2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (Burkhard, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, cmoody31, dh371, 20/20 Vision, admodios, clothearednincompo, 6 invisible), 1,217 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thanks for this thread Monica,

I am still too beginner to play those three pieces that you mentioned but I think I will be there soon. I already had his website bookmarked ( I think you mentioned it before to me ), But I didnt have all those pieces marked. I cant wait to be able to play them. They are wonderfull pieces. Something definitely to look forward too. Thank you............

AspenX

Oops!!! I just bought one of his albums...Shame on me!!!! :rolleyes:

Yamaha P115 Keyboard
A very old outta tune Baby Grand
A stack of piano music that I cant play !!!
B
B
Originally posted by Ray Tarkington:
Hi Monica and thanks for your suggestions. Playing the piano now for less that a year, I found these pieces perfect for beginners. May I suggest the song by David titled "The old country church" for those who want to play by ear.(since there is no sheets available,YET) I fell in love with the song and got it down in a few(hundred) tries,all except that run at the very ending. I also have "The Gift"in the rough, but wanted to get away from it for a while so I started "Wonderland". Wow, what a sweet song that is. I am beginning to learn to read music a little bit now to help me through the hard spots. Thanks for the suggestions Monica...Ray
I like The old country church also. I emailed David about the sheet music and he said he will have it finished in a few months. That was about a month ago.

Dale

Dale
Thanks for this thread, Monica.

Nevue's pieces are GREAT. I don't know why I haven't heard him before, as I'm a big New Age fan.

These are perfect for keeping me up 'til 4am learning them, and *really* giving my wife something to fuss about. (The headphones work great, but I get carried away, and really start banging on the keyboard).

Yamaha YPG 635
A true beginner...
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Monica,

I also want to thank you for starting this thread. I have finally gone back to work and my practice time is now very limited - still every day - but not nearly as long as I would like (or need).

Since my time is much shorter I have gone back to my David Nevue music and was getting ready to look on his site for a couple more easy pieces to work on and came upon your thread this morning. I had forgotten how great Daivd's music is. After hearing you playing, "Wonderland" is next and maybe "Amazing Grace" at the same time.

Anyway, Thanks again,

Woody

[Linked Image]
J
J
Hello all!

I love David's pieces! I learned solitude and I would like to start learning "A moment Lost" soon. I was wondering if someone could point me to some easy music that have more of a joyful mood (maybe some other David's pieces?) I started Yiruma's "River flows in you" but it is a bit beyond my abilities right now. That A major scale is giving me some difficulties.

Thanks!

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

Welcome to the forum, Javarik! smile "River Flows in You" is a tough piece. Those ornamentations with the 4th and 5th fingers are not easy to rattle off at all. eek

Hmmm... other easy Nevue pieces that are joyful. "Wonderland" is a definite candidate, but I think your best bet might be "The Gift," which is not much harder than "Solitude."

Another pretty piece that is uplifting, but a bit harder than those (though still easier than River Flows in You) is "Waiting for the Sun." It starts of somber (like the night) but then quickly gets cheery and bright, like the sunrise. I made a recording of it, but the video quality was pretty bad (the sun was glaring too much) that I thought I'd try for a better take.

J
J
Thanks Monica,

Unfortunately, "waiting for the sun"'s bit on David's website is cut right before the sun actually rises which leaves me stranded in the chill of the night. Can you point me to your interpretation?

OP Offline

It's on my home computer. I'll upload a recording tonight. Maybe I'll go ahead and post at YouTube despite the glaring video and claim that it was a deliberate attempt to capture the metaphor of brilliant sunshine or some such nonsense.

Need a 4th song Monica. There is a special when you combine 4 pieces of sheet music.

OP Offline

Hmmm... if you want to go a little harder, Stearman, "A Moment Lost" is very pretty. If you want easier, and don't mind waiting a few days, David will soon be bringing out sheet music for two new pieces, "Song For Noelle," and "Winter Twilight." I just got through rating those and thought they were at the same level as "Solitude."

Javarik, thanks for the gentle nudging. I went ahead and uploaded my video of "Waiting for the Sun" tonight, so you can hear the whole piece. It's on the harder side of easy David Nevue pieces (if that makes any sense), but it's one of my favorites of his:

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Hi Monica. Beautiful as always. Of course, you DO have one of the nicest pianos (mine being the other of course).

BTW, David's going to be getting some good music sales from this thread, you should make him do something like perform in our recital or something...(as a non-beginer of course!)

Side note: Nice shapely legs. Firm calves too. Get some sun though okay?

OP Offline

Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky

Side note: Nice shapely legs. Firm calves too. Get some sun though okay?

Oh, you are so warming my middle-aged heart. 3hearts

...but I'm staying away from that sun. Malignant melanoma's no fun and I've got enough skin damage from growing up in southern Calif.

L
L
well! Didn't know this thread was here :)Here's David Nevue's arrangement of It Is Well with my Soul. I did make a few minor mistakes but hope you enjoy it anyway!

I am currently uploading all of my written piano sheets onto my blog to make things easier. I also have written out a few more sheets. All free check it out if you want smile Any questions, PM me

http://myuniquepianomusic.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/paws1528
Hi Monica,

I have to thank you for introducing me to David's music. I first bought the sheet music to "Solitude" a couple of weeks ago. You had suggested it as an easy piece for someone. It is so beautiful. Now, I have downloaded four other pieces to try. Thanks for these suggestions. They have really jump started my enthusiasm for practicing.

Carol

Carol
Kawai RX 2
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

OP Offline

Glad you like the pieces, Heirborne Groupie, and I'm glad you resurrected this thread. I recorded yet another easy Nevue piece the other day and was thinking I should add it here. It's called "Winter Twilight":

In my YouTube description of the piece, I called it "somber but lovely," which I think captures the tone of the piece well. The nice thing about it is that it is possibly Nevue's easiest piece to learn yet. The tempo ranges from 'glacially slow' to 'very easy to handle slow.' The left hand is mostly whole- or quarter-note chords involving two keys. And it's only a page and a half long. thumb

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yeah, I should chime in here that I also recently started on Solitude because of that thread. Fun to play!

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
Wow. Winter Twilight Is beautiful as well. And you played it with so much feeling. Lovely performance.

Carol
Kawai RX 2
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
If i may comment here.

I have been playing Twinkle Twinkle for about the last 4/5 months - off and on. It is labelled as a beginner piece but i am finding it difficult to polish. There is a lot going on with it for my level (about 18 months playing) - and i wonder how David grades the pieces in terms of difficulty.

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
Bertrand Russel l1872 - 1970

OP Offline

Hi Ingersoll, David's difficulty ratings are the average provided by a small group of raters, including David himself, some teachers, and a few adult beginners (of which I am one blush ). He tries to avoid giving the pieces any kind of "absolute" assessment of difficulty and stresses to us, his raters, that we should be using the 5-point scale in terms of the typical David Nevue piece. Here's how he describes it on his website:

"Note these difficulty rankings are all relative to each other. My most difficult works may be ranked near a five, but even so I would consider them no more than an "Early Advanced" piano student level. So you can't compare a David Nevue selection ranked at a 5 with a Chopin selection you'd rank at 5. These rankings are just to give you an idea of how my sheet music ranks, from easiest to more difficult."

"Twinkle Twinkle" is definitely one of the "harder" easy pieces that I included on this thread (except for "Waiting for the Sun"), and there's a few measures where getting the right off-beat rhythm is tough. Don't be reluctant to pour on the rubato and give it a nice relaxed feel. And it might help to think of those 16th notes more as ornamentations.

E
E
Monica,

I could not find Winter Twilight on David's page. Did you buy the score somewhere else?

Ed (Out in the West Texas town of El Paso)
Yamaha P255
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission