2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
32 members (admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,164 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1403036 03/24/10 08:14 PM
OP Offline
Today I got a really good practice in!! I was able to actually go to another lesson (page). It involves having to push down two keys at the same time! Can't recall what it is called now that I am away from the book! LOL I was able to play it fairly good for just learning it today!! I even set up my spare computer on the Piano to help with my lessons!! Now I can loop the song I am trying to learn so I can play it along with the CD!!!

I want to share the book I am using! I know it is not for adults but I figured I should start from scratch! LOL Figured if it was good for a kid, I should be able to do it to! LOL

[Linked Image]

Here is what I was playing today!!

[Linked Image]

And finally my new set up!!! I have the computer on a cardboard box for now, until I can find a good looking board to put it on or maybe just buy a laptop stand! That way no heat will get to the top of the Piano!! I am so picky with it! LOL

[Linked Image]

Now if I can find a place for all those eagles, I would put my Bongo drum and cow bell on top of the piano, and place my guitar beside it! I think it would look so cool to have all the instruments displayed!! No, I can't play any of them, well, maybe the cow bell! LOL

I know this is probably elementary to most of you, but I am pretty stoked that I was able to play along with the cd with very minimal mistakes!!! laugh

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Congratulations on your progress, Kim. Anytime I see Willard Palmer's name on a book, I am inclined to buy it. I have always had great success with his books.

Nancy

Estonia 168
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Way to go, Kim! Isn't it fun to learn something new.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Thanks you guy's!! Yes it is great to learn something new!!! It was so neat to play along with the CD. In fact I sound better when I play along with it then if I play it alone! LOL

I have been trying to play the next page that deals with playing one note with the right hand and at the same time playing the 2 keys at the same time with the left. I am having a problem with trying to make the 2 key stroke not as loud as the single key. One is supposed to hear the one key note over the 2 keys. My hands want to use the same force going down at the same time! This is going to slow me down! But that is ok, I want to go slow and actually follow through with my learning the piano!!

Funny thing is, I am better at doing the (left hand) G and E keys along with the single note of the right hand, then I am at doing the G F with the single note of the right hand. You would think playing the 2 keys side by side would be easier then the spaced out keys! LOL

I have to say I am thrilled that the reading of the notes is coming right along too! Atleast the GFEDC and CDEFG notes!! laugh

N
N
I started out on that book. I remember having trouble getting the rhythm right on that song. Keep it up, it will come to you. I'm on book 2B now, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by nvrgonaquit; 03/24/10 11:03 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm sure "Rock Song" needs more cowbell.

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ha

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
LOL, keep at it!

Looking for piano learning resources or interesting piano stories? Check out my piano blog.
Pete M. #1403411 03/25/10 10:31 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Kim"ball", you zeal and enthusiasm is so infectious! I remember, I, too, had this same level of enthusiasm when I first started again as a grown-up.

I'll admit that nowadays, this level of enthusiasm is hard to maintain.

I know what you mean, though. It's such a rush to be able to play something, and play it correctly! It's a drug...it's an addiction. Thanks for posting this. I gotta go practice now..lol. smile

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
CebuKid #1403473 03/25/10 12:15 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Totally agree with Cebu, bookmark this page/topic.

Then when you're having one of "those days" (they will come) you can return to the scene and remind yourself where you've come from and why you're doing this smile

Keep up the great work thumb
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AnthonyB
I'm sure "Rock Song" needs more cowbell.

LOL!!! Stick with her and y'all be wearin' golden diapers!

Anyways, keep up the good work Kim. It always feels good hitting new milestones and just knowing there will always be more to come! Sounds like you're making good progress. smile

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission