2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 11 invisible), 2,010 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
OP Offline
D
I really like the Yamaha YDP223 and if I buy it at Music123 I can get it for $1,279.99. Are they a reliable seller?

My mom recently ordered a P155 from them, had no problems, and the keyboard was delivered in just under a week. She used the 20% off coupon as well.

Love others and do what you love!
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online reviews gave them a poor rating.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by denverdave66
I really like the Yamaha YDP223 and if I buy it at Music123 I can get it for $1,279.99. Are they a reliable seller?

All of the big ones, zzsounds, gc, 123, samash, musician's friend, b&h, are trustworthy in the sense that they ship you what you asked for in a factory-sealed box. They're not out to scam you.

However, if there is a problem post-purchase with delivery or you simply have a question that you can't find an answer for in the owner's manual, sweetwater is the best. Their employees make you feel important and don't give you the run-around when you phone.

If you're really in Denver, you could ask a local gc, sam ash, or ??? to match 123's price. Bring price documentation with you.

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
K
K
I ordered a YDP160 with the 20% coupon and didn't have any issue. They shipped it in a few days.

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by denverdave66

The funny thing is that there are FAR fewer on-line resellers than you might think. I'm know for sure that Guitar Center and Musican's Friend are the same company and I'm pretty sure Music123 is the same. The way to know is to look at the return addresses on the boxes. It all ships from the same address. Maybe they are different companies but contract from the same warehouse operators.

I really don't care. Even if some outfit were outright criminals my bank would just charge back to my credit card account. There is nothing to loose. Also their only job is to take an order from the web and send the info to a warehouse where some guy loads a box into a truck. It's a very simple low-skill job you are asking of them.

So far I've had two orders from them and both were uneventful. They do however take a couple days to ship.

If you want to deal with the best in the business order from Sweetwater. Those guys assign you a customer engineer. He personally takes the order, and ships it just as soon as the order arrives and he will send you emails from his own email account updating you about status and for after sales he severs as the point of contact with the company for questions of problems. I order some items from them but if I know what I want and just need someone to put a box on a UPS truck I shop by price and music123 wins as long as that 20% deal holds. But if you want to know the difference between (say) two guitar cables and need to talk to a guy who has used both himself and heard the difference go to Sweetwater

T
T
I had only the best experience with Sweetwater. those guys are great.

Yuri
Clavinova CPL-340PE
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Yes Music 123 is good and they have a 45 day return policy which is great. I bought my 2nd keyboard from them (refurbished) which didn't have the song book, but they got one to me in a couple of weeks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission