2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Barly, 1957, btcomm, brennbaer, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, 13 invisible), 1,912 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Frozenicicles, jazzwee, Peyton, CMohr, Inlanding, Peyton, Sam Smith , HomeInMyShoes - hope I'm not forgetting anyone : thank you for your feedback.
It's a nice motivation boost smile

I'll finish to comment as soon as I have some free time !

“Music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter and charm it, and thereby always remain music.” - WA Mozart.
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
01. dannylux / Mel - Prelude in D flat Op.33 No.8 Lots of stuff going on here, and you handle it all so well. "Lush" is a great word to describe it. Thanks for the nice explanation of the piece's structure, too.

02. Manndrew (Andy) - My Song What a pleasant, relaxing piece to listen to as I sit here sipping me tea. I especially like the part toward the end where the first theme returns at that slower tempo. Nice playing.

03. b528nf7 (Bill) - Your Song Pretty cool that you sing while playing so well. Great job on "faking" it.

04. TrueBeginner - Somewhere Very nice composition and nicely payed too. Double congrats.

05. BenPiano - Sonatina Op. 55, No. 1 Ben, I'm really impressed with your progress since the last recital. Keep it up!

06. Mr Super-Hunky - The Ludlows- theme from Legends of the Fall movie I like the emotions you are able to bring out in your playing. Nice!

07. tdvance (Todd Vance) - Wedding Day at Troldhagen Wow, what kind of concentration does that take, to play a 9-minute piece? I like how you bring out the different characters of each section. Your playing really tells a story.

08. Strings & Wood/CarlMc - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You Carl, your playing is very expressive. You bring a lot of that to this piece. I enjoyed your performance. But hold that last note longer!

09. John Frank - Return to the Heart A pretty piece and nicely played. Thank you for sharing it.

10. Riddler (Ed) - Impressions I'm sorry I don't understand jazz and some of the terms like "modal" and "Dorian mode". But my feet were tapping, and I certainly enjoyed it.

11. mahlzeit - Recital 18 This has a nice swing to it. Glad you were able to find time to compose and perform it!

12. Ken. - Ask Me Now Congratulations on your first jazz piece. I imagine it's difficult to switch to a new genre.

13. flyingfroggy - Nocturne in B flat minor Op. 9 No. 1 Ahh... Lovely, lovely, lovely! I hope to someday be able to play this.

14. Edtek - Johnson Rag Fun! You have a nice rhythm with this.

15. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Op. 19/6 I enjoyed listening to this, as I did your #4 a couple recitals back. Will look forward to hearing the others as you learn them. (I'm currently working on #1; the voicing is difficult for me.)

16. ladypayne - Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas Glad you were able to submit this amidst all your travel. I like the tempo; it gives it an air of excitement.

17. Mohan Karthik - My Heart will go on Nice job on learning this piece. I enjoyed your performance.

18. ten left thumbs aka Laura - Five Stars Laura, that was so pretty! I want to hear more!

19. Frozenicicles - …tude Op. 25 No. 7 "Cello" Wow, those left-hand runs are impressive! So many parts of this sound really tricky, but you play them so well. You've done a wonderful job.

20. joangolfing - Italian Concerto--Andante Movement I like your light touch on the quick notes in the right hand. So is the first section coming next?

21. HomeInMyShoes - Op. 30 No. 6 (Venetian Boat Song) Oh so smooth and expressive! I really like your playing. I'm sure your son will come to love Mendelssohn too.

22. Coldsalmon - Aria from The Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 I especially like the second half of this piece.

23. bluekeys - When You Say Nothing At All Don't know this song, but it doesn't sound country to me. Too pretty. wink Good job improvising! You're doing some nice things with this piece.

24. pianonewb - Because He Lives It sounds like you really put all your feelings into this. Inspiring!

25. Peyton - Babbleon How interesting! I don't even know what style this is, but I absolutely love it! It has a kind of Oriental air to it in the beginning, and then it just gets seriously intense after that. Sounds technically challenging to play, too.

26. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - Reflection I really like this song and your playing of it. I had no idea there were so many versions of it recorded. You do a nice job with this one. (Mulan is one of my favorite Disney movies. When I found out my piano teacher had never seen it, I had to lend him the video.)

27. AnotherSchmoe - Memories Of Green Cool sounding. Nice use of effects for this.

28. Augustina - Fur Elise Thank you for playing. I enjoyed listening to your performance.

29. AnthonyB - Indaco You do a good job conveying the moodiness of this piece. Nice playing.

30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7 I think it's wonderful to feel that way about a piece -- that there's always more you can do with it. Sounds like you've made a great start!

31. Jazzwee - Very Early Interesting piece. Jazz is somewhat of a challenge for me to listen to, because I don't really understand its structure. (Is there structure in jazz?) You play it beautifully, though.

32. Serge88 - My Heart Will Go On I like your dynamics -- very gentle and flowing. What a pretty version of this song.

33. Euan Morrison - Written On The Sky Lovely playing, as usual. Glad you came back!

34. Tenolios - Band of Brothers Main Title You bring out the melody nicely in this piece.

35. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Blue I'm so sorry about your aunt. The music is soothing in a way, though. I like the part about 2 minutes in, where the left and right hand beats are offset.

36. pianofossil - Waltz in A minor Op 34 No 2 Congratulations on your first ABF recital! Nice job. Glad you joined us. (The recording will get easier.)

37. Monica K. - Golden Fly One Lovely playing. This piece gives me the feeling of traveling in a train to somewhere you're not sure you want to go. Thanks for taking me on the trip!

38. mcasl - Nel cor piu non mi sento: Var I. Simple and pretty.

39. MegumiNoda - Improvisation #15 "Hommage a Edith Piaf" After the opening section, you really seem to get into this. Lots of feeling here. Nice! Cool ending, too.

41. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Fanfare for the Common Man Your playing sounds bold and confident.

42. Mark... - Nocturne You give this little piece a lot of expression. Congratulations on pushing yourself to the next level.

43. Always Wanted to Play Piano - Le Onde All that work has paid off. You play this beautifully. Good luck with your live recital! What kind of piano will you be playing it on?

44. grotrianer - Prelude&Fugue in D major, op.87 no.5 You've done a good job bringing out the contrast between the two movements. The Fugue is fun! Great playing on both.

45. Moscheles001 - Minuet in D Minor Recording for the first time is a big step. You play this little piece nicely.

46. ddh - Daniel - Strawberry Fields Forever I really like this arrangement and your performance of it.

47. MIghtyS - Jardins sous la pluie (Gardens in the rain) Wow -- I'm impressed. You definitely make me hear (and feel) the rain. Excellent touch and control.

48. Copper - A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes Oh, I like this song! It's so sweet. Thanks for playing it.

49. Mar_red - Caravan I don't know this piece, but I enjoyed your version of it.

50. DragonPianoPlayer - Invention No 1 Interesting. This is much slower than I've heard it played before. It lets you really hear how the left and right hand lines interact.

51. epf - Dill Pickles Rag This one makes me smile. I like the name too. smile

52. jotur/Cathy Turner - John Roy Lyall/Improv in F This is a pretty piece of music, and your improvisation certainly enhances it.

53. CMohr - Somewhere Over The Rainbow How nice that you were able to record on the grand! Sounds like you and jazz are doing well together. smile

54. casinitaly - Lilla You've only been playing 5 months?! You're doing great!

55. Alexdreamer - Mazurka N.2, Op.7 Thanks for playing!

56. Schubertian - Bagatelle #3, Op. 126 Your trills are so pretty, as well as all those delicate high notes in the second half of the piece.

57. Bunneh - Venezianisches Gondellied op. 19 No. 6 Sounds very good to me. Are you going to continue working on it? I want to hear it on the grand! smile

58. Inlanding (Glen) - Complaint op.3 nr.1 You have such good control of the dynamics here.

59. TTigg / Steve C - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete Glad you made it in at the last minute and closed our recital with such a nice piece. Well played.

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
25. Peyton - Babbleon
I left a comment on your YT video, but I just need to chime in here again at how awesome this is! It's just a great blend of different styles and creativity. Very cool!

26. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - Reflection
Beautiful piece, and wonderfully played! My wife loves Brickman, so it might just be time for me to learn something by him to surprise her with, maybe this one (at least his version of this). Anyway, a very enjoyable performance!

27. AnotherSchmoe - Memories Of Green
I got a sneak peek of this on YT and left a comment there. Cool! smile

28. Augustina - Fur Elise
Thanks for sharing an old standard! smile

29. AnthonyB - Indaco
Another new-age piece...I feel as if you piano world folk are trying to convert me. "Feel the force, Ben." smile A very enchanting performance - loved it!

30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7
I'm working on this one at the moment, and I have to say, I'm absolutely terrified to record it! It's such a short piece heavy in detail and nuance, plus it's *Chopin*, so it always receives extra scrutiny. I thought you played it marvelously - well done!

31. Jazzwee - Very Early
That was great! I can't yet wrap my brain around jazz, but I like to listen to it. It's like eating something totally delicious, but not knowing how to prepare it for yourself. Excellent!

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Grazie mille a tutti!
Jotur, Frozenicicles, CMohr, Tx Dennis, Homeinmyshoes, Inlanding, jazzwee, b528nf7, Marybee your very kind feedback has me absolutely BEAMING with contentment.

I was nervous about participating, but I'm so glad I did.
Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
The original compositions - Every recital we get a wonderful gift from our talented friends who can compose!

04. TrueBeginner - Somewhere It has a definite new-age feel to it, with the perpetual motion left hand and the open simple harmonies. I think it has an elegant yet wistful feel.

11. mahlzeit - Recital 18 Love those lush chords - it has a jazzy/bluesy touch.

25. Peyton - Babbleon I really liked the contrast, between the opening and the rest of the piece. Also the novel combination of blues and middle-eastern type music.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
The classical works that I missed before:

01. dannylux / Mel - Prelude in D flat Op.33 No.8 Wow, has some jazz harmonies, I think. Did he write this late in life? It is very beautiful - I remember the prelude you played before.

05. BenPiano - Sonatina Op. 55, No. 1 Very perky - nice job.

07. tdvance (Todd Vance) - Wedding Day at Troldhagen This must have taken a while to learn - over 9 minutes! Excellent job.

39. MegumiNoda - Improvisation #15 "Hommage a Edith Piaf" Doesn't sound erratic to me - besides it's supposed to be an improvisation, right? I don't think I have heard anything by Poulenc before except for something for clarinet. Very good rendition.

41. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Fanfare for the Common Man I love this fanfare - I never knew there was a piano transcription. Good job.

44. grotrianer - Prelude&Fugue in D major, op.87 no.5 Thanks for playing this - it's a refreshing change. Great job. I'll have to put these on my ever-expanding bucket list of music to look at.

58. Inlanding (Glen) - Complaint op.3 nr.1 Very interesting - never heard of this before. I had to go look him up at imslp. Nicely done. Loved you sensitive touch.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
49. Mar_red - Caravan
I’ve heard this many times but did not know the name of the piece. You play with just the right amount of energy. I like the kind of bluesy feel you have given this. Nice big finish.

50. DragonPianoPlayer - Invention No 1
Your DP sounds fantastic! I’m assuming you like the Alicia's Keys Software. The software and your excellent playing made for a very enjoyable listen.

55. Alexdreamer - Mazurka N.2, Op.7
Your additional info says “Could do better” but it is pretty darn good especially considering the short time you have been playing piano.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
16. ladypayne - Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas Wow! Very rich and full sounding. A little fast as you yourself noted, but very well played.

17. Mohan Karthik - My Heart will go on You really got a lot of emotion into this piece and after such a short time back at the piano! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

18. ten left thumbs aka Laura - Five Stars Very nicely played. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with this piece and so couldn't tell where the improvising came in, but it sure sounded like it fit.

19. Frozenicicles - Étude Op. 25 No. 7 "Cello" Very well played, I especially liked the strong left and runs. I bet they did give you a run for your money!

20. joangolfing - Italian Concerto--Andante Movement Loved your Bach! That must have been quite a challenge, the left and the right hands seem to each be doing their own thing in this concerto and not paying much attention to what the other is up to.

21. HomeInMyShoes - Op. 30 No. 6 (Venetian Boat Song) Your playing had a wonderful flow to it. It felt like a story unfolding. Great job!

22. Coldsalmon - Aria from The Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 Another great Bach selection. I think you did a terrific job on it.

23. bluekeys - When You Say Nothing At All Its okay, I won't tell anyone you used the "s" word. Very enjoyable! I liked what you did with the runs and fills.

24. pianonewb - Because He Lives Terrific playing, and after only one year! You're sure to go far.

25. Peyton - Babbleon Great "work in progress". It sure brought home the feeling of ancient "Babbleon". I wonder how it would sound if the intro were a little slower giving even more contrast to the wonderful driving main section.

26. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - Reflection Disney has so many great songs for their movies, and you picked a winner. Masterfully played, as always.

27. AnotherSchmoe - Memories Of Green I too am a big fan of the movie Blade Runner. This lovely piece really tugs at the old heart strings. Terrific job, great atmosphere.

28. Augustina - Fur Elise Very well done! Perhaps a little fast, but all in all I think you've got a good solid foundation with this piece and the more you play it, the more subtleties you can bring out.

29. AnthonyB - Indaco Very moving piece, and very well played. I'd say it sounds like you've got even more than three months under your belt since the last recital. smile

30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7 Don't give up, you can do it if you keep working at it.

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
45. Moscheles001 - Minuet in D Minor
I think you are too hard on yourself – this is very well done. I’m very impressed with your delicate touch and good control of the dynamics. Nice.

48. Copper - A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
This is one of my favorite Disney tunes. You play this very well and the strings are just right on this one.

44. grotrianer - Prelude&Fugue in D major, op.87 no.5
Your piano has a crystal clear treble that is a delight as is your performance. You make the melody sing on this one. I also love the fugue theme but didn’t quite catch the Phil Collins connection.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky
30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7 (Okay I know this one. Very nice job with a challenging piece but I'm left wanting more!.)

Thanks Mr. S-H I hope to be able to play more as time unfolds. smile

Originally Posted by MaryBee
30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7 I think it's wonderful to feel that way about a piece -- that there's always more you can do with it. Sounds like you've made a great start!

Thanks MaryBee. So many wonderful pieces, so little time.

Originally Posted by BenPiano
I'm working on this one at the moment, and I have to say, I'm absolutely terrified to record it! It's such a short piece heavy in detail and nuance, plus it's *Chopin*, so it always receives extra scrutiny. I thought you played it marvelously - well done!

Recording it isn’t the scary thing; it’s letting anyone else hear the recording that can be so terrifying. smile Thanks BenPiano.

Undone

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I like the stately tempo of your recording of this well known piece. You give it a grand air that fits the music perfectly.

36. pianofossil - Waltz in A minor Op 34 No 2
What a wonderful lush tone your M&H has! A very confident and pleasing performance not at all lacking in expression.

40. MaryBee - La fille aux cheveux de lin
“it brings to mind Pennsylvania's Allegheny Forest in late spring -- sweet yet majestic, deep and mysterious, beautiful, and sometimes a little scary.” This has to be one of the most creative descriptions of an ABF Recital entry that I have read. Not only do you have a way with words – you also have a way with music. This is a delight.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
17. Mohan Karthik - My Heart will go on
Your phrasing on this beautiful melody is impeccable – you are caressing the song. Excellent.

18. ten left thumbs aka Laura - Five Stars
I’m not familiar with this piece so I don’t know where you take over from Peter Friesen but the overall result is quite good and a flawless transition between the composer and the improviser. I would say keep doing whatever you are doing because your improvisation is good.

20. joangolfing - Italian Concerto--Andante Movement
Very controlled and precise performance – perfect for Bach. BTW, as someone who plays golf the same way I play piano (frequently, enthusiastically, but not well) I like your screen name.

22. Coldsalmon - Aria from The Goldberg Variations, BWV 988
Very nicely played – I bet you didn’t play much Bach on your upright bass. I like the way you didn’t rush this and let the elegance emerge.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
06. Mr Super-Hunky - The Ludlows- theme from Legends of the Fall movie
If the movie is half as good as your performance I’ll have to put it on my Netflix list. This is indeed a beautiful melody and the richness of your piano’s tone adds to this very enjoyable recording.

07. tdvance (Todd Vance) - Wedding Day at Troldhagen
Very nice. I admire you for taking on such a long and complex piece with such a good result. I’m surprised at the big sound you get from your Arius. Sounds great.

13. flyingfroggy - Nocturne in B flat minor Op. 9 No. 1
Beautiful rendition of this great piece. You most definitely “whipped this into some kind of shape”. Excellently played.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

41 – Mike White: Oh, does that sound like a fun piece to play, what with all those deep bass notes! The piece is inspirational, as is your playing. smile

42 – Mark: A nice piece with a bittersweet air that you play well. The video quality on the Flip HD is outstanding.

43 – AWTPP: Of course you wouldn’t get bored with this piece; it’s Einaudi! laugh I’m complained loud and long about my own struggles with this piece, so all I’ll say is my hat’s off to you! You do a great job of bringing out the melody voice, and I *know* how hard that is to do.

44 – Grotrianer: You have a terrific delicate touch! Those rolled chords at the beginning almost sounded exactly like a harp! I had no idea Shostakovich wrote such charming melodies.

45 – Moscheles001: Congratulations on your AB forum recital debut, AND your Red Dot debut! All I can say is that you sound very comfortable and like you’ve been doing this all your life.

46 – ddh (Daniel): Some of those Lanz arrangements are really tricky. This one is pretty but sounds like it is one of the tricky ones, especially the repeat of the verse around 2/3 of the way through. You’re making good progress, though, and it’ll be a crowd-pleaser worth keeping in your repertoire.

47 – MIghtyS: Every recital there is somebody who submits a technical tour de force that makes my jaw drop. Yours gets that honor this time. wow I can’t imagine ever playing something like this, let alone live at a recital.

48 – Copper: Okay, I’m going to crazy trying to remember what Disney movie this was from! Beautifully played, and the strings add just the right touch; not too overpowering but fleshing out the simple melody nicely.

49 – Mar_red: Well, I wasn’t familiar with this tune. But I really like the blend of Spanish influence and jazz. I wouldn’t have thought it would work well in combination, but it does–reminds me of a tango, in fact. You had my toes tapping.

50 – DragonPianoPlayer : You are another of those brave souls who play Bach. Good job of dealing with a lot of nonstop notes. thumb

51 – epf: I like this rag! It’s got a lively beat. And I am painfully familiar with the frequent need to compromise with the Red Dot. laugh

52 – jotur: This is a pretty little tune, sort of wistful in a Danny Boy kind of way. I wish I knew more music theory so I could understand everything you were saying about chord progressions, but I can tell you that, for these naive ears, whatever you did worked!

53 – cmohr: Congratulations on your first piece using a lead sheet! I’m always impressed when people can improvise off lead sheets, and this is no exception. It sounds like a polished, full arrangement to me.

54 – casinitaly: I love this Vinciguerra piece more and more each time I hear it. Congratulations on your first AB forum recital! I wish I could get as good a recording after just 6 takes.

55 – Alexdreamer: You have a nice lilting touch on this mazurka. Good job!

56 – Schubertian: I should probably be familiar with this Beethoven bagatelle, but I was not. Wonderful job on all those fast arpeggios and that seemingly never-ending trill. This one makes my list of finalists for the “Best of recital” award. And the Estonia still sounds great, in OR out of tune.

57 – Bunneh: Maybe it was 100 hours of work on 150 seconds, but I think it was clearly worth it... this sounded perfect to me.

58 – Inlanding: I had never heard of Grechaninov before, but hearing this piece has got me curious about him, both because it’s a pretty piece, with some interesting discordances, and it’s got an intriguing title. You do a good job of expressing a sense of tension and foreboding in the music.

59 – Ttigg: What better way to end the recital than with Einaudi? grin Very nice! Between your and Anthony’s renditions of this lovely piece, I’m feeling like I need to bump it up in my queue of Einaudi pieces to learn.

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
30 - undone prelude in A, Chopin

Nice job, Undone! This was dignified and, dare I say it, neat! As in, everything was in it's proper place, which is no easy job with all those notes. And the staggered chords came across nicely. smile

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member

B528..-
53. CMohr - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
This is an excellent arrangement and performance of one of my favorite songs. You have captured the wistfulness of this perfectly. I like the way your strum the big chords – it creates a pleasing, full accompaniment. Nice finish.

Thanks, Bill, so much for the kind comments! I'm glad you liked the ending, too!

MaryBee-
53. CMohr - Somewhere Over The Rainbow How nice that you were able to record on the grand! Sounds like you and jazz are doing well together. smile

Thank you, too, I hope "we" can keep on doing well!

Monica-
53 – cmohr: Congratulations on your first piece using a lead sheet! I’m always impressed when people can improvise off lead sheets, and this is no exception. It sounds like a polished, full arrangement to me.

What a wonderful compliment! Thanks, Monica!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
49. Mar_red - Caravan
That was really fun! Great tune. And if your notes didn't reveal that it's a "fake" fake, I wouldn't have been any wiser.

50. DragonPianoPlayer - Invention No 1
The notes are meticulously and delicately (maybe too delicately?) played. When the left hand has the theme, it could be brought out a little more. As for the tempo, I think it would be harder to play this invention slowly because you would have to put in a lot more tonal and dynamic contrasts to give the music its movement.

51. epf - Dill Pickles Rag
I feel like Charlie Chaplin is about to pop out :-) Hurray for having successfully wrestled with the red dot!

52. jotur/Cathy Turner - John Roy Lyall/Improv in F
Thank you for this lovely piece. It sounds heart-warming and earnest.

This arrangement is sweet and warm and a little wistful too. I like it a lot. I'm really impressed by all you guys who use lead sheets and fake books and improvise!

54. casinitaly - Lilla
Che bella! This is wonderful progress after just a few months. Keep it up!

55. Alexdreamer - Mazurka N.2, Op.7
You've chosen a fun and challenging piece to work on, and you've made a great start! I would continue to work on getting the tempo steady. It might help to practice it straight without rubato for a week or so. Right now, the right hand melody is going pretty well, but the left hand chords are not giving the piece the rhythmic control it needs. It kind of sounds like the left hand is trying to approximately match the right hand. Instead, although the right hand has the melody, the left hand has to set the beats. It doesn't have to be metronomically precise, but it should be steady. Nice dynamic contrast.

56. Schubertian - Bagatelle #3, Op. 126
This is well on its way to both cantabile and grasioso. I would like to hear a bit stronger dynamic contrast, especially the crescendo in the right hand passage shortly after the long trill. Thanks for your thoughtful performance.

57. Bunneh - Venezianisches Gondellied op. 19 No. 6
I really enjoyed your performance. The phrasing and dynamic contrast is beautiful and expressive. Congrats on the arrival of your grand. Your DP performance already sounds very nice; I can't wait to hear you on a grand!

58. Inlanding (Glen) - Complaint op.3 nr.1
I'm not familiar with Grechaninov, so thanks for introducing me to his work. You played this piece sensitively. I especially like your controlled touch on the accompaniment chords.

59. TTigg / Steve C - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete
This piece is pretty and peaceful. What a nice conclusion to a wonderful recital!

I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
MegumiNoda, Monica K, Sam, MaryBee, Bill, Peyton, Jazzwee, HIS, Frozenicicles, CMohr, TX-Dennis, jotur:

Thank you for your direct observations and feedback! It is such a good confidence builder in anticipation for next week's live recital (5 pieces).

I look forward to our sharing more music in the next recital and as well the various other threads (Piano Bar and Member Recordings) in the meantime!

Such good music in this recital!

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
44.- I've never heard this before. A very pretty piece. You play very well.

43- I think if you can play this as well in public as you do here it will be greatly appreciated.

42- Nicely done. I think you are right about the tuning... smile

41- Fantastic! I don't think we have ever heard this before on the forum recital.

40- Such a wonderful piece. You have really come far in only a few weeks. (I'd probably still be somewhere around measure 10... )

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MegumiNoda

This arrangement is sweet and warm and a little wistful too. I like it a lot. I'm really impressed by all you guys who use lead sheets and fake books and improvise!

Thanks! I't a lot of hard work, like all piano endeavors, but well worth it.

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission