2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
81 members (Arty Movie, beeboss, AjinoRegret, AZNpiano, anotherscott, AliMacLennan89, A. Lucato, 20 invisible), 536 guests, and 393 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 50 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 49 50
Re: New stage pianos from Yamaha!
Melodialworks Music #1362682 01/31/10 10:48 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi Colleen. Nice way to handle the situation. Might I recommend the 'ignore' feature?

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."
David Loving, Waxahachie, Texas
Colleen_500 #1362689 01/31/10 10:56 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by Colleen_500
Originally Posted by pianodilemma

I find you a very unpleasant and tiring individual, and you can consider this my last reply to you.

Peace,

Colleen

What you find me to be is irrelevant to the discussion of the subject matter, but entirely initiated by you.

My my my, you are a persistent little fellow, aren't you?

I had already made it quite clear to you, in an earlier reply, that I was not interested in a discussion of a proposed set of features which might have made more sense.

I also said I wouldn't reply, but in your case, and because you are so special, I will bend the rules; but just this once.

Let's just end this here, with an apology by me, so you can finally let this go, and you can devote yourself to some other mission, and I can go about my enjoyment of this forum in peace.

Ready?

I am extremely sorry that you are a very unpleasant and tiring individual.

Regards,

Colleen

So you essentially lied about that post being your last reply to me.

I believe this, and the fact that you again decided to attack me rather than speak about facts, speaks volumes regarding your credibility and your agenda here.

Your insult veiled as an apology is meaningless given that the facts that remain unaffected. Yamaha simply doesn't have a true replacement for the CP300 at this time for those desiring a high-end sound generation engine and a high-end graded weighted action. They have something different that is not desirable to a segment of the market, and their top-line model appears to omit the functionality of a lower-end model which would be quite easy to implement. This is not a proposal, but a reality that you appear to be overly emotionally vested in, and one you appear not to be able to accept. Focus on facts will allow everyone to move on, including you, without insults or emotion.

RD-700GX + SN Piano Expansion
If you're playing and you know it, wash your hands! If you're playing and you know it, no sanitizer!
If you're playing and you know it, and don't want your keys to show it,
If you're playing and you know it, clip your nails!
daviel #1362690 01/31/10 10:57 PM
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by daviel
Might I recommend the 'ignore' feature?

There's an "ignore feature"? Where? (I've actually looked).

Thanks.

Melodialworks Music #1362700 01/31/10 11:03 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Click on the poster's name in the upper left corner, then click 'view profile'; right below the 4 line simple intro about mid-left click on "ignore this user."
Sometimes it makes a forum visit more tolerable!

daviel #1362701 01/31/10 11:04 PM
C
C
Hi Colleen. Nice way to handle the situation. Might I recommend the 'ignore' feature?

Hi Daviel,

I'm not well schooled in defending myself on forums, so it's a "go by the gut" approach I've used, but dealing with two small children on a daily basis does have it's advantages.

What is this "ignore" feature?

Colleen

daviel #1362702 01/31/10 11:05 PM
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Click on the poster's name in the upper left corner, then click 'view profile'; right below the 4 line simple intro about mid-left click on "ignore this user."

Thanks. Hidden in plain sight, apparently! This will be a useful feature.

Melodialworks Music #1362704 01/31/10 11:07 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I get enough grief in the real world to mess with it on a discussion forum.

daviel #1362708 01/31/10 11:13 PM
C
C

Thank you very much, Daviel; I shall use it right away.

This person's aggressive attitude is rather unsettling; I would hope they seek professional help.

Colleen

daviel #1362709 01/31/10 11:13 PM
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
So, if I understand this feature correctly, it would prevent me from seeing anyone's posts that I had blocked, but I would still see replies to their posts? Or posts and replies to their posts would all be blocked?

Melodialworks Music #1362720 01/31/10 11:26 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yes, you can see everything but their post's content - and you can 'toggle' the ignored post if you want to read it. It's funny, I deal with conflict situations for a living and it strikes me that picking fights on the internet is just like arguments on the phone. Since it takes two to argue, one can always hang up. That's why I don't argue over the phone, and I never argue with someone I want to convince of my point of view on an issue, or ask for something. I deal with enough people who want to do that so I am used to hanging up on them!

Colleen_500 #1362722 01/31/10 11:29 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

This person's aggressive attitude is rather unsettling; I would hope they seek professional help.

Colleen

Wise move, Colleen...I've got one person on "ignore", and now it looks like I will have two.

It's a shame these people spoil an otherwise very interesting, and friendly forum.

Semper Gumby: Always flexible \:^)
snazzyplayer #1362735 01/31/10 11:42 PM
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Yep. Two for sure.

pianodilemma #1362739 01/31/10 11:47 PM
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D

Focus on facts will allow everyone to move on, including you, without insults or emotion.

Ok sure .... just the facts then.

FACT : Not many people here seem like you much or give a toss what you think about anything because you come across as a aggressive argumentative person. The fact that well regarded people here are already discussing amongst each other how they might ignore your posts after you have only made 23 of them might tell you something. But somehow I doubt you will heed that message.

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
Colleen_500 #1362748 01/31/10 11:54 PM
P
P

Colleen

Your hyperbole is, again, a failed attempt to discredit my point, utterly baseless, and again something that brings into question your credibility and agenda.

If you're playing and you know it, wash your hands! If you're playing and you know it, no sanitizer!
pianodilemma #1362749 01/31/10 11:54 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
pianodilemma, I agree that the new CP models are not a true replacement for the CP300. However the market has moved on considerably since this instrument was first released.

Perhaps Yamaha believe that the market no longer requires a grade-weighted keyboard action and built-in speakers in a stage piano instrument?

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

"I agree that the User Manual is very good." - arc7urus, March 2019
Dr Popper #1362757 02/01/10 12:09 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Dr Popper

FACT : Not many people here seem like you much or give a toss what you think about anything because you come across as a aggressive argumentative person. The fact that well regarded people here are already discussing amongst each other how they might ignore your posts after you have only made 23 of them might tell you something. But somehow I doubt you will heed that message.

This person is very aggressive and argumentative.

Another coward hiding behind the skirts of the Internet.

On a more important note, when are you you getting the CP-5, Doc, and how long before the CP-1 is under your anxious fingers?

I'm real curious about this NW ungraded action...I think I'm going to like it. My Roland HP-1700 is ungraded, and it is a lovely piano to play...I mostly midi my arranger keyboard to it, as the piano sound isn't as authentic as I'd like, but it is pleasant enough.

Snazzy

Dr Popper #1362758 02/01/10 12:11 AM
P
P
Originally Posted by Dr Popper

Focus on facts will allow everyone to move on, including you, without insults or emotion.

Ok sure .... just the facts then.

I understand completely where you're coming from. But I only ask you this: did I start this?

snazzyplayer has repeatedly made insulting and ridiculous comments.
Colleen insulted me repeatedly.
Others discuss me in third person but direct comments at me.

If these are the well regarded people, then apparently the derogatory comments made on some of the other forums regarding this forum may be truer that I would have thought. Others have shown positive interest in my comments. Do not mistake my tenacity for arriving at the truth for purposeless argumentation. I will defend my points, and I've been quite conciliatory in my views (specifically that maybe the new CP series pianos is focused on an EP feel, which is totally fine but simply has been unclear from the reviews, NAMM demonstrations and literature).

A couple of individuals seems to have answered some of my valid questions (pedals, weighted actions), for which I'm appreciative. I'm here to try to explore a decision and to give my feedback on something that appears to be lacking. My first post wasn't to argue someone's credentials, and it wasn't to insult someone or to tell them they should seek professional help.

If you're comfortable with the way that some of the other people have conducted themselves here by using insults and antagonizing comments of their own, regardless of how mine may or may not be viewed, then I believe some introspection is in order.

Now that that's out of the way, I believe the thread should get back on topic of discussing the new Yamaha CPs and related competitors. After all, this is why we're all here.

Kawai James #1362769 02/01/10 12:22 AM
P
P
Originally Posted by KAWAI James
pianodilemma, I agree that the new CP models are not a true replacement for the CP300. However the market has moved on considerably since this instrument was first released.

Perhaps Yamaha believe that the market no longer requires a grade-weighted keyboard action and built-in speakers in a stage piano instrument?

Cheers,
James
x

You're right, James. Particularly with regards to speakers, they're useless to mic (DI is preferable anyway for an electronic instrument of this type) and add unnecessary weight to an instrument that's supposed to be hauled around. The EP sounds are actually not too bad, though nothing will beat an authentic B3 or a Leslie speaker. Not the point of a portable electronic instrument given economic and engineering constraints. It sure looks like Yamaha took a different direction with these, and it's just simply good to know. Disappointing from a personal perspective, but it is what it is. And we still haven't seen the CP50 which actually comes closer to fitting the bill for me. I just need to get my hands on it.

Of course, this leaves an opportunity for some of the others to move forward on some other feature sets. I would love nothing better than to see the MP8 (not the MP8-II) action or better in another Kawai stage piano. I'm not sure what you can or can't say regarding the timing of future Kawai's given what's publicly available. I like the Roland RD700GX, but I don't love it. I guess it might take some getting used to. I'm just worried about reading some of the stories of keywear and some replaced keybeds given the short warranty period. There are 20 year old keyboards out there that still play like a charm without any maintenance (and I'm sure not much abuse either), and that's what I hope to get out of whatever I buy.

Kawai James #1362772 02/01/10 12:26 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KAWAI James

Cheers,
James
x

Could be, James. Nord seems to be moving in that direction as well. Could be a trend, maybe not.

Perhaps there is a possibility the CP-300 will be updated or replaced by a new but similar instrument...one bearing the new piano technology in the CP-1/CP-5, but with speakers and graded action?

Personally, I can't see the ungraded action winding up in a home piano.

Snazzy

snazzyplayer #1362790 02/01/10 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by snazzyplayer
Could be, James. Nord seems to be moving in that direction as well.

I do not believe Clavia (manufacturers of Nord instruments) have every featured built-in speakers, however I may be wrong. As for action, is the Nord Piano keyboard grade-weighted?

It seems a little strange to me that a manufacturer would market an instrument as an acoustic piano replacement/alternative, include a three-pedal unit, yet not use grade-weighted keys. However, this is of course true of the CP1, so we're essentially back to where we started. wink

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

"I agree that the User Manual is very good." - arc7urus, March 2019
Page 30 of 50 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 49 50

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Musician's Hand Sanitizer available in our online store (and our Maple Street Music shop in Cornish Maine). Antibacterial, 62% ethyl alcohol. Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Tons more music related products in our online store!
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Buying audio... evolution....
by Bruce In Philly - 06/02/20 04:46 PM
Equal beating tuning
by N W - 06/02/20 04:40 PM
Korg stage
by Bachus - 06/02/20 02:45 PM
If you own an older Yamaha Clavinova...
by PlsDontShootMe - 06/02/20 12:01 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics199,355
Posts2,965,219
Members97,280
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission