2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 58 of 75 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 74 75
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Undone smile

Are any of you guys/gals submitting a recital piece?

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Waltz
Thanks Undone smile

Hi all,
Man SO many things going on with work etc. Been very out of #3 at the moment but I shall be submitting a recital piece for sure. Either Forest or my 1st Einaudi thumb
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

I am not. I found the recitals resulted in my putting far too much pressure and stress on myself, and it stopped being fun. Perhaps, at some point, I will try again. But I will be listening to the submissions, as always!

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks Undone smile

Yes- another David Lanz New Age piece - this one is called "Return to the Heart" - this version is somewhat simplified and slightly re-arranged (by me).

How about you?

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Probably not. I dunno. Ive thought about subitting Zanarkand if I finish it in time, but Im not sure that I'll be able to. I'll be checking out all my pw friend's performances though, it's really fun.

[Linked Image]
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
To those in book 3, tonight I took a stroll down memory lane, I played through book 1 from the beginning to BTMD, Although familiar material I was able to read through it pretty much clean and in time. Will finish it tomorrow.

It really gives you a new perspective of where we are and where we have been...

PS: I even kicked BTMD's butt...lol

Last edited by Mark...; 05/02/10 09:34 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Ha Ha! I just did that yesterday too. It's always good to review - I was fine with BTMD but I had a little trouble with Lone Star, which is where I stopped. Will pick that one up again tomorrow.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by mom3gram
Ha Ha! I just did that yesterday too. It's always good to review - I was fine with BTMD but I had a little trouble with Lone Star, which is where I stopped. Will pick that one up again tomorrow.

So how is book 2 going mom3gram? What piece are you up to and how do you like it so far?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I just started "Solace", just the first couple of measures. It seems hard, but they all do until I get the hang of it. I like the pieces so far. I had no illusions of being able to play difficult classical or jazz pieces, so I am happy with, and having a lot of fun with, the "corny" pieces most people complain about. Every once in a while though, I feel like I'm way over my head, and that's when I go back and review book 1 like I'm doing now. It gives me a big confidence boost to see how far I've come.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
Waltz - I plan on submitting something to this recital. Hopefully these plans won’t go awry.

Mark - I haven’t gone back and played anything from book one in a long time, but every now and then I like to listen to some of the recordings I made while working through it. Like you said; it really helps one see just how far they’ve come and can be very motivational.

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by mom3gram
I just started "Solace", just the first couple of measures. It seems hard, but they all do until I get the hang of it. I like the pieces so far. I had no illusions of being able to play difficult classical or jazz pieces, so I am happy with, and having a lot of fun with, the "corny" pieces most people complain about. Every once in a while though, I feel like I'm way over my head, and that's when I go back and review book 1 like I'm doing now. It gives me a big confidence boost to see how far I've come.

I'm sure you will be playing pieces you never thought possible. Your hard work will pay off.

Originally Posted by piano4
HI Mak and belated Happy Birthday! Aren't TSO GREAT! I missed them last year and vowed that I wouldn't miss another concert! I am just starting "Moonlight Sonata" (1) and I am only on the seventh measure:-) I agree with Waltz, the piece is slow pace.

Take care!

Piano4 – How’s it going with “Moonlight Sonata” (1)? I was just getting to the point where I was starting to feel “familiar” with the first two pages, then I turned the page and “Oh my gosh!”; it’s a whole new ball game. smile

Undone

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Just finished up Zanarkand a couple of days ago. I'm now learning Waltz in A flat Major by Brahms. It's clearly above my level, but fortunately not too long and somewhat repetitive. 4 flats though hmphh

[Linked Image]
Waltz - I bet that Brahms piece is a bit of a challenge as it changes key a little here and there. Glad to hear that you're prospering in your "life after Alfred". smile

Undone

[Linked Image]
Hello from a lowly Level 1 denzien smile

Just wondering, as im nearing the end of book 1, whether looking back you guys would do anything differently about the way you worked through the course ?

Yamaha P90
and oh yeah...does anyone have the URL for the cool little Graduate pictures ? smile

Yamaha P90
Hi SmokestackLightnin, I've been working my way through the Aflred books with the goal of getting what I consider a "passing" recording of each and every piece. This has worked well from me and I wouldn't change it.

As for the "Graduate pictures", information on these can be found in the "Alfred Graduate" thread click here

Undone

[Linked Image]
Hello all smile

Ive been messing around with some new graduate signature tags. Inspired of course, and with all due deference to BazC's originals. These might be too large (or too rubbish) but hey ho. I was bored wink

[Linked Image]
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/2807/alfredlevel1forum.jpg

[Linked Image]
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/853/alfredlevel2forum.jpg

[Linked Image]
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2762/alfredlevel3forum.jpg

If anyone would like any kind of custom signature id be happy to knock one up for them if they email me.

smile

Yamaha P90
Still hanging with Moonlight". This is my graduation weekend so i will play a bit before I leave and unless I find a piano in the hotel, I will get back to this after Tuesday. For now, take care!

[Linked Image]
Working on "Toreador Song" and continuing on with what will be a long relationship with "Moonlight Sonata". It seems to be taking me longer and longer to complete the pieces in A3. In part I guess that is to be expected, but it also has to do with the nice weather cutting into some of my practice time.

Undone

[Linked Image]
Page 58 of 75 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 74 75

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission