2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (Animisha, brennbaer, Cominut, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 4 invisible), 1,184 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
#1361502 01/30/10 10:17 AM
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Gary001
T
Not sure if I need moving to the excused list or not though. I've missed one day so far, 2nd of Jan due to been away visiting family for the new year, snuck in some practice day before and after though and haven't missed a day since.

Hi, moved you to the excused list...thanks

Mark... #1361573 01/30/10 12:56 PM
Log is working for me. Number 10 on the list.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by markjpcs
Originally Posted by ChopinAddict
I cannot edit my log.... frown
I made a small typo yesterday and wanted to fix it now. I clicked on Edit, Submit on the left side of my log, and it takes me there, but when I try to edit it, it won't let me do it... blush

I just tested this and it works fine. I made several new records and Edited all of them without incident.

I am trying to figure out what went wrong for you.

Can you provide more details? Which record(s) specifically? Did you receive an error of any kind?

Hi Mark,

I misspelled "Dohnanyi" in the log for the 28th of January.... When I click on Edit - Submit, it does take me there, I can delete the last two letters (the ones I had misspelled), but then I cannot replace them, it is like blocked, I cannot type anything....

Thank you for your help! smile

CA

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

T
T
Well, I made it through January without skipping a day!

Mark, could you please put me on the excused list from February 3 to February 26 inclusive? I'll be travelling abroad for that period, mostly back country trekking, no pianos likely to be found.

[Linked Image]

Currently working on: Suzuki Piano School, book 5, second half

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
One down eleven to go! yippie

J
J
Im not part of this yet, but have gone 21 days with out skipping.
Yesterday was my sons first bday, and I was so busy with he party and all.
At some point I played Happy Birthday before he went to bed, the super easy Alfred's version....So I got in about 30 seconds. Would that Count? LOL!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by markjpcs
I cannot edit my log.... frown
I made a small typo yesterday and wanted to fix it now. I clicked on Edit, Submit on the left side of my log, and it takes me there, but when I try to edit it, it won't let me do it... blush

I just tested this and it works fine. I made several new records and Edited all of them without incident.

I am trying to figure out what went wrong for you.

Can you provide more details? Which record(s) specifically? Did you receive an error of any kind?

Hi Mark,

I misspelled "Dohnanyi" in the log for the 28th of January.... When I click on Edit - Submit, it does take me there, I can delete the last two letters (the ones I had misspelled), but then I cannot replace them, it is like blocked, I cannot type anything....

Thank you for your help! smile

CA

Not sure what causes the inability to type. I fixed it for you.

Sorry for an inconvenience.

Mark

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Thank you, Mark! smile
Could it be that one can only edit a log within a certain period of time?

By the way, could you please delete the comment (in "Notes") on the 28th that I had made a spelling mistake and couldn't edit it?

Thanks! thumb

CA

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
ChopinAddict, you practiced so much in January I'm surprised. I'm logging too since December, my name on there is teodortenchev, it was very stimulating to see many people logging their practice, made me stick to it every day. smile

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Teodor #1362929 02/01/10 03:45 AM
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Three hours a day is not really much. frown I know people who practice much longer. I also practice other instruments, otherwise I would practice the piano more than 3 hours a day.
At the beginning though I didn't play 3 hours. You will see the more advanced you are the more you feel like going on and on.... smile My main problem is there are so many pieces I would like to play at the same time!!!! The agony of choice!!!

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
And yes, I agree it is stimulating to see so many people who stick to their practice! thumb

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
3 hours a day is superb, I think that even if one practices more than 3 hours the effects will most probably not be that much better. Especially if you are concentrated most of the time, 3 hours is great smile

I noticed that I want to practice more and more as I get better. In the beginning it was a bit boring, I couldn't do much. Now every month I can do a bit more and I it feels good. I'm saving up money for a decent DP so I won't have to travel to uni every day to practice there. If it wasn't for that I would practice 3 hours instead of the average of 2 hours per day but I lose an hour in transit (by bus).

Last edited by Teodor; 02/01/10 03:52 AM.

[Linked Image]
Teodor #1362939 02/01/10 03:58 AM
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I also practiced 2 hours a day for the first couple of months or so, and I didn't even have to travel.... blush
DPs are good. I am really happy with mine. One day, if I have a really big place and no neighbours (and enough money), maybe I will have a grand piano, but for the moment a DP will do.
With a DP, it is also really nice to play other instruments like the harpsichord or the organ. They are all superb and very realistic....

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
It's getting harder to keep practicing every day. I'll have to stop for a while if I fail one more exam frown

[Linked Image]
Teodor #1365227 02/03/10 11:36 PM
F
F
Could you please move me to the excused list? I was sick last Friday, Jan 29. It was nothing more than a bad head cold, but I just couldn't drag myself to the piano. Considering how badly I played Saturday and Sunday, I'm not thinking I missed much on Friday.

I'm happy to report that things are now back to normal.

Piano self teaching on and off from 2002-2008. Took piano instruction from Nov 2008- Feb 2011. Took guitar instruction Feb 2011-Jul 2013. Can't play either. Living, breathing proof some people aren't cut out to make music.
RonF #1368100 02/07/10 07:18 PM
j&j Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Count me in too, please. I've been playing everyday since my new piano arrived 10/26/2009.

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
Casio Privia P230
At least half the waiters in Nashville play better than I
[Linked Image]
j&j #1375065 02/15/10 10:02 PM
P
P
Well, it's time to confess. I didn't simply fall off the wagon... I jumped, rolled and ran away! I haven't practiced once since last Monday. Not even for 5 minutes. Not even for 1 minute. Not once. I wish I had some great excuse like I won the HGTV dream home and couldn't get to a piano though I was *dieing* to. Or that my rewarding job at the UN demanded I drop everything and rush to Prague for an emergency summit meeting and I couldn't believe that the airport didn't have a piano. But, nope. None of those are the reason. While my life was pretty busy last week and I had less "free" time than I usually have, the truth is by the end of the day, I simply did not *want* to practice. Not even for a minute. I gave myself a piano vacation and let me tell you, it felt sooo good. wink

Tonight, I am back to playing (and it's fun again smile ), but for the purposes of this list, my domain is not mastered... but runs wild and free. wink

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by paperkite
Well, it's time to confess. I didn't simply fall off the wagon... I jumped, rolled and ran away! I haven't practiced once since last Monday. Not even for 5 minutes. Not even for 1 minute. Not once. I wish I had some great excuse like I won the HGTV dream home and couldn't get to a piano though I was *dieing* to. Or that my rewarding job at the UN demanded I drop everything and rush to Prague for an emergency summit meeting and I couldn't believe that the airport didn't have a piano. But, nope. None of those are the reason. While my life was pretty busy last week and I had less "free" time than I usually have, the truth is by the end of the day, I simply did not *want* to practice. Not even for a minute. I gave myself a piano vacation and let me tell you, it felt sooo good. wink

Tonight, I am back to playing (and it's fun again smile ), but for the purposes of this list, my domain is not mastered... but runs wild and free. wink

Thanks for the update!

Mark... #1375272 02/16/10 04:05 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I had 2 very bad practice sessions during the weekends but I carried on through Monday and the one on Monday was great as usual, I'm glad I didn't decide to take a break from practicing. Some of the material I have to work on now is so difficult. I've already covered the easy part of my method book so now things will probably slow down for a while.

Last edited by Teodor; 02/16/10 04:07 AM.

[Linked Image]
G
Gary001
Unregistered
Gary001
Unregistered
G
Originally Posted by paperkite
Well, it's time to confess. I didn't simply fall off the wagon...

You're in good company. I've managed to miss two practice sessions the start of this month. Not totally off the wagon though, more like I fell off the front, bounced twice and landed in the rear. Hopefully I'll make it to the end of the month without any repeats smile

Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission