2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (Charles Cohen, Animisha, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 9 invisible), 1,137 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I

35. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Blue
Mati, your heartfelt interpretation of this beautiful piece is well-received. Your connection to the music and your playing draws the listener in.

36. pianofossil - Waltz in A minor Op 34 No 2
Well, well - your first e-cital! It was between this waltz and the b-min waltz for me to learn next. Now that you've expressed how to play it well, I might change my mind. Excellent work - yes, that crazy red dot...

37. Monica K. - Golden Fly One
Thanks for sharing some new-age piano music. It seems as though you have caught on to the meditative aspect of this piece, lots of left-hand - well-done, Monica!

38. mcasl - Nel cor piu non mi sento: Var I.
In the elegant Beethoven classical style you played beautifully. Your son and his older brother are being exposed to such great music. Thanks for sharing.

39. MegumiNoda - Improvisation #15 "Hommage a Edith Piaf"
Poulenc is an unfamiliar composer for me. I like your playing very much, very straight-forward.

40. MaryBee - La fille aux cheveux de lin
You've done good work with this beautiful piece - you are connecting to the music and expressing yourself very well. The quiet passages are played with such sensitivity.

41. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Fanfare for the Common Man
Wow! It would be great to hear more of the music you play. I enjoyed this Copeland piece very much.

42. Mark... - Nocturne
Nicely played and a good recording. Thanks for sharing your music.

43. Always Wanted to Play Piano - Le Onde
Lots of Einaudi this recital. Thanks for sharing this one, Mark. Nicely played.

44. grotrianer - Prelude&Fugue in D major, op.87 no.5
Thanks for sharing your playing of Shostakovich - not often heard. No doubt you perhaps play others written by Shostakovich - I would love to hear them as well. Do you play Scriabin, too?

45. Moscheles001 - Minuet in D Minor
Hard to believe this is your first recording. All those childhood skills are certainly coming out with this Bach Minuet - with all those voices...

46. ddh - Daniel - Strawberry Fields Forever)
Nicely played Lennon/McCartney with a new-age flavor. This piece brings back lots of memories...

47. MIghtyS - Jardins sous la pluie (Gardens in the rain)
Your playing this piece puts me right in the garden...I enjoyed your interpretation of this beautiful, intricate, Debussy piece.

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
22. Coldsalmon - Aria from The Goldberg Variations, BWV 988
So sublime is this Aria. Your experience shines here, as without the correct intonations, it is lost. Clearly, you have found it.

23. bluekeys - When You Say Nothing At All
Haven't heard this piece for a long time! Your recording is excellent. Look forward to hearing more from you!

24. pianonewb - Because He Lives
Well...13 months as a piano player, accompanying himself singing on a piece he learned by ear? That is one fine accomplishment. Very impressive. Look forward to hearing you play more music, soon!

25. Peyton - Babbleon
Your talent seems to know no bounds, Peyton. I am interested in learning your motivation to compose such a wonderful piece of music? I think your composition is the highlight of the recital - such a work of creativity! Thanks for sharing this, as you call it, a romp! wink

26. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - Reflection
Dennis, you never cease to amaze! Your playing is very diverse. I always enjoy hearing your renditions. Very nicely done!

27. AnotherSchmoe - Memories Of Green
No doubt, I've heard other pieces written by Vangelis, but this is the first time I've known it. I like the reverb effect with this one. This is a fine piece of music, well played.

28. Augustina - Fur Elise
This is one of Beethoven's most popular pieces. You do it justice. My only suggestion would be to play it a bit more slowly so you can better express the moods of this all-time classic.

29. AnthonyB - Indaco
Sounds good, Anthony. That Roland has some very good sampling. You play very well.

30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7
Chopin is all about intonation and nuance. It is a delicate piece and with further practice and getting used to playing into a recorder, your playing will sound more relaxed. I love this little Prelude Waltz - thanks!

31. Jazzwee - Very Early
Jazzwee, once again, you bring out a harmonically dense piece and tackle it with ease. Excellent improvisation!

32. Serge88 - My Heart Will Go On
Can't give you any technical feedback on this piece. I simply leaned back enjoyed you expressing it.

33. Euan Morrison - Written On The Sky
You did a wonderful job playing this, Euan. Perhaps that small break from the piano did you a favor. Very nicely played and recorded - look forward to more from you!

34. Tenolios - Band of Brothers Main Title
It is difficult to believe you've only been playing for nine months! You play marvellously!

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
13. flyingfroggy - Nocturne in B flat minor Op. 9 No. 1
Chopin gets my vote every time. Your playing this Bb-min Nocturne is motivation for me to continue to ramp up my learning the c#-min Nocturne. It clear you have this piece under your fingers. Very expressive and nicely done.

14. Edtek - Johnson Rag
A great toe tapping ragtime tune. Loved it!

15. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Op. 19/6
Beautiful...You did such a great job with this piece. Wonderful composition. If I had any suggestion at all, it would be to show a bit more expression.

16. ladypayne - Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas
Very well-done. Sensitively played and it is obvious you enjoyed playing it.

17. Mohan Karthik - My Heart will go on
Clearly, Mohan, you are connecting with the music and portraying it very well, as though you are singing the lyrics as you play. I like your playing very much! Listening to you is far better than listening to Celine Dion.

18. ten left thumbs aka Laura - Five Stars
Laura, I enjoyed your playing of this piece. Your willingness to experiement with a variety of pieces is an inspiration to tme. I like your interpretation and improv on this - very nicely done, indeed!

19. Frozenicicles - Étude Op. 25 No. 7 "Cello"
Nicely done Chopin Étude. Expressiveness is right on the money, and with Chopin, that is key. Look forward to hearing it again after it's matured under your fingers.

20. joangolfing - Italian Concerto--Andante Movement
You did a wonderful job of keeping the pace and rhythm of this wonderful Bach piece.

21. HomeInMyShoes - Op. 30 No. 6 (Venetian Boat Song)
Mendelssohn's music is always a joy for me to hear! You did very well and it is obvious you very much enjoy playing this wonderful piece of music!

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
01. dannylux / Mel - Prelude in D flat Op.33 No.8 That was such a rich and emotion full piece and you played it masterfully. Great listening.

02. Manndrew (Andy) - My Song I was totally unfamiliar with this selection but enjoyed your presentation of it. All of the key changes and accidentals must have made this quite a challenge to learn.

03. b528nf7 (Bill) - Your Song What do you mean "it's not much"; I thought it was great! (And yes I did get the lyric reference smile ) This has always been one of my favorite Elton John pieces and one I'd like to learn some day. Great job.

04. TrueBeginner - Somewhere Wonderful composition and playing. It has a mood that makes it feel familiar without sounding like it was "lifted" from any particular piece. Impressive.

05. BenPiano - Sonatina Op. 55, No. 1 11 months! Come on, you're kidding me right? Wonderfully played. I can only imagine what you're going to sound like after 22 months.

06. Mr Super-Hunky - The Ludlows- theme from Legends of the Fall movie You always come up with such great selections for recital pieces. I definitely enjoyed listening to it and would like to thank you for adding your take on the "level of difficulty", it's great to have an idea of when I might be ready to try and tackle this piece.

07. tdvance (Todd Vance) - Wedding Day at Troldhagen You really made that sound like a fun piece to play. Great expression and feeling - and so many different feelings packed into one piece!

08. Strings & Wood/CarlMc - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You Very nice arrangement of this well known piece, and very nicely played with lots of emotion.

09. John Frank - Return to the Heart Wonderful job on this one JF. You've really come a long way from the "good old Alfred Book 2 days". Very inspirational.

10. Riddler (Ed) - Impressions I love Coltrane! You sure did a great job on this selection and the backing track really helps highlight your playing without distracting from it.

11. mahlzeit - Recital 18 Another wonderful composition. I love the pieces that "sort of sound familiar but you can't quite put your finger on it"; they keep you thinking. Great job.

12. Ken. - Ask Me Now Another jazz great, and no it doesn't sound like it was all that easy by any means. Nicely played.

13. flyingfroggy - Nocturne in B flat minor Op. 9 No. 1 Very well played. I hope to someday be up to such challenges, but have a long way to go yet. This was really top notch.

14. Edtek - Johnson Rag Great ragtime feel and lots of fun to listen to.

15. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Op. 19/6 I really enjoyed listening to this selection and didn't once feel seasick or in fear of any boats tipping over. Great job!

Undone

Last edited by Undone; 05/19/10 10:11 AM.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Sam Smith
30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7 See what you can do in only 28 months? Nice job.

Thanks Sam. I'm looking forward to the next 28 months!

Originally Posted by CMohr
30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7 Oh, you got the expression! I know it's a short piece, but there's alot there and you gave it all importance. Very well done!

Thanks CMohr, I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Monica K.
30 – Undone: “Short” does not by any stretch of the imagination necessarily mean “easy.” With this piece, as you note, expression is key. I thought you gave this piece the delicate, relaxed air it deserves.

Thank you Monica, I don't know if this piece "deserves" my playing, but sure hope it can tolerate it.

Originally Posted by MegumiNoda
30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7 Isn't this a wonderful prelude? So short and yet so expressive. I like the unhurried tempo you chose. If the left-hand were a tad softer/gentler, the melody will appear even more lyrical.

Thanks MegumiNoda,I'll keep working on it.

Originally Posted by jazzwee
30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7 Nicely played Undone. I hope this gives you confidence to bring it up to tempo. You did well and I'm looking forward to hear you at the next recital.

Thanks jazzwee, I did struggle with the tempo a bit on this one.

Originally Posted by Inlanding
30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7 Chopin is all about intonation and nuance. It is a delicate piece and with further practice and getting used to playing into a recorder, your playing will sound more relaxed. I love this little Prelude Waltz - thanks!

Thanks Inlanding, I'll kep working on it.

Unone

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
01. dannylux / Mel - Prelude in D flat Op.33 No.8 (I'm not familiar with this piece but as usual your performance is simply top notch. So nice to listen to.)

02. Manndrew (Andy) - My Song (Andy, that is such a beautiful melody. I just love it when I discover a nice piece for the first time. Your performance is so clean and clear. Exellent job.)

03. b528nf7 (Bill) - Your Song (Bill, I honestly don't know how you manage to sing and play so well at the same time. I must say your singing is nice but your piano playing really stands out. Always a pleasure to hear from you.)

04. TrueBeginner - Somewhere (Wow, such a relaxing and gentle piece. Everything was so nice, perfect timing, dynamics, everything!)

05. BenPiano - Sonatina Op. 55, No. 1 (I'm not familiar with this piece but can certainly recognize spot on timing and execution. Very well played)

06. Mr Super-Hunky - The Ludlows- theme from Legends of the Fall movie (Way to go buthead. You nailed the score but screwed up the dynamics. Its not just about hitting the correct notes (playing it), now its time to actually "perform" it. Go back and fix it!)

07. tdvance (Todd Vance) - Wedding Day at Troldhagen (Wow, I love fancy fingers followed with polished chords. What can I say? everything was "performed" perfectly. VERY impressed Todd.)

08. Strings & Wood/CarlMc - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (Jeez Carl, the emotion of this piece is just pouring all over my desk! What a nice job. I can honestly "feel" the emotion and infflections you put into this piece. So nice. Beautiful actually.)

09. John Frank - Return to the Heart (John you are becoming the official David Lanz ambassador to PW! Your performance of this piece was very nice. I can definitely notice a significant improvement in your playing. Specifically the emotion you are putting into it. Nice job.)

10. Riddler (Ed) - Impressions (Way and I mean WAY proffessional sounding! Nice use of the drum machine too. You seem to have a real talent for jazz.)

11. mahlzeit - Recital 18 (More of what I expect from a PM student. Nice full and rich melodies along with beautiful chords. I'm always impressed with your arrangements. Nice.)

12. Ken. - Ask Me Now (Very nice Ken. Timing and melodies were spot on. Nice use of the chords and beautiful ending.)

13. flyingfroggy - Nocturne in B flat minor Op. 9 No. 1 (Okay, I've actually heard this piece before but only professionally played on Pandora. I must say your performance was equally as good as a proffessional recording. Solid "A" performance!)

14. Edtek - Johnson Rag (Catchy tune played very well. Perfect timing on a toe tapping piece. Well done)

15. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Op. 19/6 (Very nice Sam. I'm sitting here drinking my morning anitioxidant tea and enjoying your performance. Well done.)

16. ladypayne - Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas (This is a beautiful score that you performed very well. I'd like to hear it just a bit slower to emphasize the beautiful melodies and retain them a bit longer as I'm hearing them. )

17. Mohan Karthik - My Heart will go on (Such a classic piece. Nice job with your performance of it.)

18. ten left thumbs aka Laura - Five Stars (Now I just love a flowing melodic piece like this. My kind of tune. Great job with it.)

19. Frozenicicles - Étude Op. 25 No. 7 "Cello" (I'm not familiar with this tune but enjoyed your playing of it. Very relaxing to listen to. Nice work.)

20. joangolfing - Italian Concerto--Andante Movement (Beautiful delicate piece. Nice performance.)

Originally Posted by MegumiNoda

02. Manndrew (Andy) - My Song
Listening to this while having breakfast, I feel as if I've been transported to an elegant boutique hotel. I have a rather naive question: does the transcription provide all the notes or is it only a skeleton and you have to improvise the rest? I love listening to piano jazz like Keith Jarrett and Bill Evans, but I've only ever played classical -- without a score in front of me, I am totally lost.

Meguminoda,

Thank you for your kind comments. To answer your question, the transcription is complete and my approach is to learn the song note for note and then once I have it under control I try to work in some changes. Sometimes it's a matter of making a mistake and trying to work around it. Other times, it's adding bits. Jarrett has recorded several versions of "My Song" so there are a lot of possibilities to choose from.

Andy

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

21. HomeInMyShoes - Op. 30 No. 6 (Venetian Boat Song) (Now that's a perfect performance if I've ever heard one. Even the trills were pulled off perfectly. So nice. Fancy fingers too!)

22. Coldsalmon - Aria from The Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 (Nice job Coldsalmon. I'm not familiar with this piece but you performed it well.)

23. bluekeys - When You Say Nothing At All (You have a very delicate touch, especially with your right hand melodies. Nice job.)

24. pianonewb - Because He Lives (Another double threat. Nice singing and piano playing. Takes guts I tell you and you've got it. Nice job)

25. Peyton - Babbleon (I always look forward to your arrangements Peyton. Another great composition. I love the buildup in the begining leading into the jazzy-ish melody. Always nice work from you.)

26. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - Reflection (Beautifully played Dennis. Probably the cleanest recording so far. Nice work)

27. AnotherSchmoe - Memories Of Green (Ok, now I'm super-relaxed! Played with such emotion. Very nice.)

28. Augustina - Fur Elise (Way better than I've ever played this piece. Very nice.)

29. AnthonyB - Indaco (I always look forward to Einaudi performances as they are so hauntingly beautiful. Your performance is stellar as always.)

30. Undone - Prelude in A major Op. 28, No. 7 (Okay I know this one. Very nice job with a challenging piece but I'm left wanting more!.)

Originally Posted by Inlanding

02. Manndrew (Andy) - My Song
Andy, wonderful chord changes throughout the piece. Great job on transcribing Keith Jarrett's music. Your technique is quite good, holding all the coupled notes and meandering melody line while you move through the key changes. A+++

Glen,

Thank you for your generous comments. Just to clarify however, the transcription was not mine, but one that was available from an authorized Jarrett web site some time ago.

Andy

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
53- Great jazzy rendition of the classic. I love it. Good going with that lead sheet.

52- Wonderful piece. I can hear it as a lead in for something fast.

51- I'm always envious of anyone that can play ragtime. Sooooo... how fast can you play it? smile

50- Nice command of the different voices. I enjoyed listening.

49- Hey, nice job! I love the left hand steady work and some nice little turns with the right hand.

48- Dreamy! smile

47- Wow! What a tough piece to play and you are really starting to nail it.

46- I'd say you are getting it. I like the dreamy quality you are giving it.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
47 - Debussy Jardins sous la Pluie (from Estampes) played by MIghtyS. Excellent tempo, and very good overall. On the first page and a half, the 16th notes on the right hand are not very even. Sound like the first and the second notes of the right hand bind together.

15 - Mendelssohn Song without Words Op 19 No 6 played by Sam Smith. I like this tempo; same tempo as I play! laugh The only thing I want to say is to play lighter. You still play to the bottom of the keys to achieve full solid tone but slower finger velocity to produce a warmer, softer sound. Visualize your fingers caressing the keys. You actually have this sound here and there through the piece.

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
I am truly humbled by the kind comments and words of encouragement for my improvisation. It's so nice to share this journey with you wonderful people.

31 - jazzwee - very early - Bill Evans

As you say, jazzwee, lots of changes! But somehow you managed to make it make sense, both harmonically and rhythmically. Not an easy one to tackle, but most enjoyable! smile

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

31 – Jazzwee: This piece is deceptive to the ear... if you don’t concentrate, it just seems slow and dreamy. But when you listen carefully, you start hearing all those chord and key changes, with some interesting rhythmic variations going on. You do a great job of making all that complexity flow seamlessly.

32 – Serge88: Did I mention that I absolutely love this song? I like your arrangement, too, especially the delicate intro and the second verse that starts around 1:45.

33 – Euan: With piano, golf, and photography already on your plate, how many more new hobbies to do you need? laugh Terrific job on the Richter piece, as usual. Seeing as I am still slogging my way through “Opening,” thanks to your last recital piece, I must resist the temptation to start on this one, too!

34 – Tenolios: I must confess that I have never seen “Band of Brothers,” but the music for it is beautiful. It’s got kind of an Irish drinking song/military march feel to it, if that makes any sense.

35 – Mati: A lovely, sad piece, made lovelier by the emotion you put in it and the story behind it. I’m sorry for your loss. I suspect it is comforting, though, that you have this piece of music as a special link to her memory.

36 – Pianofossil: Congratulations on your AB forum recital debut! And a Chopin waltz to boot! That’s impressive, especially considering you’ve only been playing less than 2 years.

37 – me: Lighten up on that pedal, will you?

38 – mcasl: I’d be happy if my plan A’s sounded as good as your plan B’s!! I wasn’t familiar with this Beethoven piece. Nice job!

39 – MegumiNoda: And congratulations to you, too, on a splendid AB forum recital! I remember really liking this piece when Dannylux posted his recording. Your rendition is just as compelling. I love the real low bass parts.

40 – MaryBee: I really like this Debussy piece. I don’t know why 6 flats are so much harder than 5, but they sure are. You sound very comfortable with it here, though. This is one to keep in your repertoire, I think.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted By: Inlanding
53. CMohr - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
You've done a great job with your arrangement of this timeless melody. I really like the voicing and chord changes you used. It is as though one can hear you singing it as you play and work your way through the turns. You and I seem to enjoy the same style(s) of piano playing!

Wow! Thanks so much, Glen! I know I'm really new at this and your comments mean alot.

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
This is my final set. I'm so impressed by the submissions. It seems to get better at each recital and such enjoyable music. It was no chore at all to listen and make comments.

43. Always Wanted to Play Piano - Le Onde
Looks like you're ready for your LIVE recital! For improvement, you may want to watch your pedal since sometimes you cut off your notes. Or occasionally the opposite (not releasing pedal). Just a few cases though so this is just fine tuning. Nice work!

Nice work grotrianer! That's some long piece to play and there's a lot of variety in it so it was very nice to listen to. I liked your explanation of the piece. Gives it a nice context.

You did a good job Moscheles001. You should be proud of your first recording. Good technique and very even. I enjoyed that.

46. ddh - Daniel - Strawberry Fields Forever
I don't remember hearing this in a prior recital but I've only been participating for 4. In any case, you played this well. No problems at all. Lots of pedal but you controlled it well. I've never heard of this played ballad style and I liked the effect. Great work!

Pretty advanced piece MIghtyS! That's a heck of a lot of notes there. Looks like you will reach your goal of taming those issues you mention because it's hardly noticeable so obviously your standards are very high. Fantastic job!

48. Copper - A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Sounds great Copper. I think it would sound just as good without the strings, to be honest. Nice work!

49. Mar_red - Caravan
Hi Mar_red. Good work! I didn't think that rhythmic pattern on the LH fit though. I thought it took out the swing. So for a moment I thought you were playing it as a classical piece. Maybe you should join us in the Jazz Thread 1:Autumn Leaves so you
can ask questions on the rhythm. You'll need to investigate putting these patterns on the offbeats. If the pattern is too downbeat focused it sounds like Classical. RH was great.

50. DragonPianoPlayer - Invention No 1
You played the notes well DragonPianoPlayer. You seem hesitant with your touch though so the tone is shallow. Gotta dig deeper into those keys. Good work nevertheless!

51. epf - Dill Pickles Rag
Not bad at all epf! Nicely played. Stride is hard so I appreciate the difficulty. The biggest task is probably to even out the tempo.

52. jotur/Cathy Turner - John Roy Lyall/Improv in F
Nice work Cathy! Looks like it's coming along. Watch that pedal though, some stuff got a little muddy. Now I'm not clear on what was improvised. The reason I ask is that aside from pedal, the LH chords sounded muddy so it means it's too dense there
in the LH. Either use an inversion higher up or move up the whole tune a register. If the original was Eb, did you go DOWN to F? or Go up to F. Maybe that's the issue. Go up.

Nice touch and tone CMohr. I thought Keith Jarret was playing smile Can't wait till you can improvise on this. Great work.

54. casinitaly - Lilla
Not bad CasinItaly. Great work for someone that just started a few months ago. I'm going to enjoy hearing your progress in future recitals.

55. Alexdreamer - Mazurka N.2, Op.7
Good job on Chopin. As a technical tip, I would work on developing a more legato sound so it doesn't sound so choppy and you can lighten your touch more (but deeper in the keys). You're early in the piano journey so keep at it. Looking forward to hearing your future submissions.

56. Schubertian - Bagatelle #3, Op. 126
Nice work Schubertian. You've certainly learned the music. From here, you can work on the tone part of your playing. More legato, deeper contact with the keys. Maybe it's because you play uniformly light perhaps. More contrasts between upper melody and LH harmony. BTW - piano seems to be in tune. Nothing noticeable there. Hard piece though so you've conquered the learning part and you can move into the expression.

57. Bunneh - Venezianisches Gondellied op. 19 No. 6
You've only been playing 21 months???!!! Wow. Sounds great. Nice touch. That was a great recording, like a recording studio so it really highlighted how well it was played. Fantastic work.

58. Inlanding (Glen) - Complaint op.3 nr.1
Beautiful Glen! You've always had such a refined touch on the piano. The dynamic range and balance was just amazing. Very impressive. And you don't have a time problem here buddy. Very consistent tempo with slight rubato for effect. Your classical teacher would be proud of you smile I'm going to say you have the best tone of anyone in this recital. You don't need a complex piece to show it off.

59. TTigg / Steve C - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete (to do)
Good work Steve! I don't remember you submitting New Age before. All that pedal resonance (or reverb or both) though and it was at the verge of sounding muddy. Otherwise played well!

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
56. Schubertian - Bagatelle #3, Op. 126
Your piano has a wonderful full, rich tone. Very well played. You are quite accomplished for only 3 years experience.

57. Bunneh - Venezianisches Gondellied op. 19 No. 6
A high quality recording and flawlessly played. Well done.

58. Inlanding (Glen) - Complaint op.3 nr.1
This is quite a departure from your Piano Bar submissions. Very well played.

59. TTigg / Steve C - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete
This is nicely played. I’m not familiar with this piece but heard no mistakes.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Frozenicicles, jotur, TX-Dennis, Carl, HomeInMyShoes, casinitaly, CMohr, MegumiNoda, jazzwee, b528nf7, Inlanding, Monica - thank you for all these heart-warming comments. I can't truly express how much I appreciate what you have written here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

HomeInMyShoes

Aren't you attempting Op. 15 No. 3 for the Schumann e-cital? Just thinking about polishing that gives me nightmares. I enjoyed hearing this.

Yeah, I am... I've hit a speed wall right now. I'll give myself few more days to make it work and if it fails I will try to make the slower version convincing enough to be enjoyable. It's fun piece to play, but polishing that gives me nightmares too!

Mateusz

Mateusz Papiernik
https://maticomp.net
"One man can make a difference" - Wilton Knight
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Peyton-

53- Great jazzy rendition of the classic. I love it. Good going with that lead sheet.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

Jazzwee-

Nice touch and tone CMohr. I thought Keith Jarret was playing. Can't wait till you can improvise on this. Great work.

Wow, thanks! Working on the improv slowly, hopefully I'll get there. Really, you guys...[Linked Image]

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
51. epf - Dill Pickles Rag
This really got my kitchen jumping. A fun piece.

52. jotur/Cathy Turner - John Roy Lyall/Improv in F
A nice selection well played. I really like the key change and your improv – you kept the spirit of the original but made it your own.

This is an excellent arrangement and performance of one of my favorite songs. You have captured the wistfulness of this perfectly. I like the way your strum the big chords – it creates a pleasing, full accompaniment. Nice finish.

54. casinitaly - Lilla
It is very impressive that you started playing not even 6 months ago. You have made tremendous progress. Well done.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

37. Monica K. - Golden Fly One
I'm getting the image of strolling by a babbling brook during a sunlit summer afternoon. Ahhh... The main melody comes through really well despite the constant (and busy!) accompaniment. The minimalist style is something of a recent discovery for me. I like it!

38. mcasl - Nel cor piu non mi sento: Var I.
In my misspent youth, I had a fling with voice lessons (cut short by low lung capacity). "Nel cor piu non mi sento" was the second aria I learned, and I still remember most of the words. I really liked this sweet, flirty song. Here's a version sung by Cecilia Bartoli. Your variation captures the melody's delicate essence. My suggestion is to make sure that the theme still sings out clearly even though it is decorated in various guises. Also, be mindful of a consistent singing tempo -- your overall tempo is good, but there are a few spots where it sounded rushed and hesitant in turns. Looking forward to the later variations in the future!

40. MaryBee - La fille aux cheveux de lin
I like the mysterious atmosphere you've conjured. The slower tempo gives it a more contemplative feel. Nice!

41. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Fanfare for the Common Man
Those bass chords have a really satisfying powerful sound!

42. Mark... - Nocturne
Congrats on having successfully tackled a more difficult piece! I'd suggest continue to work on playing the left hand more quietly and the right hand with more legato.

43. Always Wanted to Play Piano - Le Onde[/b]
Very pretty and expressive! I like the dynamic contrast and the flowy feel of the piece.

Thank you for introducing me to this Prelude&Fugue pair. I see what you mean about them being like little gems. The fugue feels sparkly :-) And your rendition of the prelude is lovely and melancholy.

I like how evenly you played this minuet. It sounds stately and courtly.

46. ddh - Daniel - Strawberry Fields Forever
This made me want to sing along more than RockBand Beatles :-)

Definitely evocative of rain drops splattering against all sorts of surfaces. You play this challenging piece very well. Good luck on your next recital!

48. Copper - A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
This makes me kind of nostalgic :-) The synthesized string accompaniment does seem to go well with older Disney songs. On the other hand, I think your expressive playing might shine through more without it. In any case, nicely played!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission