every time I hear this I see all those runners on the beach smile. Very nicely played with a fanfare-ish feel to it.

10. Riddler (Ed) - Fly Me To The Moon Smoothly cool & swingin'! cool Loved it! (I'm glad the title changed - "In Other Words" just isn't as catchy).

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
CMohr #1496543 08/15/10 02:47 PM

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
1. Jazzwee - Coltrane Giant Steps I am not familiar with this piece but it is certainly a very interesting one! It sounds great to me, and I'm impressed you took on such a difficult piece and played it so it was easy to enjoy!

2, Mr. Super-Hunky - MacArther Park I like this piece of music...and this is your own arrangement! Wow - I think it is great! Did you write it out or did you (do you) hold it all in your head? Most enjoyable, thank you!

3 Peyton -Waltz for Bella Lovely piece - delicate tones but a hint of sorrow and darkness. Bittersweet perhaps? ooh, love when you move the melody to the left hand !

4 Dannylux - Prelude In F# Major Op.64 No.13 This is new music for me, but what a lovely introduction. It is an elegant piece and you've done an excellent job with it. Complimenti!

5 Sam Smith - Song without words Op 19/2 You've got a really nice touch here you make it sound so simple. A beautiful rendition. Thank you !

6 Strings and Wood Wind beneath my Wings So peaceful - A wonderful commemoration of your sister's love for it. Well done indeed.

7 Inlanding - EponinaLove this piece - every time I hear it I get different images floating through my head -but they are all good ones. Lovely work Glen!

8 True Beginner - The Journey/Broken Very gentle, evocative. It was very interesting to read the background stories and match the feelings to the music. Good for you!

9. epf - Theme from Chariots of Fire I love this piece, love that you tackled it! I think it sounds deceptively simple - nice work.

10 Riddler - Fly me to the moon We have umpteen versions of this piece in our music library - -your version is a delight to listen to!

11 Todd Vance - Sonatina N8 Pathetique Oh, this is great! The few errors that are there simply make it an honest performance. I really enjoyed your playing! I feel inspired!

12 timmyrab - Nocturne op 32 no 1 This is truly lovely - poetically presented.I don't think you're really a beginner though! Goodness!

13gary001 - In the end Congratulations, Your three months of hard work has paid off in spades !

14 Basia C - the Clown What a fun piece - some interesting quirky tones...I agree with someone who commented earlier, I think your clown is a bit sinister - well played, but sinister smile - and I love the background story. We have to appreciate friends who spur us on to try new things!

15 joangolfing Armes Waisenkind (The Poor Orphan) Lovely sound to this piece - it seems almost 14th C in some respects. Very nicely played.

16 Lady Payne and Augustina - Battle Hymn of the Republic Oh, now that was FUN!!!!!!!!! (love the little whoosh of the page turning too) Thanks for such a cheery rendition of a famous piece. I was grinning like crazy listening to you!

17 cebukid Ragtime Great performace - congrats on your first e-cital! A lovely bouncy energetic piece. Most enjoyable.

18 Monica K - Canon in D This is my absolute favourite piece of music categorically. When played well it moves me to tears. I was thrilled to see you were going to perform, I listened with my eyes shut, - at times it seemed you must have found a third hand to produce those sounds! smile .... and YES, ...I cried a bit. Brava, brava indeed.

19 Mohan Karthik Punnagai Mannan Theme I'm totally ignorant on this composer, but the piece chose to play is really interesting - I liked the base-line in particular.

20 La Valse theme from Schindler's list Beautifully played. You captured the haunting tones and stirred emotions with this piece, for sure.

Shubertian - Fantasia in C Minor So glad you decided to forego the bongos, they are so passée, I mean, really.. All. kidding aside, what a brilliant effort!

That's probably it for today - looking forward to listening to the next pieces soon!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

casinitaly #1496546 08/15/10 02:51 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Next 20.....

LOVE the sound of your Estonia, great piece and such concentration for 11m!

Well I’m sure glad you decided to get this one down (on recording) such great work, love the piece and how smoothly the emotions come over.

Great work JF! I’ve gotta get back into #3 so I can get caught up with you guys and finish it.

Very nice piece – thanks for submitting.

25. LisztAddict - Impromptu Op 90 No 3
Very well done!

26. AnthonyB - Nuvole Bianche
NAILED IT! My favorite piece of this recital thus far. OK so I’m biased towards Einaudi but man, this is excellent. I gotta try to get proper recordings done since yours sounds so crisp & clear. I mean the playing is of course but the actual recording also – Bravo !!

27. MIghtyS - Fantasie Impromptu C-sharp minor Op.66
Very impressive and nicely controlled!

28. wouter79 - Ases Tot
For 3mths that is insanely well done!

29. Serge88 - Le Monde Est Stone
Great to hear from you and such a lovely piece. Excellent work!

30. GracieCat - Amazing Grace
That’s extremely well done for 8mths, keep up the great work!

31. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Marchita el Alma
Very smooth and flowing piece – thanks for sharing.

32. hawgdriver - Promenade
Keep up the great work, I also have to really get better on pedal myself.

33. cscl - Bagatelle in D, Op. 33, No. 6
Very nicely done – so glad you found time to get this one in and submitted!

34. grotrianer - Les collines d'Anacapri
Such a pretty piece – thanks so much for sharing!

35. Moscheles001 - Invention No. 2 in C minor
Well it sounds great so I would have a hard time believing you. Kidding aside I think I know exactly what you mean. I’ve been struggling myself to try to get a “clean” recording with no extra muffles or sounds in. I didn’t hear anything like this in yours by the way, great work!

36. CASINITALY - Burgmuller Op100 N1, Candore
Keep up the work, you’re doing great!

37. MegumiNoda - Piano Sonata in a minor (K310) 1st movement
Very well played!

38. BenPiano - Victor's Piano Solo from Corpse Bride
I’m so glad you chose this when asked which one to put in!! excellent work!

39. jotur/Cathy Turner - Sail Along, Silv'ry Moon
Very Ragtime’sh – liked it a lot!

40. Copper - Amazing Grace
Snap we have the same keys! Very nicely done indeed.

Will finish up the last 20 later today thumb

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
TTigg #1496577 08/15/10 03:47 PM
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
EJR, TTigg,

Thanks for the nice feedback!

Lots of credits also go to my teacher who helped me pull to this level. I'm still surprised that we started working on this piece right away, I thought it would be too hard for a starter.

And also I have a solid background in playing viola and musical analysis which really helped me.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Musician's Hand Sanitizer available in our online store (and our Maple Street Music shop in Cornish Maine). Antibacterial, 62% ethyl alcohol. Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Tons more music related products in our online store!
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pinky trouble....
by Eric Watkins - 07/02/20 04:48 PM
Piano for dogs?
by Emery Wang - 07/02/20 04:33 PM
New Yamaha C2X or older DC2?
by J-Net - 07/02/20 03:36 PM
How do organize your practice?
by Sebs - 07/02/20 03:21 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics199,988
Posts2,976,008
Members97,628
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission