2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (Barly, 1957, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 13 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Both Brodman and Hailun will have proment displays at NAMM.

These are two of still growing companies in the industry today.

Both makers will show new products, Brodman will add a quality digital line for its dealers.

Taylor will be a new entry level line,designed by and named after partner Colin Taylor.

Norbert

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Norbert
Both Brodman and Hailun will have prominent displays at NAMM.
Norbert

Norbert,

Will Hailun be represented by a new distributor, the ?existing? distributor, or by both with rival displays at opposite ends of the floor? grin

Also, will Herr Norbert be at NAMM?

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
For those of you who may be curious about the scope of the NAMM show, here is an Excel spread sheet with all the exhibitors (over 1600 of them).

Clicking this link will give you the option to open it in Excel, or download it.

NAMM 2010 Exhibitors

I was going to just copy/paste the list into a post, but it would be way too long.

The list of Piano Companies is posted a couple posts up in this thread.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

Frank,

I opened the spreadsheet and looked over the list. Noticeably missing were Baldwin (they will no doubt be represented inside the Gibson Guitar display), ASC (Sejung, including George Steck, Hobart Cable and Falcone), Generalmusic, and Bechstein.

As for the other German piano builders, Seiler will be included in the Samick display (along with all their other piano brands and also their guitar and MI products this year). I think that Sauter and Steingraeber will pass on coming to Anaheim this year and instead invest their trade show budget in exhibiting at Frankfort. JMHO

Craig Smith
General Manager
Kansas City Piano

www.kansascitypiano.com
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Thanks Craig,

I didn't see Bechstein, ASC, or Generalmusic in the spread sheet.

The spread sheet was downloaded directly from the NAMM web site, I didn't alter it in any way (other than to lock the cells).

You're probably right about Baldwin being in the Gibson display, although it would be nice if that had been indicated.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'm not going this year, as I'm not currently affiliated with any business company, and my own business is either not off the ground enough, or of the wrong type, to get me in the door. frown

So, considering I'm not going, where's the next best place to go (preferably in southern California if possible) to be able to see and play, in one place, every make and model of piano currently produced? I'm thinking of going to the PTG National convention later this year, but even then I don't think every single make and model listed in the Piano Buyer publication will be there.

The one time I did go a few years ago when I was working as a floor tuner for a local music store, I saw David Rubenstein's 12' R-371 piano there. I also understand he's been working on an 8' R-242 piano and I'd be surprised if it's not completed by now. If anyone sees his piano(s) at NAMM, I would love to have a report of it. smile

Of course, when you all return from NAMM, I'll want to see the several hundred GB to few TB worth of pictures and videos you take posted. So be sure to take your 5D Mk IIs, 1D Mk IVs, 1Ds Mk IIIs, D3s's, D3x'x, A850's, A900's, or whatever cameras you all have, and fill those stacks of 16GB or 32GB memory cards (which you paid as much for as you paid for the cameras and lenses).... hmm... though... that means we'd probably have to buy Frank B a few extra 2TB hard drives for his server just to host the photos, though... Well I still want to see lots of high-resolution pictures. smile

1950 (#144211) Baldwin Hamilton
1956 (#167714) Baldwin Hamilton
You can right-click my avatar for an option to view a larger version.
In addition to the piano brands not showing at NAMM that are listed above (ASC, Bechstein, Sauter, Steingraeber, etc.), it has been reported that Steinway announced to their dealers back in October (when they had a dealer meeting in Chicago), that they would not be displaying in any capacity at this year's NAMM show, not even in an off-site hotel. While there is no doubt that Steinway management and executives will be attending the show as visitors and will be meeting with key dealers over dinner or in hotel suites, there is no official S & S dealer function planned for this NAMM show.

My hunch is that the entire show will be more focused on the guitar and MI exhibits in the main halls on the first floor, leaving the third floor piano exhibits to the fewer dealers and industry personnel that can afford to attend this year. It will likely be a quiet affair.

Craig Smith
General Manager
Kansas City Piano

www.kansascitypiano.com
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Unfortunately I think you're right Craig.

We usually attend with an eye toward picking up new advertisers.
I do have a couple of meetings, but nothing like in past years.

I think we'll be spending more time looking for products to add to our online store (PianoSupplies.com).

I used to go for 5-6 days, this year we arrive Thurs. afternoon and leave early Sunday morning. Didn't want to spend more on hotel/food/etc. than I have to.

I remember when NAMM was a big time fun affair.

Sure, just when Piano World has gotten big enough to attract the attention
of the industry, the industry shrinks :-)

I'm not giving up, but just in case I think I better start working on KazooWorld.
Oops, can't even do that, someone else owns the domain name.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

Originally Posted by Piano World

I'm not giving up, but just in case I think I better start working on KazooWorld.
Oops, can't even do that, someone else owns the domain name.

Frank,

I'm sure that you will find the NAMM show to be worth your investment to attend. Seriously, although KazooWorld is spoken for, you may very well discover another segment of the music products industry (the percussion folks are very passionate) that could benefit from your ability and experience to expand your internet forums. You have all the mechanical components in place; all you need is another instrument category and the enthusiasts will follow.

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays!

Craig Smith
General Manager
Kansas City Piano

www.kansascitypiano.com
Happened to see this announcement – The “gear slutz” are having a party during the NAMM show.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...amm-party-saturday-january-16th-7pm.html

Thought this funny: While referring themselves as the “gear sluts”, they call piano dealers (and any music related dealers) the “gear pimps”ha

Last edited by James Maxwell; 12/28/09 09:57 PM.

Weber WC-46, Kawai RX-2, Steinway B
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Gearslutz is a really useful website.

They have a sub-forum called "low end theory" that I'm particularly fond of. I've often wondered to myself what it would be like to have a sub-forum here to give instrument slummers such as myself a partition wall from the high-end piano highbrows. smile

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'll be out at NAMM for a couple days this year. I'm actually very interested in going because of the rather large changes in the industry in the past few years. I did notice that many of the European companies will not be displaying this year. I can't speak for brands I don't represent, however, in the case of Grotrian, we will be having dealer meetings with the managing director during NAMM. Afterward, he's taking the time to visit a number of us at our stores... all of this much more constructive and economical than flying a bunch of pianos to California to put in a booth costing 10s of thousands of $$$ to show to people who already have them in their showrooms...

I think the show is much more important for vendors selling less exclusive pianos to larger dealer networks or for larger companies making major product launches. For example, I was very happy that I attended last year because of Kawai having a number of new acoustic and digital pianos to play and view.

I'm looking forward to the show!

Musician, Singer, Teacher, Humorist, Dad...

“I have an inferiority complex, but it’s not a very good one.”
― Steven Wright
Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
I will also be at NAMM. I'd enjoy meeting any PW members who will be there. Also, if you live in the area and would like to meet, please PM me or post to this thread.

Frank, why not organize a meeting there for PW members? It has happened in the past and it would be fun to put members faces with their names.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
D
Del Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
I will be there as well.

I'll be spending at least part of the time at the Young Chang exhibit along with giving a brief presentation about the new products on Friday afternoon. There will be several of the almost completed new designs on display. I'm not sure just which but I think there will be a 275 and a 185 along with one or two of the smaller verticals. These won't quite be the final versions (I don't think) but they should be close.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Research, Design & Manufacturing Consultant
ddfandrich@gmail.com
(To contact me privately please use this e-mail address.)

Stupidity is a rare condition, ignorance is a common choice. --Anon
M
M
Do piano manufacturers typically offer discounts to retailers during NAMM?

Do retailers typically pass on such discounts to the public during or shortly after NAMM?

I ask because I've never tried to buy a piano during or shortly after NAMM. If that would be a good time to buy, it would be nice to know...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Bosendorfer will be displaying in the Marriott this year, a separate room across the hall from the main Yamaha display.

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BoseEric
Bosendorfer will be displaying in the Marriott this year, a separate room across the hall from the main Yamaha display.

Thanks Eric, surprising they weren't listed separately in the exhibitors list.
We are staying at the Marriott so we'll be sure to stop by.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Made it through the first day - haven't seen Frank yet! Hopefully I won't miss seeing you this year, Frank.

Don Mannino RPT, MPA
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Hey Don,

We stopped by, but you were off tuning a piano at the hotel.

We went to the reception at the hotel tonight, but didn't see you there either.
Will try again Friday and/or Sat. to catch up.

We did see David Nevue and the gang from Whisperings.
They were the piano entertainment for the evening at the Kawai Reception.
Did a great job.

Going to kick back with a glass of wine now, tomorrow is another day.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

A
A
Originally Posted by Piano World
NAMM 2010 - Anaheim California Thursday Jan 14- Sunday Jan 17
So, Are You Going?
If you are a member of the public, sorry, you can't get in.

What a highfalutin' smug choice of font sizes & wording, founder/host-or-not.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission