2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
78 members (alexii, bob@pei, astrotoy, aomarzu, danno858, BillS728, Anglagard44, 16 invisible), 691 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm in at number 45. Would like to have submitted a cleaner version, but I'd like to be able to shoot 65 at Pebble Beach, and that ain't happening either. I'm pleased with what I've got.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Looks like I won't make it. I tried recording but I couldn't concentrate on the playing at all. I even tried playing some of the simple things I know and I made tons of mistakes even though they are normally easy. I guess I can't record anything. I have to concentrate on next week's recital, I hope I won't mess it up.

Last edited by Teodor; 05/13/10 04:13 AM.

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CMohr
OK - so tomorrow I have the opportunity to record my recital piece on my teacher's studio Steinway grand! yippie I'm very excited/nervous and hoping I can get a good recording - different piano, different setting will be a little weird.

It was my teacher's suggestion (He has played my piano many times, so I think he wants my submission to sound as good as possible) smile

Hey, CMohr - Sounds really promising and good luck with that - but...

This all could be a recipe for RDDS (Red Dot Dysfunction Syndrone), given all the differences piled on top of your renewed and higher expectations and those of your teacher - no wonder you're nervous - while the sound of his piano might be better, will the new setting (and the expectations) lead to an improved performance, given the increased "pressure" and the enhanced "jitter-factor"?

Just wondering if your teacher should be involved at all in your ABF Recital project (other than coming here to listen to it)?

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Always Wanted to Play Piano
I'm in at number 45. Would like to have submitted a cleaner version, but I'd like to be able to shoot 65 at Pebble Beach, and that ain't happening either.

You mean you haven't? Pebble beach is a "piece of cake". I shot a 65 there on any number of occassions*.

JF

* for the 1st 9 holes laugh

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CMohr
OK - so tomorrow I have the opportunity to record my recital piece on my teacher's studio Steinway grand! yippie I'm very excited/nervous and hoping I can get a good recording - different piano, different setting will be a little weird.

It was my teacher's suggestion (He has played my piano many times, so I think he wants my submission to sound as good as possible) smile Cross your fingers for me - man, I'm cutting it close this time!

Sounds like a great opportunity to have fun. Enjoy the experience, the result is probably the least important factor. Allow the Steinway to draw from you what it will. I think your teacher's offer as well as involvement is great.

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Teodor
Looks like I won't make it. I tried recording but I couldn't concentrate on the playing at all. I even tried playing some of the simple things I know and I made tons of mistakes even though they are normally easy. I guess I can't record anything. I have to concentrate on next week's recital, I hope I won't mess it up.

If you don't make it this go round keep working with the recording. You will get use to it and you will have another opportunity in a few months. Good luck!

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Well, today and tomorrow are my window for recording - I have to get started on work for a new client today, a huge job that may feed me for months laugh , and do an hour's worth of meeting for another client, and make some phone calls, but relatively speaking my time is my own today - yippee!

CMohr - how cool that your teacher is letting you use the grand! A support group, right there in River City! That should be a blast -

Teodor - yes, your recital, in that wonderful venue, should be really cool. Break a leg, as the theater folks say - we'll look forward to the next ABF recital for you, and be thinking of you for your live one this time around.

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jotur
Well, today and tomorrow are my window for recording - I have to get started on work for a new client today, a huge job that may feed me for months laugh , and do an hour's worth of meeting for another client, and make some phone calls, but relatively speaking my time is my own today - yippee!

Cathy

We all need to eat... even starving piano players laugh

Good luck on all accounts!

ddh Offline
I'm in at #47. cool
First time I struggle so much to record; not red dot nervous; just the length and difficulty of the piece. confused
Anyway, it's in, hesitations and all.

Eager to hear everyone.

Cheers

Daniel (Pramberger JP 208B)
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
M
M
Hello everyone, and thank you Monica for organizing this.

I just completed my first submission ever (mine is #48).

I learned about this recital yesterday. Realizing I have only two days to submit, I scrambled to get one piece recorded before leaving for work this morning. I didn't like the recording with so many mistakes, but I din't wait until last minutes to figure out how to upload etc.

Now that know how to submit, I hope I can polish up a little more tonight and resubmit it tomorrow.

Cheers!

Current project:
Chopin Scherzo No.1
Chopin Etude OP.25 No.12

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Okay, MightyS, you got me curious, so I cheated double-checked your recital entry, and all I can say is wow . My jaw was dropping open. What a terrific debut for the AB forum recital. thumb

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

OK, I'm in.

I have to admit I have gotten really lame (even used the strings). This morning I really thought I wouldn't make this one. This makes about 3 in a row where I was working on something and just didn't get it done so I bailed and did some fake book piece. Way back when we said it was about participation - right?

Excuses? Flight instructing, tending to and leasing 2 airplanes and building iPhone Apps - pilot related stuff.

Anyway I just barely got something in. And as always I look forward to listening all the wonderful work that is done here.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
Okay, MightyS, you got me curious, so I cheated double-checked your recital entry, and all I can say is wow . My jaw was dropping open. What a terrific debut for the AB forum recital. thumb

Ok, I am hooked. I guess I will be jumping straight to 48 ... 47, wherever MightyS winds up.

MightyS, MSH... hmmmm, do I sense competition Monica?

epf Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Warts and all, I'm in at number 51 (I settled for something that was less -- way less -- than perfect).

Ed

"...a man ... should engage himself with the causes of the harmonious combination of sounds, and with the composition of music." Anatolius of Alexandria
[Linked Image]
YouTube Channel
ddh Offline
Ed, amongst Algonquins, only the great Manitou is deemed worthy of perfection.

Their artists and artisans always leave a flaw in their work, out of respect for the Manitou.

Let's say your recording is respectful. wink

Cheers

Daniel (Pramberger JP 208B)
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
I'm in. Right after Ed's eagerly anticipated Dill Pickle Rag. I've played that on my hammered dulcimer, so I can hardly wait.

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
I'm in at #54. Finally, whew! I did submit the recording I did today on my teacher's Steinway. There's a few little "blue dot" grey matter mis-firings, but O well.

It was really pretty cool playing a great piano in a small concert hall - I was just about through the first take when a guy comes in to move chairs out of the back of the hall and yells "hi!" - then I forgot to turn my cell phone off and of course someone calls - after that it was smooth sailing (interruption-wise). I only had about 45 minutes to try recording, but it was exciting.

It took me a while to get into a totally different "feel" on the grand. It has much stiffer action and the sustain pedal is much harder to work than on my piano. Definitely worth the experience.

I had recorded my piece at home also, and had a hard time deciding which to submit - the grand won out mainly because the lower register is so much clearer than my piano's.

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
thumb CMohr -

Cathy

Cathy

Less than 12 hours to the deadline for submissions!! eek

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Ok, I'm in! Number 55.

Now I understand what everyone has been talking about when referring to the dreaded RED DOT! argh.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Questions regarding Regulation
by rickshapiro - 05/23/22 11:17 AM
Laptop Holder Advice - Korg Grandstage
by skelly - 05/23/22 11:09 AM
A fairly rare digital sensor mechanism
by Gombessa - 05/22/22 10:59 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,192
Posts3,193,871
Members105,345
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission