2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
39 members (Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 6 invisible), 1,123 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
.....and maybe now we do. But we didn't before, unless we were psychic.

B
B
Originally Posted by Phlebas
Yeah. It's a little interesting that the OP - one of SV's best friends here - wouldn't have known about what happened, and didn't really go to his defense to the Mods. or Frank - as far as I saw - until a week later when the hoopla ensued. Puts it in a certain light, IMO.

I hope that I'm not out of line in saying this, and I'll say up front that I don't know exactly why you and SV got into your rather frequent arguments...but as a moderator that clearly didn't get along with him, a comment like that seems in bad taste to me.

Anyway, I usually don't post unless I feel like I have something to contribute (which isn't all that often), but I read here when I can and I'd hate to see you go, Horowitzian. If you leave, who's going to post the emoticon for beating a dead horse? wink Seeing that certain people are posting in threads is usually enough to make me click through, and yours (and SV's, FWIW) is one of them.

Please stay, Horowitzian...I, too, appreciate your posts.

8000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
8000 Post Club Member
...I have decided to stick around. I was very angry last night, but after a night to cool off and some time at the piano to clear my head, I feel much better. Fortunately, Steven and I are in contact off the boards, but this community as a whole has lost a generally great contributor. Steven's email is in the profile of the stevebob account, if anyone wants to send him a message.

I've asked Ken to reconsider. It's the only right thing to do at this point. I, in most cases, have appreciated both Ken's and Greg's judgment; however, this is a case where I feel the community has been injured more than it has been helped by the decision to ban Steven. But we are only human. And I sincerely hope that the administration here will take all the public support for Steven by the members as well as Steven's own apology to Greg into consideration.

In the meantime, I would like to extend heartfelt thanks to those who not only supported Steven, but also supported me via this thread and private messages. It means a great deal to me. smile

Let's all work together to make Piano World into a friendly community once again. cool

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Good call, H! Nothing like a good night's sleep and a morning at the piano to put it all in perspective. Some time and cooling off will hopefully make things right and eventually even get Steven back.

Sophia

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
[Linked Image]
We all win if you stay. Now if we can get Steven back, we can all sigh with relief and return to music.

Best regards,

Deborah
P
P
I'm glad you're back, Horowitzian. I've really enjoyed your insights in the time I've been on the board.

Bach French Suites No. 6, Allemande and Gigue, Beethoven's Pathetique, Chopin Nocturne 72/1, Fantaisie-Impromptu, Debussy's First Arabesque, Takacs Toccata Op 54, Rachmaninoff Etude-Tableau 33/8.
L
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
L
btb:

If you knew anything about depression, you would know that it can still hit even though one has "not gone off one's meds."

And, even though I have beeen a good girl and taken all my pills, I still find all of this quite depressing.

Kathleen

Chopin’s music is all I need to look into my soul.
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
I agree with the others, H- I'm really glad to think you'll stay with us. I enjoy your contributions! And I also hope that Steven will re-join us soon.
but after ....... some time at the piano to clear my head, I feel much better.

Just curious- what was the music that accomplished this for you? smile

8000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
8000 Post Club Member
Some scales and a little Chopin in honor of our friend Steven. smile

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by gooddog
[Linked Image]
We all win if you stay. Now if we can get Steven back, we can all sigh with relief and return to music.

+1

Welcome "back". smile

Rubinstein.

"Nie Dam Sie!"
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I cannot imagine what Soto Voce will do with his time being apart from PW. PW is his life. He contributed most of his time to participate in virtually any topics in PW.

Last edited by RonaldSteinway; 01/10/10 05:58 PM.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
H - yippie

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Originally Posted by Horowitzian
...I have decided to stick around. I was very angry last night, but after a night to cool off and some time at the piano to clear my head, I feel much better. Fortunately, Steven and I are in contact off the boards, but this community as a whole has lost a generally great contributor. Steven's email is in the profile of the stevebob account, if anyone wants to send him a message.

I've asked Ken to reconsider. It's the only right thing to do at this point. I, in most cases, have appreciated both Ken's and Greg's judgment; however, this is a case where I feel the community has been injured more than it has been helped by the decision to ban Steven. But we are only human. And I sincerely hope that the administration here will take all the public support for Steven by the members as well as Steven's own apology to Greg into consideration.

In the meantime, I would like to extend heartfelt thanks to those who not only supported Steven, but also supported me via this thread and private messages. It means a great deal to me. smile

Let's all work together to make Piano World into a friendly community once again. cool

I'm very happy you made this decision, Horowitzian. yippie You are an asset to the forum, and I would have hated to lose yet another knowledgeable and valuable member.

8000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
8000 Post Club Member
Thanks, Monica. smile

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by buck2202
Yeah. It's a little interesting that the OP - one of SV's best friends here - wouldn't have known about what happened, and didn't really go to his defense to the Mods. or Frank - as far as I saw - until a week later when the hoopla ensued. Puts it in a certain light, IMO.

I hope that I'm not out of line in saying this, and I'll say up front that I don't know exactly why you and SV got into your rather frequent arguments...but as a moderator that clearly didn't get along with him, a comment like that seems in bad taste to me.

Anyway, I usually don't post unless I feel like I have something to contribute (which isn't all that often), but I read here when I can and I'd hate to see you go, Horowitzian. If you leave, who's going to post the emoticon for beating a dead horse? wink Seeing that certain people are posting in threads is usually enough to make me click through, and yours (and SV's, FWIW) is one of them.

My posting history speaks for itself. Look at it. There were not "frequent arguments" between SV and me. We had maybe 3 or 4 threads where we disagreed. Take a look for yourself.

Now, having said that, I do have questions why the OP waited a week for the Grand Exit thread when he had to have known about it much sooner.

Enough said.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
This whole thing is starting to resemble a Christopher Guest film.

Justin
-------
Bach English Suite #5
Scarlatti Sonata K141 . L422
Mozart Sonata K333
Schubert Impromptu opus 90 D899
Schubert Moment Musicaux opus 94 D780
8000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
8000 Post Club Member
[...]
Now, having said that, I do have questions why the OP waited a week for the Grand Exit thread when he had to have known about it much sooner.

[...]

How about reading the thread first?

Originally Posted by Horowitzian
Originally Posted by Piano*Dad
Originally Posted by Kreisler
Actually, Sotto Voce was banned on the 2nd. It took 6 days for people to notice.

I think many of us noticed quite rapidly. We just conducted most of our conversations in private. You know, the posters btb highlighted in red. smile

Actually, I hadn't been around the fora as much as usual when the initial problem occurred. In fact, I totally missed it. I just happened to get an email from Steven about the whole thing. I've talked to Ken about it, and await his response.

[...]

Last edited by Horowitzian; 01/10/10 09:50 PM.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I'm glad your hanging around Horowitzian. I have been gone from the forum for the weekend and just got back in time to read this amazing soap opera and I swear I kept waiting for your single post... "What a great thread!" You have always cracked me up when you do that. smile

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -ELBERT HUBBARD

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission