2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
94 members (anotherscott, Andrew_G, AllThingsKeyboard, Augustina, astrotoy, Amadeus M., Andy R, APianistHasNoName, Abdol, 19 invisible), 1,705 guests, and 427 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Hello!

I desperately need help. I am wanting to purchase my first piano. I have played since I was a child and continue to play everyday. Because I have been a bit of a transient in recent history, I have been playing on a Yamaha P-200 keyboard. I am happy with it, but my first child is on the way. I want him to grow up hearing his father play an actual piano rather than a computer that looks like one.

I don't have a lot of money but don't think I want to purchase used. My local dealer has a Perzina 129 that I have been playing on for days now. I like the way it sounds compared to the Kawai, Petrof and others on the showroom floor. The bass tones are really beautiful and it still has a bright treble. The action worries me a little (I had some keys go dead) when hitting fast repeats. The dealer says that it is because it is only two weeks old and needs to be "played out."

The dealer's "sale" price is 5839.00. Is that good deal? What does this piano sell for? Is it worth buying? What is your opinion? I am out on an island here about to go crazy trying to make a decision. I need help!

Thanks!

Mark

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
what currency ?

M
OP Offline
M
US Dollars. Sorry.

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Welcome to the forum, Mark.

There's a link to Larry Fine's pianobuyer.com on the right side of this page. Look through that, especially the brand profiles and the section on pricing. Mr. Fine's "suggested maximum price" (SMP) for that piano is $6330 if it's the polished ebony finish. It'll be higher in other finishes. In this economy, you should be able to get a solid 30% off that price. Some people report getting more than 40% off Mr. Fine's SMP. It all depends on your market.

Good luck with your search.

Charles

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Charles - That really helps. It is the polished Ebony. Too bad I already suggested $5,000 as my price ceiling. Going to have to try to go lower.

Makes me worry about the quality of the piano though. Do you have any opinions there?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mark

F
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
F
Just tell the dealer that you've been looking around and reading Piano Buyer. You're ready to buy, and a price that's fair to you both is...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Mark,

Regarding the quality of the piano, it should be significant to note that the Perzina verticals are among the highest quality pianos coming out of China right now. This special category is only shared with the Brodmann grands, this according to Larry Fine.

You can consult the chart here:

http://www.pianobuyer.com/pages/43.html

I would not have any concerns if you like the piano. They are getting pretty high up on this chart compared to all other pianos from Asia.

Nick's Piano Showroom
Naples, Fort Myers, & Sarasota, FL
New Estonia, Mason & Hamlin, Kawai, Brodmann & Ritmuller
239-206-4541 direct line
www.nickspiano.com

Concert Piano Technician, Dealer, and Pianist
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
I don't have much experience with Perzinas, myself. I finally got to play one last month while on vacation. My biggest complaint was playing around the plastic holly. The people here seem to like Perzinas. Pianobuyer rates them as an "upper level" consumer grade piano. It's on the same level as my Indonesian made Kawai. I wouldn't worry about its quality. Here's a link:

http://www.pianobuyer.com/pages/43.html

What other brands are available in your area? We normally recommend you play lots of pianos and then narrow the field. Take notes. Play your finalists several times. If, in the end, it's the Perzina, go for it.

Keep in touch. We like this stuff.

Charles

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Nick,

You're not a true southerner, are you? You type much faster than I do.

Charles

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wow, that's almost spooky!

I'm not a Southerner (except now), but originally from the Midwest.

We Midwesterners might be more accused of talking fast rather than typing.

Nick's Piano Showroom
Naples, Fort Myers, & Sarasota, FL
New Estonia, Mason & Hamlin, Kawai, Brodmann & Ritmuller
239-206-4541 direct line
www.nickspiano.com

Concert Piano Technician, Dealer, and Pianist
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks a lot everyone. Your input is greatly appreciated. The dealer said he would check his books and call me tomorrow after I told him my price ceiling was $5,000.00. We'll see what he offers. His price will include delivery and two tunings (one in-store and one at my house). Should I also assume a bench?

He also has Petrof & Kawai, another brand too that he said was a sister company to Perzina -- I don't remember the name -- as well as a wide range of used grands. I played his various pianos and spent time comparing each. I even used one of his Steinway Grands as a baseline to judge the others. I just kept coming back to the Perzina because of it's rich deep sound. A couple keys did not respond when I was doing quick repeated hits. The dealer said this is because the piano is new. Is this true? That will "play out"?

I was thinking of traveling up to Denver to look at some Yamaha's. The dealer I am working with is the only one in my town (Colorado Springs). I wonder if he will be able to give me a competitive price?

With my first child on the way I really need to get a good deal. I think the piano is important though, and if I can get a good price and a good quality piano... then great. Thank you very much for you help to make that happen.

Mark

B
B
I think you will find you get a lot more value from your piano if you stay with the Perzina. I played them right next to Grotrians and they are quite nice.

There may be some value in the name of Yamaha and Kawai, but if your budget is $5000 the best you'll get from Yamaha is a T118 and likely a K2 from Kawai.

For that price you get a really good up and comer from China that you will hear the difference (ie it sounds comparable to the taller and better uprights from Yamaha and Kawai for a much better price).

If you can stand saving that much money for a lesser known brand I would say go for it.

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Is there still a really good looking Petrof upright just inside the front door? A Perzina grand just inside the door to the right? Have they removed the holly? A Petrof 5'3" farther back on the right side? How about the older Baldwin grand near the petrof grand? The action needed a little work, but I really liked that piano. (So it looks old; I do, too.) Hopefully, they've prepped the Kawai CE-30 they had toward the rear of the rear of the showroom area. It felt great, but really, really needed tuning. Or, with any luck, they've sold a few.

I was there six weeks ago last Tuesday. I had a pretty good steak at Salt Grass that night. (Could I get you to email me one?)

Let us know what you find in Denver.

Charles

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
The bass is extraordinarily clear in the 129's -- you really hear the fundamental. They have the nice soft-close fallboard, too. In my opinion, they're a great piano for the money.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
www.shusterpiano.com
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Director, PTG Norfolk 2016 Technical Institute
http://convention.ptg.org
I have been very happy with the Perzina pianos and their sound as well. It will be interesting to see what the dealer can give off of it for you. I think you will be very happy with the tone and touch. Let us know how it goes and what you end up with.

M
OP Offline
M
Ok, I just talked to the dealer. He said he would sell me the piano for $5,000.00. My exact price ceiling. I told him that I had gotten some help from the Internet... ie. you awesome people. smile I told him I found out that a fair price for the Perzian 129 polished ebony was $4400.00. I was willing to consider cost factors like buying local as apposed to Denver, that he was going to finance for me interest free for 6 months, and that he was including delivery and two tunings (one in store and one at my home).

He said he would contact Perzina to see what his replacement cost would be and get back to me. I am waiting for his call today.

I can't say thanks enough to the people in this thread. You are potentially saving me significant money in a time when I need it most. Thanks also to the reassurance from those who know Perzina. I have no real knowledge other than I like the way it sounds and plays.

I will post after he calls me back. I gotta say the excitement is hard to contain. I have been playing everyday on a Yamaha P200 and I have never owned my own piano.

Thanks again!!

J
J
If you finalize the deal, make sure that the piano delivered bears the same serial # as the one you played and liked. A different piano shows up sometimes.

Baldwin M
Casio PX-330
Casio AP-45
M
OP Offline
M
Well, I heard back from him this morning. He offered $4500.00 including delivery and two tunings. I'm going to take it!!!

I'll check the serial number and write it down.

Thanks a million everyone. I love Piano World!

Super stoked,

Mark

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Congratulations, Mark. You did well. You do know that the standard fee for free advice is pictures, don't you?

Charles

M
OP Offline
M
LOL - Charles. A fee well earned! I am expecting delivery Wednesday. Pictures will follow!

Thanks again,

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Garritan with Sibelius "sound set" ?
by RinTin - 09/28/21 03:13 PM
help teaching an autistic child
by sheilaju - 09/28/21 02:33 PM
Old Kawai MP6
by johan d - 09/28/21 02:04 PM
Half Pedaling reality check
by Dore - 09/28/21 12:47 PM
Confused.
by Cutec - 09/28/21 10:43 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Our Free Newsletter for Piano Lovers!
The summer edition of our free newsletter
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,335
Posts3,135,861
Members102,845
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission