2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ken Knapp
.....apple cannot ban or unban anyone.....

LOOK. smile

Apple is a moderator, correct?

It looked like Apple was making an ANNOUNCEMENT, presumably having been determined officially.

(Gotta go......y'all can sort this out.)

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mark_C

LOOK. smile

It looked like Apple was making an ANNOUNCEMENT, presumably having been determined officially.

ha ha

Like I said before, I wish it was that simple.

Ken

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mark_C

LOOK. smile

I agree...I haven't known apple to be the kind of poster who would make a mistake like that. Seems pretty obvious what she was saying...

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by apple*
just changed 'banned' to suspension

Kinda like to know where this came from, apple. smile

pno Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Probably dream walking.

♫♫♫ ♫♫♫
YAMAHA C2M PE
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
i didn't read all the posts, but what i want to say about it is that he got himself banned. i got in an argument with him in a thread in which he's almost questioning me every word i spoke in my post, and when i did argue with him about my point, he tried to force his points on me and had to get that last laugh and chase me down to a dead end. it was getting too tiresome and pointless for me to go any further and i just stopped replying his posts. although i have seen his many helpful posts on this forum, the encounter i had with him left me cold. i guess that the way he behaves like this got him many complaints. i didn't complain about him on this however and i just walked away.

A
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A
Apple* is a 'global' moderator. I have PM'd with her before- you will never meet a more magnificent person on this planet- two years ago she sent me a pdf which helped me get over a depression. She is also the only one here who has seen a picture of me. (Wasn't I just too cute- or too young I suppose? Yeah, I'm pompous, no surprises.)

Whatever, I love her so much, don't mess with one of the most intellectually -and spiritually- honest folks on this board. Frank was inspired when he brought her on.

Jason
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
apple is a first class lady for sure.

Ken

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by argerichfan

Americans will generally be sleeping in a bit for MLK Day, and good on them! It is so awesome that America recognizes this magnificent man. Cheers, okay?

We don't all get the day off. frown

Douche chill...

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Horowitzian
Originally Posted by apple*
just changed 'banned' to suspension

Kinda like to know where this came from, apple. smile

It's obviously a marketing trick to get this thread to more posts and pages! :D:D:D

Personally, I place my trust to the mods and would like to remind the following quote, in defense (doubtful he needs it but anyhow) of Ken (the mod who made public a few PMs:

Originally Posted by Mary-Rose
If he did, I hereby challenge the recipients of these strange backchannel emails to reveal them here. Were it true he had been secretly evil and abusive to people via PMs, he would have been given the boot long ago.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by argerichfan
Apple* is a 'global' moderator. I have PM'd with her before- you will never meet a more magnificent person on this planet- two years ago she sent me a pdf which helped me get over a depression. She is also the only one here who has seen a picture of me. (Wasn't I just too cute- or too young I suppose? Yeah, I'm pompous, no surprises.)

Whatever, I love her so much, don't mess with one of the most intellectually -and spiritually- honest folks on this board. Frank was inspired when he brought her on.

I enjoy her contributions. smile However, if she were 'global', her name would be blue like Ken's and BB Player's. wink

pno Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
She used to be.

♫♫♫ ♫♫♫
YAMAHA C2M PE
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
My bedtime thought was to suggest that the ban be reversed while the mods take their time to think things over. It feels like a murder has been committed. Take that off the table and the negotiations will be a lot calmer.

Clef

Originally Posted by wr
Originally Posted by Debussy20
I miss the days we used to talk about piano things.

Somebody is forcing you to read this? And not the other threads that are about piano things?
Well said wr. How many times does this happen - a poster complains about a topic going Off Forum? These are the ones that cause me grief, and I'll bet they are also 'hitting the button' (not that I'm saying Matt does).

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Strings & Wood
Originally Posted by Phlebas
Originally Posted by stores
I find it a little difficult to understand why so many are questioning things, when it's been reiterated several times that the primary reason he was banned was because he dropped an "f" bomb on one of the moderators. If it were my site and someone told me to "f off", then, I'd more than likely ban that person too, and so would anyone else (contrary to what most will say, because it's easy to say you wouldn't objectively). The whole issue seems fairly cut and dry to me.

That's a large part of it, and as I've said before, it's very difficult to get banned here. You pretty much have to try - hard. The mods, and Frank don't go around with jack boots banning people. That said, we don't tolerate abusive behavior towards us. That wasn't the first time he did that to a mod. He was warned, and given a second chance. Those PMs were in response to either a minor disagreement, or a warning to tone it down after several complaints, followed by a timeout.

As Kreisler said we are reviewing mod procedures, however there has been no open discussion among the mods about a possible reinstatement. Who knows what can happen in the futire, but it's not in the cards now.

I went back and read the Beethoven thread and I can't help but wonder- what part did you play in all of this Phlebas?

Here is a quote from that thread I find interesting. I believe he is referring to you.

Policing is left to moderators, but people can freely report offenses; that's what the Notify button is for in each message. Here, of course, a moderator from another subforum defended your usage as "earthy" and flamed me for expressing a contrary opinion. His lack of objectivity and discretion in making clear that he dislikes me more than he dislikes vulgarity doesn't change what it is.

Steven

Here is the thread.

Beethoven thread

My previous stated position still stands. I hope that Steven's publicly issued apology, for dropping the F-bomb in a PM, to the moderator will be accepted and Steven will be given the opportunity to return... my cards are on the table.

What part do you need clarified? It's all been posted. He acted like an asshat, and I let him know about it.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
apple,

Where did this come from? I don't see indication of it anywhere.

Ken
=================================================
It's on the previous page, under Apple's picture, with her name in color. Just look back a bit and you'll see it

Last edited by Kreisler; 01/18/10 09:28 AM. Reason: fixed screen width issue

Clef

W
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
You don't need to see his Identification, these AREN'T the droids you are looking for.

[Linked Image]

Move along, move along....

W
wr Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by stores

Sorry, but I never intended to decide on the behalf of anyone else, so, don't put words in my mouth.

Good, it's nice to know that you understand that even if you state what the whole issue is, it really isn't the whole issue just because you have said so.

Obviously, the other dimensions DIDN'T figure into why he was banned OR he would never have been banned would he? No.

That makes no sense to me, since I have no idea which of the multitude of other dimensions that have been discussed you are talking about. Nothing comes to mind that would fit with your cause-and-effect template.

W
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
"I want to come with you to Alderaan. There's nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father."

[Linked Image]

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission