2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
33 members (C. L., dima5222, brennbaer, Almaviva, anamnesis, 9 invisible), 453 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
We're up to 28 submissions, and one week to go! But--and here's where I break out in a cold sweat--there's not a single Einaudi piece so far!! eek And I won't even be submitting one this time! Anthony, where are you?!?

I submitted my final grades for my classes yesterday and cleared out 2 hours this morning for a recording session. I *will* get a usable take of my piece. smokin

Relax M smile
I'll be submitting either the first piece that I learned (La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete) if I can get a good take or Primavera thumb Just have to see which ones ends up being the better take. My upright is in bad need of a tune so I'll be using the Digital..
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

**phew!** That's great to hear, TTigg! I can't let a recital go without an Einaudi piece. JohnFrank would simply be too disappointed. laugh

I am taking a break from my recording marathon. I have one mediocre-but-would-do-in-a-pinch take so far. The garage door repairman drove up as I was on the last page, so I think I sped up the tempo somewhat trying to finish before he walked up to the door...

A
A
How do I find out what number I am for recital?:)just curious.

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
**phew!** That's great to hear, TTigg! I can't let a recital go without an Einaudi piece. JohnFrank would simply be too disappointed. laugh

Ha! Fear not - I have an Einaudi piece recorded and held in reserve and waiting to be submitted at the last minute (as a substitution for my piece) just in case of such a dire contingency. smile

The garage door repairman drove up as I was on the last page, so I think I sped up the tempo somewhat trying to finish before he walked up to the door...

Well, that's certainly a lot more creative than "the dog ate my sheet music..." laugh

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

Hey Augustina, just go to the recital website, and then click on "show me" where it says how many pieces have been submitted.

It will probably change, though. A lot of people submit new mp3s, so you might move up in the list.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My piece is currently uploading! Wheeeee! laugh

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Cool. I am very close to have Scriabin Etude Op. 8 No. 5 ready for recording and I'm very, very excited about it. Just today I am polishing the last measures. smile I can hardly believe I managed to get through it all. This is the hardest thing i have ever done. I'll probably get too nervous when I'm going to record it, but I will at least try to get a recording in time. smile

Can't wait to hear it, babama! Hope you're able to conquer those last few measures. smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
My internet was down all weekend, but we finally got our connection back, and mine is in now. If I have time, I might like to record this again, though, and re-submit. (You always find things to fix when you listen to your own recording.)

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
A
A
Thanks Monica! I'll try and remember that for next time:)

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I was hoping to submit something entirely new, but I didn't make it. Instead I've just sent a piece that means a lot to me - I have submitted it once in one of the Piano Bars recently, I hope that woulnd't pose a serious problem. I just couldn't bear the mind of missing one of our recitals!

Mateusz Papiernik
https://maticomp.net
"One man can make a difference" - Wilton Knight
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AnthonyB
My piece is currently uploading! Wheeeee! laugh

Little late for you, no? Although, come to think of it, you were near the end last time, as I recall.

I have a recording I can live with, but since the deadline isn't staring me in the face, and I have some time between now and Friday, I am going to see if I can improve on it. Likely not.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Okay so it's less than a week away from recital time which means I can now perform my piece better than when I submitted it (always happens) but don't want to swap out submissions losing out on one of the earlier spots. Plus, whenever I think I can perform something better and do an actual re-take, it usually DOES sound much better................other than the one blatenly obvious wrong note/mistake that no matter what I just can't seem to eliminate.

It's either accept a decent take with minor hiccups or go for the really good take with that zit on the tip of your nose mistake!

This is what drives me nuts!!

Last edited by mr_super-hunky; 05/10/10 08:11 PM.
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Just curious, question to all: why is it so important to be on the top (early) slots?

I personally use the recital to test myself so I post the most difficult thing I'm working on, often the most imperfect thing I can do, which means, I would never submit early.

Maybe the program should just automatically randomize the list and then the pressure will be off everyone smile

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

Whew my Chopin Waltz is in!

Number 39.

Fossil

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Just curious, question to all: why is it so important to be on the top (early) slots?

Early submission takes the pressure off. Waiting till the last minute just makes me procrastinate and prolongs the agony. Then again, the early bird may get the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese! ...... hmmmm. you may have a point there!

Maybe the program should just automatically randomize the list and then the pressure will be off everyone

That is an interesting suggestion. The only negative could be that it may be important to some people to be able to submit earlier rather than later for whatever their reasons. Randomizing the play list would be taking that feature away from them. The current submission method allows anyone to do whatever they want be it submit early or wait until the last minute. Nothing is forced upon or taken away from anyone.

It seems the fair thing to do is leave it alone as it currently works fine. It's the right thing to do.....like eating oatmeal, ....better yet, replace that old school starch with a high fiber, low carb tortilla!

H
H
Originally Posted by jazzwee
I personally use the recital to test myself so I post the most difficult thing I'm working on, often the most imperfect thing I can do, which means, I would never submit early.

Which is very different for me. I'll only play something that I'm comfortable enough with to put some feeling into it. I agree that the recitals are a great place to test ourselves and trying to get the most out of my piece is my test.

I say leave it the way it is. Sometimes I'm ready early, sometimes not so much. An advantage to the low spots is many people listen from the first to last entry so you can get comments earlier, but then again, later comments are just as good. I pulled numbers from a hat for listening the one time to randomize comment appearance.

@mr_super-hunky: I find that not playing my recital piece after submitting it works wonders for me. smile Currently I'm working on my piece for the next recital as well as some Schumann for the e-cital in June.

Last edited by HomeInMyShoes; 05/11/10 05:28 AM.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes

Currently I'm working on my piece for the next recital as well as some Schumann for the e-cital in June.

Me too, although I'm not sure if 3 months + to 8/15 is enough time for the piece I've selected, which is a rather long but famous and popular vocal duet with somewhat advanced piano accompaniment, all 3 parts of which I will play and record on separate tracks, substituting instrumental "voices" for the human voices (in effect, creating an instrumental trio).

My piece for the Schumann e-cital has been "in the can" for several months now.

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

I absolutely, positively loathe my recital piece. [throws Zoom on floor, gnashes teeth]

I spent all morning trying to get a good take. The best one I've come up with so far has a pause in it big enough to drive a truck through it. mad bah

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
I absolutely, positively loathe my recital piece. [throws Zoom on floor, gnashes teeth]

I spent all morning trying to get a good take. The best one I've come up with so far has a pause in it big enough to drive a truck through it. mad bah

My sympathies. I had one of those in the last recital. Every time I listened to it I was rolling on the floor laughing. Even tho it was the same recording I was never sure I was going to come back in laugh

I have the keyboard in the same room as the office. That's as close as I've come to recording -

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Shostakovich Second Waltz piano transcription..
by Petoskeyguy - 05/26/22 09:53 PM
Disklavier MKII : replace power supply?
by carlspost - 05/26/22 03:33 PM
Sight reading progress
by BlizzardPiano - 05/26/22 03:18 PM
13th Piano Composition Competition Fidelio (Extended!!)
by harmonium53 - 05/26/22 01:20 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,254
Posts3,194,757
Members105,376
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission