2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, accordeur, antune, 11 invisible), 1,795 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Y
Y
Originally Posted by Kawai James

I believe most, if not all MIDI sequencing software allows the playback tempo to be adjusted, and for individual tracks to be turned on and off. ...

GarageBand is only available for Mac OS, however similar applications do exist, ranging in price and complexity.

James,

Thank you very much for the info of MIDI sequencing software, and for your comment on GarageBand.

YoungH

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
I finally ordered my CN-33, I did one more trip around the piano dealers, re-tried the competition, and decided the CN-33 was the best buy. I did consider the CA-63 but decided the CN-33 had my basic requirements, a nice keyboard and a nice grand piano sound. I've only ordered my CN-33 30 minutes ago on-line so I'm not aware of the delivery date yet. I'll try to post pictures when I get it but the room it's going into is so small there's barely room for me, the piano, desk, printers and bookcases, I may have to take the door of the room off to get the piano in. Unfortunately my long legs negate my buying a compact piano and I can't compete with my wife's 42" TV, and constant soap operas, in our living room where I would have more space, so, in the interests of marital bliss I'm putting the piano back into my study.

BTW. O/T. James, I empathise with your recent cycling accident, I too am an avid cyclist, up until 10 years ago I used to make annual trips cycle-camping down through France into Spain. These days I do three rides per week of around 20 miles, just for the exercise.
-

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by bluebilly
-
I finally ordered my CN-33, I did one more trip around the piano dealers, re-tried the competition, and decided the CN-33 was the best buy. I did consider the CA-63 but decided the CN-33 had my basic requirements, a nice keyboard and a nice grand piano sound. I've only ordered my CN-33 30 minutes ago on-line so I'm not aware of the delivery date yet. I'll try to post pictures when I get it but the room it's going into is so small there's barely room for me, the piano, desk, printers and bookcases, I may have to take the door of the room off to get the piano in. Unfortunately my long legs negate my buying a compact piano and I can't compete with my wife's 42" TV, and constant soap operas, in our living room where I would have more space, so, in the interests of marital bliss I'm putting the piano back into my study.

BTW. O/T. James, I empathise with your recent cycling accident, I too am an avid cyclist, up until 10 years ago I used to make annual trips cycle-camping down through France into Spain. These days I do three rides per week of around 20 miles, just for the exercise.
-

Yes! Another CN33 player from the UK and on PW. Congrats. Looking forward to the photo's when yours is delivered.

I ordered from a local store and got a price close to, but not quite as good as the best you can find on Google for an Internet retailer. I will update the prices thread after 3 months (at the request of the dealer).

OT: I'm a fair weather cyclist, so not that regular in the UK smile but cycling in the UK on public roads is dicey IMHO (probable understatement). I've been lucky so far, touch wood.

Last edited by spanishbuddha; 08/05/10 06:05 PM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
bluebilly/crusader, congratulations!

Which finish did you go for, just out of interest?
And, if you don't mind my asking, is there a particular reason why you opted to purchase the instrument online, rather than from the dealer's shop?

O/T: A friend has recently returned from a cycling tour throughout Europe. It's certainly something I would also love to do in the future, however for the time being I shall just focus on returning to fitness and building back up to my regular riding schedule, before continuing to explore Japan. This time last year I was riding to Tokyo, currently I'd just be happy to make it to the supermarket and back.

Anyway, good luck with your CN33, getting the door off your study, and maintaining marital bliss. wink

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Hi James,
I went for the Rosewood finish and saved around £200 purchasing on-line from Germany. However, I've only placed the order so far, I'm expecting to receive email confirmation today.

D
D
Hi everyone,
I also got my new kawai cn 33 the last week: I'm very happy about the feel, the keys and the sound too. I took it mahogany and I like it so much. I had to buy it in Germany on line because in Italy it was selt in very few shops but everything went fine about the delivery.

carpe diem
Congratulations on your new piano Daniela, and welcome to the forum!

Great choice of finish too - Mahogany is also my personal favourite (it looks really terrific in the brochure...).

Cheers,
James
x

D
D
Hi James,
as soon as possible I will send a piano's pic. I also better like the mahogany forniture. I really think this piano is so great choise considering the price and the quality of the sound and the keyboard. I didn't think the speakers could work so good when I tried it in a music contest in Bologna ( I must admit that was a so big noise mess there) but they do so well at home even if the power is only 20 watts.
In the start I wanted to buy the ca 63 but then I decided for the cn 33 also to spare some money and I'm very happy now about my choise.

carpe diem
D
D
I saw in a shop on line a new color forniture : the white one :-)
It seems kawai is going to launch other colors of our favourite piano. I think the kawai cn 33 is going to be appreciate on the market.
Greetings

carpe diem
Daniela, yes, we're adding a white model to the line-up. wink

It's obviously not for everyone, however I'm sure some consumers will appreciate the ability to match the piano with the rest of their furniture.

May I ask where you saw the CN33W online, by the way?

Cheers,
James
x

D
D
I saw it in a german shop on line called "bauer - music" and it was already on sell. Is that model different from the other ones only about the color or about something else?

carpe diem
Daniela, thank you.

To answer your question, the technical specifications of the white CN33 are identical to the standard finish models. The changes are purely cosmetic (white cabinet, white panel strip).

Cheers,
James
x

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Daniela Danesi
Hi everyone,
I also got my new kawai cn 33 the last week: I'm very happy about the feel, the keys and the sound too. I took it mahogany and I like it so much. I had to buy it in Germany on line because in Italy it was selt in very few shops but everything went fine about the delivery.

Daniela, welcome to the growing PW group of CN33 players. It's a great DP. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

D
D
Hi spanishbuddha I have already taken some pics of my new cn 33 but I don't know how I can send them on the forum from my pc. I'm a little clumpsy about all these technical things and I'm also new on the forum :-) The most problems is how I can put the pics on the display forum. Could you help me pls.
Best regards

carpe diem
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubb...20Pictures%20to%20Forums.html#Post908865

This describes how to send images to the PW 'holding cell' and then insert them in a post. It seems clumsy at first, but it's not actually hard if you 'cut-and-paste' the image location from the e-mail PW sends you.

It would be great to see your photos of your music room.

Clef

D
D
[Linked Image]

I hope it's working now that should to show my new DP Kawai cn 33. thanks especially to Jeff who explained me how to send the pics.
Greetings

carpe diem
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Hi Daniela, thanks for the pic. I had not seen a mahogany finish before, except in the brochures. Looks great.

I guess that you had to assemble it yourself if it was an Internet delivery?

Enjoy your CN33. It's a great DP from Kawai, really good value for the price.

U
U
Congratulation to your CN33. The Mahagony looks great as well. Also the bench matches the pianos color very nicely.

Pianos and Service - www.martinwidmannklaviere.de
Piano parts and Accessories - www.pianosupply.de
D
D
Hi spanishbuddha and Mawima, yes I am so happy with my new DP. Spanishbuddha I couldn't assemble it alone because the keyboard was heavy fortunally a couple of friends helped me so it was easy and fast.
If I must be honest they did the hard work:-)
That should be interesting to know what setting are you using for your cn 33 to share some suggestions.
Greetings

carpe diem
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
I just received email confirming my order for my CN-33 is being processed, I'm just waiting for a delivery date now.....exciting ain't it?

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission