Two of the Tampa Bay area's best piano recital series feature the same musician this weekend, Natsuki Fukasawa. Her program includes works by Mendelssohn (Fantasy on Last Rose of Summer), Liszt, Chopin (Sonata No. 3, Op. 58), Rachmaninoff and Schumann.

The pianist is a graduate of the Juilliard School and the Prague Academy of Music and earned a doctorate from the University of Maryland. She is a founding member of the Jalina Trio, whose disc of Mendelssohn and Brahms was named chamber music recording of the year in the 2004 Danish Music Awards.

Fukasawa plays as part of the St. Petersburg College piano series at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the school's music center, 6605 Fifth Ave. N, St. Petersburg. $5. (727) 341-7984.

At 4 p.m. Sunday, she is presented in the Steinway Piano Series at the University of South Florida at the music recital hall in Tampa. $8-$15. (813) 974-2323; steinwaypianoseries.arts.usf.edu.

Fukasawa gives an open master class at 12:15 p.m. Tuesday at USF.

(We will be there tonight)

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!