2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, 14 invisible), 2,128 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1344160 01/08/10 06:49 PM
C
champy Offline OP
OP Offline
C

I am buying a first DP (casio px330)online and want to have it shipped to my place in Switzerland. It is going to be a long way and I want to make sure that my stuff will arrive in a excellent condition.(I am aware that I have to pay the import tax. But I believe it is still cheaper with the import tax than getting one here because the price high is ridiculously expensive!)

I searched in this forum about which online store to choose from and I saw that you guys might be able to help me choose from my condition. I am choosing between this two site.

1. Music123 - shipping fee around 150$
2. Sweetwater - Shipping fee around 200$

In general what I have found in other posts about this is that Sweetwater is good because they have a very good after-purchased service. However, all I need is that I want to make sure that my item arrive in a perfect condition and if there is anything happened to my DP, I can get my money back. And the process of claiming should not be complicate. Also of course, I want to choose the one with the lowest shipping fee.

So if Sweetwater is better than Music123 just because they can tell you what to do this and that when you have a problem using the instrument, I will then just go for Music123. Do you people have any suggestion?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I have bought gear from both and had good results, but I'm not in Switzerland. Sweetwater puts you on a call list so that every 6 mos. or so some sales guy calls to see if you are in the market for any gear. If you need help with it, just ask all the experts on the forum! I'd just go with the cheapest site and make sure the package is insured! good luck, and good call - I lust after a px-330 myself.

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."
David Loving, Waxahachie, Texas
M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
I'm a big sweetwater fan. I'd ask them if they do anything extra for overseas shipping, they might offer some shipping option that would increase your chances of a safe delivery without any increase in price.

Yamaha P90, Kawai GL-10
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I've gotten great service from

www.americanmusicalsupply.com

and

www.kraftmusic.com

don't know about shipping to Switz though !

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
US domestic shipping usually has no problem with any online dealer. I just got mine shipped to me in good shape. but international shipping might be a different story. you might want to call them to see if they can guarantee the safe shipping to oversea locations.

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
In terms if customer service. Sweetwater is the best in the business. If there are any problems they will help. They also offer there own 2 year warranty in addition to whatever the manufacturer offers. Sweetwater will asing one person to you. So you know who to call for question and problems You will he will send you his personal e-mail and phone number when you place your first order. Then you do your nest orders with the same person.

Music123 on the other hand can be trusted to load boxes onto FedEx or UPS trucks. Don't expect anything more than that from them.

If all goes well the place with the lowest price is what you want. But if something happens, like the box is run over by a track while in transit or is stolen by the shipper or it is just broken then you will have to deal with customer service. But maybe there is only a one in a hundred chance of a problem like that.

Sweetwater has a large physical facility with performance space, recording studios, music lessons an so on. on-line retail is not their only business. Music123 is highly automated with just a few phone operators and a warehouse. There only business is loading boxes onto trucks.

Last edited by ChrisA; 01/11/10 01:21 PM.
Being semi-retired, I don't have a lot of funds to spare. I still buy from Sweetwater if possible. At least, they have been honest with me on items that were ordered which were not in stock.

Music123 had the use of my money for months while waiting for one particular back-ordered item. I did get the money back eventually after requesting it, but that was not super fast.

If I were shipping something overseas, especially considering that either one is going to result in import duties and so forth, I'd want the highest reputation for taking care of any problems.

On one piece of equipment where I had problems, Sweetwater issued a FedEx tag for the heavy keyboard, all I had to do was take it to the FedEx facility 10 miles from my home. That is the only piece that has given any problem, and I have bought a goodly number of items from them.

Jim Cason
Promised LAN Computing, Inc.
Howard C171 Grand, Kurzweil PC3X, PC3, PC361, PC2X, PC2.
JBL 10&15 EONG2s, EV SxA100+s QSC K10s, HP & ThinkPad DAWs, eMu 1820M & 1616M.
Epi Les Paul & LP 5str Bass, Trace amp-cabinets.
Formerly in electronic keyboard repair trade - semi-retired

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission