Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!
Thanks SwissMs, it was great --- I should post a few pics of where we were - it was just beautiful.
I had the satisfaction of playing all my current pieces today and finding that the two that I had done the most studied/focused practice on were (SURPRISE) the ones that were still flowing easily under my fingers!
My AOTW is learning to use iMovie (I know, I am a dinosaur) for my Grieg videos. It was fun! I have been frustrated by how to even get started with it. I am new to the Mac, having always had either Linux or Windows before. iMovie seems to assume you already know how to use it, and I had a hard time finding the beginning of the thread, so to speak. So far, I am just doing baby steps, like adding lead ins, fades, and trimming the ends, but I am enjoying experimenting with it!
My heartfelt condolences Carlos. This is truly a difficult loss to suffer. May your heart be soothed with your music, the beautiful memories you have of your mother and the love and support of your family.
please accept my condolences Carlos I hope you can find some consolation in your music. Losing a loved one is always difficult but the bond between a mother and son can be a very special one. I lost my mother eighteen months ago and life has never been quite the same. Cherish the good memories.
Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.
Hello everybody, I made an abysmal recording with a lot of wrong notes, flailing tempo and a ton of other mistakes of Beethoven's Op.27 No.2 Adagio Sostenuto but it was the best I could muster. So here it is ; https://soundcloud.com/pizhama/beethoven-c-sharp-minor-piano . I'm hoping that I get an opinion if there are any aspects of the performance that I did semi-well. I'm from Sofia, Bulgaria and have played the piano for a little less than 2 years. Thanks for listening =]
Thank you for your words. I feel I'm among friends here, thank you. My mother has always been an enthusiast of my adventure with the piano. She loved to hear me play and she was one of my best listeners.
I have a story that I can share: On the day before she died, I had previous access to the video I made for the contest of my company. After I download the video I went to the hospital to see my mother and I took the laptop. I showed her the video, and I remember that she was very weak and she was lying on her side with her head on the pillow. I put the laptop aside so she could see and hear better. She watched intently and smiled. With the voice a little weak, she said: "Wonderful ...". This was the last moment of life that I shared with my mother. From that evening she was getting weaker and weaker until she lost her consciousness the next day.
SoundCloud | Youtube Self-taught since Dec2009 "Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
Achievement of the week: first Piano lesson. Which included playing with both my right and left hand at the same time. (I admit that it didn't sound good yet) also the first time that I played an acoustic grand. The feel and sound are quite different than my Kawai ES7.
sinophilia - laughing my butt off at your comment. Does this mean you are not going to attempt it? Don't speak too soon once you attempt the first measure there is no going back,lol
Never! Mark my words
I listened to it played by Ingolf Wunder yesterday night and the first movement was very subdued, he barely lifted his fingers from the keyboard. Then the tension grew in the second and exploded in the third. Very nice.
Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW Martha Argerich... is an incarnation of the artistic metaphor of the "eternal feminine" that draws us upward. (Sergio Sablich) http://soundcloud.com/sinophilia