2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
40 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,179 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 50 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 49 50
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Moose
Hi guys, let me quickly introduce myself:

Going on 30, music professional, working for Yamaha Music Europe, playing a damn lot of music in different setting: solo, funk, soul, classical,...

Welcome to Piano World. Mostly a great bunch here, but the odd member drinks far too much coffee!

To avoid confusion, we should call you YAMAHA Moose!

Lawrence

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Welcome to the forum Moose!

Soul and funk you say? Good stuff - a man after my own heart! wink

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Crap. I hope I didn't scare him off by being too inquisitive about the products his company makes.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by dewster
Crap. I hope I didn't scare him off by being too inquisitive about the products his company makes.

Doubt it. He'll probably ignore your questions if he either can't on won't answer! Or he'll search for all posts by "dewster", and run, Forest, run . . !

I did try to warn him about a coffee swilling maniac on the forum . . .

I'm hoping Yamaha will release the full manual (in English) when Winter NAMM 2010 becomes a reality, and some excellent demos of the AP, with slow, long notes, high quality, and no one yapping over the top.

Now I should wake up, 'cause I'm dreaming, at least about the demos part.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Dewster, you're the least scary guy here...we all know you're an old softy.

Sold my Avant Grand yesterday...made a little bit on it actually...the guy, Lowell, who would only play acoustics (he was the guy we blindfolded) bought it...I bought a pair of Bose L1 speaker systems so I can play in stereo....gonna start giggin' again...I'm looking forward to the CP-5 (or CP-1) and how it compares to the CP-300.

Snazzy

Semper Gumby: Always flexible \:^)
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by snazzyplayer
Sold my Avant Grand yesterday

Has anyone checked the temperature in heck lately?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sold my Avant Grand yesterday

Has anyone checked the temperature in heck lately?

I'll see if I can set up a séance to contact my former mother-in-law...she'd know. wink

Snazzy

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M

Sold my Avant Grand yesterday...

OK. Now I'm really, really confused. Is it backwards day? Has the world ended? (Never saw that one coming!)

Online Content
Sold my Avant Grand yesterday...made a little bit on it actually...

Wow, now that's what I call a play-test! wink

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
James, I got the Avant Grand for roughly dealer cost...we sold several on my demos alone...Lowell made me an offer I couldn't refuse...he's happy, and so am I.

I'm going to go for the nest iteration of the Avant Grand...remember, it is the beginning of a series.

Snazzy

M
M

Nah, you'll have to try harder to scare me off...

Can't answer your questions though... I said I was working for Yamaha Music, but not for Stage Piano's, so I know just as many details about the new CP-line as you do (and probably even less :-) )

Only advice I can give you: wait forming your opinion until you've played them all. A comparison between CP1/5/50 will answer your questions easily.
I know I've made my choice by comparing them. CP1 it is.

Employed by Yamaha Europe. Same deal, all my posts are personal opinions, not company opinions!
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Yeah CP1 is great but the CP5 is more versatile .... CP50 is ....well I dunno what it is really ...

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
M
M

Can you comment on which advantages of the CP1 made you favor the CP1 over the CP5? I'm sure most/all of us would appreciate a detailed description of your impressions. Thanks! smile

R
RDW Offline
R
Originally Posted by Dr Popper
CP50 is ....well I dunno what it is really ...

Affordable?

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Yeah its more .... "Affordable" sleep

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Nah, you'll have to try harder to scare me off...

Here goes nothing ;-)

Can't answer your questions though... I said I was working for Yamaha Music, but not for Stage Piano's, so I know just as many details about the new CP-line as you do (and probably even less :-) )

Only advice I can give you: wait forming your opinion until you've played them all. A comparison between CP1/5/50 will answer your questions easily.

I'm not trying to beat you up - I certainly would appreciate any information you can give, and I understand how working for a large, publicly traded company can tie your hands.

But all you've done so far is tease us, which I feel is rather cruel. Your post is like Roger Ebert giving a thumbs up/down with no review attached - what are we to make of it? And you work for Yamaha which confuses things even more.

OK, here's the thing. Many of us here are mainly interested in the CFIII patch (and to a lesser degree the S6 patch). All the other EPs, sounds, preamps, effects, wooden/plastic keys, vacuum fluorescent displays, glowing logos, etc. are just icing on the cake. The CFIII appears on all models in this line. Since you have compared them, can you at least tell us if the CFIII patch is the same on all three?

I don't think that is asking too much. I mean, revealing that shouldn't cause Yamaha's stock to go into the toilet. And I'm not a competitor asking this, I'm a fairly loyal customer who regularly recommends Yamaha keyboards to piano students. Shouldn't that count for something?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My Yamaha clinician buddy in Canada, Ian, had to sign an NDA agreement (non-disclosure) so I imagine Moose might be in the same situation.

Snazzy

M
M
There seem to be some short demo songs up here:

http://www.yamahasynth.com/products/stage_pianos/cp1/

Not sure if they were up before already, just noticed them the first time. *Damn*, I like that DX7 sound (last one in the list)! I'd really like to know how much better the SCM DX7 sounds of the CP1 are, compared to the sampled-only DX7 sounds in the CP50.

Anybody going to NAMM? Could you please compare the DX7 sounds of CP1 vs. CP50? That should be a good indication of how well SCM works.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by madshi
*Damn*, I like that DX7 sound (last one in the list)! I'd really like to know how much better the SCM DX7 sounds of the CP1 are, compared to the sampled-only DX7 sounds in the CP50.

Anybody going to NAMM? Could you please compare the DX7 sounds of CP1 vs. CP50? That should be a good indication of how well SCM works.

According to the MIDI parameter list, you don't have any real control over the FM operator count, configuration, mixing, etc. All they give you is four patches ("variations" in the video) and some extremely limited twiddle room. Meh.

They could have easily thrown a real DX7, or even better an FS1r, in there. The tons of patches floating around the web would have made it really useful. Ever read the patents on those things? The DX7 was a model of efficiency in hardware requiring no multiplications (they did it all with logs).

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
My Yamaha clinician buddy in Canada, Ian, had to sign an NDA agreement (non-disclosure) so I imagine Moose might be in the same situation.

Yea, but an NDA is for two companies that enter into a limited technology sharing arrangement.

I'm a very interested consumer who can't even get the time of day out of Yamaha.

Page 14 of 50 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission