2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (benkeys, brennbaer, AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, 12 invisible), 1,987 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Welcome to the General Discussion Room for the AB Forum Recital 18!!!

Please utilize this room for any discussion of the pieces in Recital 18 that is taking place in the Main Recital Thread.

Discussions and replies can be posted at-will. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:

Recital 18 Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the music! smile

Woah! Everything this time is Pro! Why did I submit again? :P. Hmm very nicely done guys. I've commented on a few songs that I know and have heard before. I'll listen to the others, listen to the original as well and then comment. But Kudos to Monika and others who keep the recitals running! Very very good job and I'm very grateful to you guys.

04. TrueBeginner - Somewhere
Dude! Change your name to TheAwesomeComposer! Such amazing and clear compositions! Nice work and keep it coming. It would be amazing if you shared any form, so we can learn as well!

06. Mr Super-Hunky - The Ludlows- theme from Legends of the Fall movie
Is it meant to be played at f? Because I did not get the "sad feeling". It was a flowing piece though and nice work! The Piano sounds amazing!

07. tdvance (Todd Vance) - Wedding Day at Troldhagen
Such a intresting piece laugh! I love pieces like this. Very nice presentation!

08. Strings & Wood/CarlMc - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
Oh! Brilliant! *adds this song to the "todo" list! Very softly played, and very nicely kept the emotion intact!

11. mahlzeit - Recital 18
Haha! Even I got a Deja Vu effect at parts of your song, but couldnt figure out where I had heard! But the overall song was very entertaining! Nice work!

17. Mohan Karthik - My Heart will go on
This was very good! No mistakes at all! :P :P.. I'm kidding laugh.. Ofc I think I goofed up the emotion in the third transposed para! frown

23. bluekeys - When You Say Nothing At All
Holy! Thats one of my favorite songs! And the C1 sounds absolutely gorgeous! I have a feeling that the song would be a lot better with arpeggios on the LH! Chords seem a lil staccato! But otherwise, very well played!

29. AnthonyB - Indaco
You are someone who "gets" the subtle variations in the song! I have no idea how you do it! Well congratz again and keep it coming! You and so many other are a inspiration to budding "Einuadists".

32. Serge88 - My Heart Will Go On
Very well done Serge! I was super scared when I found that a very experienced person is playing the same peice as me! And it shows. While I tried to follow notes, you've played it from your heart! Keep it coming

43. Always Wanted to Play Piano - Le Onde
Very well attempted! I dint like the metalic tone on the RH! Its just a personal thing though! And I think the most important thing while playing a Enuadi is to maintain the feeling! And you almost did it! I would say that record more, hear it and try to capture that feeling completely. You should be a blast in the live recital! laugh

45. Moscheles001 - Minuet in D Minor (to do)
Nicely done! But too short! frown We want more!!!

Learning Music is hard. But enjoying ones own music makes it soo much easier!
Yamaha CLP-430
https://soundcloud.com/mohankarthik
http://www.youtube.com/user/nemesisnitt

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Another terrific recital!! You'd think with my ability to take advantage of my admin privileges and cheat like crazy, I'd have all my comments done ahead of time. Alas, I only able to jot down reactions to only the first 12, although I have in fact listened (and enjoyed greatly) all of them. More to follow in the next few days.

01 – Dannylux: What a lovely dreamy piece! I think I like this prelude of Bortkiewicz’s better than the one you played last time. The beginning sounds very modern and slow jazzy, actually. A perfect way to start the recital.

02 – Manndrew: I don’t think there’s such a thing as an “easy” Jarrett transcription. I’m impressed that you’re able to play this! It has a nice playful quality to it. I enjoyed it a lot.

03 – b528nf7 (Bill): This was terrific! It may be heretical, but I think I like your version even better than Elton’s, which I always thought had a vocal that was too nasal for my liking.

04 – TrueBeginner: You have such a knack at writing bittersweet melodies. Reminiscent of a Clayderman melody.

05 – BenPiano: What a pretty melody. And such a sad story about Fragoso dying so early. Your progress at less than a year of piano, incidentally, is amazing!

06 – SuperHunky: You always inspire me with your pieces, hunky, and this one is no exception. You played this wonderfully and with great expression. Your Mason (of course) sounds terrific, and that last bass note...just wow! <shivers>

07 – tdvance: If you hadn’t told us the loud section was slower than intended, I wouldn’t have noticed; it sure seemed to flow well as is. I bet those loud chords are fun to play! Excellent job...this seems like a very demanding piece especially considering the length of it. That last part around the 7:00 mark with the cascading chords... wow

08 – String & Woods: Oh, I like this arrangement a lot. Very delicate and floating. I think I like the song better as a piano solo, in fact. My hubby’s a big Bryan Adams fan, so maybe I should learn this for him on our anniversary...

09 – John Frank: This may be Lanz’s most tender and romantic piano solo. I really liked the opening (high treble) section; you did a great job of conveying the tenderness there.

10 – Riddler: I don’t know my Dorian modes from my Dorian Grays, but I do know that I found myself tapping my foot and nodding my head to your playing. Quite enjoyable!

11 – Mahlzeit: This is jazzier and mellower than your usual compositions, mahlzeit, but just as nice. I think I’d be deliriously happy if I ever came up with something half as good as you’re able rattle off in an afternoon. I liked that emphatic bass note in the ending.

12 – Ken.: Congratulations for branching off and trying something new! I could definitely hear the stride piano influence.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
01 dannylux / Mel = Prelude in D flat Op.33 No.8, Sergei Bortkowicz
Mel, that is an appropriately passionate performance. Bravo! What a way to begin a recital!

02 Manndrew (Andy) - My Song, Keith Jarrett
Andy, what a magnificent performance! I was not aware of this piece before you played it, so I have nothing to compare it to. I will say, though, that I cannot imagine it sounding better than this. Simply superb!

03 b528nf7 (Bill) - Your Song, Elton John / Bernie Taupin
Bill, this is a really nice Elton John cover. One of my favorites of his, by the way. I really enjoy the way you accompanied yourself - what a way to fill out a fakebook melody!

04 TrueBeginner = Somewhere
That is a very pretty new piece. Well done! Yes, I like it.

05 BenPiano - Sonatina Op. 55, No. 1, Kuhlau
Excellent! I've always liked this little sonatina, and you play it marvelously with just the right expressiveness and touch. Love it!

06 Mr Super-Hunky - The Ludlows, James Horner
I've not heard this one before. I must say that your performance is outstanding. An excellent performance (on a beautiful instrument).

07 tdvance (Todd Vance) - Wedding Day at Troldhaugen, Edvard Grieg
Todd, you are to be admired for tackling this difficult piece. Yes, your version is a bit slower than usual, but very expressive. Outstanding dynamics and a delicate touch where it is called for. Very enjoyable.

08 Strings & Wood / CarlMc - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You, Bryan Adams, Robert Lange & Michael Kamen
A few years back this was my wife's favorite song, so I heard it so many times that I grew quite sick of it in spite of its inherent beauty. That's been awhile, so now I can appreciate it better. your performance is emotional and lush. Great job!

09 John Frank - Return to the Heart, David Lanz
Delicately beautiful and delicious.

10 Riddler {Ed} - Impressions, John Coltrane
Coltrane - what's not to like? A great job on this classic jazz piece. I can't say much for your drummer, but I like that bass track. grin

11 mahlzeit - Recital 18
Yes, I think I've heard this somewhere before - or parts of it anyway. An enjoyable piece well done.

12 Ken. - Ask Me Now, Thelonious Monk
This piece is an old favorite of mine. I like what you've done with it.

More later . . .

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
32. Serge 88 - My Heart Will Go On - what nice expression, and very assured. Nice piece to start with for me.

37. Monica K. - Golden Fly One I thought sometimes you must have three hands laugh You did a great job with the relentless 1/16ths and bringing out the melody over them, and I love the ending, too - the coming to rest.

42. Mark... - Nocturne Whoa! You've made one of those leaps you talk about - what's your name for them? I forget. But this was terrific - it sort of takes up right where that wonderful arpeggio was in your last piece and just drives right on from there. Thumbs up.

46. ddh - Daniel - Strawberry Fields Forever Seeing what your lunch was you obviously had fruit on your mind today smile Congratulations on coming back to this and nearly nailing it (I'd say you did nail it, but you claim to have more work to do). Really well done.

50. DragonPianoPlayer - Invention No 1 I like a lot. The ending was really satisfied/triumphant - cool.

53. CMohr - Somewhere Over the Rainbow wow, you're first arrangement from a lead sheet! Like a pro, my dear, like a pro. This is such a classic tune and you did it justice. It's funny, my brother just sent me a link today to a guitar rendition that was really cool, too - Jeff Beck is the guitarist's name. I hadn't heard of him before (ignorance is my middle name) but I ended up listening to several of his pieces. Coincidences smile

55. Alexdreamer - Mazurka N.2, Op. 7 Nice, lively music. Finding the mistake is the puzzle of the day? Because I couldn't find it frown Well done, and after listening I'm more sure than ever you made the right choice of recordings.

More as I get to them -

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
13 flyingfroggy - Nocturne in B flat minor Op. 9 No. 1, Chopin
yes, this is one of my favorites from Chopin as well. Excellent interpretation. I quite enjoyed this.

14 Edtek - Johnson Rag, Hall & Kleinhauf
A really fun old piece. I like your version of it even though it's a bit too short. Always leave 'em wanting more, as they say.

15 Sam Smith - Song Without Words Op. 19/6, Mendelssohn
This is definitely not clumsy or life threatening. It's quite nice to listen to.

16 ladypayne - Colors of the Wind, Alan Menken / Stephen Schwartz
This is such a beautiful song you really should slow it down just a bit. You really were in a hurry to catch that plane, weren't you? That having been said, your dynamics here are quite effective. You picked up the song's inherent emotion quite nicely.

17 Mohan Karthik - My Heart Will Go On, James Horner & Will Jennings
A very nice interpretation of this moving piece, Mohan. The song is gorgeous - Celine Dion I can live without. Very nice!

18 ten left thumbs aka Laura - Five Stars, Peter Friesen
A very pretty piece that I have not heard before. Well done!

19 Frozenicicles - Étude Op. 25 No. 7 "Cello", Chopin
A challenging piece indeed. Nicely done, FI. You played it with emotion, and your dynamics are spot-on.

20 joangolfing - Italian Concerto (Andante Movement), Bach
Quite enjoyable!

I shall stop here for tonight. I'm becoming quite sleepy.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
26. TX-Dennis - Reflection Your usual classic styling. I listened twice. You did a great job.

21. Home in My Shoes - Op. 30 No. 6 Very well done. I suspect it won't take your son long to like Mendelssohn with this to listen to smile

15. Sam Smith - Song Without Words You seem to be one of the founders of the Mendelssohn revival on the ABF. I like the music you make, whether on harpsichord or piano. Very nice.

10. Riddler - Impressions I knew my foot would be tapping smile Another keeper.

And I'm too pooped for any more tonight, but I think we've got another successful recital.

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
01. dannylux / Mel - Prelude in D flat Op.33 No.8
I've only been around for the last recital and this one, and they both have opened with absolutely amazing performances. This was a real treat - beautifully played and nice to listen to. Thanks for opening this recital with an amazing performance!

02. Manndrew (Andy) - My Song
Beautiful piece, well played!

03. b528nf7 (Bill) - Your Song
Left a comment on Y.T. smile

Very pretty, thanks for sharing! smile

05. BenPiano - Sonatina Op. 55, No. 1
Since no one else is reading this, might I say here that your unshaved beard is hunky? Not super-hunky, but just kinda-sorta-hunky , if maybe a little. Well, actually, just shave it off. Oh, and by the way, get a teacher.

Oh, the memories. My wife and I saw this when we were dating. Now if there is such a thing as super-hunky, it's the performers in this movie. Not the actors, but the writers of the score, and also, those that perform the music. Well done on a super-hunky piece!

Wow, this was an epic piece! Well done! I'm assuming you had all that memorized? smile Now, as for that discord at the end of the piece. I'm assuming that the composer was visualizing the bride falling into the pond like that video on you tube, or that the bride and groom just had the realization that they had just been married and ... smile

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I really enjoyed this, and your careful analysis of it brings it to life. You brought out the melody quite well. This is hard for me to tell since you’re using a digital instrument, but your tone sounded a bit percussive at times. Remember not to bash into the keybed and aim for a more rounded and rich tone. I love the emotion that you infused into your playing.

Thanks for sharing your playing. I’m not familiar with Keith Jarrett’s style so I can’t give much technical feedback, but sometimes the rhythm sounded a tiny bit off at certain parts. This makes for really relaxing background music. I can just feel my blood pressure dropping.

Very heartfelt singing and playing. I’m too much of a klutz to sing and play at the same time. Do you get your hands mostly on automatic pilot when you play?

I think you need to change your display name to NotTrueBeginner. wink You’ve written a very lyrical melody. You could try quieting the accompaniment even more. I like the loose theme and variations structure that you have going on. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

Another great job, Ben! You have a great clear touch and a knack for classical and baroque era music. Try adding more dynamics and phrasing to give it that extra kick.

I enjoyed your lovely playing. Your piano sounds great! That bass chord at the end was wonderful. You did a great job bringing out the melody but there were a few sections where the accompaniment could be even quieter.

You’ve made a great start on this. I think the chords could use a bit more voicing and a rounder sound. I like the character you give to the piece.

Lovely playing! Be careful that you don’t ‘bump’ the resolutions to your phrases. Since much the piece is very repetitive, you can try adding even more dynamics and rubato.

09. John Frank - Return to the Heart
Great performance. It doesn’t sound simplified at all. Sometimes it sounded like you were jumping the gun a little with the rhythm. Be careful that you keep the melody lyrical and not too percussive. I love the contrasting dynamics.

10. Riddler (Ed) - Impressions
Whoa, this is certainly a nice contrast to all the New Age stuff. I think the drum beats could be turned down in volume a bit since it’s kind of drowning out the piano. Your playing is nice and smooth. Thanks for your submission.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Mel - very professionally played - excellent pacing & dynamics - never heard this piece before but it does sound "modernish" and listenable - for that matter never heard of Bortkiewicz either (and not sure how to pronounce his name) but would be interested in hearing more of his "stuff". Thanks for the detailed analysis.

Andy - Interesting piece very well played - always find Jarrett's works intriguing and somewhat "challenging" - nicely done!

Bill - very nice, heartfelt cover of my favorite John song - whenever I hear this on the radio I always stop what I'm doing and listen to the lyrics and get into the sweet feel of this Rock classic - thanks for giving it new life here in the Recital.

TB - one of your prettiest yet - lovely and nostalgic - your creative abilities seem boundless!

Ben - good, light, easy touch on the delicately entertaining work - nicely done.

SH - I remember the movie, but not the music - this is a lovely theme beautifully played - you've got a wonderful touch on pieces like this - reminds me just a little of a David Lanz-like composition.

Todd - marvellous playing on an amazing piece of music - extremely well done thumb

CarlMc - good job on this soft-rock hit - very nicely played - fine job at bringing out the melody.

JF - somewhat respectable job overall - needed slightly better pacing and perhaps a more delicate touch with the melody line - you also need a baby grand instead of a cheesey digital - but whatever possessed you to "re-arrange" an already "simplified" version of this outstanding piece? - that seems like a strange thing to do - next thing you know you'll be playing an Einaudi piece or something equally inexplicable! laugh

Ed - enjoyed this much - my "impressions" were that you have great taste in the material you select and great skill in how you execute it - a jazz offering at the most litenable level thumb

More to follow...

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Thanks, Mohan. I actually wanted to submit the Bach C minor Invention, but I just got so nervous recording myself that I settled for a shorter piece. I've never played for so large an audience before. The worst part is, I can't use the excuse, "It sounded so much better at home"!

Never heard this one before. The beginning is different (looks almost like a jazz song), but the progression is clear and well built . I loved the climax ! You managed the dissonances well.

I have only head the Kohln Concert from Jarret but this is different. A very relaxing piece. You did well.

Very personal song. The piano accompaniement is cute.

A simple melody, enticing at first and that does not lose its interest until the end. Soo New Age smile

Impressive for less than one year of playing ! Loved the positive energy which go out of it. Add some dynamics and it will be just awesome.

06. Mr Super-Hunky - The Ludlows- theme from Legends of the Fall movie Unknow piece but you made an amazing interpretation. The melodies are very clear and yet don't hinder one other. Plus, I love the sound of your piano !

You managed this long (!) piece well. Only 3 mistakes, that's more than honorable. I liked the second part of the piece : it was well done.

Nice rendition. You managed the dynamics well and it makes it a peaceful alternative to the song. You should play it at bar, I'm sure you will get a round of applause !

The structure looks quite simple but you played it with enough dynamics so it ain't boring wink Nice job !

The piano part was catchy ! However the drums at the beginning were a little bit too present for my taste. Overall, loved it smile

Last edited by AlexDreamer; 05/15/10 05:54 AM.

“Music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter and charm it, and thereby always remain music.” - WA Mozart.
[Linked Image]
H
H
Probably take a few days to get through this, but it's all very enjoyable everyone.

1 dannylux / Mel - Prelude in D flat Op. 33 No. 8
In the beginning it really wasn't what I was expecting at all and then the wicz came in. Wonderful playing dannylux / Mel. Wonderful indeed. Nostalgic is a good way to describe it.

2 Manndrew (Andy) - My Song
Eisenhower, eh? It is a very nice arrangement and some great playing.

3 b528nf7 (Bill) - Your Song
Thanks for giving me a big smile this morning to go along with my coffee.

4 TrueBeginner - Somewhere
Our resident new age composer is still churning out the compositions. Very impressed with how far you've progressed in such a short time.

5 BenPiano - Sonatina Op. 55 No. 1
Good old Kuhlau. Good plan on the practice time. Thanks for sharing this. Bright and cheerful.

6 Mr Super-Hunky - The Ludlows
I love the way you describe your piano. Now I want to go see the movie to match this up.

7 tdvance (Todd Vance) - Wedding Day at Troldhagen
2.5 years plus 15 months does not add up to this. Even at half-tempo in some places, that is a gigantic endeavor. smile

8 Strings & Wood/CarlMc - Everything I Do
My Canadian heritage makes me loathe all things Bryan, Celine, or Nickelback -- understand the Canadian Content requirements by the CRTC and people will understand. But, mmmm, tacos made me listen and the playing was very nice.

9 John Frank - Return to the Heart
A beautiful melody. Thanks for sharing this.

10 Riddler (Ed) - Impressions
Lots of information in your description. Nicely played. I always enjoy listening to your submissions.

Last edited by HomeInMyShoes; 05/15/10 06:39 AM.
T
T
yeah, that will explain the discord... no, not memorized completely, just the worst parts and around page turns.

Todd

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Mel, nice kick off. It's cold and cloudy outside but my coffee is warm and this piece has warmed me as well. It is a lovely piece that seduces you into tranquilness. I very much enjoyed the moment.

I am not familiar with this one, but sounds as if there are lots of color and layers going on. The first part of the piece seems to wander a bit to me, but then, it seems to find direction. I enjoyed the second half better. Nice job! BTW, I like your "experience" description.

Bill, you must be hanging out in that "bar" quite a bit. Your piano playing is outstanding. I always enjoy your vocals, but I think on this one, the piano gets the applause. Very nice thumb

TB, this might well be my favorite submission of yours.

Ben, That was just delightful. Loved it! Had me smiling in no time. Thank You!

I remember the movie well. Some of the most fond memories of a good movie is the music score. I could not help but return to the scene as you played. Well done MSH.

Todd, very nice job with this grand piece! Your play kept drawing me into the piece.

John, very pleasant listening to this, thank you!

Ed, I like it! Impossible to sit still while listening to this... it even makes me type on beat and with hands swiping at non-existent symbols, oh wait! I have to go rewind so I can finish... Ok, this music seems to bounce and take odd twist and turns within my head. I wonder why it demands the body to respond? Anyway, cool man!

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
01. dannylux / Mel - Prelude in D flat Op.33 No.8 Beautiful prelude. You made this sound as if you've played it all your life. You have a really nice touch. I loved it - a great opening to the recital!

02. Manndrew (Andy) - My Song Wow! You made this complex piece sound effortless. I can only imagine how difficult a Jarrett transcription is to learn and play so well. I really enjoyed this!

03. b528nf7 (Bill) - Your Song You certainly made "Your Song" yours! I truly enjoyed your version - such a well known and loved popular song and you've made it better.

04. TrueBeginner - Somewhere I am still in awe of your compositions! I liked it very much - flowing, soothing - it didn't seem like 3+ mins. to me, I was wanting more.

05. BenPiano - Sonatina Op. 55, No. 1 Holy moly, man - very nicely played! Your enjoyment shines through in your wonderful playing. (I know you said no feedback necessary, but it's so well done, I couldn't help myself.) smile

06. Mr Super-Hunky - The Ludlows- theme from Legends of the Fall movie You always seem to choose such wonderfully emotional pieces and play them pretty wonderfully, too! Love that last note! I, along with just about everyone else, just love the sound of your piano.

07. tdvance (Todd Vance) - Wedding Day at Troldhagen Very well played - not an easy piece by any stretch! I have a soft spot for this piece - my best friend in college used to play this all the time - she was always trying to get me to learn it - never did. I think you did a commendable job especially on such a long piece. A couple noticeable mistakes, just try to play through them.

08. Strings & Wood/CarlMc - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You You have such a nice, delicate touch that's perfect for this song. I really like this version - it's a keeper!

09. John Frank - Return to the Heart I'm really liking this Lanz guy. You've put some very nice feeling into this piece, JF! I like this tremendously.

10. Riddler (Ed) - Impressions Love the Coltrane! I'm awed yet again. Wow, this is definitely road-trip music! Very well played - this is pro - very cool! cool

11. mahlzeit - Recital 18 A quickie?! Wonderful piece. You're absolutely a real talent - I loved it!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
21 HomeInMyShoes - Op. 30 No. 6 (Venetian Boat Song), Mendelssohn
This is such a beautiful piece (and quite challenging). Your version sings. I'm not a purist - it sounds wonderful to my ears.

22 Coldsalmon - Aria from The Goldberg Variations, BWV 988, Bach
Lovely! Perhaps a tad heavy on the reverb - it sounds as though it were being played in a large empty hall. Beautiful job.

23 bluekeys - When You Say Nothing at All, Paul Overstreet & Don Schlitz
I do not remember the piece, but it sounds wonderful. You managed a nice singing quality in the melody. Great job.

24 pianonewb - Because He Lives, Bill Gaither
I've been looking forward to this one. It's one of the pieces I used to play back before I quit about 25 years ago. I am not disappointed, either. I think the vocal should have been a bit louder or the piano a bit quieter. At times it's difficult to hear your singing - BUT this is a piano recital, not a vocal one. grin I am impressed with your accompaniment. Very nice job especially considering the short time you've been doing this. Very enjoyable (and moving).

25 Peyton - Babbleon
Man, you show some serious "chops" on this. Outstanding! You are a tough act to follow, I must say.

26 TX-Dennis - Reflection, Matthew Wilder & David Zippel
Could be better, old sod.

27 Another Schmoe - Memories of Green, Vangelis
A very wistful and melancholic piece. Well done. I think what you did with this is perfect. The chorus effect, which I generally dislike, fits this piece "like a glove." You (and the composer) have painted a picture with the music - in a post apocalyptic landscape, I can still remember when there was green.

28 Augustina - Fur Elise, Beethoven
Nice job. I don't care how often thist is derided as a "beginner's piece", I still find the second and third sections quite difficult to play smoothly. You managed pretty well for the most part.

29 AnthonyB - Indaco, Ludovico Einaudi
I'm unfamiliar with this piece, Anthony. I think, though, that I like it. It is hauntingly beautiful, or perhaps it's just your playing. Wonderful performance!

That's all the time I have for now . . .

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member

53. CMohr - Somewhere Over the Rainbow wow, you're first arrangement from a lead sheet! Like a pro, my dear, like a pro. This is such a classic tune and you did it justice. It's funny, my brother just sent me a link today to a guitar rendition that was really cool, too - Jeff Beck is the guitarist's name. I hadn't heard of him before (ignorance is my middle name) but I ended up listening to several of his pieces. Coincidences smile

Cathy, Thank you so much! Really,[Linked Image]
You've made my weekend!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Here's my first batch of comments:

01. dannylux / Mel - Prelude in D flat Op.33 No.8 Very well played!

02. Manndrew (Andy) - My Song An interesting challenge! Well met!

03. b528nf7 (Bill) - Your Song Nice accompaniment, well played.

04. TrueBeginner - Somewhere Very nice delicate touch -- well done!

05. BenPiano - Sonatina Op. 55, No. 1 Very pretty -- good job!

06. Mr Super-Hunky - The Ludlows- theme from Legends of the Fall movie This was very well played, and the piano sounds great!

07. tdvance (Todd Vance) - Wedding Day at Troldhagen Decidedly good effort (and who's counting slips?).

08. Strings & Wood/CarlMc - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You Very nice delicate touch, good use of pedal, nice feel for the music. Well done!

09. John Frank - Return to the Heart I don't know this piece, but you played it with confidence. You brought out the inner voices nicely.

10. Riddler (Ed) - Impressions Very nice!

More to follow...

Ed

"...a man ... should engage himself with the causes of the harmonious combination of sounds, and with the composition of music." Anatolius of Alexandria
[Linked Image]
YouTube Channel
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
59. TTigg - La Nascita I loved this. Nice movement throughout.

54. casinitaly - Lilla Beautiful music.

51. epf - Dill Pickle Rag I love it! Jaunty - great tempo. I like the bass line, too.

48. Copper - A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes Oh how nice! I sang along. Very tenderly played, perfect for this song.

41. Mike White - Fanfare for the Common Man This was so cool. A great piece of music - and you translated the feel to the piano really well.

36. pianofossil - Waltz in A minor Nice waltz. I had dancers in my head.

31. Jazzwee - Very Early Very pleasant, laid-back listening. You made it sound easy smile

Cathy

Cathy
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission